Love's Baby Soft 1974

Love's Baby Soft by Dana
Love's Baby Soft is a perfume by Dana for women and was released in 1974. The scent is powdery-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

Ron Winnegrade

Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
Powdery notesPowdery notes
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.01.2021.

2.5
2.5

Love's Baby Soft-Memories Of The Young Dana Years
I picked this up recently at a drugstore for 52 cents with the lotion in a giftset. Yes, 52 cents, after a holiday promotion. I couldn't resist. I remember this when I was a teen-ager and couldn't stomach the ads. I wouldn't wear it back then because of the name. Tabu was my preferred flavor of choice as a young teen because it was so much more daring than this. So here I am, revisiting this fragrance, decades later.
Love's Baby Soft is just that with a slight hint of musky spices surrounded by powder. That's what it is and it's longevity is slight. It's a natural scent that won't offend a soul. It's comforting. A scent to go to bed with. A scent to wrap your arms around babies with, an unassuming fragrance to wear.
The sillage isn't there unless you use it as a body spray and it's more of a memory of the 70's than anything else. No need to trash this because those of us who remember the Dana colognes of the 1970's lived that era with our own memories of growing up, some fond and some bittersweet, but memories none the less. Dana colognes will always hold a place on my fragrance shelf for that reason.
We mature and go on to other scents and perfumes and hopefully do not become snobs in the world of fragrances. That is the worst evil, really, I believe. If it smells delightful, if it brings a smile to your face, if it evokes pleasant thoughts or memories, it's worth the money, whether a few dollars or quite a few that you spending. We shouldn't wear the label, we should wear the scent for what it does for us.

TorkeTorke 1 year ago
Imagine Johnsons Baby Lotion. Now put that smell in a fragrance bottle. You just achieved Love's baby soft.
BlkbrdBlkbrd 4 years ago
Mostly baby powder (fair enough) but even when it dries down, never gets quite THAT dry. Like Hershey's Kisses; critique misses the point.

by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Dana

Tabu (Eau de Cologne) by Dana Toujours Moi by Dana Tabu (Eau de Toilette) by Dana Chantilly (Eau de Toilette) by Dana Lutèce by Dana Ambush (1955) by Dana Demi-Jour by Dana Canoe (1935) (Eau de Cologne) by Dana Incognito by Dana Canoe (1996) (Eau de Toilette) by Dana English Leather (Cologne) by Dana Raffinée by Dana Monsieur Musk (Cologne) by Dana Tabu / Tabou (Perfume) by Dana 20 Ks / 20 Carats / 20 Quilates by Dana California for Women (1996) by Dana Navy by Dana Heaven Sent by Dana British Sterling (Cologne) by Dana Tabu (Eau de Parfum) by Dana