Viking 2017

Viking by Creed
Viking is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Green Irish Tweed

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, La Réunion pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPepper, Bulgarian rose, Peppermint
Base Notes Base NotesIndian sandalwood, Haitian vetiver, Indian patchouli, Provençal lavender absolute

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.01.2021.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago

„The timid viking warrior”

Why this name? It's not unisex; it's for men but it's not manly; Performance is "so so". It looks to me like a big amount of money for the buck. Yes, it's...
DrakecitoDrakecito 1 year ago

„A bad joke.”

My review is about a 100ml bottle, batch S9618B01 Honestly, I am somewhat perplexed ... I think we are facing one of the biggest teasing of modern perfumery. Once again,...
Roadrunner
Whoever tames a Viking deserves attention!
I am already for many months in possession of a sample of this fragrance, which I had ordered here in the souk, because I'm pretty new to the niche world and the price is far from my pain threshold for blindkäufe. I waited a very long time to review it, as I was too euphoric for a long time and my review would certainly not be very objective. But now half a year later, I just have to get rid of this here and with a little distance to the thought of how I would rate the fragrance, I must confess that absolutely nothing has changed. :-)
The only problem I had with it was the thought that as a man I probably couldn't possibly wear a fragrance with rose, but that thought is far off. Very far even.

Creed welcomes the Viking with Calabrian bergamot and the Sicilian lemon very fruity and citrusy, but lets him be Viking and before he even marches towards the mainstream, the warrior is captured by the two tingling peppercorns and become on a wonderfully fragrant bed of rose, fresh mint and velvety lavender, which was carpentered from solid sandalwood. Even before the Viking can go on a rampage because it's all starting to get too feminine for him, as he's used to harsher environments, the base notes come through in the form of masculine patchouli and vetiver and he slowly starts to feel visibly comfortable. I find it hard to believe that I actually described the scent like that now, but the perfume does something to me that I never had before and what can you do for your feelings and preferences.
The durability is nothing earth-shattering, but within reason. 6-7 hours it lasts with me and is the first 3-4 hours of it very noticeable. I have no idea how this fragrance is received by womankind, whether it brings compliments or whether it even suits me, but I do not care. This will be my fragrance for many years, so get used to it ;-)

The perfume is in my eyes the absolute star from the house of Creed and has its place in my cabinet already secure. Thanks again to the user who has sent me the sample.

- Roadrunner
The Viking in the bottle
Creed has dared times what new and has not failed.this perfume has its own character.the strong mint and the earthy note in the finish. So smells a Viking after a glorious battle. The strength of the Viking is represented by the house Creed itself. Stark that one has dared to bring this to the market
Dnzbrk
That's how I imagine Ragnar Lothbrok!
In the Act of Love, I imagine Ragnar's scent as the first notes of the perfume. He starts fresh, Zietrisch and with a certain spice.
After a bloody battle he smells certainly so :D But in the course of time (about 1.5h) flies away and it all starts to smell earthy with peppermint, sandalwood and lavender.

My opinion: I like the beginning of the fragrance, but not the aftermath on myself, is too earthy for me. He is also not room-filling enough for me
Do I like you or not?
It's been over three years now since I smelled Viking for the first time. I thought to myself what the hell is that disgusting perfume doing in a perfumery. 2019 I am brave and buy Viking blind, no idea why I did that, when I opened the box and sprayed Viking on myself I thought for a moment what did you do, but after 10 minutes the magic of Viking starts to become something incredibly beautiful. The pungency at the beginning disappears and the spicy, fresh and sweet heart of Viking comes out. I can't take my nose off my arm anymore, but anyway I just have to inhale and enjoy the smell. I think people in town probably thought something was wrong with this guy, I probably smelled my arm over 100 times. All I can say to Viking is, test the perfume on your skin and give him time it's worth it and most importantly forget the thought Viking wants to be the new Aventus. Viking is so different and unique, of course Viking cannot be worn by everyone, it is definitely not a fragrance for the clientele of a certain perfume YouTuber`s. Viking is not a fragrance like Aventus that fits almost every man, Viking is worn by a man with taste and charisma and who knows what he wants. I love about Viking this rough and spicy and for me alliteration is excellent met this fragrance smells like the rough and exciting life of a Viking and also these slightly sweet spicy notes fit, because the Vikings have reached the Orient in their travels, it smells like adventure and the thrill to explore the world and explore the unknown and the smells of the new world.
Particularly unspecial
Creed. Thanks to Aventus, the name is now also known outside of the "fragrance scene".
Aventus this, Aventus that. Represented in every list and now so dead hyped and reformulated that you can't hear or smell it anymore. A good scent without a doubt, worth the hype.....Taste_decision.

In the long shadow of Aventus are the other scents of Creed.
So is Viking. Even though it is presented in a beautiful red, the design of the bottle with the "belly band" already pays a certain homage to its big brother.

The fragrance, however, stands on its own two feet and leaves me a little perplexed after testing.
Is it really worth a purchase at the "horrendous" Creed prices ?

First of all, the name is for me something that had awakened a completely different expectation in me when I first heard about the fragrance Musk, animalics, sea salt, wood, cold of metal and sea would have been something I would have wished for somehow......

But Viking starts quite fresh in my nose, dominant citric and some spice.
After some time, the citrus note diminishes, it becomes less spicy and the rose comes through.
Peppermint, uncreamy sandalwood and lavender are for me in the later course of the fragrance quite good and give the whole thing somehow an "aftershave" character Not shower gel fresh, or disinfectant alcoholic.
Rather memories of aftershave, barbershops and sedate older men with fresh haircuts and smooth cheeks come to mind. And not too old-fashioned in the process.
Viking would appear quite unspectacular in the overall impression, a perennial that fits most occasions and does not make too blatant a statement.
If there wasn't this indefinable one in the background, something reminds me in some aspects of Enigma by Roja. Not an extremely dominant "effervescent powder" note, but a spiciness that gives the whole "clean-soft" barbershop scent a certain twist and makes this unfamiliar scent interesting.

Viking. A fragrance for the softer men who want to have the feeling to dare something daring even without a wild beard on their face, without plunder trips or drinking mead until they drop ?
Who would like to lean out of the window without taking the risk of falling, who wear a colorful tie with a white shirt ?

A little bit in that direction, because for the fragrance category in which Viking moves, he is something special, but in comparison to the other fragrances that can be found in the scent party crowd here on Parfumo, he is more the shy boy who just came from the hairdresser
Durability, SIllage for a Creed ok.

From Haithabu with love
In keeping with the release of Assassins Creed Valhalla, my first comment in this forum should be Viking from Creed. I admit to having done this scent wrong at first through prejudice. I had never really associated roses with men. But after I had the opportunity to test L'homme a la Rose by MFK in a local perfumery, my opinion changed. Although the new creation from MFK was received with only restrained enthusiasm in this forum, the fragrance convinced me personally of the wearability of a rose scent. The idea of combining gentle roses with the warm scent of sandalwood and the mysterious darkness of vetiver seemed to me to be incredibly exciting. So Viking was to become the first fragrance I ordered a sample of here. Given the name "Viking", it was the ideal candidate to embark on this new adventure of a fragrance community, following the Viking heritage of discovery
But now to the fragrance:
I put it on at 09:18
Viking opens, at least for my nose slightly fruity and very spicy. Up close there is a clear similarity to the cinnamon chewing gum "Big Red". However, a cheap chewing gum note is not meant with it. As soon as the first pungency has evaporated after a few seconds, the flowery note of the rose also appears. The scent fascinated me from the first second on. It manages to be soft and spicy, masculine and gentle at the same time. In any case it is extremely extraordinary. There's not even a hint of the monotonous "Douglas scent" that you recognize as a pattern in every other perfume in the drugstore. Just like the Vikings understood how to stand out among the peoples of their time, this fragrance can also claim its very own character for itself.
10:05 am /br /> After an hour, the rose note becomes stronger and the fragrance overall even rounder. Again and again clouds of spicy elegance rise into my nose.
11:20 am meanwhile the last remaining sharpness has given way. The fragrance fills the room with a spicy, masculine, warm scent. To me it feels like the firm embrace of a loving father. The scent awakens associations in me of my childhood, of my father's fluffy fleece sweater, his strong arms and the soothing sound of his breath.
Even if this is a peculiarity that is entirely specific to me, this fragrance is the perfect choice for a date where you snuggle under a blanket together on a cold winter's day and enjoy a movie.
But by no means is Viking just a date fragrance. It may seem less formal to me than Prada l'homme, but a suit will certainly look good on a formal occasion. I have a navy blue double-breasted suit with a white shirt and an ochre tie with a high red content in mind. The dirty, sweaty picture of a plundering farmer/Viking he is not able to serve for me. This does not seem to me to be any harm though.
It's probably not for teenagers. But it's not as classic as Bois du Portugal. I would say that it is best suited for self-confident men between 25 and 55. If you don't like to stand out, it's the wrong scent, but if you want to underline your standing outwardly with a very unusual scent, you are without question well advised to buy a bottling at least once. Due to the pandemic, the frequency with which I meet women has fallen drastically, but those I was able to show Viking to were quite taken with it. In the evening, the scent was a source of compliments in passing and was still clearly noticeable the next morning. The projection is hard to estimate when you wear it yourself, but it should be a little more than an arm's length and the scent train is quite wonderful.
Enough with the words. Thank you very much for your attention and enjoy testing.

Smunitz
One of the better Creeds, classy and gentlemanly!
Viking has been eclipsed by Aventus somewhat, true! Creeds cost exorbitant amount of money, true too! Now that we got that off our chest, let's see what the fragrance really is!!! :)
I believe this is actually one of the better Creeds, certainly in the same league with Aventus and Green Irish Tweed. It is very original (specifically the use of combined mint and rose in men's fragrance is daring), well made and has great performance (not all Creeds do). It smells expensive (for this money it'd better!!), very versatile (can use all four seasons, except for really hot summer days unless indoors or in office) and in general not offensive to anybody. Could easily be used as signature scent. Has modern touch to it (it is not your Bois du Portugal, which I also love, by the way) but at the same time has traditional cologne base (vetiver, patchouli, lavendin, citruses). The use of rose in this one reminds me of Royal Mayfair a little, deep and masculine, so I can see this as a modern take on men's rose based scent. It might not garner you as many compliments as Aventus (true too) but if you ask people what they prefer, you'll be surprised that close amount will find Viking almost as nice as Aventus.
Solid fragrance release from Creed, definitely test it. As with many Creeds, it will take several wearings to truly appreciate it and will grow on you!

PS Love the opening here: mint, deep rose and pink pepper, gorgeous!!! The dry-down is the trickiest part: the note of Lavandin Absolute was used and while this is a variation of lavender, it's different and together with woods and remaining peppers creates an impression of Old Spice scent. It develops differently on skin, so try on yours to decide.
Heldenvater
The first great love - and it still burns
To buy a perfume for more than 50 Euro seemed to me for a long time absolutely unthinkable - what more can it do than smell good, and that's what the cheaper ones do after all...
And this is how I kept it for a long time: when my Pacco Rabbane Ultraviolet or my Burberry Brit were empty, they were bought again.

Then two old acquaintances, coincidence and boredom, wanted me to go to YouTube and meet the much-appreciated Jeremy and I watched one or the other video - many more channels followed.
You can think what you like about Mr. Fragrance, but he opened the door to a world that was completely unknown to me until then...

But it got really bad when I discovered Parfumo and the Souk for me :)

Order after order - from common and well-known to twisted and expensive...

And then, sometime in spring and dozens of tests later, the time had come: the first sprayer from Creed's Viking - what a revelation that was!
Spicy, fresh, deep and soft - I have never smelled anything like it.
This and no other should be my first expensive fragrance.

And all of a sudden, 180 euros no longer seemed so much to me, but absolutely justified!

What Viking has shown me is something I was not aware of before:
May arouse feelings in me, they influence me and the way I perform - they make me happy!

I am wearing it again right now - and every breath gives me a pleasant, pleasant and happy feeling of security and at the same time I feel full of energy and ready to face challenges.

Creed Viking was the beginning of a great passion - and for that he will always be grateful!

You never forget your first great love!
Bene93
Absolutely undervalued and that is a good thing!
So you don't judge this spicy-fresh masculine or in short - horny - scent at every corner and smell "special" with it.
He is not an absolute all-rounder for me, as I find him too special for everyday situations, such as daily to work.
However, if a special meeting is coming up or you want to be in a different life situation (celebrations, dates, etc.)
Setting accents and standing out from the crowd is Viking for me the first choice.
I have received many compliments and only positive feedback.
Please dose sparingly, as it has an extremely strong sillage, especially in the beginning.
In principle, it can be worn all year round. Because of its spicy and fiery warmth I prefer to wear it on fresher days.
I find the name absolutely appropriate. With it, man smells like a "real man" - that was mostly the feedback I got when I played Viking.
But please continue to buy the much better Aventus to smell like every third person, and Viking will remain "special" ;-)
Viking Roses
Creed Viking has inspired me already at the first test and he still does this today.
The fragrance is beautifully spicy and fresh at the same time, surrounded by sweet sandalwood. A real all-rounder and a fragrance that you don't smell at every corner when you walk through the city, like a Sauvage or Aventus.
Viking lets you wear this in every session. In my opinion it shows to best advantage in autumn.
I find the durability and silage to be above average for me.
If you want something different from the countless "blue" fragrances, you should definitely try the Viking. Here it is possible to create a masculine overall experience in combination with the other fragrances. But the rose note does not stand out here. It is a round composition from which I perceive mainly pink pepper, peppermint, rose and sandalwood.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
2.5
Ewww, it smells like those blocks you have in urinals. Sharp and synthetic. Bad Creed, bad.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
A spicier, deeper and more bitter version of Old Spice. Creamy barbershop vibe but not remarkable within the genre.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Too aromatic for me. Still a nice scent and classy for a more mature guy. Too pricey for what you will get from this perfume
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Fresh citrusy fragrance, with classic, but also modern nuances. No reinvention, but well done: has naturally cool-mild appearance.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
So, Vikings have gone from being axe-wielding manly men to metrosexuals doused in Dior Sauvage. Leif Ericsson must be crying into his mead.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 3 years ago
Beautiful fire-n-ice unisex scent: sweet, cold, uplifting, spicy, calming, warm, soothing. Lovely bottle. First thing I've liked from Creed.

creed viking - skål! :)
by Drakecito
by JulianNock
by JulianNock

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Tabaróme Privé / Vintage Tabaróme by Creed