Viking Cologne 2021

Viking Cologne by Creed
Viking Cologne is a new perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by BlackRock.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Mandarin orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Geranium, Nutmeg, Rosemary, Sage
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Frankincense, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Vetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.05.2021.

Ischgelroi
A really great new men's fragrance from Creed, if there wasn't one problem
This morning I received my bottling of Viking Cologne. The fragrance is now since 8.30 clock on my skin, so it may be that I will still make an adjustment in the durability rating.

Let's briefly discuss the scent: Viking Cologne has the typical spicy notes from the regular Viking. The difference from Viking Cologne is mainly the much stronger citrusy DNA. The pepper has been significantly reduced here. In the heart note, the rose has been almost completely removed. The further course is similar to the normal Viking also the base note as far as I can already evaluate this is also similar but somewhat milder.

The big advantage of Viking Cologne I see quite particularly with young people. Some was the normal Viking too old-fashioned with the dominant rose and pepper and lavender. Viking Cologne is much more modern and will also appeal to the clientele of an Aventus or Aventus Colognes. Viking Cologne I can recommend to anyone who is looking for an alternative to Aventus or Aventus Cologne with more rough edges and more spiciness.

The Big disadvantage is unfortunately again the durability: after a little more than 4 hours, the scent is already relatively weak. I hardly think that Viking Cologne will create over 6 hours. Here, of course, you can say is only a cologne a fresh scent. But there are fragrances from Xerjoff, Roja, Terenzi and also Louis Vuitton which offer better performance.

I'm not sure yet whether I will buy a bottle of Viking Cologne.

Great flanker!
I must admit that I always liked the original Viking (while everyone rushed to bash it). So, of course, I like this one too. However, this one is a lot better blended and has similar scene scent profile just more summer appropriate (as the original was a bit too heavy for warm months). I get the same mint impression from geranium and same deep spicy rose impression from pink pepper. The woods in the base a lot of smoother and lighter which might be a welcomed change if the original Viking was too harsh for you in the dry down. Give it a try, wear it on your skin (as you should with all Creeds) and even if you didn't like the original Viking, chances are you will come round and buy a full bottle of this!!! All Creeds are expensive and buying them is a matter of personal taste and budget. :)

Viking Cologne
My sample arrived yesterday morning and I have given this fragrance 1 full wearing. From the moment I sprayed this onto my skin, I was immediately reminded of Terre D’Hermes with the mandarin orange/vetiver combination but this is done in standard Creed fashion which results in a much more fresh summer-friendly alternative to TdH and IMO, better. This smells more vibrant and realistic albeit not original but this does seem to have more development than TdH as it transitions into Viking in the dry down. Smells fantastic and a lot more contemporary than the original Viking. Anybody who is considering purchasing TdH in the near future (and has some money lol), I recommend you give this a try before you pull the trigger. Projection and longevity are the same as Aventus Cologne to my nose but it’s hard to judge from a sample sprayer. Will last the work day, I’m sure.
AnjaTom
Viking Cologne - the better Viking?
Hello dear friends of the good smell.
I would like to dedicate my first words to the perfumery Brückner who have kindly sent me this fragrance as a sample! MEGA thank you for this!

To the fragrance itself:
Starts neatly peppery and citrusy, fresh kick pure!
The pepper is, however, in the course quite quickly calmed by the lavender and reduced to a pleasant level. Rosemary sage and nutmeg form the balancing base to this initial "Pepper-Citrus-Blast".
The base I feel quite atypical for Creed. Here the wood comes in combination with the vetiver start to emerge. As I said, different, but not necessarily worse....

With his fresh colleagues Aventus Cologne one could recognize quite quickly after application that he is an Aventus descendant!
I feel differently here. in the first 2 hour reminds almost nothing of the original Viking (patchouli rose mint mix) what I personally do not find bad.

The Änlichkeiten I pass out I have already mentioned:
- Midsummer Dream, Oligarch, TdH and Percival Vibes....
Somewhere in between, just as a rough estimate!

The more he then goes into the DD the more can then be recognized despite different notes the parallels to Viking. I have unfortunately the original Viking no longer to "Referenzriechen" there, but one notices here the connection of the two already...however, not as strongly as with Aventus and Aventus Cologne.

Worth a purchase? I think so, but as with Aventus Cologne not to the retrieved UVL of 255€. If the price has settled times, then YES!

Another word about the durability and the sillage - with me really good! Got him yesterday at 16 o'clock on it and the whole after smelled! Here really done a great job!
Just my 2 cents!

by AnjaTom
by AnjaTom
by MarF
by MarF

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed