Royal Oud 2011

Royal Oud by Creed
Top 40 in Unisex Perfume
Royal Oud is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAngelica, Galbanum, Lebanon cedar
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Oud, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 09.04.2021.

Gentleman
First impression: Walk through a dry pine forest. At the same time little pine and a lot of hot sand / soil.

After: Woody, creamy and fresh laundry/shower gel in the background.

At the end: reserved gentleman, sympathetic and handsome.

(remains long close on the skin, sillage unfortunately not good)
Words don't come easy
I've been searching for the right words to express my affection for this fragrance for a while now. But somehow the words have not been enough in my imagination so far. But now I want to try it.

It started with a sample, which was enclosed to me to a perfume order. The name Royal Oud appealed to me first not particularly, because I'm really not a big fan of the eagle wood. But of course I wanted to test it anyway. Said, done and it was done around me...
In the first moment, a small bitter green monster hunts in my nose and shows itself quite abrupt. Nix lovely or gentle it has baggage.
(Nevertheless, I found the smell interesting from the first moment and was open-minded and curious for more)
Citrusy and woody notes quickly soothe the little green monster though and it becomes elegant. Really really incredibly elegant.
The woods start to subtly smoke over time, without me calling the scent 'smoky'. But there is this irresistible subtle smoky hint that blends with the woody, citrusy, spicy components and, just sniffed from a slight distance, blends with them impossibly harmoniously. The fragrance radiates a cozy warmth without becoming sweet or too soft, it remains distinctive.
This melange is so sublime, beautiful, casual, appealing and fabulous that I almost forget there are any other perfumes at all.
If you look up the word 'fabulous' in the dictionary, there should be a photo of Royal Oud's bottle next to it ;-)
For me, an absolutely unisex fragrance. I would recommend every person to try a nose of it. If you love exclusively sweet and/or very floral scents, you might not quite warm up to Royal Oud, or it might be your first approach to another scent... who knows.
Oud, by the way, I can not perceive here at any point.

Spicy Bombon
What a fragrance. For me The most balanced Creed. Light, spicy and a little sweet. Angelica and galbanum is a great combination. Unfortunately, really not a good sillage, but keeps close to the skin until the next morning.
Can96
Somebody knocked over pepper, picked up wood?
Preface:
My OUD preference started with Gucci Guilty OUD, it was the first OUD fragrance I tested and bought directly. After I had many others under my nose, like Atkinson's, etc., none was as good as Creed's...

Scent:
The first time I sprayed it on my skin, I only noticed the pink pepper in the top note, followed by a minimal hint of lemon. I "searched" for bergamot in vain
After 10 minutes, a pleasant smoky OUD scent crossed my path, just as I had imagined.

After approx. 30 min. I noticed how the musk slightly underlays the smoky OUD & 1 hour later the scent got a bitter and simple pleasant sweetness by the sandalwood, of the pink pepper nothing was "left" anymore.

Conclusion:
Who likes it simple and classic, should not be too bad to test this fragrance! :)
Heaven?
From sample to sample, I hanged myself and searched for the perfect woody scent.
After several suggestions in the fragrance consultation I came across this one.

So I ordered one rehearsal in summer and another one in autumn. With such expensive fragrances I have to look more closely because a 10ml sample is not enough, considering that the cheapest supplier advertises the 100ml for just under 200€. Accordingly, I was able to compare different batches.
The sample I ordered in the summer (19P11) had on my skin a medium silage but much better durability. And on the last sample the sillage was fortunately better. Now I can also say that the whole thing is ok, because the scent itself is like heaven on earth.

The Royale Oud actually starts with citric cedar wood. The bergamot refines the whole thing really well, there is also a sweet-peppery undertone. So that the whole morsh-(slightly) sweet-citric at the beginning works. Over the course of the fragrance after 1-2 hours we have more cedar, accompanied by angelica and galbanum. What seems so cheerful that the fragrance can't help but radiate level-headedness and self-confidence through the cedar wood, that also lifts the tip of my nose when I wear the fragrance (as already written). In me the fragrance has such a strong balance that I feel myself
Grounded. Through the feeling of having found what I am looking for and through the heavenly lightness through the really well combined notes, I can only come to one conclusion.

Wearable all year round, in summer I was hunted by wasps but hey. I'd fly after anybody who smelled like that. #nosexual

Fragrance 10/10 the sky in a bottle
Sillage 7,5/10 could be better for the price, but the surprise is big if you search forever for the scent on your arm and it comes flying by again because the durability
of 8-10 hours is really good. (8.5/10)

If heaven smelled like this, I'd never sin again...
Creed's Hidden Champion
Short form: unique, slightly "light" oud fragrance, which needs about 20-30mij to develop its full potential. The longer on the skin, the better.

Long Story:
It was a Saturday before some. Years ago, when I went to the KaDeWe to test Aventus... quickly a salesman came to me and we talked... I meant that I hoped for more from Aventus... sure he is not bad, but I miss the WOW, so the 200€ are justified...
He showed me Royal Oud and sprayed it on me... I pulled a face and found him very unpleasant... he then: yes, the custom of his time... look around even further and after about 20min you will come back and thank me...
And yes... he was absolutely right. After some time I really went back to him and thanked him for this extraordinary beautiful scent, which in my opinion is completely wrongly in the shadow of Aventus :)
By the way: I also showed the scent to my brother, and he also spoiled his face. I used the same words as def feiner Herr im KaDeWe, and lo and behold: he did pick up the sample he had offered before from me afterwards.

It's a great scent that takes time to develop. Can be worn all year round without attracting attention. It's certainly not for everyone, but that's a good thing. For me, the best Creed before Viking. Aventus comes after. But that is a matter of taste :)
HIRH
You smell better with the second one
During my last purchase in the niche perfumery of my choice, I was allowed to choose which samples I would like to take with me. When I discovered that creed samples are also available, I thought I would take a Royal Oud sample with me.

I had actually only heard good things about this fragrance before. It's a classic DNA with oud that can be worn in summer. First of all, I feel that the fragrance does justice to this claim. In my statement, I have drawn parallels to AdP's Oud from the first impression. But there the first impression definitely deceived me. However: from the beginning!

The fragrance opens with citrus notes that settle quite quickly on a bed of cedar. The light citrus notes, however, disappear only after one to two hours, not with the appearance of the cedar.

Then the fragrance becomes slightly creamier, still on the cedar base. Not without a certain lightness, but no exaggeration.

And so the fragrance lingers on the skin almost endlessly, until the next morning or rather until the next shower. The durability is definitely underestimated here in my opinion. The Sillage is not too obtrusive because of the classic DNA, anyway not world champion. But definitely present.

Some of you may well ask yourself while reading this, why I don't go into the basic grades at all. That is because they do not exist for me. I am an "oud expert" and lover of oriental scents. I know what musk smells like. I know what oud smells like. I know what sandalwood smells like. I don't smell any of this in Creed's Royal Oud. I don't smell it in the dry-down either. A more fitting name would have been Royal Cedar. Because, for the life of me, that smell's got nothing to do with oud!

This also makes it different from the AdP-Oud "series". Because it's based on oud and not cedar and that actually makes a bigger difference in drydown. Only the top notes are similarly citric.

Conclusion: A classic citrus wood DNA, well done. But unfortunately, fraudulent labelling. Still so beautiful, I could imagine buying the scent. But for now, there are definitely other scents on my list. Cheers

Smunitz
Oud is only the beginning!
As with many Creeds, if the name says Royal Oud, you probably guessed, the oud will not be the primary note :)
This fragrance is best described as Spice and Woods (only that name is already taken by another Creed fragrance!!!).
Two major notes will be pink pepper and cedar (which most clones copy rather well) but the background notes are just as important. Lemon will be noticeable at the opening but as secondary note. The oud will provide an impression of smoky/tobacco note (not just medicinal note like in Tom Ford's Oud Wood). The angelica and galbanum will add dry green impression and a little of spice too (in addition to pink pepper). Musk and sandalwood will be noticeable from the mid and down. It is a beautiful composition, in my opinion, created as a more likable combination of Bois du Portugal and Tabarome for men under 60 :) Unlike those two, Royal Oud will get you compliments and will also perform rather well (solid 6-8 hours with average projection). As many of you, I was not that impressed at first but the more I wore it the more I liked it: to the point that I think now that this is probably among better top 3 Creeds for me.
Very versatile and easy to wear scent for any occasion (perhaps not for hot summer days). Take your time with this one, as it is one of more unique and true niche quality Creeds, do not dismiss it easily, you will regret it later as did I :)

Creed Royal (w)Oud
I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered this I just knew because of some reviews the the word Oud was misplaced here, companies lately are very liberal with the word Oud.

When I sprayed I was blown away! A blast of peppery woody goodness, that's pretty much what I got. A gorgeous blend of pepper, cedar and sandalwood mainly and it was enough to win me over. Performance wise the frag is fine, I got around 7hrs on the first wear but I went to bed so perhaps it would've reached an 8th hour, projection is also decent.
Overall performance is nice, I'd expect something better considering the price tag but there's Creed's performance track record to consider son balancing all I guess 7-8hrs is fine. Compliment factor is there but I see this more as a 'guys' scent so you'll probably get more compliments from guys than girls.

I got a good deal for a 75ml, the scent is amazing and performance is solid so I'm happy.
Autumn in the fall
Obviously I am not the first one who changed his mind about Royal Oud.
At the first test a few years ago, I found the bitter, humourless opening reason enough to give the thing a wide berth. It is particularly repellent and unattractive, especially on the scent strip. On the skin, however, to move on to my change of mind, the idea of the base comes across directly (recently I gave a great explanation here, which I can't reproduce in detail, but which was about the difficulty of "transporting" the heavier scents over the paper, compared to e.g. the citrus notes), which shifts the prelude at least from "repellent" to "interesting" What remains: for me this is not a citric head note. There is simply too little acidity for that. The bitter dominates That doesn't make him a fresh summer scent for me. But it is an excellent scent for autumn, because it reminds me of the bitter-sweet note of fallen leaves.
I had already liked the base back then - cuddly, cosy, warm-sweet and cosy.
And autumn has always been my favourite season, and now I have finally found a suitable perfume

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Fresh and peppery opening. I get a woody, slightly smoky scent from the start. The drydown is woody, spicy, resinous, sweet and a bit musky.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 6 months ago
No royal No oud ! Mine also doesn’t perform well at all. Bit disappointed with this
MillanderMillander 1 year ago
Really nice long lasting sandal and cedar scent.
LouisVoyageLouisVoyage 2 years ago
Green, citrusy, fresh oudy fragrance. If you like oud fragrances and didn't find yet the perfect one for the summer: this is it. 9/10
PioPio 2 years ago
Im surprised of how similar RO is to both SpiceBomb and Pascal Morabito's Black Agent. Wish it wasn't.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Woody, not oudy. Smells great, wears very easily but I don't get much oud in there. More like dry cedarwood scent than a oud scent
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Was there somewhere oud? If so then it’s covered almost completely by cedar. However, it doesn’t harm this citrusy-fresh pleasant fragrance.

Royal (blue) connotations. Or what happens when you cycle past Buckingham Palace at 6.30am and you happen to have a bottle of Creed Royal Oud thrown in your backpack accidentally on purpose.
by MrFumejunkie
by Venomrock101
by Pepper81
by Pepper81

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed