Virgin Island Water 2007

Virgin Island Water by Creed
Top 59 in Unisex Perfume
Virgin Island Water is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Monoï Eau des Vahinés (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesCoconutCoconut Caribbean limeCaribbean lime White bergamotWhite bergamot Sicilian mandarin orangeSicilian mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesHibiscusHibiscus GingerGinger Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang Jasminum auriculatumJasminum auriculatum
Base Notes Base NotesCaribbean sugar caneCaribbean sugar cane Caribbean white rumCaribbean white rum Tonkin muskTonkin musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.05.2022.

Piña colada
Dear fragrance friends and girlfriends,

when I first became aware of this fragrance I was first quite curious, but when testing the first time the anticipation was also gone very quickly again.

Initially, I like it a little better, it plays lime and bergamot with the coconut in harmony. But in the drydown, the tide then turns very quickly.
The citrus notes quickly clear the place opposite the sweet.
What remains is a strong radiating sweet coconut. I just smell sugar cane here and especially that penetrating coconut.
I was right in the flashback, in the bathroom of an old friend, she is Brazilian and there everything smelled of exactly this coconut scent. Everywhere quite a few skin creams and shower gels reflecting exactly this smell.

There are good components used here, no question.
The sillage and durability are very good.
But to market this fragrance as unisex I think is nonsense, certainly just to double the potential buyer base.
A man who would like to smell so feminine the should do that with pleasure, but please not in my neighborhood. I get a headache in the long run from this fragrance.

If you want to have a whole train compartment for yourself, I recommend this fragrance 4-5 times before boarding to apply
*Polarizing*
- Is the keyword here! Creed VIW you can only hate or love, nothing in between. At least that's the experience I had. The projection is overwhelming and the sweet coconut cocktail stands out without fail, no matter how filled the room is, everyone will know when YOU enter it. Really everyone.
Another phenomenon I've noticed with VIW is that I notice it on myself forever. I typically tend to quickly not be able to smell scents on myself - this is completely different here, and coupled with the ultra-specific scent, also quickly becomes a bit unpleasant, especially if you've ever applied 'n splash too much. This property ensures with me that I can apply this Creed only extremely rarely.

The fact is: Who wears VIW will undoubtedly stand out, no matter what scents otherwise envelop the room.
Coco Love
One of the best fragrances for the summer.
Fresh and a touch Gourmandig.
I would call the typical beach fragrance.
In addition, a Cuba Libre or a Caipirinha and let the soul dangle.
This Creed is with me at the front of the summer fragrance cabinet.
Boenne1987
Heavy but high quality coconut
I stood once again in the perfumery and looked around for a new great fragrance, I reached as so often before in the shelf with the Creedflakons, sprayed me VIW on my wrist and looked further.
After about an hour of sniffing I decided on DURO by Nasomatto, yes I really liked it.
My girlfriend and I back to the car and off home. On the whole drive the coconut rose in my nose and I started to like it, well arrived home I tested my grad purchased DURO and I was very happy with it. A few days later we were with friends, the lady of the house had a fragrance lamp in the living room with a coconut scent in it..... Of course I immediately thought of Virgin Island Water and somehow knew I had to go the next day to buy it. No sooner said than done, the next morning I got in the car and went to the perfumery I trust. Without testing I took the package from the shelf, went to the cashier and paid.
Back home I sprayed it on and was satisfied.
After some time bothered me what at the fragrance, the coconut was always and almost alone very present, that was also ok but somehow this fragrance has an undertone that gives me a slight headache and what I was not really satisfied. The next time I took only 2 spritz what me completely sufficient.
I find the fragrance quite strong, he has a good shelf life of 7-8 hours with me. Whether I would buy it again? No I think not, it is a fragrance I use only very sparingly at 30 degrees and more, at these temperatures he is nice but when it is colder I feel him as annoying and partly maybe even a bit penetrating for the wearer! Outsiders people seem to perceive him as pleasant as I could hear it out.
Little magic
Ingredients Mojito:
4 cls white rum
1 lime (juice)
2 tsp sugar
60 ml soda (or mineral water with a lot of carbonic acid)
Add ice cubes
3 stalks of mint

Yes, that fits.

All said about this fragrance. Sweet but not sticky. Coconut but not synthetic.
Unisex, because in the course more tart. (But fortunately with me not too tart, as with other attempts)
What can I say, applied, had half the day around me: he makes me happy.
Unexcited, with a sillage that envelops me sufficiently - wait, I just have to re-spray go..

so, back again....

Conclusion, I must have this one, which again takes ne ne ne slice off the bank balance.

But that is for me also the only unpleasant scent in this composition :-)

Sex under palm trees
In addition to flagship Aventus, the quite successful green-blissful Irish and the tangy Viking Creed has another wonderfully beautiful summer fragrance in their collection. It is to go today around Virgin Island Water, the noble summer cocktail that invites to seduce.

Virgin Island Water starts with a tangy, creamy lime that first draws you into the setting - vacation, expensive vacation. Already at the beginning VIW smells incredibly high quality and noble, if then the coconut dazugesellt, arises a seductive summer cocktail that wants to be enjoyed.

The fragrance has no hurry and lets everything go very slowly, the course is relatively linear, the coconut becomes more dominant hintenraus.

VIW would like to invite you to go this stimulating thought journey, to lie under the palm trees and enjoy - So virgin as the name suggests it is not the fragrance - despite the cocktail note, it is not at all playful, but in places even more distinguished than one might have expected.

Great summer all-rounder with sophistication and good quality, which for once was not dead-bathed. Also a blind buy candidate!
A trip to the Seychelles
Unlike coconut in food, I'm not really a fan of coconut in cosmetics or perfume. After once, twice using and smelling I then also usually already passes the desire for further times, I'm annoyed, I find it too penetrating, synthetic, too much, too strong ...

With Virgin Island Water, I am immediately beamed to the Seychelles. White beaches, turquoise sea, waves, sea breeze, a pina colada and a mojito as a welcome cocktail in the hotel, wet hair, freshly showered, a blowing dress - all these are associations that come to me when wearing this wonderful fragrance. At the very beginning, I smell very strongly a clear, fresh lime with a freshly sliced coconut, which is then later enveloped by a very smooth, soft rum coconut. I find this combination incredibly delicious and never too overbearing or heavy-handed; on the contrary, I find the scent very elegant and flattering. On my skin, it lasts for a good 6-7 hours. Luckily I still have a few drops left from my bottling, but it's already landed on my wishlist.
Mojito refreshment or: Suddenly I like coconut
I was really skeptical when I pulled this scent out of a sample packet: I must have read somewhere that Virgin Island Water is a coconut scent. And although I love eating (or drinking) coconut, I actually always find it annoying as a scent. So I braced myself for the worst case scenario: cheap coconut sunscreen that knocks you out at 10 yards.

This scent is the opposite. Coconut is there right at the start, but it's not coconut sunscreen and it's not hair conditioner. The aforementioned Pina Colada fits the bill nicely, completely homemade from fresh ingredients of course. It doesn't push itself loudly to the forefront, nor is it the first thing I smell. It's the lime, and with it comes the rum right from the start. i think of mojito and look into the scents. Indeed: lime, rum, cane sugar, all there for the summer refreshing cocktail.
The initial effervescence decreases with time, but does not go away completely. Instead, more and more creaminess comes through, as if it were evening in the cocktail bar, while flowers discreetly exude their fragrance. And if you're thinking "I don't want to smell like alcohol, sticky stains on wooden tables", you're thinking of the wrong kind of cocktail bar. This one is quiet, beautiful and understated. There's soft music playing and the waves crashing in the background. We're on the beach of course, didn't I mention that? There is a lot of white being worn, and the conversations of the other patrons are just a low murmur. The word noble immediately comes to mind.

I like this scent. For me, the initial effervescence and freshness could last longer, but even so it is insanely summery and delicious. Which I'm sure is because the coconut doesn't play the main role, but stays in the background. I get to drink the mojito while pina colada is being prepared at the bar. I'm looking forward to the summer.
Nic0
Summer catapult from the bottle
I dedicate my first comment to the first niche fragrance I came into contact with - Creed Virgin Island Water. It was the first sharing in which I had participated here, full of anticipation I expected a few days after the end of the sharing the postman, fished the fragrance mail from my mailbox and sprayed me the fragrance to test on the forearm. The first impression: good. No more and no less.

In my first few months on Parfumo, it has manifested itself to me that a niche fragrance is usually superior to a designer. So my expectations were very high and the initially rock-solid fragrance almost disappointing, I had expected something extremely special, which immediately blows me away. This experience was to repeat itself a few times in the future, until I understood that a niche fragrance is first of all also "just" a fragrance and moves in a certain spectrum. So it doesn't matter how expensive, special or exclusive a fragrance is, it will initially strike you positively or negatively and probably not unfold its full potential, more on that in a moment.
After now the first preference was fixed, I processed my "shock" and again got involved in the fragrance, I made my experience with a second phenomenon, which I have already witnessed on the sidelines from the audio and Hifi area. When changing audio equipment, such as new speakers or headphones, many people swear by what is called "playing in" and "listening in". Thereby the sound should be distorted by (too) high expectations at the beginning and after a few hours of listening you should be able to hear the full potential. The more fragrances moved in with me, the more often I applied fragrances and the more often I tried to form a judgment, the more I also perceived this phenomenon in relation to fragrances.

So it came that I liked the initially found good fragrance in the following days steadily better and I regularly sprayed it on my forearm even just in the evening to enjoy it. But why did I do this? To answer that, more days and weeks had to pass before I realized what it was about this scent that ultimately fascinated me. With each molecule of scent I inhaled, I was catapulted to a certain place or a beautifully specific situation in the height of summer last year. It's a bit like smelling sunscreen in the dead of winter, the big difference here though is that while I have actually applied sunscreen with its own scent in a particular situation, I have never smelled this particular combination of scents in such a form before. I was all the more surprised that not only I am transported into a certain summer setting, but also many other Parfumo members who associate the scent with summer beaches, sunsets and pina colada.

Even if to the fragrance itself has already been said by many, much more practiced noses something, I would like to lose for the sake of completeness also a few sentences about it.
When first spraying on comes a neat coconut cloud with a very tangy lime against. The lime pulls back increasingly in the course of the fragrance, but fulfills a in my opinion a very important purpose, as it stands opposite the coconut as a counterpart and thereby neutralizes the sweetness. On my skin I am very satisfied with the perfomance, depending on the day I perceive the scent between 6-8 hours well, on my clothes it is always perceivable when smelling closer even in the evening. For me, an all-round successful fragrance that I no longer want to miss.

Thank you for reading my first comment and I look forward to constructive criticism and interesting comments.
Tini1980
After a hot summer day..
After a hot day at the lake quickly home, off in the shower, and wrapped in a casual outfit and this hammer fragrance off in the convertible to the party.... that is for me the perfect occasion for Virgin Island Water.
i love this soft refreshment that the fragrance brings, the soft noble coconut scent and the association with vacation and sea?

That said, I really like wearing it on colder days too, especially on a scarf I love smelling it after a day or two, the scent is distinctive but becomes wonderfully soft and very gentle!

Today I have afforded with the bottle for the third time and will do it again ?

PedroCabralPedroCabral 1 month ago
Delicious! It has a very creamy lemon, with notes of coconut in the mix. Excellent for hot climates.
Connoisseur6Connoisseur6 4 months ago
Sadly doesn't work for me. The coconut is a note that I cannot handle, too many bad memories w/ Malibu... But it's a well-made fragrance!
Arman038Arman038 4 months ago
A fragrance that smells exactly like the Malibu drink. Definetly unisex.
TuxedoManTuxedoMan 5 months ago
PERFECT exotic desert tropic island piña colada in a bottle. The scent of a tropical Summer Vacation.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 9 months ago
Scent of vacations - it's a drink with Malibu, lime and rich handful of brown sugar. Spray it, close your eyes and you're laying on a beach
RonniweRonniwe 1 year ago
De las mejores fragancias que tengo, enfocada a verano. Un coco realmente espectacular. Para los amantes del coco os la recomiendo.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 year ago
Mouth-watering lime opening, settles into coconut sunscreen. Amazing in the summer heat!
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
B.2019. A simple fresh-citric Summer fragrance, balanced by a soft creamy sweet-floral base. Lacks performance. Way overhyped! Piña Colada??
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
5.5
Too much Hawaiian Tropic for me. Nice, but almost gimmicky.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Lime, coconut, white rum and sugar cane: it doesn't get more Caribbean than that. The vibe of summertime at the beach in a bottle.

creed - virgin island water : caribbean summer bottled
by Michael0815
by Michael0815
by Achilles
by Achilles
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Giggs1980
by Allesdufte
by Allesdufte

Popular by Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed