Be Delicious (2004)Eau de Parfum

Be Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan

Be Delicious (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 2004. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Cucumber, Magnolia
Heart Notes Heart NotesApple, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Tuberose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, White amber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.11.2019.

4.0 3.0/10

GirlofNow
Where's the apple note!????...
I became aware of this perfume by a Youtuberin...
She raved about how good, sexy and tasty this fragrance should be... + I like to eat apples anyway, especially green ones, they are the best in my opinion:D I thought to myself if the scent really soooo good smells, how many of that rave, then it absolutely must be tested!) I know many people who know me here on Parfumo know that I don't really prefer big green scents... (Better said not at all...) Rather nice gourmand - berries + fruity scents. Nevertheless I was extremely curious how it would smell:)))...

Arrived in the perfumery this time, alone without grandpa I had to make my own and above all meaningful decisions:D With him I always think about whether it is worth it for this perfume to spend the money, or not but thank God the decision was not so difficult for me with this fragrance... I had to search for this perfume for a long time until I could find this perfume... And that was placed exactly with the Bruno Banani fragrances... Weird but okey.

Asoooo the bottle speaks, now personally 0 to me! It has nothing beautiful or interesting... It's just boring! But the content counts... I sprayed on a test strip and the air stayed away! ( Not in the positive sense...!) It just smelled like freshly mown lawn!....:(((( I don't want to be mean but what's delicious about it? Or rather, sexy!? I don't want to smell like a freshly mown lawn! 2min later I smelled some cucumber note.... Okey maybe the Youtuberin meant by delicious the cucumber note. I don't know why, I'm upset about it but am I the only one who doesn't smell a nice apple note??? Except these, two notes or better said a scent note (in the scent course there is nothing of a lawn) I could smell nothing of an apple! I was a bit sad that, I couldn't smell a single apple note as I LOVE the smell of green apples in particular! Be that as it may, I can't say anything about the H+S because I don't have any test strips anymore... What do you think?????
6.0 7.0 5.0 7.5/10

Delicious contrast programme
After hours of hiking in the hot sun through the mountains of my homeland, I enter an air-conditioned drugstore in a small town, buy water and test the green apple from Big Apple City. The deliciously refreshing scent molecules quickly conquer the room and two women become aware of them. You're asking me what smells so fresh and so great in here. I'll tell them and we'll talk. They have, it seems to me, only recently discovered their love for fragrances and apparently they are still a little ashamed to buy more perfume than they will be able to consume in the foreseeable future. Which is reasonable first of all...

I don't know if they bought the green apple, I bought it weeks later in a smaller bottle. Too beautiful was the refreshing scent that brought up in me the memory of Theodor Storm's fairy tale "Die Regentrude". Here the fireman scorching the meadows fights against the sleeping rain pack and the rich, greedy farmer against the poor, nature-loving Stine. Their courageous children then set off in secret early in the morning to find the rain joy and wake it up with the old secret saying: "Dunst is wave, dust is source...". They get themselves in the end, because the rich farmer has to realize that the value of his property in meadows and fields melts without rain like butter in the sun.

Perhaps there is a hunch somewhere in me about certain parallels to the present summer weather, which can almost be called creepy, and the childish idea of fighting it with a few sprays of fresh scent. I wish, and it'll work for a few seconds, won't it?
10.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

iPerfume

The apple is known to have played a long and significant role in the history of mankind. He did not contribute insignificantly to the loss of the poor of paradise. Later, it returned as an expensive but highly image-laden temptation in the field of modern communications technology. By the way, similarly successful as in paradise at that time.
In 2004 Donna Karan continued the game with temptation. She created a fragrance that would be particularly seductive. How else can you interpret the name "Be Delicous"? Be delicious! Like a fresh, crunchy, juicy-sweet apple that appeals to the bite.
For me, it all resonated with this eau de parfum, for which at the time the advertising drum was also stirred vigorously. I remembered one commercial in particular. He alludes to the biblical temptation and shows a young, naturally very attractive, brunette young lady in the streets of the "Big Apple" New York. She pauses in front of a fruit stand, attracted by a mountain of appetising Granny Smith apples. A handsome guy also seems to be interested in the green apples. He is already holding one of these vitamin bombs in his hand. Now he sees the pretty lady - and spontaneously hands her the delicious apple. She does not hesitate for long and bites the fresh fruit heartily. For a moment she thinks about giving the apple back to the man. He seems to be waiting for it. But she has decided differently and continues laughing with the bitten apple. Will he follow her? It almost looks that way.
I admit I'm susceptible to advertising and love perfume. When I hear or see about a new perfume, I start to take an interest in it and can hardly wait to get a taste of it. Often comes along - I will not say the evil awakening, but yet the disappointment on the first sprayer. Too heavy, too sweet, too bland, too cheap, too strict, too much of that, too little of something else - something. And I go on without looking back.
Not like Be Delicous. The unusual, round apple shape, which gives a silver reflective upper half noble value, the beautiful green colour - clearly visible in the transparent bottle -, the successful name according to my taste, the sympathetic advertising, which elicits a smile from you, all this had already captured me once for the fragrance. Now he only had to convince me olfactorically.
I sniff at the small opening where the perfume comes out when you press down the spray button (which, by the way, is not so easy with the round apple shape). I usually use both hands for help). I sniff fresh sweetness, sweet, somehow green - that's how it seems to me - and fruity.
Now I put it to the test and spray some of the grass green liquid on my hand.
I immediately feel surrounded by a delicious coolness that refreshes me, but at the same time has something noble and elegant. The aroma of a fresh, ripe apple is immediately present.
Was I expecting this? Yeah, maybe. I can't remember. The scent impression is so strong that my expectations disappear behind it.
Yes, maybe I would have expected a typical Granny Smith fragrance, a bit sour, but fresh and not too sweet. But that would have been the aroma of a toilet flushing stone or something.
The scent I now encounter is more subtle. It has an interesting depth in which delicate flowers can be felt. I can't identify them individually. It is a luxuriant scented carpet of sweetnesses such as violets, lilies of the valley, roses and magnolias.
Above all the apple floats - ripe, sweet and exquisite.
Over time, the fragrance loses its initial freshness and becomes more pensive, calmer, but stronger, heavier, sweeter. The sweetness is not a cheap one, but one that has substance but never overstrains you or leads you into (mystical) depths.
The fragrance remains "down to earth" - lively, cheerful and lively. If he was a woman, "man" would like to spend time with her. Plenty of time. She would enchant him with her laughter and her urban style. I see a modern woman in this fragrance, but not a cool business lady, but one who loves to live, who can be exuberantly happy, who has something warm and loving and yet is coquettish, cocky and cheeky.
Can I identify myself with that? At first, I believed it. I loved that scent. Wore it day and night. I bought it. I imagined (or hoped?) to be seductive and sexy with it, without being pompous, pathetic or diva-like.
But at some point it turned out that this fragrance was also a typical child of its time. At that time it was trendy for fashionable women to smell fruity. On the streets one met coconuts, mandarins, mangoes, "pineapple", raspberries and strawberries. That was relatively new and fascinating. With "Be Delicious" Donna Karan has created a very contemporary fragrance that embodies the lively lifestyle of the Big Apple.
What some today criticize as "American" and "synthetic" was the strength, the novelty of this fragrance at the time. He was therefore omnipresent and extremely popular.
It is certainly no coincidence that "Be Delicious" was released under the DKNY label (Donna Karan New York). Founded in 1989, this brand is aimed at a younger and less affluent public than DKI (Donna Karan International), the fashion designer's main brand. The then young fragrance was a perfect match for DKNY's streetwear and jeans fashion.
Donna Karan sold her fashion empire to LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) for six and a half million dollars in 2001 - before the birth of "Be Delicious". It is currently owned by the New York G-III Apparel Group.
And "Be Delicous"? Is the fragrance still as delicious and seductive as it was 14 years ago?
I get the apple bottle from my perfume collection and notice that it has hardly been used. The green liquid in the glass belly of the apple is almost unused.
I'll spray it on. There it is again, that feeling of freshness. I think: a good fragrance for the summer. And also the apple reports immediately. Grapefruit, cucumber and magnolia should play the leading role in the top note. I don't notice much of that. Instead of grapefruit, I'd guess bergamot. The cucumber does not produce much and the magnolia disappears immediately in the flower fragrance carpet. The apple, however, is there. Good, juicy, sweet, sweet and clear. It's an apple plus, of course. Plus a relatively indifferent floral scented carpet.
The shelf life is just as good as the fragrance today. Sillage still exists. The bottle still delights with its originality. It lies heavy and smooth in the hand and looks massive and valuable.
The fragrance doesn't look as seductive, cocky, cheeky and sexy to me as it did in 2004, it has become more brave, more tame and has lost the glamour of the once trendy. It is a lovely, pleasing fragrance without any extremes, secrets and refinements. More than a trivial "Mhh, good" you will hardly harvest with it today.
Meanwhile there are also more exciting scents for me, which fit better to me than this former love of scents. That's how it is with fashion scents. And with love.

Lorelei
puhh...and he keeps and keeps apparently
An acquaintance wore it recently for a city stroll... "oh, you smell good"...I said ...and meant it that way, at first...later, whenever the wind blew its scent over to me, it made me sick every time...and it didn't and didn't get less....I got more and more nauseous...yes, admitted, I get nauseous apparently fast sometimes...highly sensitive little nose, always already...just I get nauseous from my old 5th Avenu, which I like shortly at the beginning...are it the lilies of the valley? They are also contained in it....I will wash my wrists now and hope that the acquaintance next time wears a different fragrance....
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Bite Me -- I'm Delicious
I don't know why it took me so long to explore the DKNY apples?! Isn't it amazing how we can have a 'blind-spot' to a well publicized scent for sometimes years?
Well, just recently I have explored, loved & purchased DKNY "Fresh Blossom Eau So Intense" and now nothing is going to stop me from entering the DKNY Garden of Eden and pick each apple for a "test-bite"! ; )

Since there are so many, I continued with the "Original Apple Scent". A couple of days ago I got a mini EdP and my first impression is that on my skin it's very light for an EdP -- Too light in my opinion. (especially since they are not really cheap) On my skin the Eau So Intense is -to me- the EdP & the 'regular' EdP has the silage & longevity of an EdT.

On to the notes: of course apple is the first thing that greets my nose after I spray this...cucumber is only a very short visitor with magnolia as the dominant note that even outdoes the apple on me. The drydown is slightly apple fresh with a full magnolia note, a faint cucumber (which doesn't smell too gourmand but adds a fresh note to the apple) and in the last phase, I can smell sandalwood & woodsy notes. I like it, but I won't buy it because I think for my chemistry and preference in silage & longevity I have better results with the Eau So Intense range.

Some people say that they really like it a lot but won't buy it due to the popularity of the scent. "Too many people use it" -- Of course that is a valid point, IF one forgets that your chemistry plays a big part in perfumes (E.G. on me the apple note is covered up in sandalwood/magnolia).
If I really like a scent I won't reconsider purchasing it based on a fear that I "blend into the masses" -- I wear scents MAINLY for my own pleasure, and my chemistry might give any perfume that: "Je ne sais quoi" that makes it uniquely inherent to me. So, if you like any popular scent, please don't be discouraged by the threat of *mass popularity*....Try it on your skin and if you really enjoy it, enjoy it!!

Silage is: Apple fresh magnolia breeze with a sandalwood drydown that is yummy and cheery. -- Longevity is: 3-4 hours. *on to the next apple ; )*
7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Be Delicious By DKNY
impressive yes history maker no; be delicious is promising with it's notes
of tart green apple with a drydown base
of cucumber. i don't notice any florals
in this but who's one to say i don't
really have a talent of detecting layers
of notes like some people do. to me all
the scents are all mixed together but i do admire reviewing perfumes that is my
prioity there is something in this i cant put my finger on that it tries to be unique but struggles in a fast paced
world of manufacturing fragrances these
days. but netherless a nice perfume but with lose ends.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Famous green apple fragrance
This is apple at its very best.

DKNY Be Delicious is not tarty or sour like I expected it to be, the apple note is fresh, juicy and pretty.

This would make the perfect Summer fragrance. The additives of cucumber, magnolia and lily-of-the-valley makes this fragrance so very soft, feminine and crisp. There's an element of watery freshness which makes this fragrance ideal for really hot days.

The woodsy undertones in the base of this scent is fantastic and very different. A definite highlight for me and a great credit to Maurice Roucel who created this very popular fragrance.

DKNY Be Delicious' popularity is probably what turns me off buying this fragrance. I can't stand the thought of smelling like everyone else. Regardless of how much I enjoy this fragrance, I can't convince myself to get it.
7.5 7.1/10

DeGe53
An apple is an apple is an apple
or something like that. I was very curious what to expect there. And… was positively surprised. A very clean little apple jumped at me. The flowers complete the whole thing very nicely, are of no much consequence. The apple note carries on and stays quitew ell. Way at the end, about 5 hours later, what remains are woody notes with a fruity background. Dazzling green, like the flask, it could be worn in autumn for a change as well.

KingPin 10 months ago

by Echtdufte
by Violetta1
by Violetta1

Popular DKNY / Donna Karan

Pure DKNY - Vanilla / A Drop of Vanilla by DKNY / Donna Karan Black Cashmere by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious Fresh Blossom (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Delicious Night by DKNY / Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Golden Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (2008) by DKNY / Donna Karan Gold (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Red Delicious by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Verbena / A Drop of Verbena by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Rose / A Drop of Rose by DKNY / Donna Karan My NY by DKNY / Donna Karan Sweet Delicious Pink Macaron by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Nectar Love by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Men (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious Men (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan