Black Flower Mexican Vanilla (2014)

Black Flower Mexican Vanilla by Dame Perfumery Scottsdale

Black Flower Mexican Vanilla is a perfume by Dame Perfumery Scottsdale for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Mexican vanilla absolute, Lemon, Grapefruit, Caramel, Nutmeg, Gardenia, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Vetiver, Musk, Tonka bean

Submitted by Pipette, last update on 13.12.2018

7.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Way to go
Dame Perfumery never ceases to enchant. There is something to be said in this day and cynical age about small handmade perfume companies and their service. Small touches DO make a big difference and when the perfumes are affordable and damn right beautiful, you naturally become a fan and supporter.

Dame perfumes are not amateurish: they all show a great deal of sophistication and craft. For me, the best part is that they do tend to last and project a great deal on my skin, and that with my skin being a notorious scent-eater. Not only that, my sense of smell is not the best so I usually over-spray everything but no need with Dame. His Mexican Vanilla is probably the best all-around vanilla perfume I have ever smelled. I have been on a long vanilla journey for years and have smelled hundreds of vanillas but this simple bottle provides an edible, well-rounded, slightly sweet and barely flowery vanilla that just lasts and lasts. I spray my sheets with it, I spray myself, I spray the car, etc etc. It is just such a magical perfume, creamy yet not overwhelming, that I believe it is my top vanilla ever.

Important too is that this small brand is local and developed an artistic vision and aesthetic that can compete with hundreds of stuck-up perfumeries that make one percent of what this house can make in terms of quality. Jeff's father being the artist is pretty awesome. I love the dry, deserty themes of the art. That art, as well as some of the perfumes, have a Native American spirit that really draws me in. I look forward to many new perfumes to come from this excellent brand.

Dark, Rich, Spicy Vanilla and Caramel
Black Flower Mexican Vanilla is an addictive fragrance that verges on the border of gourmand but does not quite cross over into gourmand territory for me. It opens with strong citrus notes. The heart opens with a dark, deep, rich, smoky vanilla (think top quality fresh vanilla pod) and a sweet, creamy caramel. A strong, spicy nutmeg note livens up the vanilla and caramel. These notes persit into the deep drown down. I detect faint gardenia and tonka notes in the background This one is a real wrist sniffer, and I cannot help but suspect that it was inspired at least in part by Shalimar.

Performance is excellent. Projection and sillage are moderate, and longevity is outstanding. I applied it last night after I bathed, and I can still smell it, albeit lightly, on my wrists today at 4 p.m. BFMV feels warm and sensual, and I believe it could be worn by both women and men. I believe it is office friendly, and I cannot imagine anyone being offended by this smoky, spicy, rich and delicious conncoction. Bravo Dame Perfumery!

Fragrance: 6.5/10

Projection: 6/10

Sillage: 6.5/10

Longevity: 8.5/10
5.0 7.5 8.0/10

A Top Shelf Vanilla...
Here I am again..on the Vanilla train! I guess vanilla lovers seem to crave this note, when the colder weather arrives!
I am so pleased to have been gifted a sample of this wonderful fragrance! I had no expectations, nor did I plan to love this...as I didn't even know I would receive this lovely sample, or had I ever heard of this new fragrance house. This is a new surprise for me!
The notes play out, exactly as listed. It starts out with a very sparkling citrus..not any ordinary citrus, but a crystal clean lemon/grapefruit splash, which is so pleasing to the nose! I am not a fan of citrus, but, this is really fresh, and natural. Then I begin to pick up the creamy caramel, infused with the floral notes. What a terrific blend! Nothing overtakes, or cancels out the unity. This is put together, like a good novel. The sandalwood arrives, just on cue, with the other base notes...but, the main character is the vanilla! This is the essential part of the story, the whole point of the fragrance is the Vanilla. It has always been there, the whole time, but it only appears as necessary. Unselfishly it stays on the edge and lets the other notes shine, no overpowering sweet, or boozy vanilla...no, this is a true , and elegant, Top shelf Vanilla! I am very impressed....
7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Black Vanilla
When I think of Vanilla, kitchen vanilla comes first to my mind, and then baby powder. Something basically warm and comforting. Something to feel at home.

Over the years, I loved "Vanilla Fields" by Coty, tested "Tihota" by Induit, and now am experiencing "Black Flower", an enticing scent. What is special here in the approach is a sultry depth. Come closer, be with me, experience the passion.

Notes are just notes and you can read them listed on the Perfume Page.

Sillage is medium, longevity is good. The artistic concept is good and adorns the bottle.

This scent can make you dream ...