Virgin Island Water (2007)

Virgin Island Water by Creed
Virgin Island Water (Creed)

Virgin Island Water is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCoconut pulp, Lime of the Antilles, White bergamot, Sicilian mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesHibiscus, Ginger, Ylang-ylang, Indian jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesSugar cane of the Antilles, White rum of the Antilles, Tonkin musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.02.2019

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Fentanyl among fragrances
You get addicted to Virgin Island Water. The way Creed manages to get the coconut across is unique. I catch myself inhaling this scent in a permanent state when I apply it. Personally I have not yet smelled a fragrance that defines ''relaxation'' as VIW.
The citric beginning remains shy and does not want to let the wearer jump into the water but shows that we are at the beach of the island. Surrounded by coconut palms on a hot summer's day, the seductive air of coconut and hibiscus is ignited. Under a palm tree you have made yourself comfortable and enjoy the sweet scent of a light breeze. Is complete satisfaction too much to ask? No, you close your eyes and set your soul free.
Bottle 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
What a scent :)
Yesterday I got a bottling of this fragrance, which I liked very much only from the description. The fragrance package was already a revelation and a sniff at the TZ gave me the feeling that this little fragrance will surely be found in my collection soon.

Today I put the test to the test: YESSS, it smells just as good on me as on the atomizer and on the test strip!!!
I can't satirize myself - "VIW" started fresh and lively with a lot of citric helloooo and then slowly turned into an elegant, light, non-intrusive fragrance. I feel a little reminded of the scent of a delicious butter bread with sugar - a scent of my childhood. but at VIW with something fine, feminine adults in it.
Virgin Long Island will not be a scent for every day, no, it demands something special for me. An occasion like a birthday of good friends, a walk on the beach with my sweetheart on a warm summer night, a dinner in an elegant setting, a wedding, etc.

All in all, this fragrance is on my wish list and will surely make some occasions even more beautiful for me
LG
Fannfan
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Sun lotion vibe, not for me
First spray and all I could smell was the scent of sun lotion which to me isn't an unpleasant smell, but not what I want from a fragrance, especially at this price, but after a while I could start to smell the individual notes and it was great. The coconut, lime and the rum compliment each other so well but the fragrance somehow still smells creamy. Nothing really changes on the dry down, the scent just becomes slightly drier and muskier and turns back to a more sun lotion type vibe.

I'd wear this if I were on a holiday, somewhere exotic, but for I can't get the sun lotion vibe out of my head. This fragrance is the typical fresh and really well made style that Creed goes for, but it's the first Creed I've tried that hasn't made me want to use it again.
Bottle 9.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
no pina colada.
Unfortunately I have to contradict many perfumos here, because ViW does not smell like Pina Colada for me... After all, I am a kind of hobby beard tender and like to mix drinks together. For a Pina Colada here the pineapple is missing (Pina = Pineapple & Colada = roughly sifted). Lime would be superfluous for a drink, too. Because pineapple juice gives the acidity to the drink and the coconut puree sweetens it as a balance.

I tested it on the weekend (after reading ViW here in the forum). The title is not a criticism but merely a statement. Because I think the fragrance is really beautiful and masterfully successful. That's why I have nothing to criticize. Even the bottle is elegant and beautiful.

Although coconut paste is in the top note, I had trouble noticing it. After spraying on the lime I mainly noticed it, but that's nothing bad if you love limes like me. These are anyway essential for a bar to make the link short again. Due to the comments I searched for the coconut in the fragrance and was deceived in the beginning, because I expected (why always) an artificial or strong coconut fragrance. But the coconut scent in ViW is more natural and lighter for my sensation, so of course I never noticed the scent I expected
Later, the delicious rum note and cane sugar are added. So the fragrance suggests a perfect picture of summer, sun, beach and cocktails... Island Life at its finest! Pure Caribbean feeling. Because in the tropical islands rum is of course the main ingredient for cocktails. By the way, the Tiki Cocktails (e.g. Zombie, Mai Tai etc.) have their origin not in Polynesia but in the USA. However, the inventors were naturally inspired by Polynesia and the Caribbean. But enough of that.

The scent kept me good 8h if I remember correctly. Unfortunately I can't really judge about the Sillage, because I wasn't in any crowds and only sprayed a splash on my wrist. I find the name chosen excellently for a tasty fragrance that almost sprays Caribbean feeling
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Nomination
Well, a Creed after all. After I was personally disappointed by the Aventus, expressed this also publicly in the middle of the perfumery and thus the world of the 17-year-old trainee working there collapsed (o-tone...Waaaaaaas?..he is the hammer!!!????) now the next smell of the probably most current commercial niche brand.
That a teenager gets stunned when you dare not find such a hyped part good, also tells me that maybe I am too old for it.

Be that as it may, this is not about Aventus, but about Virgin Island Water and I became curious about it, because I found its ingredients extremely appealing, it's just pretty hot in Germany and I haven't finished my search for summer scents for a long time.

But since it is not so easy to go to a perfumery and test every Creed as you like, I ordered a bottling in this forum for the first time. Love to Darla, who was so nice and supplied me Ratz Fatz :)

Virgin Island Water is nominated and is a member of the perfume world championship squad (my wish list)

Here are excerpts from the press conference.....

Viktor Vetiver (RTL): Why ViW?
now Schoork: I still needed someone who can be used universally and who also shows himself in difficult conditions!

Bernhard Bergamotte (Sat1): What qualities does ViW?
have? Schoork: I see his good endurance of 5-6h as a plus and you don't immediately smell what he is up to. He's putting his stamp on it, though!
Lena Lavendel (woman in the mirror): I especially like his style, how would you describe him?
Schoork: Summer, sun, sunshine and pure Caribbean!
Peter Patchouli (WAZ): What are its properties?
Schoork: I have to say that I already perceive his coconut permanently, wrapped in limes, makes the whole thing creamy and round. A little bit of rum, just light and we have a great mixture that will take us far!
Markus Moschus (star): Aren't you afraid of being called a pussy?
Schoork: No, and I don't think I look like that either. I'm sure there's something more masculine, but this is definitely unisex
Schoork: Summer, sun, sunshine and pure Caribbean..I didn't already say that?
Norbert Neroli (FAZ): What do you say about the price?
Schoork: Pride!
Thorsten Tabak (Playboy): What do you say to people who don't know him?
Schoork: Absolutely look and be convinced. Once it's on your neck, you'll see its benefits!

Rudi Rose (Hörzu): What are your expectations?
Schoork: That he will stay with me for a long time and develop fully. For that I will give in reasonable time!
Schoork: Summer....Age!
Mike Moos (picture): Can we write that you are horny on him?
Schoork: Better write enthusiastically!

Schoork: Fresse!

If there are no more questions, I will post them in the attached forums.

Lena Lavendel (woman in the mirror): Uhhh.....
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Vacation in a bottle
I have worn this several times and it is a compliment getter. Vacation in a bottle describes this fragrance. Coconut and rum are the dominant notes and the dry down is spectacular. As with any Creed, the longevity is not the best, but is always good to carry a decant to freshen up through out the day.
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Lime, Rum & Coconut...
This is one I liked instantly. A lovely fragrance which transitions between all the stages, going from tropical and fresh to gourmand and woody. I cannot fault it for smell. Just a wonderful experience on skin.

Virgin Island Water is my second fragrance from the house of Creed. I must say I am not disappointed. I get fresh lime and a very authentic rum note (imagine any kind of rum you like, this fragrance is true to the note). That sweet, sugary, boozy smell mixed with the fresh lime, which then transitions into a beautifully juicy coconut heart, before going into a creamy coconut base.

All in all, a great experience! I believe fragrances should make us happy, and this one succeeds. Ultimately, I think it's a fragrance which should be tried on skin throughout the day, to get the full impression. For me it's a great smell and a good overall fragrance. The smell of great memories in faraway places full of happiness and sunshine. I'm impressed!
Tiki Tropical
Virgin Island Water opens with a sort of citric-musky accord juxtaposed to creamy-gourmandish notes (ylang) with a tropical vibe (coconut), then sandalwood, ginger and a light floral breeze. Surely reminding of sea overall, but in a thicker, “watery-milky” way rather than predictably “calone-ozonic”. Surprisingly, it’s not bad at all: it is fresh in a rather round, rich and pleasant way, with a really peculiar and nice feel of silky, refreshing and realistic creaminess enhanced by a quite faithful and appealing fruity tropical vibe. A sort of zesty, invigorating “Tiki gourmand” mood, somehow making me think of a tropical ice cream. Still, sadly I also get a persistent and rather annoying astringent citric note which smells exactly like any mosquito repellent, as it happens in many cheap quality citrus scents. The evolution is close to nothing, meaning that as hours pass Virgin becomes just slightly drier and muskier, finally landing on a citric-musky drydown which features just less freshness and less creaminess than the initial stages. In my opinion, citrus-tropical scents are quite a tricky field: it must not be easy to make one that doesn’t end up in smelling either dull and generic or cheap. This quite nails it on the contrary, managing to be fairly distinctive in a way, and with a nice quality of notes, except that mosquito thing. It’s still basically an enhanced version of any sea-citrus-tropical fragrance, but still it’s better than most of them, at least for what I have tried. The “tropical” side especially is particularly nice. Not bad for being a Creed... but still, all considered, surreally overpriced.

6-6,5/10
Scent 6.0/10
Carribean Queen or King
A smooth but confident lime water floats on a backdrop of unsweetened green coconut water. Perfectly unisex, this is one of Creed's most versatile affairs, perfect for day or might in hot weather climates. The sillage is low to moderate, especially for Creed- this is light weight and sheer. It last for about 4-6 hours and then fades away into a creamy, simple unsweetened coconut flesh musk. I can live with out owning it, but we had a lovely evening together.
Scent 7.0/10
Tanned Skin, White Clothes, Shell accents
With sun-kissed skin, highlights in your hair, manicured toes and white shell jewelry, a turquoise statement necklace and a tank, plus VIRGIN ISLAND WATER and your summer is perfect. Lime-dusted without being a citrus scent, I love wearing this in summer only, and I want my man doused in it, too. Summer sex without the mess of sand and without smelling like a teen or a bottle of suntan lotion.
Scent 6.0/10
Tropical Island Scent...
This is what Calypso Homme should have smelled like. Virgin Island Water is a pleasant tropical coconut scent with hints of lime. Limited as to where you can wear it (maybe a tropical island vacation?), but well-made and very pleasant smelling. I can't give this a thumbs up due to its limited usefulness and it is not really my cup of tea, but if you are looking for a high quality tropical scent and money is no object, Virgin Island Water is a good choice with a rating of 3 stars out of 5.
jtd
Holiday fantasy
Virgin Island Water wants to convey "tropical." It doesn't smell so much like the Carribean as it does a Brit on holiday in the Carribean.  It doesn't smell like coconuts and warm weather flowers.  It smells like mojitos, piña coladas and suntan lotion (that's the anscestor of sunblock to you kids.) I smell VIW and I visualize the stereotypical holiday traveller.  The pasty skin turning red and the oddly conceived shorts, socks and shoes combinations.

Another risk of the piña colada flavor is that it can evoke the scent of fabric softener.  Where Angel might be able to pull off the edible/poisonous contradiction, VIW can't.  But then again, I don't like piña coladas. The irony (well, one irony) of this perfume is that the cloying aspects would be magnified if worn in a hot, humid location, the Virgin Islands for instance.

Despite the build up to the 2012 Olympics I feel that England itself needs no PR.  Does GB really need Creed, then, to export its equivalent to the ugly American, the holiday traveller with visions of 007 dancing in his head?
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Neither a Bad Cocktail, Nor a Suntan Lotion Facsimile
Creed VIRGIN ISLAND WATER features the tell-tale Creed "water" (perhaps deuterium oxide?) base but then throws enough interesting natural elements in--and at sufficient concentrations--that I find this particular water quite wearable and even appealing as a casual hot weather cologne.

VIRGIN ISLAND WATER is a unique coconut-based fragrance in that it is not gourmand. Somehow the coconut serves to impart a creamy texture without turning the composition into suntan lotion--the usual excess of coconut-rich fragrances, at least in my experience.

Instead, the citrus opening abides, mingling with the coconut from the opening and through to the drydown as the florals enter into the mix. But this is a far cry from the monoi-type fragrance that one might have expected--or feared (given the coconut note)--and so is suitable for both women and men.

Happily, even the rum and the sugar notes are light enough to keep VIRGIN ISLAND WATER from winding up in the land of "bad cocktail" frags. This is an enjoyable, nongourmand yet still tropical scent which I would certainly wear, if I had a bottle.

KingPin 3 days ago
Too much Hawaiian Tropic for me. Nice, but almost gimmicky.
Scent 5.5
Itchynose 18 days ago
Lime, coconut, white rum and sugar cane: it doesn't get more Caribbean than that. The vibe of summertime at the beach in a bottle.+1
Longevity 8.0
Scent 9.5
KLewis 172 days ago
Smells like sun lotion to me, lots of coconut and lime only really appropriate for very hot weather.
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 6.0
Scent 6.0
Eyedean 8 months ago
One of the best (if not the best!) lime/coconut scents in the game! But beware! It’ll automatically set you in vacation/relax mode!
Scent 9.0

by Nandini
by Nandini
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
Man beachte das Creed-Ambiente im Hintergrund - passend zur Verpackung  :-)
by Alöx
by Kenshin
by Allesdufte
by Allesdufte

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Tabarome Millésime by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed