My NY by DKNY / Donna Karan

My NY is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Galbanum, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian jasmine, Freesia, Orris root
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla absolute, Musk, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.08.2018

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Rita Ora.

7.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10

Diet Flowerbomb?
To me, this sort of smells like a "Diet Flowerbomb", but with more fruit. It's a very similar patchouli to Flowerbomb and La Vie Est Belle, but it lacks the overpowering strength (Which, in my opinion is a good thing, since despite liking those scents, I can never wear them without hurting my head!) There's also a little something strange or tangy in this one, that I can't quite pinpoint, perhaps it's the pink pepper. It makes it unique among other fragrances in this class, and gives it a bit of a kick.
2.5 2.5 2.5 1.0/10

Gold
Looking for the opposite of "unique"?
It says "rasberry and galbanum" in the pyramide and in the brochure I was handed together with my sample. I cannot detect any galbanum at all. (It is one of my favourite notes). I read phrases like "absolutely unique", "totally irresistible", "playful and spontanous". The ads are just as boring as the fragrances. In "My NY" I smell some artificial flowers. An imitation of jasmine seems trendy, notably from Egypt, orris root is mentioned, because it stands for high quality, but I can't smell it in this scent.
If this nondescript chemical soup passes as "unique", McDonald's chicken-burger is "haute cuisine".

by Nisie