Viking 2017

Viking by Creed
Viking is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian lemon, La Réunion pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPepper, Bulgarian rose, Peppermint
Base Notes Base NotesIndian sandalwood, Haitian vetiver, Indian patchouli, Provençal lavender absolute

Submitted by Michael, last update on 04.05.2021.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago

„The timid viking warrior”

Why this name? It's not unisex; it's for men but it's not manly; Performance is "so so". It looks to me like a big amount of money for the buck. Yes, it's...
DrakecitoDrakecito 2 years ago

„A bad joke.”

My review is about a 100ml bottle, batch S9618B01 Honestly, I am somewhat perplexed ... I think we are facing one of the biggest teasing of modern perfumery. Once again,...
Stiff breeze from the northeast - "horny shit" from London
I am a self-confessed fan of the series "Vikings" while I am rather critical of the "ananassigen" Aventus hype. I have had neither very good nor bad experiences with Creed so far. For me, the brand is something like the crowd pleaser in the niche, which of course again makes it a bit arbitrary considering the pricing.

In the end, I couldn't resist because of the ingredient list: Lemon, mint, pepper, sandalwood, vetiver - if that is not the wind direction in which I set my sails!? :-) Indeed, I was not disappointed and hereby declare the English Viking a fragrant pal. Possibly Clive Christian or Jo Malone would have put a more eccentric stamp on the whole thing - but then I would have possibly also taken flight from the brutal fragrance hordes, wrinkling my nose! ;-)

To the fragrance: Fresh mint fights valiantly in the battle with earthy grasses. In the end, we agree on a draw! :-) And then everything mixes, just as the culture of the Vikings has merged into the most diverse cultures of Europe. I'm thrilled for now, but I'm only doing the first test. Valhalla can therefore gladly wait.

Viking is definitely not aggro, but definitely rougher and "fetziger" than 90% of all mainstream fragrances. It could also be another "Encre Noir" flanker, comes to mind now so spontaneously. The fairly linear scent progression and the long longevity excite me, as they do with most Creeds. But somewhere the proud price must also come from ;-)

Oldish2002
Is this the smell of a real viking ?
If you will ever want to smell refined, Viking got you covered. What a dummy !
Of course you want to smell refined !
This baby will make you stand out, for sure. The smell is very classy and that's how a real gentleman should smell.
Minty, creamy and a bit peppery. The citrus elements are there as well, making an awesome blend of spicy&citrusy.
Very versatile, casual or formal, depends on your taste/budget. Fall, spring and even on a chilly summer night, maybe after a short rain, when the air is a bit colder.
It does smell expensive ? Hell yeah.
It worth the price ? Yes and No. It depends.. Just try it and make a decision on your own.
Performance isn't an issue with it.
8 hours or even more sometimes.
Projection is quite present as well in the first few hours. That minty creaminess really helps it to stay for a while.
I really love this one !

Overall : 8/10
A hipster Viking !
Seduced by an excessive thirst for knowledge, they explored the earth. Discovered new worlds and invite us today to a stirring olfactory journey...

The journey begins in undiscovered bays and fjords,this leads them across the several depths of the sea to islands as well as countries with exotic, intense spices.
As this fragrance also reflects, in the top note sounds a pepper as I could not imagine him. This is real actually too strong for me in the beginning.

The pepper blows you away in the first half to full hour! as if nothing else would be main inventory feature in this fragrance.

After that, however, the fragrance begins to "play" with the Bulgarian rose & the pepper from there it becomes again Interesting for the carrier & very pleasant. After the pepper has evaporated, we come to the beautiful Indian sandalwood. This mixed with vetiver is really nice & in any case, this fragrance is worth getting a bottling here! :P
Ennosuke
Good fragrance with some weaknesses
Creed.
Basically, you could always say the same thing about Creed fragrances.
Weak performance at inflated prices and Moderate Flakons.
Viking itself pleases me personally very good!

A really individual fragrance, the rose very skillfully used without being Lieblich or Feminin to act.
The fragrance works through the pepper very core and masculine without being obtrusive For me, the best perfume from the house!
Sneaky Viking
"Hey you! Come sniff me!"
-"Oh, get away from me, you hyperbeast! Every influencer has you in their closet. Not interested!"

"Oh come on, one sniff won't hurt!"
-"Before you annoy me any longer...but just to know what everyone thinks is so great about you...Smells fresh! Nothing special! Totally overrated!"

"Well you see, then you can just spray me. Just a little spritz. It won't kill you."
-"If you finally give it a rest! But I tell you in advance: You have no chance with me! Not a chance in hell I don't know your kind."
That was it for him!
Roadrunner
Whoever tames a Viking deserves attention!
I am already for many months in possession of a sample of this fragrance, which I had ordered here in the souk, because I'm pretty new to the niche world and the price is far from my pain threshold for blindkäufe. I waited a very long time to review it, as I was too euphoric for a long time and my review would certainly not be very objective. But now half a year later, I just have to get rid of this here and with a little distance to the thought of how I would rate the fragrance, I must confess that absolutely nothing has changed. :-)
The only problem I had with it was the thought that as a man I probably couldn't possibly wear a fragrance with rose, but that thought is far off. Very far even.

Creed welcomes the Viking with Calabrian bergamot and the Sicilian lemon very fruity and citrusy, but lets him be Viking and before he even marches towards the mainstream, the warrior is captured by the two tingling peppercorns and become on a wonderfully fragrant bed of rose, fresh mint and velvety lavender, which was carpentered from solid sandalwood. Even before the Viking can go on a rampage because it's all starting to get too feminine for him, as he's used to harsher environments, the base notes come through in the form of masculine patchouli and vetiver and he slowly starts to feel visibly comfortable. I find it hard to believe that I actually described the scent like that now, but the perfume does something to me that I never had before and what can you do for your feelings and preferences.
The durability is nothing earth-shattering, but within reason. 6-7 hours it lasts with me and is the first 3-4 hours of it very noticeable. I have no idea how this fragrance is received by womankind, whether it brings compliments or whether it even suits me, but I do not care. This will be my fragrance for many years, so get used to it ;-)

The perfume is in my eyes the absolute star from the house of Creed and has its place in my cabinet already secure. Thanks again to the user who has sent me the sample.

- Roadrunner
The Viking in the bottle
Creed has dared times what new and has not failed.this perfume has its own character.the strong mint and the earthy note in the finish. So smells a Viking after a glorious battle. The strength of the Viking is represented by the house Creed itself. Stark that one has dared to bring this to the market
Dnzbrk
That's how I imagine Ragnar Lothbrok!
In the Act of Love, I imagine Ragnar's scent as the first notes of the perfume. He starts fresh, Zietrisch and with a certain spice.
After a bloody battle he smells certainly so :D But in the course of time (about 1.5h) flies away and it all starts to smell earthy with peppermint, sandalwood and lavender.

My opinion: I like the beginning of the fragrance, but not the aftermath on myself, is too earthy for me. He is also not room-filling enough for me
Do I like you or not?
It's been over three years now since I smelled Viking for the first time. I thought to myself what the hell is that disgusting perfume doing in a perfumery. 2019 I am brave and buy Viking blind, no idea why I did that, when I opened the box and sprayed Viking on myself I thought for a moment what did you do, but after 10 minutes the magic of Viking starts to become something incredibly beautiful. The pungency at the beginning disappears and the spicy, fresh and sweet heart of Viking comes out. I can't take my nose off my arm anymore, but anyway I just have to inhale and enjoy the smell. I think people in town probably thought something was wrong with this guy, I probably smelled my arm over 100 times. All I can say to Viking is, test the perfume on your skin and give him time it's worth it and most importantly forget the thought Viking wants to be the new Aventus. Viking is so different and unique, of course Viking cannot be worn by everyone, it is definitely not a fragrance for the clientele of a certain perfume YouTuber`s. Viking is not a fragrance like Aventus that fits almost every man, Viking is worn by a man with taste and charisma and who knows what he wants. I love about Viking this rough and spicy and for me alliteration is excellent met this fragrance smells like the rough and exciting life of a Viking and also these slightly sweet spicy notes fit, because the Vikings have reached the Orient in their travels, it smells like adventure and the thrill to explore the world and explore the unknown and the smells of the new world.
Particularly unspecial
Creed. Thanks to Aventus, the name is now also known outside of the "fragrance scene".
Aventus this, Aventus that. Represented in every list and now so dead hyped and reformulated that you can't hear or smell it anymore. A good scent without a doubt, worth the hype.....Taste_decision.

In the long shadow of Aventus are the other scents of Creed.
So is Viking. Even though it is presented in a beautiful red, the design of the bottle with the "belly band" already pays a certain homage to its big brother.

The fragrance, however, stands on its own two feet and leaves me a little perplexed after testing.
Is it really worth a purchase at the "horrendous" Creed prices ?

First of all, the name is for me something that had awakened a completely different expectation in me when I first heard about the fragrance Musk, animalics, sea salt, wood, cold of metal and sea would have been something I would have wished for somehow......

But Viking starts quite fresh in my nose, dominant citric and some spice.
After some time, the citrus note diminishes, it becomes less spicy and the rose comes through.
Peppermint, uncreamy sandalwood and lavender are for me in the later course of the fragrance quite good and give the whole thing somehow an "aftershave" character Not shower gel fresh, or disinfectant alcoholic.
Rather memories of aftershave, barbershops and sedate older men with fresh haircuts and smooth cheeks come to mind. And not too old-fashioned in the process.
Viking would appear quite unspectacular in the overall impression, a perennial that fits most occasions and does not make too blatant a statement.
If there wasn't this indefinable one in the background, something reminds me in some aspects of Enigma by Roja. Not an extremely dominant "effervescent powder" note, but a spiciness that gives the whole "clean-soft" barbershop scent a certain twist and makes this unfamiliar scent interesting.

Viking. A fragrance for the softer men who want to have the feeling to dare something daring even without a wild beard on their face, without plunder trips or drinking mead until they drop ?
Who would like to lean out of the window without taking the risk of falling, who wear a colorful tie with a white shirt ?

A little bit in that direction, because for the fragrance category in which Viking moves, he is something special, but in comparison to the other fragrances that can be found in the scent party crowd here on Parfumo, he is more the shy boy who just came from the hairdresser
Durability, SIllage for a Creed ok.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 days ago
Spicy, fresh and citrusy scent, slightly green/woody. Leaning for man but soft, light and calming. A peaceful Viking. One of the best Creed.
JayNayJayNay 2 months ago
Very soapy clean smell. I like it after trying it a few times. Picked up the peppermint for sure
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
2.5
Ewww, it smells like those blocks you have in urinals. Sharp and synthetic. Bad Creed, bad.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
A spicier, deeper and more bitter version of Old Spice. Creamy barbershop vibe but not remarkable within the genre.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Too aromatic for me. Still a nice scent and classy for a more mature guy. Too pricey for what you will get from this perfume
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Fresh citrusy fragrance, with classic, but also modern nuances. No reinvention, but well done: has naturally cool-mild appearance.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
So, Vikings have gone from being axe-wielding manly men to metrosexuals doused in Dior Sauvage. Leif Ericsson must be crying into his mead.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Beautiful fire-n-ice unisex scent: sweet, cold, uplifting, spicy, calming, warm, soothing. Lovely bottle. First thing I've liked from Creed.

creed viking - skål! :)
by JulianNock
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed