Vanisia 1987

Vanisia by Creed
Vanisia is a popular perfume by Creed for women and was released in 1987. The scent is oriental-floral. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian roseBulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 25.01.2021.

Beautiful Amber Vanilla

The ingredients in this eau de parfum are very exclusive. You really smell this. The combination Amber and Vanilla is delicious. It is stylish and elegant and you can wear it to chic occasions. Sometimes I wear it at home to enjoy the smell myself. It is also a comfort scent. I have been looking for a spicy vanilla scent for a long time and came to Vanisia. Highly recommended and one of the most beautiful scents of Creed.

I got you babe...
Apparently Creed VANISIA is worn by Cher of Sonny & Cher fame, who graced American televisions way back in the 1970s. Poor old Sonny passed away some years ago, and now Cher is left behind to do, well, to do whatever it is that aging pop performers do. It seems that many of them just keep performing. So let's hear it for Cher: "I got you babe.... I got you babe..."

Obviously, my fondness for Creed VANISIA has nothing to do with Cher Bono, and it is even possible that knowing that she wears this perfume might have deterred me from trying it--as silly as that may sound. Fortunately, I encountered VANISIA before finding out that it was Cher's signature scent.

I first reviewed VANISIA back in the midst of my Creed sample blitz, in which I endeavored to find out for myself whether Creed was a great perfume house or just a bunch of bunk and hype. Through my testing, and later acquisition of a number of bottles, I have obviously been won over to the pro-Creed camp. Creed perfumes smell great, and anyone who does not recognize this fact has either been sniffing fakes (which abound) or perhaps has ingested a nasal-passage transmogrifying volume of either BEYOND PARADISE or INSOLENCE.

Believe me, I the skeptic to question all skeptics, would have loved to join the ranks of the naysayers. But the facts are there, before my nose: Creed perfumes, on the whole, smell a hell of a lot better than designer perfumes and also than many of the newfangled niche "stuff" being produced today.

VANISIA is no exception to this rule. It's a strange composition, I'll grant you that. What exactly is it? The name makes it sound as though it's going to be a vanilla-centric fragrance--which it's not. What about the 'isia'? What is that supposed to mean or suggest? Iris? Well, there's none here. There is a nice dose of ambergris, so maybe that's the meaning of the 'is'. In any case, it doesn't matter. VANISIA is not sweet, not very flowery, and not very spicy. It offers a gorgeous layer of ambergris and sandalwood tinged with a modicum of rose and embellished with a touch of unsweetened vanilla.

Vanilla perfumes of every permutation abound. I know of no other perfume which smells anything like VANISIA, and every time I wear it I reconfirm my belief in the quality of Creed perfumes. This creation is subtle but seductive and substantial, as contradictory as all of that may seem. The longevity verges on pure perfume strength, and as VANISIA heats up on the skin, it just smells better and better...

"I got you babe!"

by Sherapop
by Mcgeitner
by Mcgeitner

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed