Jazmín Yucatan 2020

Jazmín Yucatan by D.S. & Durga
Jazmín Yucatan is a popular limited perfume by D.S. & Durga for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-green. It is still available to purchase. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesAquatic notesAquatic notes
Passion flowerPassion flower
BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesYucatan jasmine
CloveClove
Base Notes Base NotesSnake plant
VetiverVetiver
Copal resinCopal resin

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 01.01.2022.

This fragrance is the result of a collaboration with American fashion brand and retailer Opening Ceremony.

Landshark321
Lovely fresh floral with cloves and resins
D.S. & Durga Jazmin Yucutan is a 2020 release from this Brooklyn-based niche house, conjuring the tropical bright floral, green experience one might expect from the name. It opens with a loud, fairly sharp statement led by white florals, drying down into a floral, green, resinous, semi-spicy mix featuring copal and cloves. This is a very interesting creation overall, not in my typical tropical wheelhouse as I usually opt for fruitier/sweeter options (like Six Scents Urban Tropicalia, or perhaps the Dua Brand’s Exotic Fruits of Dua), but for those that want steer clear of something overly fruity or sweet, Jazmin Yucutan is a really nice option, and as with pretty much everything I’ve tried from D.S. & Durga, is high-quality.

The retail pricing for Jazmin Yucutan is in line with the rest of the house, at $175 for 50ml, and it is sold through the website directly, boutiques like Tigerlily Perfumery (from whom I bought a sample), and department stores like Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue. It performs well, particularly for a fresh fragrance, and I’d recommend sampling it.

7 out of 10

Snake in the Jasmine fields
I like almost everything by D.S. & Durga (except Vio-Volta, their hopefully sole sojourn into serious aromachemicals), so I was practically guaranteed to like their Jazmin Yucatán, Jasmine being my hands down favorite floral.

I didn’t know I’d also like the smell of snake plant, but I do. It’s part of how, with the help of Vétiver and “aquatic notes”, they were able to capture the green wetness of the Yucatán jungle.

I am marinating in the result, at the moment, in anticipation of going into a long meditation. What fit company for the journey: plant, earth, water, a bit of citrus, a bit of spice, and a flower exchanged by lovers in the Himalayas, along the Ganges, and in Persia since long ago.

Longevity: moderate. Scent: mesmerizing.
Spring
2021 is another one of those years that almost makes you mourn. Just like my beloved chickens, I'm an outdoors person. And I crave daylight. In the winter, when it gets dark, I'm not comfortable. But as soon as my two personal scary months of January and February are finally over, I'm excited, because that's when it comes. Spring.

Well, this year we're still waiting, it feels like. A few sunny days in February, a freezing March, followed by a freezing April and now this rainy May.

Also this morning an icy wind blew towards me as I set off for a longer tour on my bike. But that did not bother me this time. The reason: Jazmín Yucatan. The fragrance pyramid leaves me a bit perplexed at this new limited edition treasure from D.S. & Durga, but what I smell is wonderful. I smell spring! Spring, the way it's supposed to be. When nature slowly wakes up in March and the first snowdrops come. Soon joined by crocuses and daffodils. And then Easter is just around the corner. It will be colourful. Forsythia and magnolia present their blossoms, as do numerous hedges and shrubs. And in May the lilacs begin to bloom. From deep aubergine hues to gorgeous lavender blooms to brilliant white. This time of year is my time. And this time I can smell at Jazmín Yucatan.

The fact that jasmine doesn't bloom until mid-summer, or even actually until fall, doesn't matter to me right now. Let it. As long as I have my spring in the bottle here.

Now I want to dare to the notes, even if they do not want to open up to me so at all. So much duty must be. Jasmine is of course unmistakable, even if many other white spring flowers smell almost quite the same to me. With this Durga we have a wonderful jasmine scent. Natural it is, intense and yet not at all indolic. Just the way I like jasmine blossom best. It is accompanied by more floral notes, something fresh in the opening that I attribute to bergamot and we have lots of fresh greenery. This also contributes to my spring association, the awakening of nature. OK, sure. Vetiver. Again, that fits. For the life of me, I can't detect any aquatic notes. And that's definitely a good thing, since I rarely like aquatics. I'm also looking for clove. I would have much rather guessed a garden clove here, but no. And how an ololiuquiranke smells, you have to explain to me yet, haha.

A wonderful fragrance is that, which is still perceptible even after about 30 kilometers bike ride on the arm. From me there's a smooth 9 for this spring jasmine.

And my thanks goes to Wolle Wollny, uh Chizza. Did that make up for the oud-burmi coma?
3.5
Connie
Soap and cloves... Shake your head...
The fragrance starts super soapy, which is nothing at all mine and sprays a very dry tart pungent jasmine, which is little well done, in my opinion. Jasmine can be divine but also dry, unattractive and soapy act, here the latter is unfortunately the case, in my opinion.

After about 10-15 minutes, the clove becomes very present and makes slowly but surely from the jasmine fragrance more a kind of clove scent. The fragrance remains until the end a strange mixture of jasmine and clove but is super weak. Projection very low and sillage zero. A Hautnaher " fragrance ", which is for me no body scent at all....

The scent smells not at all like perfume but like a piece of spice soap

Popular D.S. & Durga

Hylnds - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga Bowmakers (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop by D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Isle Ryder by D.S. & Durga Amber Teutonic by D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Italian Citrus by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Bitter Rose, Broken Spear by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Foxglove by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake by D.S. & Durga Coriander (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Amber Kiso by D.S. & Durga Cowboy Grass by D.S. & Durga Sir by D.S. & Durga Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga I Don't Know What by D.S. & Durga Debaser (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga St. Vetyver by D.S. & Durga Crystal Pistil by D.S. & Durga