Virgin Island Water (2007)

Virgin Island Water by Creed

Top 33 in Unisex Perfume
Virgin Island Water is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesCoconut, Caribbean lime, White bergamot, Sicilian mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesHibiscus, Ginger, Ylang-ylang, Jasminum auriculatum
Base Notes Base NotesCaribbean sugar cane, Caribbean white rum, Tonkin musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.05.2020.

LOVELY SCENT
I love this fragrance. It's really bottled summer. The fragrance opens with a delicious citrus note, a lime that you can almost taste as if it were a summer drink. It is accompanied by coconut and an alcoholic note that make this fragrance delicious. Every time I smell the bottle, I'd like to take a drink. Whenever I use it, it brings me a feeling of happiness and relaxation, as if I were on the beach, under the shade of a palm tree, with no other worries than to look at the sea and enjoy.

And I don't Know why, but in my skin is really strong, with a lot of projection.
Summery elegance
Virgin Island Water is for me one of the founding fathers of the trend towards citric coconut scents in summer.

Soleil Blanc, Cool Water Intense and many others have jumped on this trend.

Rightly so! Br />
Like his countless conspecifics, VIW is absolutely unisex, striking without being provocative and very versatile. He is noble and casual in one, attractive and relaxed, serious and humorous
For summer nights he would be a little too cheerful and not very mysterious, but for the days and evenings he is perfect. Beautiful coconut, surrounded by lime and manderine, supported by very soft creamy spice and floral notes. Progression is only present in the sense that the fragrance gains some floral notes over time and the coconut note loses some of its dominance.

The shelf life is generally very good and the sillage is noticeable without mutating into a running Bounty chocolate bar.

I just can't quite decide between him and Soleil Blanc. Both a little different, but equal enough to own only one...

Oh, by the way, the bottle is typical Creed ;) Even though nobody expected anything else.
At the cocktail bar
I can't help but think it's a perfect imitation of pina colada. I could drink it right now.
After the first rush of lemony coconut freshness, a strong pineapple prevails. I clearly smell the rum, the musk probably provides a creamy rounding.

I must admit, I like a brew. However, the scent hardly changes. So you sit at a cocktail bar all day long. If you like it... ;-)

Itchynose
Put the lime in the coconut and you'll feel better
"Brother bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime,
His sister had another one she paid it for the lime."

– Harry Nilsson

I've always dreamt of faraway tropical islands, blue skies and cristalline turquoise waters under a Caribbean sun. I can almost picture a tanned version of myself rocking a shark tooth necklace and white linen shirt walking down a sandy beach without a care in the world. Since I live in a cold and rainy place you could call it a bad case of grass always being greener on the other side, wherever that side may be.

And what has this to do with Creed's Virgin Island Water? Well, there is little original I can add about the fragrance itself that hasn't been said by now. Boozy white rum, sweet sugar cane, fresh Antillean limes and fleshy coconut pulp will conjure up mojitos to some and suntan lotion to others, depending on where your personal preferences stand. To me, it's the scent of carefree holiday joy.

One day I may get off the couch and board a plane to warmer climates, until then I can only spray some Virgin Island Water and dream on.

"Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning..."
Rating Luxustrash
2.Holiday day: a day by the sea. And what better fragrance could there be than Creed Virgin Island Water? When I packed my perfume bag I had already sprayed it on and only harvested one of my friend's strained "Puuuuh", but now he has to go through; I want to test him on the beach.

After the bath bag is packed and the pale skin is thickly creamed, I place 2 timid sprayers on my wrist and décolleté. I like this fragrance, it was clear to me from the first time I smelled it. With his refreshing lime lemonade, the sweet coconut cream and the light plastic note, he also got the rating "Luxustrash", because as much as I try hard to get Caribbean feelings, which wouldn't be a problem because of the white, fine sandy beach, the cheerful sunshine and the unusually calm North Sea, a completely different scenery comes to my mind because of the olfactory background:

Outdoor pool Wanne-Eickel 1996. Jeanette, who has smeared herself thickly with coconut-containing tanning oil, lines up at the kiosk and buys a Calippo Fizz. Hm delicious, it is so hot that the ice becomes liquid faster than planned and when trying to drink the rest of the liquid from the pack, as the cool kids do, she misses her target and half of it runs over her chin and drips onto the swimsuit. What a bummer! Quickly into the chlorine water and wash off the sticky...She only jumps into the pool for a short time, when she reappears, the water rolls off her sun-oiled skin...

And I'm also not astonished when the scent of a refreshing swim in the sea smells and holds and holds and holds almost unchanged...until I shower it away in the evening together with the sun cream and last, stubbornly sticky grains of sand.

One thing is clear: Virgin Island Water polarises and is not a pleasing fragrance. One must clearly decide for him, then he spoils his carrier with unique limes and coconut flavors, no more and no less.
4.5
I don't like
FORWARD: The following text reflects my own experience and opinion about this fragrance!

Virgin Island Water had been on my 'watch list' for a long time and for years I wanted to test the fragrance because I liked it very much from the fragrances and I thought: It certainly smells really great! Well... I had never tested the scent, although I always had it in mind, until a few days ago, when I had put all my courage together and tested it.

The scent:
In the beginning beautiful citric but very pleasant citric and not full pot of lemon in your face as in Chanel allure homme edition blanche. After that a light coconut note is added but the citrus is still slightly present. After some time (at least with me) I got a full pot of coconut in your face, which made me nauseous! There was simply no trace of rum, flowers etc. with me, which I found very sad. I have to admit: The smell held on my skin (completely to my regret) very long and that despite repeated hand washing with soap.

Now who's wondering how? So that's it? Yes, I'm afraid it was! More than citric and coconut just didn't come to me. I really liked the top note and that although I'm not a fan of citric but here it was pleasant. When the coconut came through, I also found it pleasant in the beginning but the coconut became more and more violent, which I disliked very much, although I actually like coconut but it was just too much for me!

Actually I only wanted to give the fragrance a 4 but because of the pleasant citric note it became a half point more.

Many always claim that they have to think of holidays, beaches, etc. when smelling it. The only thing I thought about after a while was: Oh God, how do I get rid of the smell?

This isn't supposed to be Hate versus VIW! If you like strong coconut, you will definitely get your money's worth and for him this fragrance is an excellent choice but for me personally it was just too much.

The current cost (230€ for 100ml) I find in no way justified, even if the fragrance is very suitable for lovers of coconut very well, but that is definitely too much. For me personally this is not worth more than 120€ for 100ml. I'll never buy the scent! But the bottle, lid, spray head and packaging are pretty nice and a little piece of jewellery like you are used to from Creed.

I would have liked to have told you more about VIW but unfortunately (at least for me) there is no more to tell about it.

By the way: I can partly understand and partly not understand most of the ratings of official perfumeries about the fragrance. JA: Yes, more than citric and coconut just doesn't come. NO: The fragrance lasts only 1-2 hours. With me it stopped over 8 hours and was still very good, also in closer environment, perceptible. After a few hours I was asked: Did you do something with coconut? Although I had sprayed only 1x on my hand and had not re-sprayed!

NO, it wasn't a dupe, it was the real, original VIW from Creed!

Summer Dream
Background story:

I tried this one for the first time when I was at Neiman Marcus in San Francisco in April 2018. It was beautiful weather outside and I was on vacation. I heard about VIW and its tropical, vacation vibes before. So I wanted to try it and wear it that day.
Upon the initial spray I knew that I am going to like this one but I had some reviews in my mind that stated that the longevity is quite poor. In addition to that, the prices of CREEDs in the US are insanly high compared to Europe. So I decided to not buy this one back then, although I didn't find the longevity and sillage too bad on my skin.
Back in Germany, I was searching for a happy vacation scent the whole summer of 2018. In September 2018 I decided to purchase VIW, which actually happened in April 2019. Until now, I have worn it enough to give you my review of VIW.

Things about VIW that come in my mind:

- summer, vacation, beach, cocktails, fun time
- I would only wear it casually and in the summer time in public but I discovered that it is able to create those vacation vibes at cooler and rainy days as well. So if you want to enhance your mood, try it for your private pleasure at those days as well.
- I usually wear 5-7 sprays (2-4 on skin + 2-3 on clothes)
- My batch (18G01) starts very citrusy but has a nice coconut base.
- if you do not like the smell of coconut this one is most likely not the right summer scent for you.
- I do see only very small similarities with the smell of suntan lotions. The scent of VIW is much more refined and luxurious

Scent:
- starts on my skin with a very fresh and natural smelling lime and only a few nuances of coconut
- coconut becomes more prominent after 30min
- after 2h: lime fades away and a coconutty boozy scent stays for the dry down

subjective rating: 10
The scent is an absolute winner for me. I love VIW for the vibes that it creates and I am definately going to make a rebuy once my bootle is empty.
objective rating: 8
Although I absolutely love the scent, I have to admit that you are only going to like it, if you like coconut. I wouldn't suggest a blind buy, try it on your skin for longevity reasons as well.

Longevity:
Fortunately I don't have problems with the longevity on my skin (maybe I was lucky with the batch). Even after 9h I can still smell faint trances, if I put my nose close to the skin. Longevity on clothes is even better (+2h). But I can imagine this being different with other batches as well as other skin chemistries.

rating: 10 for a fresh scent (1point/50mins)

Sillage:
The sillage is great for the first 90 mins but then it starts to fade. I still smell sillage after 2h. I would say it becomes a skin scent after 2,5 ...3h.

rating: 7 (1point/25mins)

Bottle/Packaging:
I do like the CREED bottles/packaging but I don't find it very special compared to other niche brands.

rating: 6
Feuerfuchs
Summer fragrance to dream about your holiday in the South Seas
I'm a fan of scents that make me remember a nice vacation back. My favourite holiday fragrances at the moment are the "SoCal" by Hollister and the "Jazz Club" by Replica. Here you can find such soft notes that you start dreaming about your holiday.
But this time I wanted to go in a different direction. Wanted to smell a little fresher. But still always keep a holiday flair with me. I came across the VIW while I was browsing. And I was directly thrilled. I can't remember exactly when I smelled him for the first time. But for a long time I wasn't sure if he was something for me.....because I don't like a penetrating coconut pulp note. The same goes for vanilla. There are scents that smell so strong after a time in the base that I don't like it anymore. So my fear was that Virgin would get on my nerves at some point. And the scent is not even a cheap one. It should be well considered this time so I sniffed the scent every now and then as soon as a possibility arose.
At some point a nice saleswoman brought me a small sample of Virgin and the day for testing came closer. It should be the Easter fire in our town. It was not so warm now that you could stand in a T-shirt but until evening it was quite bearable in the shirt. No midsummer but the mood was already there for me;)
Now for the scent I sprayed on myself with pleasure.
In the beginning a nice light lime note appears immediately. Not prickly, but very soft. Great tuned because directly in the appendix comes a very light warm breeze of coconut after.
One if the smell remains so wonderful and the fresh constant remains I find the wonderful.
And that's the way it should stay. He was not weakened by the fresh and the coconut note was not dominant strong. Perfect...
I don't clearly smell other fragrance nuances, but it's not so important to me either. Because it smells exactly the way I wished it to.
Later, when I was home again, I was still surrounded by such a wonderful fresh as the whole evening accompanying. I loved the smell from that moment on.
So the shelf life was given over several hours and the Sillage was very good. Not disturbing to my friends, but not inattentive either.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any fragrance that smells so discreetly like coconut and is so fresh and clean at the same time. Unfortunately because the smell is as just mentioned no cheaper.
The bottle is beautiful. Retains the typical Creed design. With blue accents to reflect the water of the Caribbean.
I was thinking for a long time whether I should buy it, but I have decided for it and do not regret it at all. Especially on evenings in summer for outdoors I find the scent perfect. I'm already looking forward to being able to wear the scent again and at the same time to dream languishing on my South Sea holiday.
FabianO
Head cinema name, Roland Kaiser and a pleasant, superficial citrus coconut freshling
Slipped. Although already 12 years old, I didn't notice this Creed so far somehow and only by the monstrously high evaluations here it was noticeable recently with the Rumscrollen.

What do you want me to say? A burden to write a commi directly after Catch22 (which we both had several times before). Then you always have to sweep up a bunch of chat shards and I sometimes feel like the "relativator" :-)

In a nutshell - I can't quite understand the hype of points here either, but I would beware of practicing tarring and feathering here. Without question - the name of the smell lets a marketingklug head cinema run off, whereby alone the little word Virgin might have made here or other journeymen hibbelig. The whole thing combined with "Iceland", and already we are at Roland Kaiser's "Santa Maria". Dripping kitschy Schlager, which I got however - I confess it - since childhood earworm-like imposed and which in the head already constructs a horny cliché atmosphere.

If you pull off all these paradise-virgin-white-beach-suckeries, you will have an entertaining, pleasant, refreshing-nice, summer-scent-changing between citrus and mild coconut. No more, no less. Not very ingenious, little depth, a terrible durability and dreary Sillage. And yet a friendly smelling boy for the dog days and around.

His hellos much money unquestionably not worth, in my closet stands half a dozen ideally fresh summer scents around; but who just would like to have the coconut in addition and his account full to bursting, may treat himself to a bottle and maybe play "Santa Maria" or "Conquest of Paradise" or "Eldorado", then we would also be musically on the right cliché latitudes.
The Summer "Gem"
Yes Virgin Island Water is different, yet so familiar!

He picks up different fruits/flavours, which one actually associates with summer without hesitation, and stirs them together to a magical pulp of lime, coconut and rum.

At the beginning you notice lime and coconut very clearly, the summer greets. I imagine a beach promenade, well-trained basketball players, sexy women, a cocktail bar (the salesman wears a Hawaii shirt), people lying in the sun and applying thick sun cream.
If you know the song Summer Jam from the Underdog Project I think you know exactly what I have in mind when the top note starts.

In the further course, the lime is placed at the back and coconut, rum and floral notes occupy the playing field. From now on the fragrance is no longer all too much.
In the base some sugar and musk is added.

I really had trouble reaching for him at the beginning, because I was afraid of smelling of sun cream and therefore could not really consider him a perfume.
But if you give him a chance to convince you, he will. Virgin is simply unique and provides its wearer with many compliments!

Everyone who is looking for a summer scent should have tried this one here.
Please do not spray on and draw a conclusion based on the top note or fewer occasions. Test it extensively and the sunscreen association will unfold its magic.

In this sense:

This ain't nothing but a summer "gem"
we're gonna turn them heads as much as we can ;)

KingPinKingPin 16 months ago
5.5
Too much Hawaiian Tropic for me. Nice, but almost gimmicky.
ItchynoseItchynose 16 months ago
Lime, coconut, white rum and sugar cane: it doesn't get more Caribbean than that. The vibe of summertime at the beach in a bottle.
KLewisKLewis 21 months ago
Smells like sun lotion to me, lots of coconut and lime only really appropriate for very hot weather.
EyedeanEyedean 24 months ago
One of the best (if not the best!) lime/coconut scents in the game! But beware! It’ll automatically set you in vacation/relax mode!

creed - virgin island water : caribbean summer bottled
by Felsn
Virgin Island Meadows
by Jasmine87
by Jasmine87
by Anarlan
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Costarico
by Costarico
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
Man beachte das Creed-Ambiente im Hintergrund - passend zur Verpackung  :-)
by Alöx
by Kenshin
by Allesdufte
by Allesdufte

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed