Virgin Island Water 2007

Virgin Island Water by Creed
Top 25 in Unisex Perfume
Virgin Island Water is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesCoconut, Caribbean lime, White bergamot, Sicilian mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesHibiscus, Ginger, Ylang-ylang, Jasminum auriculatum
Base Notes Base NotesCaribbean sugar cane, Caribbean white rum, Tonkin musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.02.2021.

Pure holiday
Creed Virgin Island Water - developed to transform the Caribbean into a fragrance.
And Creed has succeeded! When I wear it, I think of white sandy beaches, deep blue water, clear skies, sun and vacation.
In this fragrance, however, you can also find the not-so-great sides of a holiday in the Caribbean:
The heat can also be oppressive, just as the fragrance after a few hours is only heavy, without these great tangy notes from the beginning. Also the pina colada is not everyone's cup of tea, just like the strongly noticeable coconut in the perfume. If you love at the beginning of the holiday still the breakfast buffet with a huge selection of fresh fruit, so you have but at the end of the pineapple perhaps overeaten and would like to smell it in the perfume no longer so gladly.

And no sooner is one of the holiday back in the daily grind one longs for the Caribbean back...
Exactly how I feel with this fragrance: I wear it on and am in holiday heaven! But then a few hours pass and it becomes too heavy and pappig for me. But no sooner has it evaporated in the evening or the next day, I long again for the lovely-sweet-fruity Accorden from the beginning and I spray him again, only to regret it a few hours later again a little bit.

Coconut & Alcohol
If it says Creed on it, there's something good in it... think! Whenever I smell this perfume, I perceive only coconut. The other ingredients are drowned out. I don't think it takes a Creed to do that. Perfumers who make for drugstores can do that just as well. With Creed's yardstick, I'm afraid this isn't anything the big deal. By the mainstream yardstick, however, this contender can be smelled. But beware, it's been my experience that it's very polarizing. While some find coconut heavenly summery great, others run away when they perceive only a nuance.
Keko
Coconut and lime make the best summer scent
34°C in the shade. Sandy beach. You're wearing a white, airy short-sleeved shirt. The top buttons are undone. Tanned skin underneath. In your hand a cocktail glass with Piña Colada. On your skin: Creed - Virgin Island Water.

So far, none of the Creed fragrances have been able to convince me. However, when I smelled my filling of Virgin Island Water I knew immediately: the has something special. I sprayed the fragrance on my skin and me was quite quickly clear: you will join my collection!

As a fan of sweet winter fragrances, I would not have thought that a summer fragrance could blow me away times so.
Lets wear in the spring and summer in my opinion for every occasion and every day.
The durability is outstanding for a summer perfume.

Clear buy recommendation on my part
Pina Colada, Raffaello but with sea breeze and aquatic notes
Good evening,

i read here many good and also apt comments on the fragrance.
I am in many points congruent, but would like to point out an aspect that I have not read here so yet.

With Virgin Island Water I read with very many, "coconut holiday perfume" with Piña colada Silage and beach feeling. Missing only the beautiful woman in white with sun hat and the white parrot.

Yaaaay.

Certainly this is a wonderful and natural smelling, freshly shaken summer cocktail with a good to very good performance for a summer scent. Of course, such a cocktail does not keep up with oud, incense, resins, etc., but I think the durability is rated too weak here.
There are many beautiful summer fragrances with holiday feeling and we all wear these, these dark days maybe here and there, to remind us how it was recently.

I find the quality of the ingredients, Creed typically very successful, it all smells very natural and pleasant and EDEL. No syntethic cotton candy, coconut cream or spice.

What comes to me already written in the fragrance something too short are the aquatic notes (I'm not just at the cocktail bar no I go to the beautiful lukewarm Caribbean sea). I have worn this year in the summer many aquatic Bonds and recognize in this fragrance often also next to the (for me not at all gourmandigen but pleasantly natural) sweetness, the nut and the sugar cane also the tart lime and also after a short time the musk, hibiscus accord.

The fragrance is pure summer in a very pleasant not too sweet, tangy sea rushing package.

I look forward to the summers that are still to come!
Caribbean beach bar
Something completely different! Virgin Island Water is classic like so many Creed fragrances on the fresh side. But this one is somehow still a bit different. He starts with a lot of lime and other fruits. On my skin after 2 hours it shows that the lime is pushed back and the coconut becomes more present. It's nicely balanced. But I can't detect much more than those two accords, unfortunately. When I wear it and close my eyes I see myself sitting at a beach bar in the Caribbean. Probably has that also with our current situation zutun and my holiday maturity.

In the durability and sillage, it is as typical for Creed rather in the midfield of the perfume world. Compared with niche fragrances rather in the lower range.

The flacon pleases me very well. Same shape as all but by the silver accents it looks noble.

Refreshing coconut lime
I always have something to nag about.
Not with that smell!
My wife has received many compliments on the scent. I like to wear it myself. Absolutely unisex for me.
Very natural, refreshing, tasty lime at the beginning, which runs into a creamy coconut base.
Very simple, but deliciously refreshing at every stage of the fragrance process and never artificial.

Smunitz
Coconut! It will be there whether you like it or not! :)
This fragrance has a lot going on citruses, florals, musky woods but all of them are just to support the coconut note in order not to make it boring. A lot of people compare it to sun lotion... I'd like to know what lotion they use! :) This scent will grow on you as you realize it is not just coconut and as you discover the quality of ingredient and innovative approach of how it's blended. To me, this is the essential tropical/island vacation scent. I would only wear MI sometimes to alternate. Very classy, timeless and original. it makes me feel like a billionaire when I wear it. Really really nice frag, takes a while to truly appreciate it! Take your time to test it, get a sample. You will not be able to understand it fully by a single spray in the store! :)

PS Some people complain about performance. It lasts 6-8 hours on my skin with good projection for first 3-5 hours, so it is a better performing Creed, in my opinion.
Holiday
When I ordered the fragrance, I had expected a very sweet Piña Colada but I was surprised. The scent smells very pleasantly fresh like coconut/lime and for me almost not sweet at all.

The first time I wore it I had to turn around constantly to smell my own Sillage because I liked it so much. As expected, the shelf life is rather moderate, though. On my shirt it is now after 6 hours still easily "skin-near" perceptible. In the air I noticed it after 2 hours only weakly, but I noticed it.

All in all a top summer scent that I will gladly wear more often!
Great top note
I had a sample of the fragrance as a lovely addition to a souk order, and while testing it I realized that it would be a dream come true if it consisted only of the top note - which was wonderfully fresh and citrusy, the coconut didn't come through very well. Unfortunately, the rest did not appeal to me as much. However, as far as citrus scents are concerned, there are certainly similar perfumes in a much lower price range.
The finest coconut curry
I love to cook and one of my favourite dishes, which I serve almost every week, is a nice Thai coconut curry.
A great mixture of coconut milk, spices and always with a refreshing piece of lime on top, which can be expressed nicely after serving.
The whole thing results in such a wonderful aroma, my mouth is already watering when I think of it.
Virgin Island Water by Greed awakens exactly this image in my head with every sprayer.

The fragrance starts, as just indicated, with a very refreshing coconut-lime note underlined with a light touch of spice. What reminds me of the spices of my curry will be for many people the hearty rum note, which is also mentioned in other comments here. Fortunately, the scent is not as extremely sweet and sugary as one might expect from such a cocktail-like mixture. The top note of the fragrance is generally one of the best I've ever smelled

As it progresses, the lime says goodbye more and more and makes room for beautifully flowery-creamy notes while the light spice with the coconut remains in the background. Personally, I think it's a pity, because the lime had a nice summery kick, but even so, the fragrance still knows how to please.

Towards the end, the fragrance then shows its weakness, not because it no longer smells good, but because the "bad" durability is noticeable. "Bad" in quotation marks because on the one hand the durability is really not outstanding, but on the other hand it is in my opinion still better than with some other summer candidates. After all, this is a very natural looking summer scent, which almost everyone shares this problem and if not then mostly only thanks to strongly synthetic notes, which fortunately is not the case here. I prefer to spray a fragrance again instead of being satisfied with mediocrity just to be able to get through lunch compulsively.

It's the same with the Sillage, the first hour he projects properly, but when the lime leaves, the Sillage goes with it. If you really want to be noticed, you can and should spray yourself properly (4+ splashes), but then you will get there for a while.

The best time to wear this scent is in the evening, when the sun begins to set and you want to go to the barbecue party at the lake, to the beach bar or to the river meadows with weine/beer in your luggage. In my free time on weekends it also goes, but at work I would find it a little out of place, even in the middle of summer at a pressing 30°. The fragrance is clearly unisex, without any strong male or female tendency.

Conclusion:
For me one of the most beautiful summer scents, for cosy evening occasions even the best.
The fragrance is expensive and certainly not worth the money for everyone, which I can understand.
Nevertheless you should try it out, I personally don't want to miss it anymore.

Well, I'm gonna go make curry.

RonniweRonniwe 4 days ago
De las mejores fragancias que tengo, enfocada a verano. Un coco realmente espectacular. Para los amantes del coco os la recomiendo.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 3 months ago
Mouth-watering lime opening, settles into coconut sunscreen. Amazing in the summer heat!
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
B.2019. A simple fresh-citric Summer fragrance, balanced by a soft creamy sweet-floral base. Lacks performance. Way overhyped! Piña Colada??
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
5.5
Too much Hawaiian Tropic for me. Nice, but almost gimmicky.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Lime, coconut, white rum and sugar cane: it doesn't get more Caribbean than that. The vibe of summertime at the beach in a bottle.
KLewisKLewis 3 years ago
Smells like sun lotion to me, lots of coconut and lime only really appropriate for very hot weather.
EyedeanEyedean 3 years ago
One of the best (if not the best!) lime/coconut scents in the game! But beware! It’ll automatically set you in vacation/relax mode!

creed - virgin island water : caribbean summer bottled
by Michael0815
by Michael0815
by Achilles
by Achilles
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Kenshin
by Allesdufte
by Allesdufte

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Tabaróme Privé / Vintage Tabaróme by Creed