DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) (1999)

DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan

DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 1999. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Mandarin, Orange, Tomato leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Jasmine, Cassia, Narcissus, Orchid, Rose, Waterlily, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Birch, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Suede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.09.2019

5.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Sorelena
Tomato leaf, lime, frozen metal stick
Because I love the Escentric Molecule 04 fragrance, I also love DKNY Women.

Sure, many would say that it smells very synthetic and maybe much too strong and "rough" and "scratchy" ( not feminine, gentle )... but that's exactly what I like about this perfume. It is not mainstream, but very modern and lively...it reminds me of a skyscraper... Minimalist, cold, highly modern, metallic.

In my opinion one of the best fragrances for 30 plus degrees and totally unisex... Funny how it's called women.

Although there is no lime in the notes, my nose can smell it very clearly. If you know the Escentric Molecule 04, where perfumer Geza Schön uses grapefruit and metallic notes or Acqua Colonia Lime& Nutmeg (also made by G. Schön) which is a modern cool-citric scent, then you will surely like DKNY Women Energising EDP.

DKNY Women Energising EDP is not for everyone but if you want to try something more "edgy" but not expensive, that would be a good start.
10.0 6.0 5.0 9.0/10

Want some cool energy?
DKNY Woman - Energizing Eau de Parfum may be a polarizer because he is not necessarily a pleasing flatterer. A little synthetic in smell, similar to the green apple, but all in all it is lively and lively and can increase the resistance against the heat these days as a secret weapon that is always ready. Citric scents in combination with narcissus, orchid, jasmine and water lily delight the olfactory cells and the "energizing" in the name also suggests an increase in personal daily energy.

Can you smell metal? Sure Especially when it's damp or wet. For example, I perceive the scent of the silver of the bracelet after swimming, perhaps also because the iron of the feather is added from the locking spring ring.

The clear, transparent bottle with the self-confident, unromantic inscription increases the cool impression by reminiscent of a mineral, perhaps rock crystal, which I tried to capture in my photo. At the same time, it is probably intended to evoke the obvious association with the New York Twintowers - as a homage to Donna Karan from New York.

As one of America's most important fashion designers, she laid the foundation for what is now known as capsule wardrobe in the 1980s - a kind of minimalist fashion for a variety of combinations. She also designed these clothes for the "average figure" of a working woman - at that time women who wanted to go into business still had to resort to black suits in smaller men's sizes. She revived her black and comfortable basic wardrobe by accentuating it with colorful accessories.

Cool and unsweet, fresh and lively - I am glad that I have my little Twintower.
2.0/10

blandness bottled
On me, it's a bland fruity-floral with a faky chemical note that I think must be the vodka. That burns off after a while, leaving a simple fruity-tea type of smell, a cousin to Tommy Girl. (Which is also completely inoffensive and boring on me.) Most scents last a long time on me, but this one waves a wan goodbye at about 1 1/2 hours and drifts off to sleep. (051609)
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Vodka shots, wet concrete and soap
Clean and refreshing but unfortunately not my cup of tea. A pleasant enough lemon-scented detergent blend in my opinion.

I'll give credit to this fragrance for being unique and modern. DKNY is like a mixture of fruits, soapiness and spices. There is also a subtle hint of alcohol, like vodka intermixed with the citrusy top notes.

I have actually smelt this on a girl that I used to work with that really did this scent justice. On her DKNY smelt clean and pretty but on my skin this fragrance is acrid and strong. It really depends on skin chemistry with this scent.

I read somewhere that there was a note of wet cobblestones in this fragrance and somehow I sense it. DKNY does remind me of a city just after a storm, the smell of damp concrete and stone. A fascinating scent to say the least.

This is a relatively light scent which lasts a great while on the skin. I can't say that I disliked this fragrance, I enjoyed it to a certain extent just not on myself.

by Sunnyiland