Viking (2017)

Viking by Creed

Viking is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, La Réunion pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPepper, Bulgarian rose, Peppermint
Base Notes Base NotesIndian sandalwood, Haitian vetiver, Indian patchouli, Provençal lavender absolute

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.06.2020.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago

„The timid viking warrior”

Why this name? It's not unisex; it's for men but it's not manly; Performance is "so so". It looks to me like a big amount of money for the buck. Yes, it's...
DrakecitoDrakecito 10 months ago

„A bad joke.”

My review is about a 100ml bottle, batch S9618B01 Honestly, I am somewhat perplexed ... I think we are facing one of the biggest teasing of modern perfumery. Once again,...
The versatile Viking - love on the 5th sniffer
Comment no. 2 on my part, the second after a long journey of searching for scents. Constantly motivated to put together a top ten fragrances that I can use with pride and love...

First of all: I don't want to have a huge collection anymore, because I have noticed for me that it is rather an indecisiveness with me. I looked at my 55 fragrances that I had in my collection at that time and thought to myself: Hm, cool to have such a nice selection. However, after wearing these 55 several times I find only 35 of them quite okay, 10 quite good and 10 fantastic plus minus. So for what 45 fragrances do you have in your assortment that I don't really need? Many fragrances had to go, if they couldn't make me happy then maybe someone else? And winning a little bit of money back is also a positive side effect for me, although it is clear that I made quite a minus :-) That's the way it is in life, sometimes you lose and sometimes you win. Both should definitely be a lesson..

To the Viking: This Creed here really belongs to my current Top Ten fragrances (May 2020)

10 Creed fragrances were approximately in my collection, about Aventus - GIT - Millesime Imperial - Himalaya - Silver Mountain Water etc. So I was really a little Creed fanboy so to speak. Unfortunately, no long-term joyful use could be made of all these fragrances, except for Aventus and the Viking... Unfortunately, I said to myself that the scent DNA was cloudy and that after I bought the cheaper clone version "Club de Nuit Intense" from Armaf and used it a few times, in retrospect it was a total bad buy for me this Armaf. Unfortunately I didn't like the beloved Aventus anymore even if it sounds funny and that's why the gold medal in the Creed house goes from me to Creed Viking :-)

The first four times I tested the good Viking it was a steady improvement of the scent warning. If you test a lot of scents in a short period of time, you can't deny that you can't smell the natural scent DNA properly, even when using coffee beans. So you should be really careful not to test too many at once, not apply too many scents to the skin and always test inside and outside in my opinion and wait for the dry-down. Prejudices should also be approached with caution, in my opinion.

In my opinion the scent DNA of the Viking is very similar to "Terre d'Hermes" and I only noticed that after wearing it several times. Also like with the Hermes it was only love on the 5th or 6th sniffer and also like with the Hermes I liked the scent at the beginning but not at all! The more beautiful that he could still convince me... Even if I don't love the Hermes anymore, I love the Viking even more! For me it is wider, rounder, the noble rose nuances in the background mixed with the minty prelude and the woody - fresh progression I really find extremely pleasant and special. It is retro old school and modern trend-setting in one. Very masculine, despite the light rose. On the whole very versatile - sometimes I smell more mint, sometimes more wood, sometimes more citrus fruits, sometimes a touch of lavender... Good for all seasons, except during the high summer days. Highly recommended for spring and mild summer nights. Once again to write down : I love the complexity of this fragrance !
What I don't like about it is the fact that the durability must be really better at this price performance. It's the reason why the Viking only ranks 10th on my top ten fragrances. What I can recommend at this point is to layer it with Molecule 01, this combination makes it last much longer, from 3-4 hours on loose 6-7 hours at least on my skin.

Conclusion:
Clear recommendation to buy if you want to have a special fragrance and you are not financially limited. But if I do not have much money left I would do without. I would definitely buy other fragrances for this price first. Nevertheless I am glad that I have it and I am proud to wear it
Vikings with endurance problems
We have two premieres today. My first comment on a perfume and also my first fragrance sample from SOUK. So please be a bit lenient with me ;)

Initial situation:
I must confess, I'm a notorious blind shopper. When I have seen enough reviews and positive reviews of a fragrance, I am usually tempted to order it untested. And over the years I've become quite good at deciding which scent I like Over time I have heard about Creed Viking here, on Youtube or other SocialMedia channels again and again...
"the new Aventus",
"the next revolution"
and he should smell "like a Viking who just swam through the freezing cold sea"...
to make a long story short, I was hooked However, the high price kept me from my blind buy routine. Therefore I bought (for the first time) a bottling from a nice member. It arrived quickly and I will report about my impressions now.

Scent:
Maybe it's my nose, but I can't see the complete head notes listed here. Not even with much imagination!
For me the fragrance opens immediately with lavender and mint. The pepper holds back a little, but is noticeably there. I find this lavender-mint mixture very pleasant and my fellow men also agree with me. Overall the opening is very fresh and reminds me very much of a lavender shower gel what I have...
The mint harmonizes very well with the lavender and gives the whole thing something very strikingly masculine as I find.

In the base wood shines in the fragrance!
Sandalwood and vetiver are very good to spot, I think. The lavender note in the base is present, but not too present. It stays well in the background. Here too, I find the fragrance very masculine and pleasant.

I think "Viking" is a very good name for the fragrance. It is fresh, a bit spicy/herbaceous due to the lavender and the vetiver emphasizes the masculinity. And because of the vetiver in the drydown, it also remains very masculine.

But now to the problem:

Performance:
The scent hardly lasts for 5 hours until I can hardly perceive it with my nose on my skin!
After spraying it takes about one hour until the drydown begins. During this time it is also well perceptible for the environment. From then on it becomes weaker and weaker until it is completely gone after a maximum of 6 hours.
That was my problem with Aventus, too. The durability is just too bad for the price that is called.
It seems that the Viking ran out of breath very quickly after his bath in the sea...
That is unfortunately very sad, because all in all I find the scent very good! I hope that Creed will bring out an Intense version or reformulation, because that's the way it will stay for me with the bottling.

Alternative:
I have a good alternative for all those who might come to a similar conclusion as I did, or who are basically looking for a super summer scent!
Guerlain Homme EdP also has a mint top note. But paired with lime and rum. Like a mojito! But you never smell the rum too strongly. It is rather fruity and fresh.
This fragrance also ends in vetiver, but here with cedar and patchouli. This also smells very masculine and fits well into the summer.
The durability is even a little better than the Creed... the 7-8 hours are already possible.
You can get it for about 30€ / 50ml. sometimes even cheaper.
To someone, on the search for an alternative, I would recommend it without reservation.
Not convincing
Had thought about buying this fragrance, because I liked Creed Aventus from the scent very much. Because of the price I did not dare to buy blind. The scent has nothing special in my opinion. When spraying it on or in the course of the day it did not cause a WOW-effect. Also the durability was in my opinion rather disappointing (similar to Aventus). All in all a NO from my side for such a perfume in this price range
Haskell
Exceptional Creed (towards the platform)
You can tell: After the hype of Aventus, dear Creed wants to create something new, something groundbreaking, something that no one has ever achieved before.

A scent that turns out to be Viking. A scent that scours the vastness of the seas and puts everything in the shade with its temprament.

Unfortunately, the Viking did not become one. Because the red "newborn", will always go down under the hype of the brother.

But this much is certain, whoever loved Aventus in the past is in good hands with Viking. It is finally something different, something new, but still very familiar. There are slight tendencies towards Aventus, but the brother is always different.

You don't smell that scent in every shisha bar. You'll find it in the theater. It is not (yet) a jogging suit scent, but a causal suit scent.

What unfortunately frightens you with the Aventus is not worth mentioning with the VIKING.

Thanks, Creed, for bringing us a replacement.
But why are you selling the company? :S

JohnVapiano
No old-fashioned perfume, but a youthful, energetic scent
I can understand the association of Viking with oldschool scents, because I had them myself for a long time.
When I smelled a sample for the first time, I remembered cheap aftershave or perfume that I smelled as a child in the 00s - not a desirable association for me.
So the sample remained in the cupboard for five months. Viking was written off for me
But it came as it often happens, when you deal with a fragrance for a longer time - my impression has been
completely turned to the positive.
I perceive the prelude, which was perceived as old-fashioned a few months ago, as energetic and modern. It smells like soda or cola - maybe this association comes from the combination of lemon, pepper, or other spices that are also contained in cola.
This sensation lasts until the end. Of course Viking doesn't smell like cola, but I can't describe it as old-fashioned and boring for the best of my knowledge.
I can still admit that there is a vibe to oldschool scents, but in my opinion Viking can be worn by anyone. It is a classic Creed all-rounder - wearable in all seasons except the hottest summer days.

To me, Viking is a misunderstood perfume. Aventus is mainly to blame - the footsteps
were just too big.
Another problem is the marketing in question. The qualities that Creed attributes to the Vikings as bold explorers do not overlap with the popular image of the Vikings as primitive barbarians, as we know them from series and films. Viking is not brutal. Masculine yes, self-confident too, but not in the way I would attribute the destructive Hollywood Vikings.
But I can imagine that snobs and rich businessmen (the most affluent clientele of male Creed fragrances) are fully into this "warrior and explorer" marketing.

Nevertheless, Viking is further proof for me that dealing with fragrances always takes time. Meanwhile I never forget a sample, no matter how boring or bad I find it the first time. Every fragrance gets a second, third, fourth chance
Less pleasing is the price.
Prices are one thing - some are willing to pay them, others are not (and can still switch to bottling). Including the price in judging a niche fragrance is difficult - it is a luxury product. However, I would like to say that I would prefer 230 for 100ml, as I do for MI, SMW and GIT

Sauvage poor sibling. Hipocrisy level +&
A sultry, agressive headache inducing and cheap ambroxan, Sauvage-like reminisence poor (but rich wannabe) brother. A stinky aftershave in a bad nowadays meaning of the aftershaves (the old ones are masterpieces), a joke considering the fuss around and the price!
Keep donate for this mockery.
Parzival852
A different kind of pastime
Comments on Creed

Viking

Driving, highway, monotonous, straight ahead. Traffic is increasing. Boredom is accompanied by a little impatience. Then the inevitable: congestion. Stop and go. Slowness. Annoyance. - My companion asks if I want a piece of gum. "Mint and cherry?" What's this? She takes one out and puts it in her mouth. A fresh mint smell with fruity notes spreads through the car. I want one too. "Please."
Suddenly everything isn't so bad. The tension disappears. I close my eyes and listen to the rose that purrs around me. It tells stories of faraway lands, while the mint is stirring my attention.
My companion laughs at the driver in the car next to her, who passes the time dancing. I agree, wide awake, psyched. We laugh, chat, hardly noticed that we have been driving again for a long time now.

An extraordinary fragrance that can pass the time.
The nose couldn't help
Get the Viking under your nose for the first time today - directly on your skin. In the beginning of course an 'oha', very intense after mint / lemon - too intense.
Only after half an hour this, for me feminine, rose scent became noticeable Vikings and roses - somehow it does not fit for me!
Nevertheless I had to constantly move my wrist towards the olfactory organ, like a magnet.
Very unique and interesting, a dream for the right man - unfortunately not for me.
Actually, I don't like him
I am a great friend of the Red Warrior. My first sniff was not a great success for the good guy. I just found the top note too complicated. I hadn't given the further course any chance at all during the test spraying at that time. Check. And the price is too outrageous anyway.

Then in the spring I got a sample as an addition to a purchase in the souk (unfortunately I can't identify the perfume anymore) and it happened that I gave Viking a more patient second chance. God. Be. Thanks.
If Viking's description of the fragrance does not correspond at all to my preferences in some parts (Rose: Würg! Pfeffer: Autsch!), then this Creed composition is constructed in such a way that it flatters my nostrils. Admittedly, the top note is still not quite my case, but the fragrance is developing incredibly well. I am a self-confessed Freshie, Viking carries also the Parfumo label "spicy-fresh", I feel it however as spicy-woody. Which I usually don't like either. But Viking knows how to create a scent picture with its individual components that after a few minutes becomes so great, spicy, slightly sweet, then woody and slightly lavendery that I couldn't imagine how much I would like it. And the best thing about me is the durability. My skin eats up many scents, so I don't have them on for too long. But Viking stays with me from morning till late. Just a real warrior.

Viking doesn't get off too well with Parfumo (76% for a fragrance are not very intoxicating according to Parfumo rules). I'm usually sorry about scents that I personally give a higher ranking to. Not like Viking. I think it's fantastic that the fragrance, in combination with its price (which is now higher than Aventus), is not very popular. And I hope that this will remain so for a long time to come. This ensures that I don't run into anyone who smells the same way :-)

So, please don't advertise the fragrance if you also have it and like it.... :-)

And yes, I am known to be an easy marketing victim. If Viking would be around KiK for 7.99 as a baked good, he'd be terrible of course
Thanks for reading.
ElDiabloBZ
Very loud start, quiet, pleasant finish
Today I had the opportunity to try the fragrance ... I already had the scent strip in my hand, which was talked out of my mouth with the words, "this must be on the skin" ...

2 sprayers on the wrist, a moment later under the nose ... BÄÄÄÄÄMMMM ... I knew this pungent, rather unpleasant scent from somewhere ... This opening for a Creed ... wow ... I had already ticked off the scent for myself, you could also see that, I was put off with the words, "let 10 minutes work and only then smell again" ... OK

After 10 minutes and a few samples on test strips later, return the wrist under the nose ... Where's the BÄÄÄÄÄÄMMM? Here came "only" a WOW ... the really loud start, tilted into a gentle, but present fragrance, which makes curious ... subtle sweetness, striking pepper, somehow cinnamon ... Peppermint I recognize zero. A light heaviness (pun :D ), which flows very pleasantly into the nose ... it reminds me of these little red boxes, Vietnamese balsam, which one rubs under one's nose during a cold in order to be able to breathe freely again ... it is not unpleasant, on the contrary, it smells familiar, better than familiar, much better ... for me a scent for colder seasons, it radiates warmth, something for cosy togetherness ... by the fireplace?

This fragrance should definitely be on the bill thumbs up!!!

Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
KingPinKingPin 14 months ago
2.5
Ewww, it smells like those blocks you have in urinals. Sharp and synthetic. Bad Creed, bad.
ItchynoseItchynose 16 months ago
A spicier, deeper and more bitter version of Old Spice. Creamy barbershop vibe but not remarkable within the genre.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
Too aromatic for me. Still a nice scent and classy for a more mature guy. Too pricey for what you will get from this perfume
HermeshHermesh 2 years ago
Fresh citrusy fragrance, with classic, but also modern nuances. No reinvention, but well done: has naturally cool-mild appearance.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 2 years ago
So, Vikings have gone from being axe-wielding manly men to metrosexuals doused in Dior Sauvage. Leif Ericsson must be crying into his mead.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 3 years ago
Beautiful fire-n-ice unisex scent: sweet, cold, uplifting, spicy, calming, warm, soothing. Lovely bottle. First thing I've liked from Creed.

creed viking - skål! :)
by Raph
by JulianNock
by JulianNock

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed