Be Delicious 2004 Eau de Parfum

Be Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan
Be Delicious (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 2004. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit CucumberCucumber MagnoliaMagnolia
Heart Notes Heart NotesAppleApple Lily of the valleyLily of the valley RoseRose TuberoseTuberose VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesWoodsWoods White amberWhite amber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.05.2022.

A gift
I was given this perfume as a gift. It was before I became interested in perfumes, so I thanked the giver and wore it occasionally.
It’s fruity, not complex to my current nose, and fun. It’s benign, so can be worn anywhere. I still have the bottle, but no longer interested in it. The smell brings me good memories of my children being young, so I can’t part with it.

Not Delicious
When I was small I had a deodorant with a green apple smell which I adored. A few years ago I was browsing the net and saw the perfume which looked like a green apple and I decided to read about it and to my delight) I was promised my childhood memory, so I bought it.) But when it arrived I was really disappointed with its smell. It smelt nothing like a green apple. It was quite sharp with a note of a pickled cucumber and this smell made me nauseous. I put it away and I thought maybe I could give it to somebody but quickly ruled it out as you can't give something you really hate. So I decided to give it a go and started wearing it to the office just to scare the people away.) I was surprised when I got some compliments about this perfume. It is quite strong and it does last. When I wear it I can always feel its smell. Somehow it reminds me of cheap colognes men used to wear in the country I grew up. I still did not finish the bottle and I do occasionally put it on when I am in an obstinate mood)) , but I will never repurchase it and frankly be happy when I finish it. If I finish it...)
Liesa
Of orchard meadows and Munich fairs
Oh, I love apple juice. And apple sauce. And real old varieties of apples that you eat mealy and crumbly in the spring, just because you still have them around. Not that this perfume smells like that, but just to point out: I love apples, and so do a lot of other people.

I quite liked this perfume, got it as a gift at some point, also wore it more often, but it was never the great love. The little apple, which does not smell like apple, however, often accompanied me on trips, because he had such a nice pack size. But not on holiday trips, no, rather short trips to the countryside or business trips, mostly in summer. The sweet and citrusy scent doesn't irritate, doesn't have a monster sillage, but a good durability, and smells neither old-fashioned, nor too sweet, nor too intrusive. Over the years, I haven't come close to emptying my mini bottle because of these narrow application windows, and now the time has come: I plan to empty it this summer. Now that I've moved to the country and work from home a lot, it's also a good fit for its former uses.

But last but not least, to revisit the question- what does it smell like? Well, for me after great fairs and after summer trips to the countryside. Only after apple, he smells in any case not :)
Juicy freshness
I wore this fragrance up and down in my early 20s (it replaced my first signature fragrance Hugo Boss Femme when I was 18 or 19). For me it is an absolute nostalgia fragrance, with which I associate lightheartedness, youthfulness, freshness and sportiness. Somehow I also find it seductive in a certain way. I bought it again in my early 30s and still like to wear it at certain moments when I want something simple and uncomplicated. Be Delicious has also gotten me a few compliments, from "oh you smell so yummy", to "can I ask what you're wearing?". Kind of always works for me and brings back incredibly fond memories.

Ignorabilis
What I put in the 2000 time capsule ...
This morning I stood perplexed in front of my perfume collection and thought, "Maybe a good time to try the Parfumo Assistant for the first time!" No sooner said than done... So for a spring morning, I'm recommended: DKNY Be Delicious. Mm, ok. I had to look that one up first.
Be Delicious is a pleasant, refreshing scent. I smell mostly apple, cucumber and the woods in the base. A linear, uncomplicated fragrance that there is not much to say about. Also, because he says goodbye again quite quickly anyway.
So what is it about this fragrance? Above all, one thing: memories.
Be Delicious is the classic "Reminds me of..." fragrance, to which probably everyone has his own story. Back in the day, my father and I had picked out this fragrance together and given it to my mother for her birthday. In my school days, this was one of her favorite perfumes until it passed to me in middle school. Be Delicious smells to me like summer vacations, aimless drugstore visits with girlfriends, family outings, and so much more.
Today, I don't want to wear it anymore. Maybe also because it is already so full of memories that no new ones stick to it. But I still keep it - as a small 2000s time capsule.
Mayflower96
The scent of my best friend
My best friend from childhood to now still wore and still wears this scent and I love it on her and every other person who wears it. When she moved away from our hometown at that time, I immediately bought this fragrance, because I missed her and this fragrance insanely.Funnily enough, two women (with me three) in my circle of friends have this fragrance and you could already say that we have a few things in common ;) The three of us are not at a loss for words, simple and straightforward knitted, loyal souls and passionate about working and spending time in the outdoors.
Be delicious is a fragrance for young adult women who are not so into the typical sweet scents, but would rather go for something fresh and fruity.
Likewise, my best friend is allergic to almost all perfumes that exist, but not to the green apple!
I can definitely smell out apple, cucumber, grapefruit and lily of the valley, the rest a little less. If you apply too much of it, it can also quickly smell soapy (comparable to a concentrated shower gel), therefore - less is more.
Despite everything, a beautiful, timeless, fresh perfume, which I would recommend to any perfume novice. From me- full 10 points.
Edgar000
Wearing a woman's perfume as a man
The sample smelled so fresh that I wondered, "As a 20 year old man, can I wear this women's perfume?" Finally, I thought to myself, "Never mind. I like that apple freshness and the bottle looks cute too.... i'm buying Be Delicious." I'm glad I jumped over my shadow. It smells so good. Gave me joy.
P.S. It's the world's first perfume with natural apple extract
My first great love
This fragrance has accompanied me for many years. It simply belongs to me Hard to believe, but until recently it was almost my only perfume.

My big sister took me to a small perfumery when I was 12 or 13 and I was allowed to choose something... when I smelled that scent on the test strip, I wanted it right away! Love at first sight.

To me it smells fresh and invigorating. Just perfect for the summer. As I have read in many other reviews, it also smells slightly like freshly mowed lawn, which is by no means negative for me. I love this smell. Then a refreshing cucumber note is added....All the time surrounded by sparkling green apples. In the drydown I am left with a great woody note with soft blossoms.
On me, the fragrance has a pretty good shelf life. Especially in my hair I can still smell it after 8 hours.
I have often received compliments, especially from men, for the fragrance.

Since I've been wearing it for so long, it's just a nostalgic smell to me. I associate a lot of memories with it and I think people who know me for a long time will associate this fragrance with me.

It fits perfectly into spring and summer. For the other seasons it is too fresh.... It will also (unfortunately) not be used so often in the future. Once you have gone a little deeper into the world of fragrances there is simply too much to discover.
Please be nice to me, this is my first comment. I didn't want to make this fragrance look so bad here, as it was simply my first great love of perfume. :)
GirlofNow
Where's the apple note!????...
I became aware of this perfume by a Youtuberin...
She raved about how good, sexy and tasty this fragrance should be... + I like to eat apples anyway, especially green ones, they are the best in my opinion:D I thought to myself if the scent really soooo good smells, how many of that rave, then it absolutely must be tested!) I know many people who know me here on Parfumo know that I don't really prefer big green scents... (Better said not at all...) Rather nice gourmand - berries + fruity scents. Nevertheless I was extremely curious how it would smell:)))...

Arrived in the perfumery this time, alone without grandpa I had to make my own and above all meaningful decisions:D With him I always think about whether it is worth it for this perfume to spend the money, or not but thank God the decision was not so difficult for me with this fragrance... I had to search for this perfume for a long time until I could find this perfume... And that was placed exactly with the Bruno Banani fragrances... Weird but okey.

Asoooo the bottle speaks, now personally 0 to me! It has nothing beautiful or interesting... It's just boring! But the content counts... I sprayed on a test strip and the air stayed away! ( Not in the positive sense...!) It just smelled like freshly mown lawn!....:(((( I don't want to be mean but what's delicious about it? Or rather, sexy!? I don't want to smell like a freshly mown lawn! 2min later I smelled some cucumber note.... Okey maybe the Youtuberin meant by delicious the cucumber note. I don't know why, I'm upset about it but am I the only one who doesn't smell a nice apple note??? Except these, two notes or better said a scent note (in the scent course there is nothing of a lawn) I could smell nothing of an apple! I was a bit sad that, I couldn't smell a single apple note as I LOVE the smell of green apples in particular! Be that as it may, I can't say anything about the H+S because I don't have any test strips anymore... What do you think?????
Delicious contrast programme
After hours of hiking in the hot sun through the mountains of my homeland, I enter an air-conditioned drugstore in a small town, buy water and test the green apple from Big Apple City. The deliciously refreshing scent molecules quickly conquer the room and two women become aware of them. You're asking me what smells so fresh and so great in here. I'll tell them and we'll talk. They have, it seems to me, only recently discovered their love for fragrances and apparently they are still a little ashamed to buy more perfume than they will be able to consume in the foreseeable future. Which is reasonable first of all...

I don't know if they bought the green apple, I bought it weeks later in a smaller bottle. Too beautiful was the refreshing scent that brought up in me the memory of Theodor Storm's fairy tale "Die Regentrude". Here the fireman scorching the meadows fights against the sleeping rain pack and the rich, greedy farmer against the poor, nature-loving Stine. Their courageous children then set off in secret early in the morning to find the rain joy and wake it up with the old secret saying: "Dunst is wave, dust is source...". They get themselves in the end, because the rich farmer has to realize that the value of his property in meadows and fields melts without rain like butter in the sun.

Perhaps there is a hunch somewhere in me about certain parallels to the present summer weather, which can almost be called creepy, and the childish idea of fighting it with a few sprays of fresh scent. I wish, and it'll work for a few seconds, won't it?

LarwenLarwen 3 months ago
Classic that still feels fresh and wearable. As a teacher this is my go-to fragrance.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Pure green apple. Girly, cute and fresh.

by Klopfnote
by Echtdufte
by Violetta1
by Violetta1

Popular by DKNY / Donna Karan

Black Cashmere by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (2008) by DKNY / Donna Karan Liquid Cashmere Black by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan Essence: Wenge by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (1996) (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men Unleaded by DKNY / Donna Karan Delicious Night by DKNY / Donna Karan Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious Fresh Blossom (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Vanilla / A Drop of Vanilla by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Verbena / A Drop of Verbena by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Gold (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan Essence: Labdanum by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan (Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Gold (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan