Vio-Volta 2017

Vio-Volta by D.S. & Durga
Vio-Volta is a perfume by D.S. & Durga for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is synthetic-green. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Amber Xtreme™Amber Xtreme™
VioletViolet
FrankincenseFrankincense
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Michael, last update on 13.10.2021.

Frigging Uh-oh
When I first learned about Vio-Volta and read its notes, I thought, "Uh-oh. Amber Xtreme? What is that?" I pictured noxious chemical wolves disguised as natural lambs, assaulting my nasal passages and closing my nose. If this is D.S. & Durga's first full excursion into the aromachemical badlands, I beg them to turn back. Yes, this "fragrance" has a pleasantly bright electric air, like the smell of ozone after lightning strikes, Heedlessly I slathered on the sample that arrived with Radio Bombay, determined to give one of my very favorite perfume houses the benefit of the doubt.

Ohmigod! Why did I do that? As I type, breathing is harder. My nasal passages are tickling. I feel a sneeze coming on and...if I don't wash this off pretty darn quick...a headache.

I HATE Vio-Volta! How have we allowed nature's bounty to be supplanted by these chemicals? Do our noses no longer function, do our lungs no longer want air?

Please D.S. & Durga, whom I adore, whose perfumes are usually celebrations of the natural world, PLEASE save us and yourself. Turn back from the badlands! Paint thinner is not a perfume.

Your admiring customer, owner of your beautiful Boston Ivy, Durga, Foxglove, Radio Bombay, Silent Grove, Sir (which I gave to hubby), El Cosmico (which hubby also bought), and your splendid achievement, White Peacock Lily.

p.s. Two washings and it still lingers. Sneezing has begun. Trying to overwhelm it with an actual perfume Ex Idolo Thirty Three.

Popular D.S. & Durga

Hylnds - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga Bowmakers (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Isle Ryder by D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop by D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Amber Teutonic by D.S. & Durga Italian Citrus by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Bitter Rose, Broken Spear by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Foxglove by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake by D.S. & Durga Cowboy Grass by D.S. & Durga Coriander (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Amber Kiso by D.S. & Durga Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga Sir by D.S. & Durga I Don't Know What by D.S. & Durga Debaser (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga St. Vetyver by D.S. & Durga Crystal Pistil by D.S. & Durga