Liz Claiborne (1986) Eau de Toilette

Liz Claiborne (Eau de Toilette) by Curve / Liz Claiborne
Bottle Design: Pierre Dinand

Liz Claiborne (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Curve / Liz Claiborne for women and was released in 1986. The scent is floral-green. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPeach, Pineapple, Green notes, Tagetes, Bergamot, Aldehydes
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Tuberose, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Cedar, Musk

Submitted by FrauHolle, last update on 28.08.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Princess Zelda would rather have a scent than be rescued
Hey, sweethearts! D
How are you guys doing? Have you lost your way to my commi here and are now looking stupidly out of the wash because you don't understand my title? Well... Princess Zelda is a charming princess from the video game series "The Legend of Zelda", who has the habit of being kidnapped by the bad guy Ganon several times. Of course, a hero in a green pointed cap can't be missing (whereas the said pointed cap has to look totally stupid in reality!), who is on his way again and again to save her, of course only because of the reward, namely to get a kiss from the pretty princess... and I'm pretty sure that our hero, who listens to the name Link, surely wants more than just a kiss... :DD

Why am I writing this right now? Well, look at that bottle. One version of it is yellow and triangular, and for me it looks like a typical object from the Zelda game series, namely like a part of the Triforce, which is an element composed of three golden triangles, or can be assembled if you find all parts of it. And once you've put it together, it fulfills, to put it simply, the wish of the person who touches it, no matter whether the person is good or evil.

Boah, I talk a lot again, but hey, the Zelda games are also played by women and girls, so rest! :D But guuut, I now finally come to the fragrance description!

The fragrance:
In the beginning it smells of peaches and aldehydes. While the peaches and the other scents like pineapple and the green stuff (green notes, which can only be perceived very weakly) look somewhat fresh, the aldehydes provide a more mature touch and let the scent look like a scent from the 80s. ... Oh, the scent is actually from the 80s, well then it fits and the scent was very contemporary for his time :D
The aldehydes weaken a little later, especially in the middle section, where more floral notes like sweet lilies of the valley and sweet tuberoses appear. Nevertheless, the classic touch remains, as now the oak moss becomes more intense instead of the aldehyde. In the background there seems to be more floral stuff, including some slightly sultry smelling flowers. Also later in the base the fragrance still smells classic because of the oak moss and has sweetish flowers to offer, whereby the roses also come across a little sour, well, how roses just smell like that. So I take in the base mainly roses, oakmoss and a light, almost creamy sweetness was.
Much later the flowery notes are a bit too stuffy for me, which I don't like so much as usual.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good and also strong. So you'd have to be well noticed for a while.
The shelf life was also quite good with over ten hours.

The bottle:
The bottle, or at least the classic bottle, is yellow and triangular. In the middle there is a small window where you can see the yellowish scented liquid. The lid fits seamlessly into the bottle and forms the tip of the triangle. Later (or smaller) flacons were also triangular, but without a frame, as it looks, but I don't know exactly, I guess only from photos :D

Soo, so that was Liz Claiborne from... Liz Claiborne :D
The scent is okay, but it smells old-fashioned after the 80s. Which makes it smell more mature, although this type of scent was certainly not only used by older women at that time. It is mostly flowery and, despite aldehydes and somewhat heavier and sultry flowers, not too heavy, so that it could still be used on not too hot spring and summer days. Both as a daily fragrance and for going out.
But you don't necessarily have to test it anymore, because you certainly already had enough aldehyde scents under your nose, and this one smells quite similar to most of them, apart from that it's no longer available anyway. But you don't make a mistake if you should "sacrifice" an arm for it.

Soo... that's it. Now you're richer with a fragrance description! :D But whether everything I have written is correct is a different matter, because it is only my perception! Oh, and play a Zelda game, they're really fun. But does not play the first two games on the old Nintendo. Even if they are classics, they would rather scare you off than inspire you today, if you are not retro pixel fans :D

Okay, then take care, have a nice evening and see you :)
8.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Two Thumbs Up!
I see that this perfume needs a positive review here! This was my signature scent back in high school and college in the late 80's-early 90's. I haven't had it for 20 years or so, and I recently bought a vintage perfume on ebay. I love it for the nostalgia, but this perfume is so amazing on me! It smells *really* good. Even my husband loves it, and he rarely likes my favorite perfumes. There is nothing else out there that smells like this one. It is not overwhelmingly loud or cloying like other scents from the 80's. It just smells fresh (without being soapy) and floral. It's a great daytime and office perfume or just for hanging around the house.

I have both the edp and the edt. The edp is vintage and lasts 12+ hours. The edt is a new bottle (it is no longer discontinued; I got my edt a month ago at Walmart) and only lasts about 2-3 hours before it requires reapplication.

I'm one of the few who loves that tacky, bold triangle! It really reminds me of the 80's! Although I have to say that the quality of the new bottle isn't good. It's not as heavy as I remember it, and the cap is extremely difficult to pull off. But don't let this scare you off--the perfume is really wonderful! And it is not expensive. A winner all around!
10.0 10.0 4.0/10

Another Lily Gone Wrong
Lily, if not done right, can smell like an unlovely civet to me. That's what happened here. Though the formula is full of utterly beautiful notes, they never overcome the initial ugliness. Just proves once again that notes don't make a perfume, a perfumer does.
7.5 7.5 7.5 3.0/10

Flower's and Grease
I whould descibe this as Flowers and Grease it was to sweet and Oily but i love the falcon shape triangles are my favotite
Shapes but i hate the scent

Bcars10 3 years ago
Wonderful not only for the nostalgia it brings, but just because it's a fabulous scent! There is nothing else like it!+2
10.0