Writer 2017

Writer by Cyrus
Writer is a popular perfume by Cyrus for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by SPPC (Sociéte Parisienne de Parfums et Cosmétiques).

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon Mandarin orangeMandarin orange LavenderLavender Green appleGreen apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian geraniumEgyptian geranium Elemi resinElemi resin
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli AmbergrisAmbergris VetiverVetiver White muskWhite musk

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 05.05.2022.

Sylar
The all-rounder for little money
A few years ago, I smelled Dior Sauvage for the first time in my brother-in-law's bathroom. I was directly enchanted, as this fragrance for me immediately radiates sovereignty. For me, it embodies the 0815 businessman. That sounds now more negative than it is meant. He's just a guy who doesn't mess up anywhere and knows it. Everybody's gonna say, "I like this guy." And nobody's gonna hate him, but nobody really loves him either. That's exactly why I see it as a perfect daily fragrance but then the price was too high for me to spray it on every day like that. After a short research for a good clone I found the Writer by Yves de Sistelle. It is said that you should get the set with shower gel because there was a reformulation and the set should have a better shelf life. And already the writer was in front of me. A quick word on the subject of clones. I have no problem with buying fragrances that try to imitate another. But in the case of the Writer, it's very brazen that they've taken over the bottle almost 1 to 1. Still, it's very well made, so I can't really get too upset about it. Even the magnetic cap is there. The scent of the Writer for me is not quite the original ran the shelf life is ok with about 5 hours but the siliage is not very strong. But now you have to consider the price is very low with about 20 €.
My conclusion:
Who likes Dior Sauvage even if it is one of the most widespread fragrances what yes some disturbs I recommend the purchase of the Writer if you wear this daily in everyday life. But when it comes to special events birthday, date, party then I think you should apply more special fragrances
Dennis79
The blue shower gel miracle
In my search for a Dior Sauvage dupe, I came across the Writer by Yves de Sistelle. This costs only a fraction and is considered by many fans as THE dupe.

Fragrance:
How do you feel when you wear *Writer*?
- Like freshly showered with a gel of the brand Adidas. So very sporty fresh and masculine. While the shower gel is gone after 30 min, the Writer is great to extend this fresh feeling significantly. In addition, I feel very masculine, which is probably due to the Ambroxin?

When do I wear *Writer* most like?
- In my spare time and when I can not decide between the fragrances in my collection. The Writer goes actually always. Generally, I wear this except in midsummer always and also like morning to evening and all occasions. Here he is very similar to his original in the diversity.

How can you compare *Writer* with other fresh all-round fragrances?
- Dior - Sauvage Eau de Toilette: Don't own it, but the opening etc is very very similar and the feel of Sauvage (shower gel) is very similar. Have heard Sauvage is even more peppery.
- Giorgi Armani - Acqua di Gio Profumo: The Armani is also a mega all-rounder, which I by the incense and the more complex DNA comes across rather classic and which I would recommend for older, moreover, the Profumo develops a certain sweetness after time. The Writer seems more modern for me - maybe because shower gel is now in?

SILLAGE / DURABILITY:
- The Sillage is auszgezeichnet and projects very well.
- The durability is also very long on my skin and clothes - about >8 hrs.

FLAKON:
- Very heavy and metallic! Cap below with a set off Writer emblem looks very classy. In addition, the glass has a gradient like its model and becomes darker from bottom to top. Smooth 10!

PRICE / PERFORMANCE:
- The 100ml variant I have purchased for just under 20 €.

CONCLUSION:
No-brainer for all who like modern shower gel fragrances. The fragrance is so pleasing that even my two kids rate this from a collection of >15 fragrances as the best. For the price a must-have and blind buy!
Sauvage Killer !!!!
To this fragrance I came across this week by chance and have me very surprised how close he comes to Sauvage rankommt to 95% same fragrance DNA.
Differences are quite minimal in the opening perceptible and indeed Sauvage is a little peppery but the Writer is softer and more pleasant in the opening.
Exactly this difference makes the Writer much more pleasant to wear because you do not get a headache potential as with the Dior Zwilling.
Durability almost identical and that is already enormous since he costs only a fraction.
The sillage is the only positive advantage that has Sauvage compared to Writer, however, it is also not earth-shattering but a maximum of one hour more and this you can easily get over.
It should be said that my test Sauvage is the 2015 version so the one with the strongest durability.

Conclusion:
Very strong fragrance for a small price with very good endurance.
Dior fans necessarily Testen!!!!

The Invisible Man
Your first meeting with the new in-laws is coming up and you don't know which fragrance is the right one? You need a fragrance that is so harmless and inconspicuous that you could just as well be invisible? Then congratulations, you have just found it!
Yes, the similarity to the Sauvage is indeed given and that is already no disadvantage from my point of view...! Nevertheless, this fragrance says no more than: "smells good" ! Point from end...that's it...

A good friend of mine joked around the last conversation about the Writer and said that if he ever had to commit a murder, he will definitely apply the Writer...so he is as good as invisible. :D

Of course, this is all a shameless exaggeration ;) The fragrance is good...and the price too!
Who is looking for a normal fragrance, which never tarnishes can confidently strike here.
Should the above-mentioned in-laws then but negative on your fragrance to speak, I recommend you as soon as possible to take flight and the new partner choice to reconsider if necessary ;)

Conclusion: Beautiful smelling "Sauvage" twin, which is super for example job interviews, work, casual meetings, or even the in-laws suitable.

Unsuess
A fragrance so harmless that even toddlers like it
When you're not sure what scent suits the occasion: This one always goes. A fragrance so harmless that even toddlers like it. Neither too tart nor too herbaceous nor too sweet. Inconspicuous, pleasing, without edges and corners. However, if you want to make a statement, you should give this fragrance a wide berth.
Amazing
I originally always had the original, the Dior Sauvage. Wanted to try the now because he is considered the Doupe par excellence. Well what can I say, I am thrilled. My girlfriend loves it and the other day while shopping just before Christmas I was asked by a lady "Oh, you smell very good, what kind of perfume is that?" I stupidly out of reflex "This is Dior Sauvage" and I had honestly briefly ashamed in the affect to have made this false statement but briefly considered and I thought to myself "Hey, in principle I wear dior Sauvage, and probably she is looking for a Christmas gift, there is the Sauvage again a touch better" so I let it stand so.

Who knows and loves the Sauvage has here the Akternative at a small price. Who would like to try Dior Sauvage can try it with pleasure also herewith. It lacks something the pepper note but that's no problem. Very nice everyday fragrance for a small price. Although not so exceptional since everyone owns Sauvage but still very good.
KingOfKingz
Good alternative to Dior Sauvage.
After reading many comments on YdS "Writer" and the hype about Dior "Sauvage" that has been going on for a few years now, I thought I'd give "Writer" a chance.

I have to say in advance that I am not a big Sauvage fan, as I am annoyed by the overdose of Ambroxan - or maybe it is simply because you can smell it at least once at every party these days.

So after spraying both "Writer" and "Sauvage" separately, I immediately noticed the ambroxan club of the Sauvage fragrance, while this one started much softer here.
In the first 1-2 hours, the scent of the house Dior showed a significantly higher performance, while the "Writer" had definitely put on the handbrake and projected about half way through.

Over the course of the scent I noticed that the scents became more and more similar from hour to hour.
After about 4-5 hours almost no difference could be seen. Even my girlfriend commented that it would probably be one and the same scent.

To sum up, I can say that I am very satisfied with the Writer and I would definitely classify it as a fragrance in its own right, as it excludes the ambroxane fragrance.
In addition, the P/L ratio (20€/100ml) is phenomenal.
From my side definitely a buy recommendation.
Comparison to an Axe deodorant
Got a compliment at work today... don't know what to make of it. Across the street from me a lady
She: pooh you're dragging a cloud behind you
Me: smells so intense, but it was only a few sprayers.
She: yes, but I am also really susceptible to strong odours. This smells like axe from the scent guy
Sauvage's sympathetic twin
"Hey, Juicer, you wearing Dior Sovaatsch?"
- "Yes," I reply without being ashamed for even a second. In fact, differences in scent can only be smelled with a magnifying glass. And perfume laymen or 98% of the German population will undoubtedly consider the writer to be the original.
Dior Sauvage's twin, slightly weaker, slightly worse, but much cheaper. Who would say no? After all, Sauvage, even if overhyped, is a good perfume that you have to have in your collection somehow.
Will I then leave the house of Dior with all its advertisements and Johnny Depp's successful performances a relatively large amount of money? No thanks.
Do I get the Writer, which is an above average perfume overall and for a ridiculous price? Oh yes!

After all, as a student you always have to watch your wallet. And you want to smell nice, too. :)
The First
My entry into the world of perfume.
The Writer was the first perfume I bought myself. Before that, a perfume was the obligatory Christmas present from my mother. Mostly they were drugstore fragrances (brands: David Beckham, Michael Kors, S.Oliver, etc.).
Then I was single again and young as I was (well, it was just 3 years ago) I thought to myself, now I must expand my perfume assortment. And so I came through Google to Parfumo.
Since I only have a student wallet, I quickly shot myself at Dupes. I tried the Writer at Galeria Kaufhof and I was speechless: I had never smelled such a fragrance before. It was fresh and spicy at the same time but also sweet. Very masculine and sexy as I thought. The ideal fragrance for my purposes.
But I hesitated. One day later I sprayed Dior Sauvage EdT at Douglas and the Writer on the other arm. I was stunned: a huge price difference, but the scent smelled very similar. In the top note I found the Sauvage a bit more noble, but in the drydown they were very similar, also the durability was similar. Immediately I bought the Writer.
For a long time the Writer was my favourite scent. But I soon noticed that you can smell the Sauvage and its dupes quite often. Besides, the Drydown is getting on my nerves a lot by now.
All in all a great fragrance for the price, especially such a sillage and durability is very rare in the price segment (see most Zara fragrances).
Now the Writer will soon be empty, I will not buy it, nor will I buy the Dior Sauvage. Meanwhile I like other fragrances better However, I can recommend the Writer to anyone who wants to have an evergreen fragrance with more than solid performance for little money. The desire for nobler fragrances will come by itself sometime...

RisendyRisendy 2 years ago
Dior sauvage clone, very good performance on me. Great for the price.

Frisch für  Fresh/bunt
by ErhanSaceros
by Honk1510
by Honk1510
by Duftomatisch
Dear writer, can't you think of something more original?
When you don't know what  to write, you can always write a parody... when you don't know what to copy, you can always copy Dior...
by Karlux37
by Parfumlove90
by Emendem
by Emendem

Popular by Cyrus

Al.Matino Black by Cyrus Grandiose Dreams by Cyrus Al.Matino by Cyrus Grandiose by Cyrus