Nectar Love by DKNY / Donna Karan

Nectar Love is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesYellow freesia, Mandarin, Grapefruit, Nectarine, Salicylate
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Mirabelle
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Vanilla, Musk, Beeswax, Neroli

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.07.2019

10.0 6.0 9.0 2.0/10

Banal and cloying
I tested this tonight in Ulta. The adorable bottle with the little bees on it really caught my eye! I should have known…bees=honey. Honey is one of my kryptonite notes, and it is majorly present in this perfume. It’s basically fruity and honey-sweet.

I can detect the watery sweetness of the freesia, and all of these fruits are present and lift it up out of the flat-out honey sweetness. I detect no jasmine, no neroli, nothing else, except maybe a bit of the vanilla. It’s sweet! I don’t like it because I don’t like honey and this is tooth-achingly sweet and cloying in that teenager way.

Sillage is pretty good for the one squirt I gave my hand. Longevity is very good. I’ve scrubbed my hands twice and showered, and it’s still there. I’m not a fan of DKNY or Donna Karan scents in general, so this is one more to place in my “fail” list.

Anyway, as I said, the bottle is adorable, but I need more than cute packaging. I need something worthwhile inside. Same with people.

by Stran