Chaos 1996Eau de Parfum

Version from 1996
Chaos (1996) (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan
Bottle Design Stephen Weiss
Chaos (1996) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 1996. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Sandalwood, Frankincense, Saffron, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove, Amber, Musk, Lavender, Coriander, Sage, Camomile

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 23.08.2020.

Not for little girls
I never thought I'd live to see this. The original Donna Karan mess! I didn't even know that there was a remake in 2008, but I still remember the crystal bottle from the nineties. It was often presented back then in connection with Chopard's Wish, which was in a similar bottle and still is today. I admit, I don't even know if I tested Chaos back then, but I quickly decided on Wish, as I already had a direct hit from Chopard in my possession with Casmir. Chaos I have always looked at with interest, but probably never tried it myself.

Thanks to killer bee I could make up for it now and I say thank you, thank you, thank you! Here on Parfumo not so much standing in the spotlight, but chaos in my former house and yard forum was everywhere considered a superstar! And now I can fully understand that. What I don't understand, however, is why he was only on the market for so few years. But in order.

Chaos is a spice bomb par excellence. Right at the beginning I can perceive lavender, cardamom and cloves. Cinnamon remains relatively unsweet here, which I like very much, because too sweet cinnamon lets scents drift into the pompous-madamy for me. Sandalwood and coriander give the fragrance a woody twist. Amber and musk provide a slightly subliminal, light sweetness, which is always kept in check by the incense. The saffron is so well used here that it doesn't annoy me at all, and I was looking for the chamomile but couldn't find it. So we have a real spice hummer. Sillage is clear in the upper part and I have to think of Dior's poison and varieties at the first sniff. In this league chaos is also playing. I see it on a woman with a lot of pepper in her butt who knows that when she enters a room she is in charge. In principle I would say yes, never ever is it suitable for the office, but on a charismatic boss in a reasonable dose, why not!

The fragrance has such an appearance in itself, the person as well as his or her outfit must absolutely go with it. Otherwise it does not fit. Primarily I see the fragrance more in the evening, but here, too, you need the right wardrobe plus a merciless self-confidence. Chaos may be a lot, but chaos is not for little girls.
By the incense, which would like to play the first fiddle in the fragrance every now and then and thus provides for a beautiful unsweetness, this fragrance appeals to me much more than comparable forceful buzzers from the eighties. There are also relatively few floral notes, which I like very much. This association of a matron, which I like with overly pompous and opulent floral scents, is missing here. Here I see the attractive, self-confident power woman and I perceive the fragrance as strong but never as unpleasant or even too much.

Unfortunately I can't say anything about the current version, because I don't know it. But the short-lived nature of this fragrance is an absolute mystery to me. It's so in the league of Poison, Aromatics Elixir, Must de Cartier or Obelisk. Fans of these fragrances should all pay attention to their ears right now. And I don't just mean the power women. It also represents courageous gentlemen who have a preference for this kind of classic. Must try!
Many thanks to Mörderbiene for the opportunity to test it.

Popular DKNY / Donna Karan

Black Cashmere by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (2008) by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan Essence: Wenge by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men Unleaded by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Liquid Cashmere Black by DKNY / Donna Karan Delicious Night by DKNY / Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Vanilla / A Drop of Vanilla by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious Fresh Blossom (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Verbena / A Drop of Verbena by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan Essence: Labdanum by DKNY / Donna Karan Gold (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Rose / A Drop of Rose by DKNY / Donna Karan Red Delicious Men by DKNY / Donna Karan