Pure DKNY - VanillaA Drop of Vanilla (2010)

Pure DKNY - Vanilla / A Drop of Vanilla by DKNY / Donna Karan

Pure DKNY - Vanilla is a perfume by DKNY / Donna Karan for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesVanilla
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Freesia, Lotus, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.09.2019

10.0 4.0 5.0 9.5/10

A gentle dream
For the first time I discovered the gentle scent in the noisy shopping mall. On a trial tour he came into my hands and was almost forgotten again. But wait! What the hell was that? Suddenly the noise around me had disappeared and I sank into silky soft bath foam. Pure relaxation. Like someone pressed the pause button! I had to gather briefly to see the world around me again. This had seldom happened to me before. The dift wasn't spectacular at all. A little water (jax somehow I smell water here), a little vanilla and something very slightly woody. Like in a spa.... And this gentle mixture, which actually doesn't have any "Wumms" at all, just makes it. She catapults me out of everyday life into a bubble of peace and relaxation. I didn't take DKNY Pure with me at first. "Too expensive," my mind said. And also the durability is not special, so waste of money. But I have never forgotten him, sneaking around him again and again. Sprayed him secretly, sniffed and enjoyed. And then, finally, years later, I gave myself a jolt and bought it. In the office he is now an oasis of calm, I was sometimes "sniffed" closer, although not addressed. He's definitely worth the investment!

Light everyday vanilla
I like vanilla and have a hard time controlling myself not to buy every vanilla fragrance. Pure DKNY Vanilla has the advantage that the fragrance is not too heavy and sweet. Domit it is suitable rather times for the everyday life than some others.

As others have already mentioned, the fragrance is not earth-shattering, but nice to wear.
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

How Pure is Pure?
How pure is DKNY PURE? Judging from the splitting headache by which I am currently plagued, I'm guessing not all that pure after all. The composition itself is very similar to my nose to Calvin Klein's new perfume, BEAUTY, except that the latter is better constructed and more floral, with a heavier jasmine note. DKNY PURE has something dirty-ish in it that reminded me initially of Bond no 9 MONTAUK, but it becomes much closer to BEAUTY in the drydown. The headache factor however excludes PURE from my further consideration. I did not apply very much--about half my sample vial--so I'd venture to guess that there's more poison than "Ugandan CARE vanilla" in a bottle of PURE.

Which brings me to an irresistible jibe at the complete and utter hoakiness of bragging about the inclusion of Ugandan vanilla in a perfume. This is not a bottle of vanilla extract. This is not even an oriental vanilla perfume! This is a solution containing maybe a couple of drops of vanilla (maybe less, given that the vanilla is barely detectable!). We are to believe that the magnanimous saints at DKNY are saving Ugandan lives through the launch of this perfume? Give me a break.

But wait, there's more. Suppose perchance that some perfumistas less astute than sherapop erroneously infer that the source of their PURE-induced headaches is the "special" CARE vanilla included there? Then, quite far from helping, DKNY will have harmed the women of Uganda.

-----------
I ended up with a bottle of this somehow and am glad that I gave it a second chance. The composition is not bad. But my critique of their lame campaign stands.
5.0 5.0 7.0/10

A 'non-perfumey' clean floral
Simplistic yet likable, Pure by DKNY will leave you feeling feminine, clean and pretty.

Pure and 'white' is really what this fragrance conveys to me. It's a subtle blend of florals with only a slight touch of sweetness.

There is something very soothing about this scent, however it may be difficult finding an occasion to wear it. For me, personally, it's extremely casual, like something you'd wear if you chose to spend the day at home.

I can't pinpoint any particular notes in Pure by DKNY. They all seem to blend together nicely making an all-round, pleasant and clean floral blend.

The lasting strength is so-so. Not particularly long-lasting but not fleeting either. I'd recommend Pure by DKNY as being a good choice for those women that dislike anything too strong or too 'perfumey'. This could be that perfect, gentle and inoffensive floral that they may have been searching for.

by Nisie