Cuba Gold Eau de Toilette

Cuba Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba
Cuba Gold (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cuba for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Fragluxe.

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepperPink pepper GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesVetiverVetiver LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla AmberAmber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.03.2022.

The price-performance king
When I still lack a few euros to the free shipping in my online perfumery of confidence a few weeks ago, I just go through my wish list - "there will eventually still find something good" I think to myself.
The view falls directly on the Cuba Gold.
Cheap, good reviews - so purely with it in the shopping cart.
When the package is then a few days later in front of the door are first unpacked the other fragrances, extremely high expectations of the Cuba Gold I have - also because of the price - certainly not.
When he is then the last, directly the first surprise: The bottle feels not even so cheap.
I also like the shape very much. It is modeled on that Cuban cigarillo, for which the island south of Florida is so famous (The tobacco is, after the sugar, the second largest export of the small country).
I like the smell of the Cuba Gold right away. He is spicy but not too aggressive, masculine, also a certain sweetness resonates for my sensation.
The durability is surprisingly high, with me I take him ca.7 hours was. The silage, however, is ehr weaker, he remains very close to the body.
Overall, the Cuba Gold is for me as already mentioned a price-performance king. A simply great grab-and-go fragrance when's shopping on the WE goes but also in the gym I like to wear it.
SammySam
For little price a hammer fragrance!
This fragrance is very similar to Le Male in my opinion. A very nice fragrance that also lasts a long time with me. The DryDown is not so good, but still quite pleasant. The price is unbeatable !
Got more compliments with the fragrance than some expensive fragrances.
Conclusion: As a teenager, you can wear the fragrance even everyday casual. As an adult I find the not really so good for everyday life.
Columbus
Booooah madness. Top all-round fragrance for everyone.
This perfume is exceptionally good while being crazy cheap - but actually the best, depending on how you rate. It is for young and old. Dose weakly, maybe it will be too intrusive otherwise? Fragrance explosion of masculine, "beige-brown-green" aromas (unfortunately, I can not match all the plant names)
It smells somehow noble and expensive. Masculine through all phases. Lasts a very long time on the skin, even the morning after there is still a residue. Smells not after grandpa and also not after high school graduate, nevertheless, also these may use it. Buy There is no man on whom this perfume does not fit. The bottle is supposed to look like a cigar probably because of the name, I have quite different associations there, but it is about fragrance and not about appearance. I have already given several times my opened bottle visitors who had stayed unexpectedly overnight.

Cuba IS the original 'OG' - Not the other way around
Some of the fragrance reviews on the websites make me laugh. People saying they prefer the 'original' to the Cuba fragrances is hilarious. Cuba IS the original - The 'OG' and the others have copied their fragrances. Cuba Gold -- released in 1979. Le Male -- released in 1995. 16 years AFTER Cuba Gold. JPG Le Male is a copy/clone of Cuba Gold. It's obvious who the clone really is. NOT Cuba Gold.

Please do some research before posting that you like the 'original'. If that were true you would know that Cuba fragrances have been around longer than the copies and clones. The big name companies copied Cuba fragrances over the years. They are the dupes. Not the other way around.

This is an inexpensive EDT with decent longevity and sillage, but for the money it's a good frag and unbeatable for what it is. The longevity I find to be better lasting than Le Male. Overall, I prefer this to the Le Male clone. Cuba Gold is less sweet and not cloying like Le Male. Cuba Gold IS the Original.
NiceSmell
Fresh, powdery and a close relative
I have the Cuba Gold to an order simply still ordered. For the price, you can not go wrong. I recognize the original Le Male DNA again. Nevertheless, he is independent. Fresh and beautifully powdery, fits actually to each Gelegenehit. Whether in the office, in a bar on a date or a birthday. He does not tick and that's one of the advantages of this fragrance.

As a minus point I must personally say, is the silage and the performance. With me he does not hold so long. For a TOP price-performance ratio, I would be ready, however, the gold from time to time Nachlegen.

Beautiful and imaginative flacon.
The original
For me, he was also a marginal product, which you just bought for a few euros. For 6 to 7 euros you get a big bottle which is really madness. If you think about what you get for it. Alone already the presentation with the packing is drugstore smells miles ahead, also the smell can be seen or smell however always definitely better than 90% of the other smells in the price segment. Overall, you notice already the similarity to Le Male only knickt the fragrance unfortunately already quickly a durability and Sillagen he unfortunately no longer brings at the price also perfectly understandable.

Conclusion: Really good fragrance with a nice presentation for the price, H+S unfortunately weak, but you can not have everything. Fits then rather for home times or even for sports, for everything else it is then just too weak. For 6 to 7 euros for a large bottle, but virtually given so definitely a YES from me.
The more male LeMale
I'm going to make myself quite unpopular with my opinion. But I think this is the better and more manly LeMale! LeMale from JPG is sweeter than this one. That's why I think Cuba Gold is better The scent is less sweet than LeMale but goes in a very similar direction. The Sillage is ok, the shelf life is in my opinion better than with LeMale. I sprayed one perfume on the left and the other on the right wrist. One scent in each case. Although the LeMale sprays better and stronger the scent of the LeMale disappears after 5-6h. I smell the Cuba one to two hours longer. The bottle is creative and I like it, but it doesn't spray enough. In general I prefer this scent because everything apart from the spraying power is better
Cuba Gold
I thought for 4,10 € at 100ml I order myself Cuba Gold just once with found the bottle funny ???? But now to the fragrance goes in any case in the direction of Le Male and I must say I like the scent for the gym or at work, the fragrance is all times good
But what surprises me is that the fragrance smells very strong and the shelf life is amazingly good. And hey people for the price simply unbeatable.

I’d heard of this clone and saw it for $7;
So I grabbed it instantly. I love JPG scents, and Le Male is at the top of my personal JPG list. Let me tell you people, the stories of this one being ridiculously similar are absolutely true. The opening of the cigar scent is actually more intense in some areas, albeit a tad bit “rough” or “harsh” in how it feels. It dries down rather quickly as well, but at this $7 price point, I won’t be complaining. I have a work scent to use daily without it eating into my personal stash of the legit version. For such a small price, any complaints would leave me sounding like a whiner who shouldn’t have picked it up in the first place. If I were to compare it to the standards and expectations of the higher brand, I’d be a fool. If it supersedes it, I should be grateful, period.

Does it have the same “foamy, soapy, barbershop-esque” feel to it? No it doesn’t. It’s not quite as rich and full either. Projection/sillage as good, or better? Not on my skin, no. The sillage trail is ok; and the projection feels almost “filtered”. Longevity? Absolutely fine in this department, it’s just closer to the skin. It’s still a full fragrance, it’s just not shooting very far. It’s not bad by any means, but the packaging is pretty lame. The scent is close enough, and I’ll reach for it and blast it liberally before (and during) work with no regrets (and save the real juice for some real occasions).

For the cost, no room for complaints.

Is it close enough? For work in a field that requires diligence (and brings heavy sweat), absolutely!
For a night out or a date? Well... you CAN tell that it ISN’T Le Male, and I hope you’re not THAT cheap on a date (McDonald’s isn’t the dinner spot) ;-P

Seven bucks, people; if you like Le Male and don’t want to waste juice on some occasions, it’s a no brainer. If you’re gonna compare it to the real stuff with a microscope, you should seek mental help, and/or more things to do with your time, as it was only seven bucks.

Worth the purchase? If you like Le Male, yes.

I scored this for the same price as a hamburger combo, and I know I’ll be using it a LOT. I am a happy camper.
SvenScent
A golden sailor with a cigar in Cuba

To be honest: I bought this perfume on the side of an order, because I wanted to have a Le Mâle, but I wanted to invest the money for the real JPG in other fragrances. I also knew from the past, when entire locations smelled of him, that I never liked the scent so much, at least not so much that I now absolutely had to have it. That the Cuba is a clone was of course known to me.

And I really must say, Cuba Gold meets the DNA of JPG Le Mâle almost one hundred percent! All too quickly, however, it became clear to me what the original did not make me love so much: the mint, which is very present throughout the entire fragrance. If the fragrances listed here at Parfumo are correct, I do wonder where the strong mint note comes from!?!? Because here, unlike at Le Mâle, no mint is mentioned at all. Another shortcoming that I quickly discovered was the boring vanilla base, which is not one of my favorites for both men's and women's fragrances. In the original, what I found out through tests is more tonka and less vanilla, which is closer to my personal taste. What I find very beautiful is the light tobacco note that this cigar - who would have thought it - actually contains! I never perceived such a one with the Gaultier.

For all those who simply want to have a very inexpensive, almost perfectly made Le Mâle clone, I can definitely recommend to buy one!

PedroCabralPedroCabral 5 months ago
A great substitute for Le Male, because the aroma is practically identical. The performance is average, but the price is incredible.
SantinoJoSantinoJo 7 months ago
Nice Tobacco Vanille scent. Literally value for money king, doesn’t last long, just reapply.
JMWeedJMWeed 9 months ago
Nice scent, like a sharper Tobacco Vanille. Big Bang for your buck, doesn’t last long, just reapply.
TbatteriesTbatteries 10 months ago
The first time I wore this fragrance it made me feel sick to my stomach. You get what you pay for.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Cuba Gold is a very well made look alike of JPG bestseller. I own and use both of them and I don't care. This is the best Cuba scent by far.
MrHonestMrHonest 5 years ago
6 backup bottles and counting...I go through this stuff like water. Better, cheaper and more masculine than Le Male. I just LOVE.THIS.SMELL!

by FrauMö
by Couchlock
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular by Cuba

Cuba Royal (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Prestige by Cuba Cuba Jungle - Tiger by Cuba Cuba Red by Cuba Cuba Night by Cuba Diamond Parfums XXL / Cuba XXL by Cuba Cuba Brazil by Cuba Cuba Wild Heart (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Cuba Orange by Cuba Cuba Winner by Cuba Prestige Black by Cuba Cuba Black (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba VIP Gold by Cuba Copacabana for Men by Cuba Cuba City - New York for Women by Cuba Cuba Jungle - Snake by Cuba Cuba Brown (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Cuba Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Cuba Shadow by Cuba Cuba Grey by Cuba