Amber Kiso (2018)

Amber Kiso by D.S. & Durga

Amber Kiso is a new perfume by D.S. & Durga for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is smoky-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCryptomeria, Frankincense, Sawara cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesJapanese maple, Patchouli, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesHinoki cypress, Leather, Tree moss

Submitted by M3000, last update on 22.02.2019

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 3.0/10
BBQ doused with medicine
Another (probable) blind-buy mistake. Unlike Amber Teutonic, I don't get any amber from this. I would characterize Amber Kiso as a leather fragrance. Even then, it's more like a BBQ fragrance. The smoke is so intense--is that supposed to be "leather"? I think the whole "ancient armor" description is rather dramatic and kind of exaggerated. I was expecting this lovely, smooth, woody blend that smelled simple and Japanese. I could have sworn I read a review on Cafleurebon that said it was so, but this stuff clobbers you from the first spray until 14+ hours later. It's a sillage monster on me. It's fairly linear. After a a couple hours, there is a medicinal note that I notice, like resinous herbs, like sage and rosemary blended together. I like this part, probably the saving grace for me, but I'm not sure I can jive with with overwhelming BBQ scent. I actually thought Mississippi Medicine would smell just like this because so many people say it's smoky and medicinal, and sillage was minimal. Amber Kiso matches those descriptions a lot better. If you like MM as I do, and you wish it was insanely tenacious or even downright aggressive, far more smoky and leathery, this will be your jam! I am going to keep my bottle for now because I think it might grow on me. I would suggest spraying VERY lightly at first. I think a light mist would bring out the other notes better.

Popular D.S. & Durga

Bowmakers by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga Italian Citrus by D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Isle Ryder by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Foxglove by D.S. & Durga Cowboy Grass by D.S. & Durga Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga Debaser by D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Bitter Rose, Broken Spear by D.S. & Durga Coriander by D.S. & Durga Sir by D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop by D.S. & Durga Boston Ivy by D.S. & Durga Radio Bombay by D.S. & Durga Silent Grove by D.S. & Durga Rose Atlantic by D.S. & Durga White Peacock Lily by D.S. & Durga