Nectar Love by DKNY / Donna Karan

Bcars10
20.12.2017 - 04:13 AM
Helpful Review

Banal and cloying

I tested this tonight in Ulta. The adorable bottle with the little bees on it really caught my eye! I should have known…bees=honey. Honey is one of my kryptonite notes, and it is majorly present in this perfume. It’s basically fruity and honey-sweet.

I can detect the watery sweetness of the freesia, and all of these fruits are present and lift it up out of the flat-out honey sweetness. I detect no jasmine, no neroli, nothing else, except maybe a bit of the vanilla. It’s sweet! I don’t like it because I don’t like honey and this is tooth-achingly sweet and cloying in that teenager way.

Sillage is pretty good for the one squirt I gave my hand. Longevity is very good. I’ve scrubbed my hands twice and showered, and it’s still there. I’m not a fan of DKNY or Donna Karan scents in general, so this is one more to place in my “fail” list.

Anyway, as I said, the bottle is adorable, but I need more than cute packaging. I need something worthwhile inside. Same with people.

Latest Reviews

Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
Roses Musk (Eau de Parfum) - Montale

Roses Musk (Eau de Parfum) Sharp, manly rose
I'm with Sherapop, the musk in this must be ambroxan. There are roses for sure, but it also has that weird, sharp metallic tang that I get from Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume. I don't like it. It reads as masculine to my nose, and makes my brain...

Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
Agent Provocateur - Agent Provocateur

Agent Provocateur A Rose Warhead
WOW! This stuff is potent. One thing I'm sure of: I'm definitely smelling a LOT of rose! And it's not really the sweet, clear rose of Stella McCartney's Stella; it is closer to my grandmother's fusty rose, unfortunately. At the top I also strangely...