Curve for Men (1996)Cologne

Curve for Men (Cologne) by Curve / Liz Claiborne
Bottle Design Laura Handler

Curve for Men (Cologne) is a perfume by Curve / Liz Claiborne for men and was released in 1996. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Lavender, Neroli, Juniper berry, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesBergamot, Ginger, Cactus, Cardamom, Coriander, Sage, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Mahogany, Musk, Pepper, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by FrauHolle, last update on 22.02.2020.

7.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

From the green tin ..
... no sailor comes.

But here too, a cap is missing and the spraying mechanism is secured by a ring. These are the only similarities with LeMale.

Smellow1987 has written a comment which carried me away. My memories of this fragrance were pleasant, but faded somewhat with time. So we had a lively exchange.

Thank you for that.

This information and my memory were enough for the order.

I doubt that I can 'unravel' the fragrance down to the last note. These are more my personal impressions of this fragrance.

As mentioned above, the fragrance is sold in a metal box. The green bottle fits well in the hand and the sprayer is easy to dose. Also a difference to the sailor.

After spraying, there is a slightly fresh green fragrance in the air. But two, maybe three minutes later, the surprise. I smell my wrist.. ...and I can hardly perceive anything. Well, that's a pretty short pleasure.

Now that I have worn the fragrance several times, I am familiar with this phenomenon. The fragrance needs the warmth of the skin
A little later it develops and this very strongly. It becomes fresh and spicy.

Lavender and neroli are clearly visible. I also take note of non-medicated sage. That sounds very familiar. I grab the bottle with the silver cap, Platinum is on it and I spray it on my right, fragrance-free wrist. Wait - after ten minutes I compare. A similarity cannot be dismissed from the nose. At this stage, the fragrance is very similar to Chanel's Platinum Egoiste. I'm surprised, there are a few common scents, but this, I did not expect now
Now that I have gained more experience with Curve for Men, I can say that this fragrance phase lasts for two and a half to three hours. Sometimes a little longer. A bit fresher, but similarities are definitely present. A fresher, more summery Platinum Egoist, I think. I really like the smell
But Curve for Men can do more
The notes listed by head, heart and base, do not follow the order.

Musk makes the fragrance appear fresher and fresher as it ages. The violets pull him to the green side. The cactus note, which I felt for me, only now beginning to emerge, leaves an almost aquatic impression. But the spicy notes remain and round off the fragrance perfectly.

For the purchase price, I expected a re-spraying obligation, but even after small sprays, the fragrance has a very good durability. At some point, he moves a little closer to the wearer, but he takes his time.

This scent never ceases to amaze me. Today he has a mark of 9 ... and rising
I wasn't looking for him, he found me. A fragrance like a good friend
7.0 8.0 7.0 10.0/10

Smellow1987
The search is over.... finally!!!!
I am speechless, this scent here I have sought a felt eternity.
To be exact 15 years!
I finally found him!!!

The first time I smelled this scent was when I was 8 or 9 years old. I just thought to myself "what a nice smell it is, I want to smell it when I'm tall".
I have not forgotten this unique scent, it has burned itself into my brain, so incredibly good he smelled.
When I was 17 or 18 and I smelled exactly this smell again when I walked through the Cologne Schildergasse, the memory of earlier came up again and I was overwhelmed how good it smells.
Unfortunately I did not approach the person who wore it, believing that it would not be difficult to find
Pustekkuchen!! Felt 100 hours and
Hundreds of Euros invested in scent samples to find him.
But suddenly...a work colleague had him on it a few days ago and he told me the name of this scent cracker.

A real insider tip, one out of 100.000 may wear it and I don't know any scent that smells almost like it.

Now finally for the fragrance:
For me it smells fresh, clear, slightly metallic, slightly flowery-spicy and with the fragrance I associate the color blue and the sky (although in the fragrance description green is indicated).
He has a very special Duftaura the one immediately in his spell pulls.
The sillage is quite good and you can smell it from a distance of 10 meters.
The shelf life could be a little better and is average, about 4-5 hours.

This great little water is my new signature scent and no one else will ever be able to hold a candle to it.

Inoffensive and Generally Pleasant
Curve goes on with a bergamot, faint citrus aroma and dries down to a lightly aromatic cologne smell, like CK Euphoria, but longer lived. It does survive the eight-hour test, so kudos on that. I can see it as an office scent or as something you'd wear out -- it is versatile. However, what it has in general appeal it lacks in oomph. No-one will hate this on you, but you won't be enthralled by it. A better fragrance in terms of impact, personality, and duration in the same style is Ed Hardy's Love and Luck.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Youthful, Fresh, and a Compliment Magnet
I find it really difficult to lose with Curve for Men. This is a happy and fresh green, aromatic fragrance that can be had for on the cheap. It starts off with a fresh clean blast of pineapple on my skin, and dries down to a nice woody musk. I think most people in the USA have used, or at least smelled this one, so I'm not going to go into a great deal of detail. Let's just suffice it to say it smells darned good in its own cheap and cheerful way.

Longevity is good at 6 hours or so (excellent for cologne), and I think it is truly rare for anyone to be offended by this fragrance. It is one of the compliment magnets in my collection. It is also light enough for a daily wear at the office and is never cloying.

This can be had for very reasonable prices both online and in discount stores now. If you need a good budget fragrance, it's a great choice.

by Smellow1987
by Golcher
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Curve / Liz Claiborne

Liz Claiborne (Eau de Toilette) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Curve Chill for Men by Curve / Liz Claiborne Curve Kicks for Men by Curve / Liz Claiborne Spark (Eau de Parfum) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Curve Crush for Men (Cologne) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Curve Crush (Eau de Toilette) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Realities (1990) (Eau de Toilette) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Lucky Number 6 by Curve / Liz Claiborne Claiborne for Men (Cologne) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Soul by Curve by Curve / Liz Claiborne Bora Bora by Curve / Liz Claiborne Mambo for Men (Cologne) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Curve (Eau de Toilette) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Vivid (Eau de Toilette) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Liz by Curve / Liz Claiborne Lucky Number 6 for Men by Curve / Liz Claiborne Bora Bora Exotic for Men by Curve / Liz Claiborne Curve Connect for Men by Curve / Liz Claiborne Bora Bora for Men (Cologne) by Curve / Liz Claiborne Curve Wave (Eau de Toilette) by Curve / Liz Claiborne