Verveine Narcisse by Creed

Verveine Narcisse

StellaDiverF
30.10.2019 - 10:27 AM

Musky Creamy Tobacco

Creed Verveine Narcisse has a fairly linear development on me, with incremental changes during its 10-hour wear as it hovers closely above my skin.

It opens with a relatively dry herbal note, with few dewy drops on the grass and barely any citrus nuance. The narcissus arrives fairly quickly to mingle with the herbal note, with its slightly astringent and bitter tobacco aspect accompanied by a subtle vanilla-like creamy undertone. Verveine Narcisse then remains this softly mossy, creamy tobacco skin scent until the end, turning more amorphous and with a more prominent sweet vegetal musky undertone.

Overall, I find Verveine Narcissus a pretty solid unisex musky tobacco perfume. Its fairly low-key performance makes it a perfect everyday perfume with elegance, but on the flip side, it’s not very exciting, especially if you already have your everyday tobacco perfume covered. I think fans of Ormonde Jayne Montabaco who seek a slightly more opaque and creamy version might have fun sampling Verveine Narcisse, but otherwise I don’t think one would miss much without sampling it, especially considering its limited availability.

Latest Reviews

StellaDiverFStellaDiverF 3 years ago
Community - The Zoo

Community Cucumber Facial Wash and Cut Grass
Wearing Community is an unexpectedly nostalgic experience for me, because its first 3 hours smells very reminiscent of a cucumber facial wash cream that I used during my teenage years. It's probably the kind of dewy, aqueous, almost...

StellaDiverFStellaDiverF 3 years ago
Louis - The Zoo

Louis Sports Cologne with a Gentle Cumin Touch
The opening of Louis on me, is quite reminiscent of a lot of commercial men's sports cologne, the kind of assertively fresh aquatic and vaguely metallic citrus-y note not unlike that of dihydromyrcenol. I'm not much of a fan of this...