Royal Water (1997)

Royal Water by Creed

Royal Water is a perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 1997. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Clementine, Mandarin, Peppermint, Verbena, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesBasil, Cumin, Pepper, Juniper berry
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Tonkin musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.06.2020.

A water
Happy St Nicholas Day to all friends of olfactory madness. I hope there was nothing with the rod and your boots were neatly filled.
Tabernus plena omnia magnus or Siefel voll, everything is great. This is what the Roman master perfumer Riechnochnix is said to have said. Personally, I think Latin has gone out of fashion because people used to accidentally summon demons in normal conversations. Mihi opus emere hodie and zack... the horned one stands before you. Uncool.

But these are my assumptions, as well as the assumptions that Creed was with the predecessor of Erolfa on the Titanic, Royal Water was created in honor of Lady Diana, or Aventus to support the underwear industry.
It can all be right, or it can't. Creed himself doesn't advertise on the official website at least.
Let's stick with the smell we're talking about here. Royal Water was developed and launched in 1997, the year Lady Diana had her accident. She died on August 31, 1997, so Creed had 4 months to knot this fragrance together and launch it in her honor in the same year. Maybe, but do fragrances no longer need to be developed? So was this fragrance already finished with Creed and you just dedicated this fragrance to her posthumous?
Or is it all wrong? I can't answer everything, but it doesn't really matter. Can X-Factor take care of it for me.

I am certainly a lot, but not a big fan of this brand, do not suffer from creedism and celebrate everything that comes out of the house and I have already criticized here and there. The so-called Creedik.

I like this fragrance and understand why it's harder for him than some other Creed fragrances.
For the younger ones it looks a bit old-fashioned, for the older ones who appreciate this direction it lacks even more edge.

It starts extremely fresh with mint and you can smell and smell the lemon and tangerine very well, but after a short while an oldschoolige spice mixes with it. Verbena will be whatever was popular in those days. Add a pinch of pepper to maintain the freshness. A few herbs also belong to it, whereby the basil is to be smelled already quite clearly. After 1-2h the ensemble becomes slightly herbaceous and reminds of earlier aftershave.
The whole thing then merges into the typical Creed musk, which can be seen very clearly in the Dry Down.

In summary, the fragrance begins strongly hesperidic fresh and then transforms into a spicy, slightly herbaceous fragrance.
You know, I don't think of myself as the absolute perfume connoisseur who can smell everything, but I'm further than I am with wine. When someone opens a bottle of wine, I immediately recognize..Ahhh wine.
Whereby a good bottle of red wine can also replace 35 semesters of philosophy studies.

For me personally, this fragrance is very masculine. I therefore see no connection with Lady Diana. This would smell like jasmine or orange blossom to me, or Chanel at that time. In the gossip press she is said to have worn Quelques Fleurs by Houbigant at her wedding and also liked Diorissimo. I can well imagine that.
A fragrance in her honour would therefore have fitted better in this direction than a Royal Water. If it's all true.
I find this fragrance nevertheless successful, as it dares to bridge the gap between classic and modern. Exactly this balancing act is the reason why he has a hard time.
Someone who thinks Aventus is great probably only smells Klostein and finds him old, while the Chyphre and Oldschool lovers say that he has far too little of it.
I also think it's good, but I don't know if it would be worth buying it. With the Loewe Pour Homme I also had a great fragrance, which was a bit more classic, but I hardly used it at all.

Therefore I want to see how he is doing at warmer temperatures, because that would be his profession. The shelf life for a fresh fragrance is 6 hours. You can't complain about that. I spare myself price debates, because everyone can decide for himself what he spends for a fragrance.
However, I must say that after the Himalayas this is a Creed that also appeals to me. I guess I have a heart or a nose for underrated scents. Royal Water is already elegant and classic, yet refreshing and comfortable to wear. Whether it is now a royal water, or only a water that everyone decides for himself.

Happy St. Nicholas Day to you all!
Love at the 2nd glance
I used the souk here more and more because I see blind purchases from 30 Euro upwards so slowly as senseless. You can't buy a Creed fragrance that you can't get for less than 100 Euro blind unless you don't care about 120-200 Euro. So I received the Royal Water with several bottlings (Souk is really top, those I had to deal with were all absolutely correct, friendly and reliable). First I always read the comments here and get a picture of a scent based on the statements/comments. I often wonder when description and reality don't fit together for me. This was also the case with the Royal Water. Sprayed on the hand - smelled - and thought: Um necessary! That's Creed Number One I don't like. Petty, citric, a little old-fashioned. Not that I have to wash it off, but not as well as I expected. I put him on his side, then. After another test he got better. Most people will know that you just want a fragrance to please you because it's so well rated or in Youtube videos everyone says it's great (e.g. De Marly Layton, De Marly Herod) and you think "What's wrong with me that I don't like it?" These scents are then given several chances while others (Boss, CK, Davidoff etc) are quickly dealt with. With Creed, it's extreme for me. I often thought "Joa's ok but I'll never buy that for the price!" when I first tested it (so happens at Aventus, Viking, Royal Mayfair, SMW, MI, Himalaya, Bois du Portugal) and now I own them because they are all unique (uniquely good) to me at the 2nd glance. Unfortunately I notice that the more Creed, De Marly or other niche fragrances I test, the more of my former favorite fragrances (e.g. Dior Higher, Chanel Egoiste Platinum...) become more and more irrelevant. Not really worse, but less interesting. You get more and more into this obsession and then wonder why someone tells you that you stink when you wear Amouage Reflection while you often get compliments for JPG pour Homme. You don't want that to be true. The Royal Water - to get to the fragrance itself - is not citric/classical like Allure Edition Blanche but rather towards Dior eau Sauvage edt. Think you'll get less good reactions here wearing it. It's more of a classic fragrance for the fragrance freaks like me who are losing sight of the mainstream in the sense of "please everyone" more and more. With that in mind.

AntonioPORTAntonioPORT 14 months ago
Royal Water is an enchanted bright light in the forest after a spring morning rain.
Green grass by the river & tiny flowers. Royal Class!

by JPhx
by JPhx
Thank you for your words!
by R0din

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed