My NY by DKNY / Donna Karan

My NY is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Galbanum, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian jasmine, Freesia, Orris root
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla absolute, Musk, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 11.11.2019.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Rita Ora.

7.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10

Diet Flowerbomb?
To me, this sort of smells like a "Diet Flowerbomb", but with more fruit. It's a very similar patchouli to Flowerbomb and La Vie Est Belle, but it lacks the overpowering strength (Which, in my opinion is a good thing, since despite liking those scents, I can never wear them without hurting my head!) There's also a little something strange or tangy in this one, that I can't quite pinpoint, perhaps it's the pink pepper. It makes it unique among other fragrances in this class, and gives it a bit of a kick.
2.5 2.5 2.5 1.0/10

Gold
Looking for the opposite of "unique"?
It says "rasberry and galbanum" in the pyramide and in the brochure I was handed together with my sample. I cannot detect any galbanum at all. (It is one of my favourite notes). I read phrases like "absolutely unique", "totally irresistible", "playful and spontanous". The ads are just as boring as the fragrances. In "My NY" I smell some artificial flowers. An imitation of jasmine seems trendy, notably from Egypt, orris root is mentioned, because it stands for high quality, but I can't smell it in this scent.
If this nondescript chemical soup passes as "unique", McDonald's chicken-burger is "haute cuisine".

by Nisie
by Nisie
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular DKNY / Donna Karan

Be Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Vanilla / A Drop of Vanilla by DKNY / Donna Karan Black Cashmere by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious Fresh Blossom (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Delicious Night by DKNY / Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Golden Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (2008) by DKNY / Donna Karan Gold (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Red Delicious by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Verbena / A Drop of Verbena by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Rose / A Drop of Rose by DKNY / Donna Karan Sweet Delicious Pink Macaron by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Nectar Love by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Men (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious Men (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan