Silver Mountain Water 1995 Eau de Parfum

Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Chance Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette)

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesMarine notes, Green tea, Blackcurrant bud
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.05.2021.

Something different
Silver montain water was the second Creed fragance i sample and tested, i don't really understood notes or doesn't really care about it at the time.
At first (many years a go) i really loved how the perfume made me feel. It was something different, litle bit outdated maybe, but, damn nothing like the blues or that generic feell the market as giving us!
Now 2021 i "found" my sample while searching for old goddies, and i don't know why but after the test never give any other chance to this, let's try it one more time...
SMW, opens with a Bright, sharp, citrus vibe, neroli and bergamot are perdominant at this point.
That will pass to a salty sea brease feeling but in a few minutes vanish and we start to notice the real back bone!
Powdery, creamy, leaves, with a touch of tea supported with sandalwood and ambergris maybe... I think this is perfect for spring/summer, makes you feel clean, fresh and classy with a touch of that Creed old 90's DNA!
This is Something different that i will Invest on This summer for sure!

An echo from above
One of the best fragrances I came across.
Very bright, clean and milky, creamy.
The citrusy accord is there and the green tea mixed with the blackcurrant gives it a very calming vibe. The drydown will also be heavenly : woody, rich and still creamy to my nose. Besides the fact that the smell is heavenly we must appreciate the uniqueness. I didn't have the opportunity to smell any of its clones but I just went for the original, thinking that the quality of a Creed cannot be easy to replicate. I see why it's marked as unisex, being a gentle and subtle, innofensive kind of fragrance. My #1 Creed at the moment.
I don't care about the negative comments that are thrown in its direction.
Here comes the truth : Performance was unreal for me. 14+ hours as a skin scent, but I gave it a medium score because it really was at its peak in the first 6-7 hours, with a decent projection (More than an elbow's lenght) for about 2 hours.
Very versatile for the spring and summer and maybe pushing a bit in the fall as well. Anywhere, anytime in those 3 seasons, easily, taking in consideration the number of sprays.
I encourage you to try it first and see if it's for you. I ain't gonna let my girl use this one. No way babe.
Btw, my batch is from 2019 if this helps.
Fantastic release ! Bravo Creed !
Overall : 8.5/10
Wombatkönig
The world of fragrances is not a disc
My first comment and that of all things to Creed's Silver Mountain Water, which actually does not fit into my scheme. Because - so much in advance - it was not love at first smell. Nevertheless, SMW is exactly the right fragrance for my first comment. Because he symbolizes the beginning of my journey on the I rediscover the world of fragrances....

I've never been a fan of fresh scents. Arbitrary, same, unspectacular were for me until some time ago all fragrances that go in the fresh direction.
Sweet fragrances, yes that's what I've always liked. So for a long time Givenchy's Pi was my favorite (I can imagine how the average parfumo just turns up his nose) and even now my favorites are mainly in the sweet direction.
In autumn and winter such preferences are no problem. It is more tricky in the summer. But even here I have unerringly to fragrances with residual sweetness as to "Acqua di Parma - Fico di Amalfi", parts of the Luna Rossa series or - to my shame - also rather cheap fresh-sweet / fruity representatives grabbed. The main thing a touch of sweetness was just in the soup.
So you could say I was an olfactory Flat-Earther...

So with that attitude, I met up with my fragrance buddies in the late summer of 2020 (yes, that's when it was just allowed) for a round of tastings. It was "Creed" on the program. Although I knew the house before for more than Aventus (which in incidentally - who's surprised - quite good but also not really spectacular find). I have to admit that before each rehearsal I secretly thought to myself: "hopefully one will come for me now! Please, please finally a cutie!", only to be disappointed once in a while. We had about 20 men's creeds there as rehearsals. Somewhere there was also SMW, but I only remembered it because of the praising words of my joy. The fragrance seemed to me then as banal and interchangeable as all the other samples that evening.
To the smiles of my fellow testers, I of course liked Virgin Island Father (Yeah, sweet coconut!) the best. At least we could still agree that my second choice, Original Santal, was a pretty good scent.
Overall, it was a very interesting but challenging evening, as it took a lot out of me to hide my ignorance at the time.

Rather by chance and still the praises of my fellow testers in the back of my mind I then bought a short time later (because of the low price) a bottling SMW.
Arrived. Sprayed on. Been disappointed. Yes, he smells exactly as I remember: fresh arbitrary. I do not need. The money I would have times better saved.

Autumn was here, the winter at the door. So my favorite perfume season has begun: Sweet is officially daily wearable!
Funny enough, on the few days I do have to go into the office at the moment, I opt for the not-so-sweet and rather fresh cleaners among my bottles. The fear of leaving a bad impression with a sweet fragrance is simply too great. So one day I picked up SMW. And what can I say: I actually felt good and enjoyed the fragrance around me.

And so I caught myself in the subsequent period repeatedly (just after days on which I tested a sweet that I did not really like) also at home with the desire to smell fresh combined with the reach for my SMW filling. The first two times I didn't think much of it, the third time I started to talk positively about the scent in my environment. And SMW also pleased my fellow men. In the meantime I simply realized that SMW is a damn good fragrance and I really like it. I now understand what my fellow testers at the time liked so much:

SMW is like a mountain stream: clear, natural, and in balance.
No masculine shower gel notes. No "here I come." Discreet and yet present.

SMW radiates on me an almost magical elegance. An understatement without losing its own claim. Not loud, but the quality simply speaks for itself.

It is somewhat difficult for me to put my impressions of the smell itself in words: Definitely citrusy, unsweet but warm, perhaps minimally bitter without being unpleasant. Wearable at any time of day and year.
I feel comfortable with it. Clean, pure and also self-confident.

I now see a whole new, much bigger world of fragrances ahead of me. True, I still tend to like sweet fragrances the best. But I now understand that:

1. A fragrance does not have to be sweet to please me.

2. more importantly, a fragrance doesn't necessarily have to please me (immediately) to be a good fragrance.

With these insights, I look forward to an exciting journey in a globe-trotting world of fragrance!

Smellavision
Instantly recognizable as a Creed scent...
as it bears the signature ambergris base (only listed as musk in the note pyramid?) also found in i.e. Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed.

Slightly sweet fruits, tea and ozonic aquatic musk with a hint of creamy ink, perfectly unisex. It is extremely linear and with exception of the black currant in the opening, it stays almost exactly the same from beginning to end. Fits very nicely for spring and summertime. Funny thing is, I actually find it to be have quite a few similarities with Millesime Imperial - maybe it's just me? I also used to own Al-Rehab's Silver and must admit that the dupe is pretty close to SMW, but smells cheaper as it lacks the ambergris base, which is replaced by a sharper metallic vibe.

Projection isn't very impressive, but the longevity is a moderate 3-4 hours as with many other scents.
Heldenvater
The best mistake of the year!
Are you annoyed by other people's mistakes?

Me yes - and especially those that have an impact on me.

Today was such a mistake. An expensive mistake - and I'm so glad that I want to share it with you.

To start the story early enough, but not too early: I started my small collection of perfumes in March of this year and I have firmly resolved to keep it manageable - if not for the sake of money, then for the sake of domestic peace alone...

Over the years I have tested all the fragrances that I think are of value and so my collection grew piece by piece. In the end there were only three higher priced ones: Jubilation 25, Royal Oud and Original Santal.

Then came the highest secular holiday this year, Black Friday - and there I got an offer I couldn't refuse: I bought all three and both Creed fragrances were available for 50 Euro less than normal.
From Italy indeed and with longer delivery time... Nevertheless: I had to
In the end, I waited just under 2 weeks.

Today the waiting came to an end: the postman rang twice and the package was there.

There they were: beautifully packaged... and wrongly delivered.
Royal Oud was there - fortunately, I wanted him in any case.
But the other was Silver Mountain Water! Never tested. For a price that was, in spite of the offer, very reasonable
Now what? Send it back and wait 4 weeks?

Spray on and hope.

And what can I say?
A revelation!
Sensational!
Terrific!
A dream!!

Silver Mountain Water is a fresh, pure, highly pleasing fragrance!

At the beginning citric freshness, clear like the name-giving mountain river and refreshing like a bath in it.

Right from the start, this creed shows its own exclusive smelling freshness, which you know from its siblings like Millesime Imperial - and the fear of underground durability that comes with it, I can dispel at this point: it's clearly above it.

Over time, the warmer, woody tones will come through - without Silver Mountain Water losing its freshness.

Until the end, the fragrance radiates an exclusive, fabulously pleasing aura - and it smells like no other fragrance I know of, by no means generic or boring.

Conclusion:
Silver Mountain Water is a great scent - fresh like a mountain river, beautiful like the sun reflected in it and an absolute recommendation.

Best mistake I ever made in perfume!

Inky but i love it
I honestly understand the strange ink opening that slaps you across the face just as hard as im slapping my own face trying to describe it. It's as if theres a jarring cacophony of tea notes against the other base notes sandal wood and musk. The ink is what draws me towards it and thats what makes it niche

Although this is a very dated fragrance there is almost nothing i've smelt that has come close to it. The strange inky opening is something that you cant find anything else and its very alluring. I may be biased as i loved this fragrance at first sniff. But let me just go a bit deeper as everyone describes it as an ink and nothing more. No its not like getting high off a sharpie (not that i've done that), nor a bull point pen, a fine liner or a white board marker. I'm a physio as i swear teaching patients, teaching courses and all, drawing anatomy and concepts for hours on a whiteboard gives me a headache with all the "ink" notes. But this is nothing close. The inky note in swm is just the perception of ink. Since distinguish the tea, blackcurrant and sandalwood/musk together, we just generalise it as "ink". But in fact its honestly just a more complex musk. Gradually what i get most after 1 hour wear you do get a unique refreshing musk.

Sillage and longevity on my skin is average. I'll get 4 - 6 hours wear and it projects about 1 arms length at most. Thats fine for me since i work in close environments and the ink note is "jarring" in its opening; the rest is absolutely inoffensive. Would even dare say i get better silage and longevity in my clothes when they get incidentally sprayed.

Can confirm the fragrance does lean male but is 100% unisex. Perfect blind buy (if you're made out of money), and suitable for young and old males and females.

The reason why i think this is better than Millésime Imperial (even though i love that too) is because it's slightly more long lasting.

Cooling Mountain Air
So this was my second Creed fragrance of now (as of this moment) four Creed’s, including this, Royal Oud, Millésime Imperial, and Original Santal. The reason I bring this up though is because for the most part (potentially controversial opinion inbound?) I feel like this smells close to exactly how Millésime Imperial would smell if you just removed Imperial’s melon-y accord. I honestly don’t know if this is just me, or if it’s just the Creed fragrance DNA or what, but to me they both smell incredibly similar to each other. Silver Mountain Water is definitely the darker aquatic but that’s mainly because it’s lack of fruits for the most part. It honestly feels like they’re just flankers of one another. But just to break down this fragrance in particular, what Millésime has in fruits Silver Mountain Water has in tea and “ink”. There’s a dark moistness to this fragrance that evokes, what the fragrance is named after, mountain water. It takes me back to my trip to Seattle last summer when me and a cousin of mine hiked a trail near the base of Mount Baker, it was a foggy day and the humidity made it feel like a temperate rain forest. Eventually we came up to this river flowing down from the melt up on the mountain and wouldn’t ya know it, it was a very light greenish blue, almost silvery color, and this fragrance smells like coming upon that river on that foggy day. This is especially surprising considering that there aren’t any particularly aquatic notes listed in the note break down for this fragrance, and because of that I’d consider this a genre breaking scent of an aquatic nature. I recommend it but honestly you don’t need to take my word for it because everyone else and their mom also likes this scent. Still, try before you buy.
The Most Sophisticated Stench
That's how I would say it in English. It is a "stench", - a very, very expensive one, but it stings in the nose, the scent is much too smooth and sharp and pointed. It smells of chemicals, my biggest association is bug spray. I don't understand the hype. Scent 3/10.
For likeable people
The fragrance house Creed is mainly known for its high prices, crazy stories of which one does not know if they are true and of course Aventus. The Cashcow, which helped Creed to become very popular, especially in the past years. Whether the fragrances are worth their money is another issue and I - myself a fragrance lover - see this very subjectively. Because I too usually take out my wallet when I really like a fragrance, even if I always grind my teeth a little as a Baden-Württemberg resident. People say about us Swabians that we are proven Scotsmen. And a little bit that is true
But it wasn't Aventus that won my heart, it was this one. For me, the most beautiful Creed scent yet. Silver Mountain Water is an understated scent, but it's still a damn good memory. At least in mine. If my better half wore this one, I could follow it all day, nose to nose. The Silver Mountain Water has something that attracts me like magic.

The fragrance is fresh and rather cool at first and there is a subtle light sweetness that I find fruity. I attribute the freshness to the citric and maritime notes, which do not come across as typically aquatic. This is not my case at all. The fragrance is simply beautifully fresh without being pungent or synthetic at any stage. At the same time the fruity sweetness sets in. I don't know what blackcurrant buds smell like, but the fruit could also be processed in this fragrance, which I clearly perceive a slightly fruity accord before the fragrance drifts into an absolutely wonderful combination of wood and light musk notes. For my nose, Silver Mountain Water is clearly a fragrance for men, although ladies can certainly wear it. For me, however, this adorable fragrance belongs to men's skin.

As an eau de parfum, the fragrance is not exactly reserved. As I have often written, my husband is one of the frequent sprayers, which is not always an advantage with every fragrance. Especially with the brother scent Aventus, it quickly becomes too much for my nose. Aventus can smell very pungent when overdosed. SWM has a relatively strong sillage, but this scent doesn't get on your nerves even if you've got a few too many sprayers. The composition is so restrained in itself that it doesn't kill you.

For me, SWM does not belong on the mountain, but fits best in an office or at a business event. Unfortunately, such understated fragrances are not so often found in the business world. Instead, one encounters fragrances like Dior Sauvage or LV Orage much more often, which for my taste don't really fit in there. Also a nice business scent from Creed is Himalaya, but this one is much more spicy and masculine than SWM.

But what makes SWM so magical for my nose now? Laugh at me, but there is something honest about this scent. Men who smell like Silver Mountain Water are not proles. They don't want to stand out at any price, but stand by their understatement. SWM is a sympathetic scent to me. And even though they only have two common scents in the pyramid, bergamot and sandalwood (OK, musk is certainly one of them, as it is rarely found in all scent pyramids), I can find similarities to my beloved Cašran in SWM, and that's enough magic for me. Yes, this is one I would like to sniff more often. Sooner or later you will probably not be able to avoid a bottle for my husband. Let's grind our teeth.
Many thanks to Chizza for the rehearsal!
The mountain calls
I'm not a climber because I don't have a head for heights. Mountain hiking: I like it. Skiing: I like it very much. Cross-country skiing: well. But after Stallone's "Cliffhanger" I finally didn't feel like risking my life on those cairns anymore, because many climbers followed the siren call and paid with their lives. My uncle and his wife, passionate mountaineers, were probably the only relatives of mine who indulged in this passion, the rest of the family "preferred to look at the mountains from below".

Also I prefer to wrap myself in Creed's Silver Mountain Water, for me the most beautiful of Creed. However, no summery Alps with the scent of hay, hairdryer and rustling fir tops. No, it is winter! Snow-covered mountain peaks, avalanches thundering in the distance, icy cold cutting wind and I have small ice crystals in my eyebrows. This fragrance is deeply refreshed by the citrus fruits, the maritime notes prevent it from becoming lemony, but it is by no means reminiscent of the sea! This is really cold, sparkling mountain air. The blackcurrant gives the fragrance depth, so it is not just another refreshing scent among many.

With this scent, there's no high altitude fever, no bad weather front, no crash.

Wonderful alpenglow. The mountain calls. I'm ready

RonniweRonniwe 2 months ago
La compré este año, y la verdad que es fantástica. Es muy fresca y la verdad que muy bien de cumplidos.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
SMW opens fresh, citrusy and aquatic. Then some floral notes appear blended with green tea and sandalwood. Boring scent and poor performance
GreMuserGreMuser 8 months ago
Clean, fresh and green opening, then dries down more sweet with a beautiful tea note. Very original and versatile. Discrete and elegant.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
After a bright citric opening, this fresh fruity-green and slightly aquatic Spring fragrance settles to a clean woody base. Male-oriented.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Fresh mountain air on a spring morning, cold and metallic like the blade of a cleaver against your skin.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
5.5
Quite nice and fresh, but the bergamot and neroli quickly turns a bit soapy. Not a favourite among the Creeds.

Discussions about Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum)

DonVanVliet in Perfumes & Brands

by TheScenter
by TheScenter
by 6thScent
by 6thScent
You always have to have it, it was a shared opportunity for three
by Svezenkar
by Thecombad
by JulianNock
by JulianNock

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed