Viking by Creed

Carlitos01
13.03.2018 - 06:22 PM

The timid viking warrior

Why this name?
It's not unisex; it's for men but it's not manly; Performance is "so so". It looks to me like a big amount of money for the buck.
Yes, it's spicy and fresh (probably the Wintertime was not the good season to launch it).
You can clearly perceive that the ingredients are top grade (mainly the sandal and the patchouli). But to devise a couple of swallows does not mean that you have already a radiant Spring....
It's a bit generic... Is that a flaw? Yes, it is because it's a Creed fragrance and costs (so far) several hundreds of Euros.

Without any more comments I pass immediately to the math of this fragrance:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Scent opening: 7.0 (nice but to minty; not impressive for the price)
- Scent drydown: 8.0 (nice woody drydown)
- Longevity: 7.0 (7 hours with 3 sprays)
- Sillage: 7.0 (arm's length for 4 hours with 3 sprays; average projection for 2 hours); practical skin scent till the 8th hour. After 8 hours do respray or pick another fragrance.)
- Uniqueness: 9.0 (it's pretty unique but it does not stands out)
- Wearability: 8.5 (not for cold days)
- Versatility: 9.0 (a bit everywhere as the scent is not a head-turner. Never in the beach or gym. Not good for clubbing as well).
- Compliments: 7.5 (fairly average)
- Quality: 9.0 (no defects but it's not loveable)
- Presentation: 5.0 (a bit vulgar, a bit ugly; I would only have this flask in my shelf just because it says "Creed")
- Price: 2.0 (the price is a real joke and it stands only for the Creed name for sure; I just ordered a decant to calm down my curiosity)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Average: 7,26 / 10.00

In my top perfumes? No
Will I ever buy it? No way
Is there a similar fragrance I like as much as or more than this one? Quite a lot!
Will I recommend it? a big NO due to the low quality/price ratio.
Oliver Creed and Tom Ford must share the same marketeer; This is an as big marketing flop as Tom Ford's F*ing Fabulous.

Latest Reviews

Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 days ago
Dark Rebel Rider - John Varvatos

Dark Rebel Rider My trusty old leather jacket
Lit headlights, the roar of motorbikes, and the heavy smell of worn leather clothing are vivid images, sounds and smells, and easily imagined together. In our fantasy, they can reflect the image of an urban cowboy, motorised on two wheels,...

Carlitos01Carlitos01 10 days ago
Bois d'Olivier & Cade - Jeanne en Provence

Bois d'Olivier & Cade The Olive and the Cedar
Cedar-of-Spain or Cade is a species of juniper, that can form scattered bushes or small erect trees. It is easily found in the Mediterranean woods of Morocco, the Iberian Peninsula, and southern France. Normally the essential oil distilled...