Virgin Island Water 2007

Virgin Island Water by Creed
Top 30 in Unisex Perfume
Virgin Island Water is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesCoconut, Caribbean lime, White bergamot, Sicilian mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesHibiscus, Ginger, Ylang-ylang, Jasminum auriculatum
Base Notes Base NotesCaribbean sugar cane, Caribbean white rum, Tonkin musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.09.2020.

Holiday
When I ordered the fragrance, I had expected a very sweet Piña Colada but I was surprised. The scent smells very pleasantly fresh like coconut/lime and for me almost not sweet at all.

The first time I wore it I had to turn around constantly to smell my own Sillage because I liked it so much. As expected, the shelf life is rather moderate, though. On my shirt it is now after 6 hours still easily "skin-near" perceptible. In the air I noticed it after 2 hours only weakly, but I noticed it.

All in all a top summer scent that I will gladly wear more often!
Great top note
I had a sample of the fragrance as a lovely addition to a souk order, and while testing it I realized that it would be a dream come true if it consisted only of the top note - which was wonderfully fresh and citrusy, the coconut didn't come through very well. Unfortunately, the rest did not appeal to me as much. However, as far as citrus scents are concerned, there are certainly similar perfumes in a much lower price range.
The finest coconut curry
I love to cook and one of my favourite dishes, which I serve almost every week, is a nice Thai coconut curry.
A great mixture of coconut milk, spices and always with a refreshing piece of lime on top, which can be expressed nicely after serving.
The whole thing results in such a wonderful aroma, my mouth is already watering when I think of it.
Virgin Island Water by Greed awakens exactly this image in my head with every sprayer.

The fragrance starts, as just indicated, with a very refreshing coconut-lime note underlined with a light touch of spice. What reminds me of the spices of my curry will be for many people the hearty rum note, which is also mentioned in other comments here. Fortunately, the scent is not as extremely sweet and sugary as one might expect from such a cocktail-like mixture. The top note of the fragrance is generally one of the best I've ever smelled

As it progresses, the lime says goodbye more and more and makes room for beautifully flowery-creamy notes while the light spice with the coconut remains in the background. Personally, I think it's a pity, because the lime had a nice summery kick, but even so, the fragrance still knows how to please.

Towards the end, the fragrance then shows its weakness, not because it no longer smells good, but because the "bad" durability is noticeable. "Bad" in quotation marks because on the one hand the durability is really not outstanding, but on the other hand it is in my opinion still better than with some other summer candidates. After all, this is a very natural looking summer scent, which almost everyone shares this problem and if not then mostly only thanks to strongly synthetic notes, which fortunately is not the case here. I prefer to spray a fragrance again instead of being satisfied with mediocrity just to be able to get through lunch compulsively.

It's the same with the Sillage, the first hour he projects properly, but when the lime leaves, the Sillage goes with it. If you really want to be noticed, you can and should spray yourself properly (4+ splashes), but then you will get there for a while.

The best time to wear this scent is in the evening, when the sun begins to set and you want to go to the barbecue party at the lake, to the beach bar or to the river meadows with weine/beer in your luggage. In my free time on weekends it also goes, but at work I would find it a little out of place, even in the middle of summer at a pressing 30°. The fragrance is clearly unisex, without any strong male or female tendency.

Conclusion:
For me one of the most beautiful summer scents, for cosy evening occasions even the best.
The fragrance is expensive and certainly not worth the money for everyone, which I can understand.
Nevertheless you should try it out, I personally don't want to miss it anymore.

Well, I'm gonna go make curry.
Who stole the coconut?
The announcement was a citrusy fresh summer scent...soso. Well warned I was when looking at the composition. It actually starts almost balanced. A classic start with lime / lemon / bergamot with coconut water. But only a few minutes later the coconut takes over and forms with the flowery components, jasmine, sugar and rum a very fruity-sweet summer punch. For me simply too much. The quality of the perfume is high. No question. With me the smell held good six hours. I see tanned people with white linen clothes and white leather slippers in Miami. They look through big dark sunglasses and the sultry Florida breeze spreads the scent over the extensive beach promenade with the white umbrellas ... the Rolex shines on their wrists and the lady in the white bikini wears a light straw hat and eats a Raffaello....no she would never do that...she drinks a sugar free Pina Colada...I don't like leather slippers, sultry heat and sweet cocktails...so no wonder I have little love for Virgin Island Water. In any case, it should be noted that citrusy fresh can be very misleading here. Would describe it rather fruity-sweet
Shock love!
Last year I was looking for citrus scents, this year it's the coconut scents. I don't know where that suddenly comes from. Actually I never liked coconut much, I don't even like Bounty :)

It was always too sweet, too pushy, too over the top! But when I sat on the terrace in my new beach chair in the first warm sunrays and enjoyed the warmth, the desire for a coconut scent suddenly arose in my head. My nose still timidly tried to express concerns á la 'brain? Are you sure? We don't really like the smell of coconut, remember?' But the brain played out its position of power mercilessly and replied something like 'Coconut must come and now silence on the cheap seats!'.

Hmm... ok... if Brain says so, then my ordering finger obeys, of course! So I read perfume comments for hours, sniffed my way through the whole range from artificial to sticky to imperceptible and finally ended up at Virgin Island Water by Creed. Ever since the first sprayer I have been shocked and in love with this wonderful fragrance. I can't get enough of it.

From the very beginning, it is a harmonious mix of high-quality coconut fragrance and fresh lime, which comes along on my skin in the perfect strength for me. It is not too loud and not too quiet, it smells very elegant and not like coconut water from a can. The Sillage is not special for me, but the durability is. Even after a long, summery day at the office, you can rely on the little island water.

However, there is no real scent and I do not perceive more than coconut and lime. But that could also be due to my nose, which is probably still snapping because it was simply ignored. Anyway, I'm glad to have listened to my brain this time - it happens too rarely anyway :)
If I were YouTuber...
...then Virgin Island Water would be number one on my "Top 10 Most Complimented" video
You know those beach bars. In every major city that's on a river or sea. So sand, loungers, wooden planks, live DJ and cocktail bars
That was two years ago, I had the VIW brand new. I went to one of those parties, dressed appropriately, white shirt open with white shirt, dark blue jeans and white sneakers, and a good load of VIW. Must have been 8 sprayers, but it is known that it is not so strong, so it was ok, it was outside
I got six or seven requests this one night for what I'm wearing. From strange women and one guy, independently. This lime/coconut/rum silage must be brutal when you smell it on others. Especially since you can get very much out of the mass of Sauvage, Acqua di Gio, Eros etc. Carrier sticks out.

No other fragrance, not even my 2013 Aventus has ever brought me more requests in one evening.

But I'd wear it even if nobody asked. Especially for warm summer evenings in July/August or on vacation, for me the absolutely perfect fragrance.

I will cherish my now empty bottle and will not buy the original again. There are (unfortunately) some good alternatives that smell almost the same, but are far superior to the original in terms of performance.
Dangerous surf!
A sultry summer night in Malibu, a starry sky at full moon. I stroll along the promenade loosely dressed in a white linen shirt and trousers. As a prelude Viw starts with a citric note
( bergamot ) and unfolds towards sweet smelling but not too sweet smelling coconut which comes out very well ... the durability could be a little bit better but still a successful masterpiece!

LOVELY SCENT
I love this fragrance. It's really bottled summer. The fragrance opens with a delicious citrus note, a lime that you can almost taste as if it were a summer drink. It is accompanied by coconut and an alcoholic note that make this fragrance delicious. Every time I smell the bottle, I'd like to take a drink. Whenever I use it, it brings me a feeling of happiness and relaxation, as if I were on the beach, under the shade of a palm tree, with no other worries than to look at the sea and enjoy.

And I don't Know why, but in my skin is really strong, with a lot of projection.
Summery elegance
Virgin Island Water is for me one of the founding fathers of the trend towards citric coconut scents in summer.

Soleil Blanc, Cool Water Intense and many others have jumped on this trend.

Rightly so! Br />
Like his countless conspecifics, VIW is absolutely unisex, striking without being provocative and very versatile. He is noble and casual in one, attractive and relaxed, serious and humorous
For summer nights he would be a little too cheerful and not very mysterious, but for the days and evenings he is perfect. Beautiful coconut, surrounded by lime and manderine, supported by very soft creamy spice and floral notes. Progression is only present in the sense that the fragrance gains some floral notes over time and the coconut note loses some of its dominance.

The shelf life is generally very good and the sillage is noticeable without mutating into a running Bounty chocolate bar.

I just can't quite decide between him and Soleil Blanc. Both a little different, but equal enough to own only one...

Oh, by the way, the bottle is typical Creed ;) Even though nobody expected anything else.
At the cocktail bar
I can't help but think it's a perfect imitation of pina colada. I could drink it right now.
After the first rush of lemony coconut freshness, a strong pineapple prevails. I clearly smell the rum, the musk probably provides a creamy rounding.

I must admit, I like a brew. However, the scent hardly changes. So you sit at a cocktail bar all day long. If you like it... ;-)

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 48 days ago
B.2019. A simple fresh-citric Summer fragrance, balanced by a soft creamy sweet-floral base. Lacks performance. Way overhyped! Piña Colada??
KingPinKingPin 19 months ago
5.5
Too much Hawaiian Tropic for me. Nice, but almost gimmicky.
ItchynoseItchynose 20 months ago
Lime, coconut, white rum and sugar cane: it doesn't get more Caribbean than that. The vibe of summertime at the beach in a bottle.
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Smells like sun lotion to me, lots of coconut and lime only really appropriate for very hot weather.
EyedeanEyedean 2 years ago
One of the best (if not the best!) lime/coconut scents in the game! But beware! It’ll automatically set you in vacation/relax mode!

creed - virgin island water : caribbean summer bottled
by Felsn
Virgin Island Meadows
by Jasmine87
by Jasmine87
by Anarlan
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Costarico
by Costarico
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
Man beachte das Creed-Ambiente im Hintergrund - passend zur Verpackung  :-)
by Alöx
by Kenshin
by Allesdufte
by Allesdufte

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed