White Peacock Lily (2016)

White Peacock Lily by D.S. & Durga

White Peacock Lily is a popular perfume by D.S. & Durga for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOleander, Cabreúva, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite lily, Egyptian jasmine, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette seed, Vanilla, Mist note

Submitted by AmyAmy, last update on 02.03.2020.

ScentFan
"One of the Most Beautiful"
I learned about this fragrance in an article entitled "Why the Prettiest Scents Contain the Ugliest Things." http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/11/david-moltz-perfumer-interview-gross-things-in-perfume.html.

In it, D.S. & Durga perfumer David Moltz referred to White Peacock Lily as "one of the most beautiful scents of all time." I did a double take. How could he risk the reputation of well-regarded D.S. & Durga by saying such a thing, especially about a scent he made himself? Then my heart skipped a beat. I felt the all-too-familiar, gotta have it, blind buy-a-coming thrill. What if it really is one of the most beautiful scents of all time? Lamenting, briefly, the power of mere lovely words, I put the fragrance firmly on my wish list, rather than in a online cart somewhere, determined to calm down and not be bamboozled. Next day, briefly, hubby and I had words of a slightly less lovely kind. Shortly I learned my wish list had been perused and the fragrance was on its way. [To no avail I've pointed out the indignity of offering or accepting emotional bribes, er apologies.] The perfume came last night. I am not sending it back. It is too beautiful.

What's in the top? Grapefruit, Red Mahogany, a scent I know. When we married and, four months later, I marshaled courage and moved into his house 1200 miles away, hubby bought out a wood store of its supply of red mahogany to make bookshelves for the office I needed, fashion oriental screens for the tall windows with his own hands. Red Mahogany for me is the smell of love. Poisonous oleander is a top note, too, its rosy sweetness tamed by the other two. Not to be outdone, a genuine note of lily pairs with indolic jasmine and bright violet to take and possess center stage for a long time. No rush. They want to give you time to see how beautiful they are. Only gradually do spicy/musky ambrette, vanilla and something akin to fog exert themselves. Hours later, they are what you smell, supported by the florals. Unfortunately, there is a definite period when lily alone predominates--about thirty to forty minutes in. It's a less lovely stage than the others, lending a vegetal air. Just wait for it to subside and you'll be rewarded with the haunting beauty that still clung to my hand when I woke this morning.

I don't know if White Peacock Lily is one of the most beautiful scents of all time. Maybe. It's certainly one of the most unusual, distinguished, and fascinating scents I've ever smelled.

by Solomia
by Solomia

Popular D.S. & Durga

Hylnds - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga Bowmakers (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Isle Ryder by D.S. & Durga Italian Citrus by D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop by D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Coriander (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Foxglove by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Bitter Rose, Broken Spear by D.S. & Durga Sir by D.S. & Durga Cowboy Grass by D.S. & Durga Debaser (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Amber Teutonic by D.S. & Durga Silent Grove by D.S. & Durga I Don't Know What by D.S. & Durga Boston Ivy by D.S. & Durga Amber Kiso by D.S. & Durga