Tabarome Millésime (2000)

Tabarome Millésime by Creed

Tabarome Millésime is a perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Sandalwood, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Tobacco, Tea

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.08.2018

7.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Old Time Sophistication
Now imagine Sherlock Holmes smoking his pipe by a open fire or Humphery Bogert in his dressing gown holding a conqac standing by a piano. This scent is a classic warm and very sensual fragrance that has that old time sophistication about it.

To me it smells like a sweet Jasmine type fragrance that has been darkened with tobacco and ginger to make it more masculine type scent. It also has a combination to my nose of sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver , subtly blended with lighter , fresh aroma of Green Tea mandarin and lemon all woven together in a bouquet of sweet/tobacco scent reminisce of the 1950's. Or to put it simply a sweet tobacco scent. Lol

Now I like this as it evokes the 1950's or what Sherlock Holmes would wear and it is nice but not a scent you would say wow or I have to have this. I like this as I appreciate classic scents and I like my Creed scents.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Dry and crisp tobacco
I've spent quite some time trying to track down this fragrance, well to be honest anything by Creed. Seeming that this fragrance hinted at all things tobacco (one of my favourite notes), I thought it might as well be the perfect Creed introduction.

Surprisingly Tabarome isn't as bold and masculine as I imagined it to be. The scent is quite soft and oddly refreshing. The tobacco note is certainly there, however it's not as strong as let's say, Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

I get a smooth, slightly dry blend of ginger, lemon, sandalwood, tea and tobacco. There's a hint of musky sweetness every now and then, which brings me to suggest this fragrance for both sexes, despite its rather masculine qualities.

Tabarome is quite sexy, in a ruggedly masculine, strictly business type fashion. The composition is balanced and very classic. Apparently Winston Churchill wore this, and I must agree that in some ways this fragrance would suit a much older man.

At times this fragrance has a rather bitter edge, most likely brought about by the ginger clashing with the vetiver. It's not unpleasant, but it's perhaps an acquired taste. Tabarome also has a very subtle hint of soapiness.

In regards to longevity, Tabarome is great, however there are moments when I'm slightly anosmic to this fragrance. The beauty of Tabarome comes and goes as it pleases.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Could Tobacco Be The Next Patchouli?
I am beginning to wonder whether I may have been a chain smoker in a past life, as I find myself delighted by every fragrance in which tobacco plays a central role, and especially in savory presentations. Part of my excitement may be due to the relative dearth of the tobacco note in women's perfume, and especially outside gourmand territory.

Creed TABAROME is a delectable tobacco composition with no sweetness, no ashiness, and no dirtiness. This is not the smell of cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. TABAROME is clean, wet, green, freshly harvested piles of tobacco leaves, beautifully framed by a few gentle aromatics. Fresh tea leaves are present as well, along with sandalwood, vetiver and musk, serving to anchor the composition and impart good longevity and medium sillage.

I do not believe that TABAROME is suited only for men, nor that this is an "old school", "landed gentry" frag. I find this sumptuous in the way in which so many patchouli perfumes are--the clean ones, not the dark, dirty ones.

Perhaps tobacco land owners should abandon their doomed projects to create new smokers and instead divert their energies, resources and time to the perfume industry. I honestly believe that now that patchouli has achieved market saturation, tobacco could be the new patchouli...

Highly recommended and highly coveted...

--------------

I acquired a bottle of this which may be a fake, as my estimation is much lower. Smells like aromachemicals. Batch issue or fake? That is the question...

Tabarome verführt die Sinne...
by TomLavender
by Epimedes
by Epimedes
by Nyze29
by Nyze29
ohne Worte
by TomLavender

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Original Santal by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Tabarome Millésime by Creed