DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) 1999

DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan
DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 1999. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Sophia Grojsman

BirchBirch
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
SuedeSuede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.10.2021.

My first long-term relationship
It starts citric-alcoholic and almost pungent, but in the course of this fragrance is very special and somehow sympathetically balanced, but with that certain something, not directly transparent. Before my eyes I see a self-confident, pragmatic woman, freshly showered, on her way to the next appointment. When it comes to her choice of skincare products, she knows exactly what works, and rarely reaches for exclusive, high-priced products. They have to be fresh - and easy to get hold of, period. She likes to be with people and enriches every round with her uncomplicated manner. A woman who is definitely good for surprises and with whom you can steal horses.

I smelled this fragrance for the first time with a good friend and it all helped nothing: I had to buy it again. That was over 10 years ago now and for a long time it was the only one I wore, in every situation. Then I gradually grew out of it, but I like to come back now and then
RekaB
Ingenious fresh & good mood fragrance for self-confident
I know and use this fragrance for over 15 years for sure.

My first contact with this fragrance: I smelled it on a former colleague at the time again and again - and then finally bought it myself. It fit quite well to her I think. She had short brown hair that was always a little tousled, was a very spirited woman who spread good vibes and here and there also like to tell the one or other perverted joke in the round.

Since then, this fragrance is in my collection, except for a small break in between. Since then I associate this fragrance with this, small cheeky and self-confident colleague. It is for me fresh, sporty, confident, extravagant, smells like freshly showered, clean and modern and cheeky at the same time.

Tomato leaf, suede ... what an awesome combo is that please!!!

A few years ago in Vienna: in the Albertina, wonderful museum. A woman stands next to me and admires with her husband a picture.

I could not resist and have finally addressed her on her perfume, before I followed her before inconspicuously a while with the hope to guess what this could be. Was even surprised to have recognized the fragrance not at all because I used it myself long before! She seemed to be here on holiday, spoke only English and was a bit surprised about my question regarding her scent, but finally she laughed heartily and told me :) Once back home, you guessed it, the fragrance was reordered.

Interesting that fragrances often smell quite different when others wear it.

I totally love using this fragrance in the spring and summer. For hot days it is a welcome cool down, helps to keep a cool head. I love wearing this scent to work, it makes me feel like I just had a fresh shower throughout the day. I associate this scent with a serenity, a certain coolness. It makes me feel a bit masculine, which also gives me a certain strength and a touch of dominance. I may also sometimes loose from the row dancing and tell a perverted joke.

I imagine with this fragrance an elegant, minimalist dressed business woman. But equally it fits a woman who likes to wear her sneakers and boyfriend jeans :) And yes, to high heels and dress also well conceivable. However, this fragrance is less a question of outfit, but actually more of attitude and mood :)

Slightly metallic is the fragrance yes, but in no way negative and certainly not like a rusted metal bar or something. This metallic even gives the whole this certain dominance, power and strength. I think that's good and times a brilliant change from other floral & fresh Düftchen for the "good ladies" ;)

Durability is for that it is a fresh perfume quite ok, I smell it on the clothes in the evening still, but of course no longer so intense. I like to spray after daytime.

The appearance of the flacon I find quite casual & stylish.

I like to spray 3-4 times to achieve a real freshness kick :)

Well then, on to spray and tell perverted jokes ;)
That's a corner...
For me a super summer scent. Time away from the same old lemon. The lemon gets a real corner. Probably due to the tomato green. Wonderful. By light sweetness, the angular bang is somewhat cushioned. You could already call the fragrance striking. Feminine? No. I got to know this fragrance through my ex. I think about what is better now or was ?
Sorelena
Tomato leaf, lime, frozen metal stick
Because I love the Escentric Molecule 04 fragrance, I also love DKNY Women.

Sure, many would say that it smells very synthetic and maybe much too strong and "rough" and "scratchy" ( not feminine, gentle )... but that's exactly what I like about this perfume. It is not mainstream, but very modern and lively...it reminds me of a skyscraper... Minimalist, cold, highly modern, metallic.

In my opinion one of the best fragrances for 30 plus degrees and totally unisex... Funny how it's called women.

Although there is no lime in the notes, my nose can smell it very clearly. If you know the Escentric Molecule 04, where perfumer Geza Schön uses grapefruit and metallic notes or Acqua Colonia Lime& Nutmeg (also made by G. Schön) which is a modern cool-citric scent, then you will surely like DKNY Women Energising EDP.

DKNY Women Energising EDP is not for everyone but if you want to try something more "edgy" but not expensive, that would be a good start.
Want some cool energy?
DKNY Woman - Energizing Eau de Parfum may be a polarizer because he is not necessarily a pleasing flatterer. A little synthetic in smell, similar to the green apple, but all in all it is lively and lively and can increase the resistance against the heat these days as a secret weapon that is always ready. Citric scents in combination with narcissus, orchid, jasmine and water lily delight the olfactory cells and the "energizing" in the name also suggests an increase in personal daily energy.

Can you smell metal? Sure Especially when it's damp or wet. For example, I perceive the scent of the silver of the bracelet after swimming, perhaps also because the iron of the feather is added from the locking spring ring.

The clear, transparent bottle with the self-confident, unromantic inscription increases the cool impression by reminiscent of a mineral, perhaps rock crystal, which I tried to capture in my photo. At the same time, it is probably intended to evoke the obvious association with the New York Twintowers - as a homage to Donna Karan from New York.

As one of America's most important fashion designers, she laid the foundation for what is now known as capsule wardrobe in the 1980s - a kind of minimalist fashion for a variety of combinations. She also designed these clothes for the "average figure" of a working woman - at that time women who wanted to go into business still had to resort to black suits in smaller men's sizes. She revived her black and comfortable basic wardrobe by accentuating it with colorful accessories.

Cool and unsweet, fresh and lively - I am glad that I have my little Twintower.
Sparkling, fruity, fresh
DKNY Women could be summed up so simply, but the fragrance is not quite so simply knitted after all.

The start is fruity and tangy with tangerine and orange and you really have the feeling to bite into a tangerine or orange with the juice splashing to all sides. No artificial flavour but real juicy orange or tangerine. Quite fast the tomato leaf is added and dims the fruity sweetness with its green-herbal note. Nevertheless tangerine and orange remain present, even if tamed.

I can't recognize any of the flowers listed. I smell an orange, flowery, green overall composition. Only at the very end a vanilla note reaches my nose, probably heliotrope and woody hints with a very, very delicate hint of leather are added.

I was really surprised by the long durability, because 8 - 9 hours I was accompanied by DKNY Women. The silage is not really intoxicating, but rather close to the body, but absolutely okay for a summer scent. You don't want to stress your fellow men unnecessarily at high temperatures.

Even though today is April 20th, the thermometer has climbed to 28° and DKNY Women was a wonderful companion. This will definitely be one of my secret weapons for the hopefully hot summer.

blandness bottled
On me, it's a bland fruity-floral with a faky chemical note that I think must be the vodka. That burns off after a while, leaving a simple fruity-tea type of smell, a cousin to Tommy Girl. (Which is also completely inoffensive and boring on me.) Most scents last a long time on me, but this one waves a wan goodbye at about 1 1/2 hours and drifts off to sleep. (051609)

Vodka shots, wet concrete and soap
Clean and refreshing but unfortunately not my cup of tea. A pleasant enough lemon-scented detergent blend in my opinion.

I'll give credit to this fragrance for being unique and modern. DKNY is like a mixture of fruits, soapiness and spices. There is also a subtle hint of alcohol, like vodka intermixed with the citrusy top notes.

I have actually smelt this on a girl that I used to work with that really did this scent justice. On her DKNY smelt clean and pretty but on my skin this fragrance is acrid and strong. It really depends on skin chemistry with this scent.

I read somewhere that there was a note of wet cobblestones in this fragrance and somehow I sense it. DKNY does remind me of a city just after a storm, the smell of damp concrete and stone. A fascinating scent to say the least.

This is a relatively light scent which lasts a great while on the skin. I can't say that I disliked this fragrance, I enjoyed it to a certain extent just not on myself.

Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 2 months ago
Crispy, clean, energetic, really mood up-lifting. Super all-arounder for hot summer days. Unisex. Great value for money.

by Sunnyiland
by Sunnyiland
by Felicity
by Felicity
by Jabelchen
by Jabelchen

Popular DKNY / Donna Karan

Black Cashmere by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (2008) by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan Essence: Wenge by DKNY / Donna Karan Liquid Cashmere Black by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (1996) (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men Unleaded by DKNY / Donna Karan Delicious Night by DKNY / Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious Fresh Blossom (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Vanilla / A Drop of Vanilla by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Verbena / A Drop of Verbena by DKNY / Donna Karan Gold (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan Essence: Labdanum by DKNY / Donna Karan Golden Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Men (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan