Golden Delicious (2011)

Golden Delicious by DKNY / Donna Karan

Golden Delicious is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-floral. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesGolden Delicious apple, Mirabelle, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCasablanca lily, Lily-of-the-valley, Vanilla orchid, White rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Teakwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.04.2019

5.0 7.5 7.5 4.0/10

The Kind of Apples used to Make iPhones
I never seem to learn with this line! I keep thinking that the next version is going to smell like real apples and other organic biological entities. Especially every Autumn with the rich abundant harvest all around me, tables at the market laden with at least 10 different varieties of juicy, crunchy, sweet, tart, yellow, red, green and everything in between. Fruit flies are freaking out, people who don't normally bake are dreaming of hot molten apple pie slathered with yummy vanilla bean ice cream. Cider is being fresh pressed by the road side (suspicious, but we're throwing caution to the Fall wind, like fiery orange maple leaves floating off the trees!). As I contemplate apple picking and children are riding through corn mazes on the back of tractors while collecting pumpkins and I just want to be apart of it! So what better way to get into the season than to find a juicy succulent full-bodied Apple fragrance to layer with my Gingery witches brew by Serge Lutens "Five O'clock aux Gingembre"? Any apple with a good distinctive true scent that is not cloying will do, I'm no snob and though I tend towards niche...I can't wait around for another 2 months until my winter fragrance budget materializes."Ain't nobody got time for that!"...it will be time for Marzipan and Sugar Cookie Scents soon enough. So I tried the Golden Delicious, Delicious Rio, Delicious London, Delicious Paris and Delicious NYC. Ugh! I love the concept, I like the bottle design, but these are all based on such a synthetic loud smelling linear apple accord. Golden has a touch of aquatic underneath, another problem for me- it's out of synch in this composition and season. Each of the other iterations goes slightly into different base notes...but there is only one version of the apple note, apparently and it last and last in such an obnoxious cloud that I had to immediately leave my shopping spree and wash myself and hand wash my silk blouse as well(now, you know that's a bad omen). "Enchanted Apple by Victoria's Secret" is about the same quality at a 1/5 the price. And anyway, there's an awesome little sweet toffee apple fragrance called "Nina L'Elixir" by Nina Ricci and a delightful not-so-sweet niche apple, tulip, tobacco and leather affair called L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversee Du Bosphore by L'Artisan- same price range, FYI. I'd check these along side Golden Delicious, before choosing this one because...to be honest, Golden Delicious smells like plastic computer parts sprayed with apple scented air freshener by glade, IMHO. Yep, I said it.
7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

My favourite apple scent
This is in my book, apple perfection. The original DKNY Be Delicious, was for me, too sharp and green and the Red Delicious, while I loved it, turned all berry jam and shampoo on my skin. DKNY Golden Delicious is different, it's more believable, a much less synthetic interpretation of a crisp apple.

The apple note smells like the real thing. A yellow apple picked straight from the tree. Juicy, crisp and refreshing. Floral notes have been intermixed into this composition, with orange blossom, lily of the valley and rose creating a soft and clean finish.

I can easily wear this fragrance and not feel nauseated. I don't usually wear fruity scents, so for me to like DKNY Golden Delicious is a huge thing. It has a slight pear accord as well, that makes me adore this fragrance even more.

This is not necessarily a teen fragrance, I find elements of it somewhat mature, and I mean that in a good way. It would wear well all year 'round, perhaps even being versatile enough to be worn formally. It's wonderfully inoffensive and incredibly lasting on the skin. Really, what more could you want?

by Vanna