Royal Oud 2011

Royal Oud by Creed
Top 36 in Unisex Perfume
Royal Oud is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAngelica, Galbanum, Lebanon cedar
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Oud, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.10.2020.

Heaven?
From sample to sample, I hanged myself and searched for the perfect woody scent.
After several suggestions in the fragrance consultation I came across this one.

So I ordered one rehearsal in summer and another one in autumn. With such expensive fragrances I have to look more closely because a 10ml sample is not enough, considering that the cheapest supplier advertises the 100ml for just under 200€. Accordingly, I was able to compare different batches.
The sample I ordered in the summer (19P11) had on my skin a medium silage but much better durability. And on the last sample the sillage was fortunately better. Now I can also say that the whole thing is ok, because the scent itself is like heaven on earth.

The Royale Oud actually starts with citric cedar wood. The bergamot refines the whole thing really well, there is also a sweet-peppery undertone. So that the whole morsh-(slightly) sweet-citric at the beginning works. Over the course of the fragrance after 1-2 hours we have more cedar, accompanied by angelica and galbanum. What seems so cheerful that the fragrance can't help but radiate level-headedness and self-confidence through the cedar wood, that also lifts the tip of my nose when I wear the fragrance (as already written). In me the fragrance has such a strong balance that I feel myself
Grounded. Through the feeling of having found what I am looking for and through the heavenly lightness through the really well combined notes, I can only come to one conclusion.

Wearable all year round, in summer I was hunted by wasps but hey. I'd fly after anybody who smelled like that. #nosexual

Fragrance 10/10 the sky in a bottle
Sillage 7,5/10 could be better for the price, but the surprise is big if you search forever for the scent on your arm and it comes flying by again because the durability
of 8-10 hours is really good. (8.5/10)

If heaven smelled like this, I'd never sin again...
Creed's Hidden Champion
Short form: unique, slightly "light" oud fragrance, which needs about 20-30mij to develop its full potential. The longer on the skin, the better.

Long Story:
It was a Saturday before some. Years ago, when I went to the KaDeWe to test Aventus... quickly a salesman came to me and we talked... I meant that I hoped for more from Aventus... sure he is not bad, but I miss the WOW, so the 200€ are justified...
He showed me Royal Oud and sprayed it on me... I pulled a face and found him very unpleasant... he then: yes, the custom of his time... look around even further and after about 20min you will come back and thank me...
And yes... he was absolutely right. After some time I really went back to him and thanked him for this extraordinary beautiful scent, which in my opinion is completely wrongly in the shadow of Aventus :)
By the way: I also showed the scent to my brother, and he also spoiled his face. I used the same words as def feiner Herr im KaDeWe, and lo and behold: he did pick up the sample he had offered before from me afterwards.

It's a great scent that takes time to develop. Can be worn all year round without attracting attention. It's certainly not for everyone, but that's a good thing. For me, the best Creed before Viking. Aventus comes after. But that is a matter of taste :)
HIRH
You smell better with the second one
During my last purchase in the niche perfumery of my choice, I was allowed to choose which samples I would like to take with me. When I discovered that creed samples are also available, I thought I would take a Royal Oud sample with me.

I had actually only heard good things about this fragrance before. It's a classic DNA with oud that can be worn in summer. First of all, I feel that the fragrance does justice to this claim. In my statement, I have drawn parallels to AdP's Oud from the first impression. But there the first impression definitely deceived me. However: from the beginning!

The fragrance opens with citrus notes that settle quite quickly on a bed of cedar. The light citrus notes, however, disappear only after one to two hours, not with the appearance of the cedar.

Then the fragrance becomes slightly creamier, still on the cedar base. Not without a certain lightness, but no exaggeration.

And so the fragrance lingers on the skin almost endlessly, until the next morning or rather until the next shower. The durability is definitely underestimated here in my opinion. The Sillage is not too obtrusive because of the classic DNA, anyway not world champion. But definitely present.

Some of you may well ask yourself while reading this, why I don't go into the basic grades at all. That is because they do not exist for me. I am an "oud expert" and lover of oriental scents. I know what musk smells like. I know what oud smells like. I know what sandalwood smells like. I don't smell any of this in Creed's Royal Oud. I don't smell it in the dry-down either. A more fitting name would have been Royal Cedar. Because, for the life of me, that smell's got nothing to do with oud!

This also makes it different from the AdP-Oud "series". Because it's based on oud and not cedar and that actually makes a bigger difference in drydown. Only the top notes are similarly citric.

Conclusion: A classic citrus wood DNA, well done. But unfortunately, fraudulent labelling. Still so beautiful, I could imagine buying the scent. But for now, there are definitely other scents on my list. Cheers

Smunitz
Oud is only the beginning!
As with many Creeds, if the name says Royal Oud, you probably guessed, the oud will not be the primary note :)
This fragrance is best described as Spice and Woods (only that name is already taken by another Creed fragrance!!!).
Two major notes will be pink pepper and cedar (which most clones copy rather well) but the background notes are just as important. Lemon will be noticeable at the opening but as secondary note. The oud will provide an impression of smoky/tobacco note (not just medicinal note like in Tom Ford's Oud Wood). The angelica and galbanum will add dry green impression and a little of spice too (in addition to pink pepper). Musk and sandalwood will be noticeable from the mid and down. It is a beautiful composition, in my opinion, created as a more likable combination of Bois du Portugal and Tabarome for men under 60 :) Unlike those two, Royal Oud will get you compliments and will also perform rather well (solid 6-8 hours with average projection). As many of you, I was not that impressed at first but the more I wore it the more I liked it: to the point that I think now that this is probably among better top 3 Creeds for me.
Very versatile and easy to wear scent for any occasion (perhaps not for hot summer days). Take your time with this one, as it is one of more unique and true niche quality Creeds, do not dismiss it easily, you will regret it later as did I :)

Creed Royal (w)Oud
I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered this I just knew because of some reviews the the word Oud was misplaced here, companies lately are very liberal with the word Oud.

When I sprayed I was blown away! A blast of peppery woody goodness, that's pretty much what I got. A gorgeous blend of pepper, cedar and sandalwood mainly and it was enough to win me over. Performance wise the frag is fine, I got around 7hrs on the first wear but I went to bed so perhaps it would've reached an 8th hour. Projection is decent. Overall performance is nice, I'd expect something better considering the price tag but there's Creed's performance track record to consider son balancing all I guess 7-8hrs is fine. Compliment factor is there but I see this more as a 'guys' scent so you'll probably get more compliments from guys than girls.

I got a good deal for a 75ml, the scent is amazing and performance is solid so I'm happy.
Autumn in the fall
Obviously I am not the first one who changed his mind about Royal Oud.
At the first test a few years ago, I found the bitter, humourless opening reason enough to give the thing a wide berth. It is particularly repellent and unattractive, especially on the scent strip. On the skin, however, to move on to my change of mind, the idea of the base comes across directly (recently I gave a great explanation here, which I can't reproduce in detail, but which was about the difficulty of "transporting" the heavier scents over the paper, compared to e.g. the citrus notes), which shifts the prelude at least from "repellent" to "interesting" What remains: for me this is not a citric head note. There is simply too little acidity for that. The bitter dominates That doesn't make him a fresh summer scent for me. But it is an excellent scent for autumn, because it reminds me of the bitter-sweet note of fallen leaves.
I had already liked the base back then - cuddly, cosy, warm-sweet and cosy.
And autumn has always been my favourite season, and now I have finally found a suitable perfume
OneMadHatter
The most expensive ashtray in the world
And just to put it bluntly: I find this scent sensational. I could never find myself in this Aventus Creed Batch Hype and was therefore all the more sceptical about it.

But this one was recommended to me, so I had to test it.
And what can I say: This is how I imagine Him, the most expensive ashtray in the world. Not that I've ever smelled it, I don't even smoke with pleasure. But it could be. Inside is a burnt cedar match. The butler's. It's glowing and smoking. Next to it the charred 50s, oh no, 100s of the Sheikh himself, with which he just lit the Cohiba Behike 2006. Because Royal Oud smells like money. Of success. Of fucking noble guys in fucking noble clothes. Expensive it smells. Almost royal. Well, it's called ROYAL Oud. Where the royal is actually very dominant. Not much to see of the oud for now. When it does, it just flashes from time to time through the noble ashes. If you are looking for a real oud fragrance or a real oriental, you are wrong with RO. At Creed in general.
Lemon, yes, over and over again. Refreshes the ashes over and over again. Makes it wearable in any season. And any time of day. But Oud? Rather rare. There's a little bergamot in there too. It comes from woods, actually. But very little oud.

He doesn't need that either. He's damn beautiful just the way he is. Wooden, fresh, smoky.
Sometimes I imagine that when I wear it, my chin sticks out 2cm higher than usual. It's probably resting on the ashtray The royal ashtray.
Aromantica
The private jet or how to apply a work of art correctly
No, it's not business class. It's not first class either. It's the private jet. Really. First of all, thanks to Voluptatem, who described it so appetisingly. It's been three years now since I stomped into perfumery about it, hell-bent on getting to know this fragrance. And that was love at first sight. It's true, it starts with a cedar, fully juiced. If you don't use the right dosage, it can get out of hand in one fell swoop - if you don't pay attention, you'll get the young branches full of energy in your face. Today I know that there is another way. Anyway, the end is divine. Even if my inner Swabian rebelled, at some point the bottle arrived here. Special gifts for especially dear, unique people, to whom one would like to lay the world at their feet. In the beginning it was meant as a gift. Only the saleswoman had given me the trial shot on the wrist, on which I always wore a leather bracelet at that time. The slightest gust of wind was enough and there it was again - the private jet. At the beginning I would never have thought that it was still in this bracelet. I have already suspected companies of enriching their air conditioning systems with particularly exquisite CI fragrances. Until one day, I realized... So I stood in the perfumery again, to give the Royal Oud languishing looks. A very dear saleswoman couldn't watch it anymore and filled an empty sample plastic tube for me at the test bottle. This bottle accompanied me everywhere for two years, especially in situations where I could use an extra dose of self-confidence, and even in particularly beautiful moments I sometimes just had to have it by my side. And sometimes as a source of comfort. Encourager. Do-gooder. Miracle worker. That depends. Until recently, the tiny amounts of spray left a small residue in the tube. Until I got on the plane, to where the big bottle stands, which I gave away as a present. What I had been looking forward to on this trip to see its owner again. Only at some point it started to smell very intensely from my suitcase. Yes, my faithful companion lay in two parts in the side compartment and had put the last millilitres of the liquid into my suitcase. At some point it was clear that I would need a bottle like that now. A big one :) Royal Oud finally also cuts a good figure as a women's fragrance, at least I could already master the most different situations in his company. Only when the big bottle was there, one thing became clear to me: there are fragrances that are true teachers of thriftiness. And by that I don't mean that the scent from the original bottle is worse than the one from the plastic. But such a large bottle also gives off much stronger spray. And that's where the cedar can really knock your socks off in the beginning. Since I'm aware of this, I usually take off the golden cap over the spray hose and take only one drop. A pouring bottle would be optimal. But for everyone who finds the beginning too strong, this could be a real option ;)
Royal Cedar
Yeah, it should be called Royal Cedar. Because imho has very little to do with oud. From my point of view RO is a beautiful Cedar Chypre with an excellent cocoa note and a very high quality, citric opening.

The gradient remains fresh and woody, it offers slightly sweet undertones without ever really being too sweet. Dark cocoa wrapped in peppery nuances accompanies the fragrance until the last hour. It never becomes banal or boring.

The development is less complex and the beautiful notes of the head resonate slightly in the background until the last minutes of the drydown. The oud always stays in the background.

Durability and Sillage are not "beastmode" but clearly above average, which makes it unobtrusive and suitable for everyday use.

For me it is one of the best fragrances currently available from Creed. Again and again with pleasure!
5.5

"Oud" in boring..
I am currently working a lot on the topic of oud and I am also looking for a fresher scent that still doesn't lose the mystical magic of oud. Basically, I'm more of a fan of sweeter, slightly animalistic oud and not the full buzz. Since I have heard so many good things about the Royal Oud, I directly took care of a sample.

After the first application I wasn't really enthusiastic, but I thought it would be with time. After about an hour, of course, everything settled and developed a bit and now there remained a musk base with a slight wood note and a bergamot, which in my opinion was unsuitable.

Unfortunately I will not get this scent, because I do not find it well mixed and somehow also boring. The durability and the performance are good, no question, but if the scent itself doesn't fit, it doesn't help you either.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 7 days ago
No royal No oud ! Mine also doesn’t perform well at all. Bit disappointed with this
MillanderMillander 9 months ago
Really nice long lasting sandal and cedar scent.
LouisVoyageLouisVoyage 17 months ago
Green, citrusy, fresh oudy fragrance. If you like oud fragrances and didn't find yet the perfect one for the summer: this is it. 9/10
PioPio 20 months ago
Im surprised of how similar RO is to both SpiceBomb and Pascal Morabito's Black Agent. Wish it wasn't.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Woody, not oudy. Smells great, wears very easily but I don't get much oud in there. More like dry cedarwood scent than a oud scent
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Was there somewhere oud? If so then it’s covered almost completely by cedar. However, it doesn’t harm this citrusy-fresh pleasant fragrance.

Royal (blue) connotations. Or what happens when you cycle past Buckingham Palace at 6.30am and you happen to have a bottle of Creed Royal Oud thrown in your backpack accidentally on purpose.
by MrFumejunkie
by Venomrock101
by Pepper81
by Pepper81

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed