Viking 2017

Viking by Creed
Viking is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Green Irish Tweed

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, La Réunion pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPepper, Bulgarian rose, Peppermint
Base Notes Base NotesIndian sandalwood, Haitian vetiver, Indian patchouli, Provençal lavender absolute

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.10.2020.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago

„The timid viking warrior”

Why this name? It's not unisex; it's for men but it's not manly; Performance is "so so". It looks to me like a big amount of money for the buck. Yes, it's...
DrakecitoDrakecito 14 months ago

„A bad joke.”

My review is about a 100ml bottle, batch S9618B01 Honestly, I am somewhat perplexed ... I think we are facing one of the biggest teasing of modern perfumery. Once again,...

Smunitz
One of the better Creeds, classy and gentlemanly!
Viking has been eclipsed by Aventus somewhat, true! Creeds cost exorbitant amount of money, true too! Now that we got that off our chest, let's see what the fragrance really is!!! :)
I believe this is actually one of the better Creeds, certainly in the same league with Aventus and Green Irish Tweed. It is very original (specifically the use of combined mint and rose in men's fragrance is daring), well made and has great performance (not all Creeds do). It smells expensive (for this money it'd better!!), very versatile (can use all four seasons, except for really hot summer days unless indoors or in office) and in general not offensive to anybody. Could easily be used as signature scent. Has modern touch to it (it is not your Bois du Portugal, which I also love, by the way) but at the same time has traditional cologne base (vetiver, patchouli, lavendin, citruses). The use of rose in this one reminds me of Royal Mayfair a little, deep and masculine, so I can see this as a modern take on men's rose based scent. It might not garner you as many compliments as Aventus (true too) but if you ask people what they prefer, you'll be surprised that close amount will find Viking almost as nice as Aventus.
Solid fragrance release from Creed, definitely test it. As with many Creeds, it will take several wearings to truly appreciate it and will grow on you!

PS Love the opening here: mint, deep rose and pink pepper, gorgeous!!! The dry-down is the trickiest part: the note of Lavandin Absolute was used and while this is a variation of lavender, it's different and together with woods and remaining peppers creates an impression of Old Spice scent. It develops differently on skin, so try on yours to decide.
Heldenvater
The first great love - and it still burns
To buy a perfume for more than 50 Euro seemed to me for a long time absolutely unthinkable - what more can it do than smell good, and that's what the cheaper ones do after all...
And this is how I kept it for a long time: when my Pacco Rabbane Ultraviolet or my Burberry Brit were empty, they were bought again.

Then two old acquaintances, coincidence and boredom, wanted me to go to YouTube and meet the much-appreciated Jeremy and I watched one or the other video - many more channels followed.
You can think what you like about Mr. Fragrance, but he opened the door to a world that was completely unknown to me until then...

But it got really bad when I discovered Parfumo and the Souk for me :)

Order after order - from common and well-known to twisted and expensive...

And then, sometime in spring and dozens of tests later, the time had come: the first sprayer from Creed's Viking - what a revelation that was!
Spicy, fresh, deep and soft - I have never smelled anything like it.
This and no other should be my first expensive fragrance.

And all of a sudden, 180 euros no longer seemed so much to me, but absolutely justified!

What Viking has shown me is something I was not aware of before:
May arouse feelings in me, they influence me and the way I perform - they make me happy!

I am wearing it again right now - and every breath gives me a pleasant, pleasant and happy feeling of security and at the same time I feel full of energy and ready to face challenges.

Creed Viking was the beginning of a great passion - and for that he will always be grateful!

You never forget your first great love!
Bene93
Absolutely undervalued and that is a good thing!
So you don't judge this spicy-fresh masculine or in short - horny - scent at every corner and smell "special" with it.
He is not an absolute all-rounder for me, as I find him too special for everyday situations, such as daily to work.
However, if a special meeting is coming up or you want to be in a different life situation (celebrations, dates, etc.)
Setting accents and standing out from the crowd is Viking for me the first choice.
I have received many compliments and only positive feedback.
Please dose sparingly, as it has an extremely strong sillage, especially in the beginning.
In principle, it can be worn all year round. Because of its spicy and fiery warmth I prefer to wear it on fresher days.
I find the name absolutely appropriate. With it, man smells like a "real man" - that was mostly the feedback I got when I played Viking.
But please continue to buy the much better Aventus to smell like every third person, and Viking will remain "special" ;-)
Viking Roses
Creed Viking has inspired me already at the first test and he still does this today.
The fragrance is beautifully spicy and fresh at the same time, surrounded by sweet sandalwood. A real all-rounder and a fragrance that you don't smell at every corner when you walk through the city, like a Sauvage or Aventus.
Viking lets you wear this in every session. In my opinion it shows to best advantage in autumn.
I find the durability and silage to be above average for me.
If you want something different from the countless "blue" fragrances, you should definitely try the Viking. Here it is possible to create a masculine overall experience in combination with the other fragrances. But the rose note does not stand out here. It is a round composition from which I perceive mainly pink pepper, peppermint, rose and sandalwood.
Very versatile!
While Aventus couldn't really convince me, Viking impressed me from the very first moment.

The essential components for me here are pepper, rose and sandalwood surrounded by the freshness of peppermint. Above all I am fascinated by the versatility of the fragrance. At the same time classic and modern, elegant and somehow unpolished, a light freshness next to an exciting and not boring complexity. For me, it is therefore suitable for every season and both in everyday life and for special occasions.

At the beginning, like many others, I was irritated by the exciting name Viking, but at first I could not understand the association. In the meantime, however, it is precisely the versatility described above that comes into play here. One should imagine the Vikings not only as merciless warriors and plunderers, but also as sailors, explorers and traders, who not only went to Iceland, Greenland and America, but also across the Mediterranean to the north of Africa and the Middle East. So the whole thing makes sense to me somewhere.

Unfortunately there is a deduction for durability and projection. Does not last very long and does not project so strongly
Business (Vi)king
I had bought Viking blindly at a time when I had a strong affinity for rose scents (don't ask me why).

A short presentation: I am a fan of the Creed flacons. For me, they radiate a certain elegance and sublimity, matching the fragrances inside.

With the first sprayer I felt transported back to my early youth. It reminded me somehow strongly of my great-grandfather's aftershave, of which he always used plenty I can't remember if it was actually a rose scent, but the feeling was at least the same. Without further thinking about it, I directly associated this scent with an older man and didn't see it in my home immediately After I smelled this scent a few times, my mindset changed.
For me (as briefly mentioned above) the fragrance radiates a certain elegance and sublimity. Too fancy clothes, in the evening outside my fav. Italian, optimally. It does not smell at all everyday or boring for me. Apart from the aftershave of my great-grandfather, I have never smelled anything comparable with it.

Even though I was just talking about its wearability in the evening, I think that this fragrance feels especially good at work. I don't wear it every day in the office, but whenever I have a business appointment. In my job I have to negotiate prices regularly. I'm a relatively young guy and the people I negotiate with are often twice my age, sometimes even older. This fragrance radiates a certain maturity and seriousness, exactly what I need in these moments. Of course this is only a subjective feeling, but that is also self-confidence and this fragrance pushes mine and that has a positive effect in these situations.

Conclusion: Very nice fragrance that can be worn with chic clothing for men over 25, in spring and summer, for almost any occasion. The price is of course salted, but nevertheless I have never regretted the purchase!

The versatile Viking - love on the 5th sniffer
Comment no. 2 on my part, the second after a long journey of searching for scents. Constantly motivated to put together a top ten fragrances that I can use with pride and love...

First of all: I don't want to have a huge collection anymore, because I have noticed for me that it is rather an indecisiveness with me. I looked at my 55 fragrances that I had in my collection at that time and thought to myself: Hm, cool to have such a nice selection. However, after wearing these 55 several times I find only 35 of them quite okay, 10 quite good and 10 fantastic plus minus. So for what 45 fragrances do you have in your assortment that I don't really need? Many fragrances had to go, if they couldn't make me happy then maybe someone else? And winning a little bit of money back is also a positive side effect for me, although it is clear that I made quite a minus :-) That's the way it is in life, sometimes you lose and sometimes you win. Both should definitely be a lesson..

To the Viking: This Creed here really belongs to my current Top Ten fragrances (May 2020)

10 Creed fragrances were approximately in my collection, about Aventus - GIT - Millesime Imperial - Himalaya - Silver Mountain Water etc. So I was really a little Creed fanboy so to speak. Unfortunately, no long-term joyful use could be made of all these fragrances, except for Aventus and the Viking... Unfortunately, I said to myself that the scent DNA was cloudy and that after I bought the cheaper clone version "Club de Nuit Intense" from Armaf and used it a few times, in retrospect it was a total bad buy for me this Armaf. Unfortunately I didn't like the beloved Aventus anymore even if it sounds funny and that's why the gold medal in the Creed house goes from me to Creed Viking :-)

The first four times I tested the good Viking it was a steady improvement of the scent warning. If you test a lot of scents in a short period of time, you can't deny that you can't smell the natural scent DNA properly, even when using coffee beans. So you should be really careful not to test too many at once, not apply too many scents to the skin and always test inside and outside in my opinion and wait for the dry-down. Prejudices should also be approached with caution, in my opinion.

In my opinion the scent DNA of the Viking is very similar to "Terre d'Hermes" and I only noticed that after wearing it several times. Also like with the Hermes it was only love on the 5th or 6th sniffer and also like with the Hermes I liked the scent at the beginning but not at all! The more beautiful that he could still convince me... Even if I don't love the Hermes anymore, I love the Viking even more! For me it is wider, rounder, the noble rose nuances in the background mixed with the minty prelude and the woody - fresh progression I really find extremely pleasant and special. It is retro old school and modern trend-setting in one. Very masculine, despite the light rose. On the whole very versatile - sometimes I smell more mint, sometimes more wood, sometimes more citrus fruits, sometimes a touch of lavender... Good for all seasons, except during the high summer days. Highly recommended for spring and mild summer nights. Once again to write down : I love the complexity of this fragrance !
What I don't like about it is the fact that the durability must be really better at this price performance. It's the reason why the Viking only ranks 10th on my top ten fragrances. What I can recommend at this point is to layer it with Molecule 01, this combination makes it last much longer, from 3-4 hours on loose 6-7 hours at least on my skin.

Conclusion:
Clear recommendation to buy if you want to have a special fragrance and you are not financially limited. But if I do not have much money left I would do without. I would definitely buy other fragrances for this price first. Nevertheless I am glad that I have it and I am proud to wear it
Vikings with endurance problems
We have two premieres today. My first comment on a perfume and also my first fragrance sample from SOUK. So please be a bit lenient with me ;)

Initial situation:
I must confess, I'm a notorious blind shopper. When I have seen enough reviews and positive reviews of a fragrance, I am usually tempted to order it untested. And over the years I've become quite good at deciding which scent I like Over time I have heard about Creed Viking here, on Youtube or other SocialMedia channels again and again...
"the new Aventus",
"the next revolution"
and he should smell "like a Viking who just swam through the freezing cold sea"...
to make a long story short, I was hooked However, the high price kept me from my blind buy routine. Therefore I bought (for the first time) a bottling from a nice member. It arrived quickly and I will report about my impressions now.

Scent:
Maybe it's my nose, but I can't see the complete head notes listed here. Not even with much imagination!
For me the fragrance opens immediately with lavender and mint. The pepper holds back a little, but is noticeably there. I find this lavender-mint mixture very pleasant and my fellow men also agree with me. Overall the opening is very fresh and reminds me very much of a lavender shower gel what I have...
The mint harmonizes very well with the lavender and gives the whole thing something very strikingly masculine as I find.

In the base wood shines in the fragrance!
Sandalwood and vetiver are very good to spot, I think. The lavender note in the base is present, but not too present. It stays well in the background. Here too, I find the fragrance very masculine and pleasant.

I think "Viking" is a very good name for the fragrance. It is fresh, a bit spicy/herbaceous due to the lavender and the vetiver emphasizes the masculinity. And because of the vetiver in the drydown, it also remains very masculine.

But now to the problem:

Performance:
The scent hardly lasts for 5 hours until I can hardly perceive it with my nose on my skin!
After spraying it takes about one hour until the drydown begins. During this time it is also well perceptible for the environment. From then on it becomes weaker and weaker until it is completely gone after a maximum of 6 hours.
That was my problem with Aventus, too. The durability is just too bad for the price that is called.
It seems that the Viking ran out of breath very quickly after his bath in the sea...
That is unfortunately very sad, because all in all I find the scent very good! I hope that Creed will bring out an Intense version or reformulation, because that's the way it will stay for me with the bottling.

Alternative:
I have a good alternative for all those who might come to a similar conclusion as I did, or who are basically looking for a super summer scent!
Guerlain Homme EdP also has a mint top note. But paired with lime and rum. Like a mojito! But you never smell the rum too strongly. It is rather fruity and fresh.
This fragrance also ends in vetiver, but here with cedar and patchouli. This also smells very masculine and fits well into the summer.
The durability is even a little better than the Creed... the 7-8 hours are already possible.
You can get it for about 30€ / 50ml. sometimes even cheaper.
To someone, on the search for an alternative, I would recommend it without reservation.
Not convincing
Had thought about buying this fragrance, because I liked Creed Aventus from the scent very much. Because of the price I did not dare to buy blind. The scent has nothing special in my opinion. When spraying it on or in the course of the day it did not cause a WOW-effect. Also the durability was in my opinion rather disappointing (similar to Aventus). All in all a NO from my side for such a perfume in this price range
Haskell
Exceptional Creed (towards the platform)
You can tell: After the hype of Aventus, dear Creed wants to create something new, something groundbreaking, something that no one has ever achieved before.

A scent that turns out to be Viking. A scent that scours the vastness of the seas and puts everything in the shade with its temprament.

Unfortunately, the Viking did not become one. Because the red "newborn", will always go down under the hype of the brother.

But this much is certain, whoever loved Aventus in the past is in good hands with Viking. It is finally something different, something new, but still very familiar. There are slight tendencies towards Aventus, but the brother is always different.

You don't smell that scent in every shisha bar. You'll find it in the theater. It is not (yet) a jogging suit scent, but a causal suit scent.

What unfortunately frightens you with the Aventus is not worth mentioning with the VIKING.

Thanks, Creed, for bringing us a replacement.
But why are you selling the company? :S

Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
KingPinKingPin 17 months ago
2.5
Ewww, it smells like those blocks you have in urinals. Sharp and synthetic. Bad Creed, bad.
ItchynoseItchynose 20 months ago
A spicier, deeper and more bitter version of Old Spice. Creamy barbershop vibe but not remarkable within the genre.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Too aromatic for me. Still a nice scent and classy for a more mature guy. Too pricey for what you will get from this perfume
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Fresh citrusy fragrance, with classic, but also modern nuances. No reinvention, but well done: has naturally cool-mild appearance.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
So, Vikings have gone from being axe-wielding manly men to metrosexuals doused in Dior Sauvage. Leif Ericsson must be crying into his mead.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 3 years ago
Beautiful fire-n-ice unisex scent: sweet, cold, uplifting, spicy, calming, warm, soothing. Lovely bottle. First thing I've liked from Creed.

creed viking - skål! :)
by Drakecito
by JulianNock
by JulianNock

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed