Cowboy Grass 2008

Cowboy Grass by D.S. & Durga
Cowboy Grass is a popular perfume by D.S. & Durga for men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRosewood, Wild thyme, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesSagebrush, Basil, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Grass, Ambergris

Submitted by Feylamia, last update on 25.11.2020.

Trail through the steppe
1820: my life as a bounty hunter took me through many a godforsaken nest, through valleys of death and above all through one thing: lonely landscapes, dry wasteland and starvation for days on end. As romantic as I imagined my existence at the beginning of my career, the reality was sobering. So today I left the lush green valley for the prairie with mixed feelings

I walked past the cattle, which were chewing the wonderful green grass, which smelled of life, so juicy it was. There were only a few barren spots, but these could not cloud the overall picture. So I sucked in the scent of these meadows and fields. By the way, free from olfactory accompaniment of the animal inhabitants. On the way I looked at various settlements of wild thyme, which smelled spicy and preferred these stony areas. Here it thrived, shaped not only the landscape but also the smell of the steppe.
The steppe here in South Dakota was quite picturesque with its herds of bison. The green still smelled of untamed nature but also of the dust of the badlands, which is carried by the wind into the prairie and completes the picture. The further one went in their direction, I had to learn this often, the more this grassy smell decreased. It no longer smelled saturated but successively more inferior as if the desert was taking over. Analogous to its barrenness, the scent became ascetic, not one-dimensional or monotonous, but rather varied in its wasteland. This was also due to the desert mugwort which grew without any problems further out on the dusty ground and is in principle a sage variant. Accordingly, it shaped the grassy scent, seemed bitter and yet sweetish at the same time, and gave the prevailing smell various facets.
But the sweet sublime nature of the grass, the vetiver to be precise, remained the expression of the life that lives in it. A traveller from other continents once told me that they used it to protect and at the same time fence in their fields and fields. This scent accompanied me on my way through the canyon, through the badlands, so that I always remembered the friendlier areas of this region. This helped me on my ways. But I have to be honest with myself: rather faster than slower the original scent vanished and became weaker and weaker. The surrounding countryside broke the energy of the grassland and so the scent lived on in my memory for the most part.
So Cowboy Grass is a fragrance which seems to be a pure grass scent. Animalik is not present, which one could think at the beginning, although Durga has in principle other craft strengths than Animalik. Cowboy Grass seems to have hit what it is. Authentic, interesting and so hardly to be found, the Wild West and its landscape is sketched. Beautiful? Yes. Better than other durgas? I don't think so, but that depends on personal taste. It's not a forest, it's not smoke, it's really grass in several variations. A harmonious scent of some kind. You should know that.
P.S.: how authentic the ingredients are now, I don't know. Vetiver and rosewood are not typically American, but that belongs under the artistic broad coat. Authentic and I mean really realistic natural scents of regions are available at Bravanariz, for example, who cares. Just by the way.
What cowboy?
For me, it's the closest thing I've had to grass. What the cowboy should...? Daring and originality? It doesn't need him. The grass is quite nature-identical in itself. It is not the green-juicy, but the mown variant... so about after the tenth hour of dryness. Pleasant, somewhat dull and rather spicy than green. Hold like hay. This can lead to a little nervousness during the first 30 minutes to hours. Do I want to smell exactly like such an ordinary remnant of nature?

Rescue is at hand. When brought to operating temperature, Rose and Vetiver work their way up and break with the dry stuff. I would have guessed saffron... but whatever. In any case, after a long run you get back into safe Durga waterways, which always emphasize the closeness to nature, but fortunately are also always prettified with a little pizzazz.

Altogether a very calming among the anyway not very shrill Durgas. Like a freshly brewed herbal meadow tea.

Durability and Sillage are good and easily over. The flacon does its job, but I now like the old flasks much better than these clunky barrels.

by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13

Popular D.S. & Durga

Hylnds - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga Bowmakers (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Isle Ryder by D.S. & Durga Italian Citrus by D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Foxglove by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Bitter Rose, Broken Spear by D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Coriander (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake by D.S. & Durga Sir by D.S. & Durga Debaser (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Amber Teutonic by D.S. & Durga Amber Kiso by D.S. & Durga I Don't Know What by D.S. & Durga Boston Ivy by D.S. & Durga Silent Grove by D.S. & Durga Notorious Oud by D.S. & Durga