Prestige

Prestige by Cuba
Prestige is a perfume by Cuba for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Fragluxe.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrantBlackcurrant
VetiverVetiver
CedarCedar
AmbergrisAmbergris
LabdanumLabdanum

Submitted by Smello, last update on 04.08.2021.

Al Capone Sweets as fragrance
Sometimes I find it difficult to describe a fragrance exactly. Especially when I can not sniff myself, what should be included according to the fragrance pyramid everything. I feel the same way about CUBA Prestige. Although I'm not sure if I'm writing about the right fragrance at all. I have "CUBA PRESTIGE CLASSIC" in front of me. Can therefore be that here of two different fragrances is the speech.

So I'll make it short: CUBA PRESTIGE CLASSIC smells very intensely sweet and spicy. And it reminds me, off the top of my head, of times long past when, as a young adult, I tried pretty much every smoking product once (I'm talking legal tobacco here, not any "substances") and eventually got stuck with Al Capone Sweets. These were (or are, I stopped smoking long ago so I don't know if they even exist anymore) cigarillos dipped in cognac. When you put these cigarillos in your mouth, you immediately tasted a rather strong sweetness, which mixed with the gentle pungency of the tobacco as you smoked them. This was, compared to ordinary cigarettes, quite a taste sensation. And that's exactly how this scent smells to my nose. However, the scent here comes across quite heavy and room filling. Sillage and projection are really enormous. Which is why I can imagine that the wearer of this scent, similar to the cigarillo smoker, is not really or always welcome in tight spaces ;-) Whereby I would like to call the fragrance but by no means as a "stinker".

Probably this fragrance will be the dupe of a well-known brand fragrance one. Since the possible original fragrance but is unknown to me, I can not say anything about it. For me, it is actually a sweetly flavored tobacco, which smells quite delicious. But I suspect that it could also get on the nerves of people around me. Not because it's bad - but simply because my counterpart is a "non-smoker" and can't do anything with what seems to me to be a pleasant smell. And please don't forget that there is still confusion here (with me) about whether "Cuba Prestige" is the same as "Cuba Prestige Classic". I upload a picture of my Verison and you can comment on it.

Perfect for...Halloween?
It's an A*Men clone, alright. But despite the lack of patchouli and coffee, it's staggeringly close for the price. So why not go nuts on the trigger, especially on Halloween? After all, it smells like candy, caramel, chocolate, zingy weirdness and all in a diabolically dreadful 100 mL bottle. You don't need to trick anybody to enjoy this treat. It's so cheap, that someone might as well drop it in your goodie bag for free. And best of all, it doesn't make you fat and sick. Well....unless you drink it of course, which I don't advise.

Don't expect 100% of A*men either. It's basically the drydown only. Very sweet and can give you a headache in the heat. Save it for cool weather and spray your clothing for better projection. It's definitely my favourite from the Cuba line along with Gold, both of which are probably the only two worth getting. As kitsch as it might sound, I have backup bottles of both (hell, why not?) just because of the price. Reformulations be damned. This baby was around long before the clone wars started. In fact, I already have another clone of A*Men and there's a pretty good contender in the Estiara line at a comparable price, so keep on the lookout. In a year or two, expect another one to be on top.

But until then, I still consider Prestige to be one of the kings of value, and perfect for Halloween. It just smells like a dentist's dream.

Very similar to A*Men
Cuba prestige is indeed very similar to A*Men so it gets a 0/10 for originality but on the other hand it is a very nice sweet smelling fragrance and almost as potent as A*Men, but maybe a little less harsh. Good value for money :)

RobbieXRobbieX 6 months ago
Close to the iconic A*men. This is very good and great value.
StolzmanStolzman 8 months ago
Tacky bottle, the worst cap I've ever encountered. Simpler A*Men, sweet! Really good longevity and projection for a cheapie - $6 (SIX USD)!
LucielizLucieliz 3 years ago
Nothing more to say guys, this is a very good perfume, sweet and long lasting.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Sometimes a clone is very well crafted and still beeing a cheapie. That's the case of Cuba Prestige, a magnific clone of T. Mugler A*Men.

by Stinkiwinki
by Stinkiwinki
by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh
by Marcoty
by Marcoty

Popular Cuba

Cuba Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Cuba Royal (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Cuba Jungle - Tiger by Cuba Cuba Red by Cuba Cuba Night by Cuba Cuba Orange by Cuba Cuba Brazil by Cuba Diamond Parfums XXL / Cuba XXL by Cuba Cuba Winner by Cuba Prestige Black by Cuba Cuba Black (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Cuba Wild Heart (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba VIP Gold by Cuba Cuba Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Copacabana for Men by Cuba Cuba City - New York for Women by Cuba Cuba Jungle - Snake by Cuba Cuba Shadow by Cuba Cuba Brown (Eau de Toilette) by Cuba Prestige Platinum by Cuba