Silver Mountain Water (1995)Eau de Parfum

Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed

Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesMarine notes, Green tea, Blackcurrant bud
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.07.2020.

Inky but i love it
I honestly understand the strange ink opening that slaps you across the face just as hard as im slapping my own face trying to describe it. It's as if theres a jarring cacophony of tea notes against the other base notes sandal wood and musk. The ink is what draws me towards it and thats what makes it niche

Although this is a very dated fragrance there is almost nothing i've smelt that has come close to it. The strange inky opening is something that you cant find anything else and its very alluring. I may be biased as i loved this fragrance at first sniff. But let me just go a bit deeper as everyone describes it as an ink and nothing more. No its not like getting high off a sharpie (not that i've done that), nor a bull point pen, a fine liner or a white board marker. I'm a physio as i swear teaching patients, teaching courses and all, drawing anatomy and concepts for hours on a whiteboard gives me a headache with all the "ink" notes. But this is nothing close. The inky note in swm is just the perception of ink. Since distinguish the tea, blackcurrant and sandalwood/musk together, we just generalise it as "ink". But in fact its honestly just a more complex musk. Gradually what i get most after 1 hour wear you do get a unique refreshing musk.

Sillage and longevity on my skin is average. I'll get 4 - 6 hours wear and it projects about 1 arms length at most. Thats fine for me since i work in close environments and the ink note is "jarring" in its opening; the rest is absolutely inoffensive. Would even dare say i get better silage and longevity in my clothes when they get incidentally sprayed.

Can confirm the fragrance does lean male but is 100% unisex. Perfect blind buy (if you're made out of money), and suitable for young and old males and females.

The reason why i think this is better than Millésime Imperial (even though i love that too) is because it's slightly more long lasting.

Cooling Mountain Air
So this was my second Creed fragrance of now (as of this moment) four Creed’s, including this, Royal Oud, Millésime Imperial, and Original Santal. The reason I bring this up though is because for the most part (potentially controversial opinion inbound?) I feel like this smells close to exactly how Millésime Imperial would smell if you just removed Imperial’s melon-y accord. I honestly don’t know if this is just me, or if it’s just the Creed fragrance DNA or what, but to me they both smell incredibly similar to each other. Silver Mountain Water is definitely the darker aquatic but that’s mainly because it’s lack of fruits for the most part. It honestly feels like they’re just flankers of one another. But just to break down this fragrance in particular, what Millésime has in fruits Silver Mountain Water has in tea and “ink”. There’s a dark moistness to this fragrance that evokes, what the fragrance is named after, mountain water. It takes me back to my trip to Seattle last summer when me and a cousin of mine hiked a trail near the base of Mount Baker, it was a foggy day and the humidity made it feel like a temperate rain forest. Eventually we came up to this river flowing down from the melt up on the mountain and wouldn’t ya know it, it was a very light greenish blue, almost silvery color, and this fragrance smells like coming upon that river on that foggy day. This is especially surprising considering that there aren’t any particularly aquatic notes listed in the note break down for this fragrance, and because of that I’d consider this a genre breaking scent of an aquatic nature. I recommend it but honestly you don’t need to take my word for it because everyone else and their mom also likes this scent. Still, try before you buy.
The Most Sophisticated Stench
That's how I would say it in English. It is a "stench", - a very, very expensive one, but it stings in the nose, the scent is much too smooth and sharp and pointed. It smells of chemicals, my biggest association is bug spray. I don't understand the hype. Scent 3/10.
For likeable people
The fragrance house Creed is mainly known for its high prices, crazy stories of which one does not know if they are true and of course Aventus. The Cashcow, which helped Creed to become very popular, especially in the past years. Whether the fragrances are worth their money is another issue and I - myself a fragrance lover - see this very subjectively. Because I too usually take out my wallet when I really like a fragrance, even if I always grind my teeth a little as a Baden-Württemberg resident. People say about us Swabians that we are proven Scotsmen. And a little bit that is true
But it wasn't Aventus that won my heart, it was this one. For me, the most beautiful Creed scent yet. Silver Mountain Water is an understated scent, but it's still a damn good memory. At least in mine. If my better half wore this one, I could follow it all day, nose to nose. The Silver Mountain Water has something that attracts me like magic.

The fragrance is fresh and rather cool at first and there is a subtle light sweetness that I find fruity. I attribute the freshness to the citric and maritime notes, which do not come across as typically aquatic. This is not my case at all. The fragrance is simply beautifully fresh without being pungent or synthetic at any stage. At the same time the fruity sweetness sets in. I don't know what blackcurrant buds smell like, but the fruit could also be processed in this fragrance, which I clearly perceive a slightly fruity accord before the fragrance drifts into an absolutely wonderful combination of wood and light musk notes. For my nose, Silver Mountain Water is clearly a fragrance for men, although ladies can certainly wear it. For me, however, this adorable fragrance belongs to men's skin.

As an eau de parfum, the fragrance is not exactly reserved. As I have often written, my husband is one of the frequent sprayers, which is not always an advantage with every fragrance. Especially with the brother scent Aventus, it quickly becomes too much for my nose. Aventus can smell very pungent when overdosed. SWM has a relatively strong sillage, but this scent doesn't get on your nerves even if you've got a few too many sprayers. The composition is so restrained in itself that it doesn't kill you.

For me, SWM does not belong on the mountain, but fits best in an office or at a business event. Unfortunately, such understated fragrances are not so often found in the business world. Instead, one encounters fragrances like Dior Sauvage or LV Orage much more often, which for my taste don't really fit in there. Also a nice business scent from Creed is Himalaya, but this one is much more spicy and masculine than SWM.

But what makes SWM so magical for my nose now? Laugh at me, but there is something honest about this scent. Men who smell like Silver Mountain Water are not proles. They don't want to stand out at any price, but stand by their understatement. SWM is a sympathetic scent to me. And even though they only have two common scents in the pyramid, bergamot and sandalwood (OK, musk is certainly one of them, as it is rarely found in all scent pyramids), I can find similarities to my beloved Cašran in SWM, and that's enough magic for me. Yes, this is one I would like to sniff more often. Sooner or later you will probably not be able to avoid a bottle for my husband. Let's grind our teeth.
Many thanks to Chizza for the rehearsal!
The mountain calls
I'm not a climber because I don't have a head for heights. Mountain hiking: I like it. Skiing: I like it very much. Cross-country skiing: well. But after Stallone's "Cliffhanger" I finally didn't feel like risking my life on those cairns anymore, because many climbers followed the siren call and paid with their lives. My uncle and his wife, passionate mountaineers, were probably the only relatives of mine who indulged in this passion, the rest of the family "preferred to look at the mountains from below".

Also I prefer to wrap myself in Creed's Silver Mountain Water, for me the most beautiful of Creed. However, no summery Alps with the scent of hay, hairdryer and rustling fir tops. No, it is winter! Snow-covered mountain peaks, avalanches thundering in the distance, icy cold cutting wind and I have small ice crystals in my eyebrows. This fragrance is deeply refreshed by the citrus fruits, the maritime notes prevent it from becoming lemony, but it is by no means reminiscent of the sea! This is really cold, sparkling mountain air. The blackcurrant gives the fragrance depth, so it is not just another refreshing scent among many.

With this scent, there's no high altitude fever, no bad weather front, no crash.

Wonderful alpenglow. The mountain calls. I'm ready
Lennsen20
I liked him better snooping around the store.
Creed Aventus wasn't my idea of a good time. I was deterred by the overwhelming citric opening. Silver Mountain Water, on the other hand, I liked extremely well. Fresh! Especially fresh, fitting to a day in July at that time. Also a pleasant green (tea) note, somehow creamy, slightly flowery, not too sweet; high-quality. Just a niche scent. And really living up to its name.
I imagine a valley with wild flowers on an untouched high plateau in the foothills of the Alps. It is crossed by a few small, rippling streams. In the background white covered mountain tops. The air is cold and fresh, but the young sun in the morning gives me an idea that it will be pleasantly warm. Somehow like this. Slight association of a holiday to about this scenery, just sitting in the car :D
Unfortunately, the durability is not appropriate for the price and maybe I am just imagining it, but sometimes the perfume stinks like some flowers smell (Like rubber??, slightly resinous and musty).
I do not notice this effect on clothes and the Sillage is then outstanding. Maybe there is also something wrong with my skin. But I have already received compliments :D
Chizza
Freshness quickie from the graphite mine
Creed is a brand that polarizes. But for my perception, this is due to a single fragrance. Creed itself is therefore only a distinguished brand, which can show some traditional fragrances. I myself own two fragrances from Creed, one of them I appreciate very much. A third one is on my watch list for May, currently I need a bottling. So the fragrance has already been found to be good. Others I find merely as trivial to nice. These include Viking, Bois, Himalaya and, honestly, Silver Mountain Water. This is a pity because SMW stands in its own way, I really wanted to like it. And the beginning, like a cool breeze, is wonderful. Unfortunately it was. Let's stick to the parable of mountain water to paraphrase SMW.
At the beginning, the cool and citric-fresh mountain water rushes down into the valley, you can well imagine it, it really has an invigorating effect on the skin and is excellent for the summer. The water flows down, apparently currant bushes have been absorbed by the water and the berries have released their innermost parts. This gives the cool wetness a graphite impact, which harmonizes well with the neroli. This slight bitterness in the water makes you sit up and take notice and knows how to please. For the first half hour I was sure that this will be bottle number four from Creed in my collection.
Unfortunately I have changed this opinion or rather had to change it. Because SMW does not perform. What is not bad at first, I do not expect that from lighter fragrances. I don't find it important with fragrances for the warmer seasons. They have to refresh, revive and awaken a zest for action. SMW does all this. But the performance of one or two hours is not enough for a light fragrance. At this price above all else. For comparison: a Colonia Intensa from AdP also refreshes, does not have the same kick but refreshes for at least four hours for just under 100 euros of the 100 bottle. Creed should calmly call up such prices as the company does. The exquisite approach of the company is absolutely fine. But then it has to be more than 30 minutes of passable sillage and after that so close that it would need a trained search dog to detect SMW
BLurreD
At the Faber-Castell flagship store!
When I was in Frankfurt with my girlfriend before the Corona crisis, we literally sniffed around in the Faber-Castell store on the Zeil. For those who do not know: Faber-Castell is a stationery manufacturer, from pencils to crayons, etc. - which makes the stationery heart beat faster.
Of course it costs a lot more -> It is one of the premium brands.
Since I assume that everyone has been to a stationery store at some point, you know the smell of fresh wooden pencils, this smell of wood and pencil leads (graphite).

That's right, Silver Mountain Water reminded me of that in the heart note. But not the cheap pens that "linger" in the attic in old boxes after school, for example.
But for high-quality, handmade and exclusive pens - which are expensive. Just like this fragrance.
(Additional info: a pencil box with over 150 pencils was exhibited, in cooperation with Karl Lagerfeld. Luxury case for over 2500€ - luxury at its best)

I only had the association with a lurid mountain stream when I sprayed it on, the freshness and purity it contains.
Exactly this purism of pencil boxes, where each colour of the pencils is arranged exactly. In a row. Order. Cleanliness.
Not the dirty and painted and scratched pencil case, where the pens have a bleak existence.

For me, fragrance is again a realization that scents revive encounters, events and places.
In this case the trip to Frankfurt.

But it does not mean that you smell like a walking luxury pencil when you spray it on!
But luxuriously and nobly beautiful!

Nils2502
SMW the silver stream in the mountain
SMW reminds me of something in my youth.
The fragrance is supposed to represent a silver stream or river in the heart of the Alps.
The fragrance is very unique and unmistakable with an "Inky" note, which comes out a little in the background.
The fragrance unfolds its potential in dry-down where it is very fresh and aromatic.
It has a very invigorating effect and is best worn in spring or summer.

In my personal opinion the best Creed fragrance!
Noble and unique restraint
SMW is a unique fragrance. Very fresh, fruity but without being really Maritime or Mondän. No, he's more like the Alps.

Herbaceous, cool and clean and pleasant.

Perfect if you want to smell unique without flooding the room or attracting attention, which is why I like to use it in my work.

There is not much course, at the beginning it is still a little more extremely fruity than at the end, which comes along a little more woody.

The Sillage is reserved but still perceptible and the durability leaves something to be desired, but at least if you feel the Sillage is still acceptable the majority of the day with a through.

But despite his regaining and simple nature, no one will have the impression that you are wearing something cheap or generic. He's of high quality, Creed through and through. One of the scents that shows what the house has to offer, even though I'm really not a fanboy.

ItchynoseItchynose 8 months ago
Fresh mountain air on a spring morning, cold and metallic like the blade of a cleaver against your skin.
KingPinKingPin 17 months ago
5.5
Quite nice and fresh, but the bergamot and neroli quickly turns a bit soapy. Not a favourite among the Creeds.

Discussions about Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum)

DonVanVliet in Perfumes & Brands

by Wiesel132
by Wiesel132
by 6thScent
by 6thScent
You always have to have it, it was a shared opportunity for three
by Sani
by Thecombad
by JulianNock
by JulianNock

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed