My NY by DKNY / Donna Karan
My NY is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberryRaspberry GalbanumGalbanum Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian jasmineEgyptian jasmine FreesiaFreesia Orris rootOrris root
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli Vanilla absoluteVanilla absolute MuskMusk AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 21.06.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Rita Ora.

Suessnase
Thank God, continued again!
First of all: MY DKNY by DKNY was the first perfume that I have regularly re-bought and at some point on the Internet was no longer found. A search on the Facebook page of DKNY then resulted in the unpleasant news, Discontinued ... I was incomprehensible at the time, so I have contacted via Facebook to DKNY and now we come to the point that I must particularly emphasize. DKNY has a bombastic customer service. My fear was confirmed, but they asked me for my address to send me a ,,redress". 2 weeks later, mail arrived from the US, a miniature of MY DKNY and a 30 ml version of the ,,Be Delicious". In addition, a handwritten apology, I was and am thrilled.
Thereupon I was able to get hold of 2 large 100 ml heart flacons at an online retailer, which were now used with thoughtfulness. A few weeks ago then the surprise while browsing, he seems to be back :D This is my first comment on a fragrance and it seemed to me none more worthy!

With a wide variety of fragrances, body lotion samples made me aware of the perfume. This was the case with NR EDT and also with MY DKNY. The sample was used one evening after bathing and the scent that nestled around me afterwards like a warm blanket, has surprised me very positively. I have never warmed up to any other DKNY fragrance! I found the fragrance to be warm and woody, with a pleasant, fruity sweetness.

I got compliments on my perfume the next day at the office that was actually just body lotion from the night before. After this day, I got me directly a bottle, which was already very affordable in the 30 ml version at the time. At home tested directly, the fragrance disappointed me unfortunately. The soft, sweet "cuddly wood scent" needs namely something to develop, unlike the lotion. Initially, the raspberry is very synthetic, headache loud. But after about 10 minutes, the familiar scent sets 30 ml have no lid, you press directly on the smooth surfaces of the heart to spray, I like that visually super, but dust quickly ;)
For fans of sweet, fruity fragrances with adult drydown worth a try, especially at the current price!

Diet Flowerbomb?
To me, this sort of smells like a "Diet Flowerbomb", but with more fruit. It's a very similar patchouli to Flowerbomb and La Vie Est Belle, but it lacks the overpowering strength (Which, in my opinion is a good thing, since despite liking those scents, I can never wear them without hurting my head!) There's also a little something strange or tangy in this one, that I can't quite pinpoint, perhaps it's the pink pepper. It makes it unique among other fragrances in this class, and gives it a bit of a kick.

Gold
Looking for the opposite of "unique"?
It says "rasberry and galbanum" in the pyramide and in the brochure I was handed together with my sample. I cannot detect any galbanum at all. (It is one of my favourite notes). I read phrases like "absolutely unique", "totally irresistible", "playful and spontanous". The ads are just as boring as the fragrances. In "My NY" I smell some artificial flowers. An imitation of jasmine seems trendy, notably from Egypt, orris root is mentioned, because it stands for high quality, but I can't smell it in this scent.
If this nondescript chemical soup passes as "unique", McDonald's chicken-burger is "haute cuisine".

by Nisie
by Nisie
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular by DKNY / Donna Karan

Black Cashmere by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (2008) by DKNY / Donna Karan Liquid Cashmere Black by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan Essence: Wenge by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Chaos (1996) (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan DK Men Unleaded by DKNY / Donna Karan Delicious Night by DKNY / Donna Karan Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious Fresh Blossom (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Be Delicious (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Vanilla / A Drop of Vanilla by DKNY / Donna Karan Pure DKNY - Verbena / A Drop of Verbena by DKNY / Donna Karan DKNY Women (Energizing Eau de Toilette) by DKNY / Donna Karan Gold (Eau de Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan Essence: Labdanum by DKNY / Donna Karan Donna Karan (Parfum) by DKNY / Donna Karan