Sir by D.S. & Durga
Bottle Design: Kavi Moltz

Sir is a popular perfume by D.S. & Durga for men and was released in 2011. The scent is earthy-resinous. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absolute, Jasminum grandiflorum, Benzoin
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Patchouli, Labdanum

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 26.06.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Call me Lord Vader... no, I meant Sir Don Juan!
You know, when I was younger, I really wanted a noble title like "Sir" or "Lord". Well, on "Lord" I was more impressed by Lord Vader from Star Wars, but that's another story. "Sir," on the other hand, I thought the title was kind of cool. But as a little snotty spoon you don't think about what a "sir" really is or how or if you can ever get such a title :D
By the way, Sir here means the aristocratic title, not the expression to superiors, which we probably know best from numerous US military films in which the recruits have to scream their souls out ("Sir, Yes Sir!").

But now, after watching the second season of "The Crown" on Netflix a while ago (the series about the Queen, which is really recommendable by the way), I had to think again about how interesting the whole world of the nobility is with its different titles and so on. Even if it should seem to us normal mortals like another world!

Anyway, with "Sir" I am testing a D.S. & Durga fragrance, which I liked quite a lot. And as you might already have expected, "Sir" has become a mature and classic fragrance.

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with roses and citric scents. The rose gives the fragrance an oriental touch. The citrus fruits here are neither fresh nor tangy, but rather classic, similar to perfumes such as Habit Rouge by Guerlain etc..., i.e. more classic, which could also be due to the oak moss. The scent has a very earthy character, because you can smell the quite strong patchouli from the beginning.
The fragrance is not very sweet at first, but instead, as mentioned above, is more earthy and later a little spicier.
The patchouli gets a bit weaker over time, which pleases me personally, because I don't like very strong patchouli so much. But the scent is and remains earthy! Also the roses go back a little later, so that the fragrance loses its oriental-floral touch from the beginning. The sweetness becomes a little stronger in the base, which smells pleasant in the end, especially since it also has a slightly softer effect together with fragrances such as benzoin.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is quite good and you can perceive the scent from a little further away. Also the shelf life is quite good so that the fragrance stays on the skin for at least eight or nine hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and filled with dark brown scented liquid. On the front, instead of a label, you can see the name and logo of the fragrance, printed directly on the bottle. The bottle itself is rather simple, but nice to look at thanks to the logo.

Hm, I think the fragrance goes well with the name of the fragrance. The fragrance radiates something mature and classic and simply smells good and masculine.
For younger people the fragrance is nothing, but anyone who likes fragrances like Habit Rouge, Eau Sauvage (yes with the Eau before, not the peppery-stinging newer Sauvage from Dior, which so many like, but I feel it a little too peppery, ... but the Very Cool Spray still works!) or generally classically fragrant perfumes can look here in any case. And I also think that the fragrance radiates class and style in a mature way.

I find autumn and winter to be the most suitable times to use it, then you can use it both daily and when going out. Now in this murderous heat, which is almost unbearable (sitting here half-naked in shorts, with feet and lower legs in a bucket of cold water and looking stupid!), I wouldn't test it!

And as for Lord Vader... the more I watch the old Star Wars movies again, the more I like that villain again, so I almost forget that under the mask there's actually a whiny, annoying scumbag named Anakin Skywalker inside, who got on my nerves terribly in episodes 1-3 and almost screwed this villain up forever (but admittedly his character was much better portrayed in the Clone Wars series)... *sigh*

Well, then, folks, have a good night! I hope you can handle the heat well, because an end of the heat doesn't seem to come except for a few cooler days in between (where it's "only" 28-30 degrees), but I hope I'm wrong... bah, it's hot... bah bah :DD
10.0/10

A New Classic?
A chypre so distinctive it holds its own with the best: Azuree, Cabochard, Coty de Chypre, Diaghilev, Mitsouko. It’s a sultry citrus woodland fantasy with patchouli technically its strongest note, though in reality an hypnotic funkiness comes across that I could almost swear is oud, but it's not listed among the notes. For me this beauty was an absolute buy. Ultimately I gave it to hubby, though, so I could smell it on him and it’s become his favorite. Sir is a classic chypre with Rose and Jasmine in the heart, Bergamot, Grapefruit and Mandarin in the top. It definitely has a little of what I call the zoo, but one I want to visit. For me, it's a total wow. Base is Oakmoss, Patchouli, Labdanum. What else could it do but smell magnificent? Having sniffed through the D.S. & Durga line, I think Sir is their very best. Longevity is excellent.

Popular D.S. & Durga

Bowmakers by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga Italian Citrus by D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Isle Ryder by D.S. & Durga Cowboy Grass by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Foxglove by D.S. & Durga Debaser (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake by D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Bitter Rose, Broken Spear by D.S. & Durga Coriander by D.S. & Durga Sir by D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop by D.S. & Durga Boston Ivy by D.S. & Durga Radio Bombay by D.S. & Durga Silent Grove by D.S. & Durga Rose Atlantic by D.S. & Durga Poppy Rouge by D.S. & Durga