Ambre Tabac

Ambre Tabac by Daniel Josier

Ambre Tabac is a popular perfume by Daniel Josier for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Atelier del Perfume.

Daniel Josier

Top Notes Top NotesFrankincense, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tobacco, Vanilla

Submitted by PontNeuf, last update on 31.10.2019

Phönizien
Feel-good atmosphere
Daniel Josier's creation creates a new, exquisite and exotic fragrance and creates a feel-good atmosphere.

Tobacco and amber appear in a completely new guise, far removed from current regulations and directives. Although these two oriental notes are perceived as warm, deep and appealing - when combined and staged in an outstanding way, such a combination can unfortunately only be found sparsely compared to Rose-Oud combinations that have flooded the market.

Tobacco is the dominant element and can be perceived as a distinct note within the overall composition. The amber mutes the intense scent of the dry tobacco leaves and adds sugar-sweet, honey-like components to it. Consequently, ideas and associations of tobacco leaves soaked in honey are awakened.

The remaining notes remain submissive in the background and support the two main actors in their olfactory development.

Those who like to sit in front of the fireplace on cold winter evenings with a hot cup of tea and read a book should wear Ambre Tabac. It creates an atmosphere of well-being. Durability and Sillage are exceptionally good.

7.0 8.0 8.5/10

FvSpee
Une peche Melba et un paquet de Craven A, s'il vous plait!
Oops, 90 reviews and no comment yet? If I hadn't expected that. All right, I'll have to go first. A reference comment will not, but perhaps at least an icebreaker for better ones who follow:

The one of the two fragrances that our candidate has in his name, Amber, I can't feel as a single note, except for a very slight, typical ambry tingling (which occurs already at the beginning). Neither, to graces, keep the frankincense, though it is printed bold, and though I quite appreciate frankincense.

It seems to me to be one of those fragrances whose backbone consists of this specific dual of fresh, still moist, light Virginia tobacco and juicy fruit notes, which seems to be in fashion at the moment (perhaps this has something to do with new chemical developments). In "Veleno Dore", where I was allowed to smell this completely new consonance for the first time (this was a very nice experience), I perceived the tobacco scent surrounded by deep dark red, rich sour cherry notes; here, on the other hand, as a companion to the tobacco, I encounter a lighter, bright orange-golden melange that I would dare to describe with mandarin peach apricot (or rather a sweet plum). In the fragrance pyramid there's nothing to read about it, so I take that on my cap as my purely subjective and perhaps not analytically underpinnable impression.

Ambre Tabac is a friendly and cheerful fragrance; warm and bright, without being sultry or garish; quite strong, but not heavy; gently spicy, of moderate sweetness - more reminiscent of almonds and marzipan than vanilla, but no pronounced gourmand fragrance. A certain artificiality is added, but not unpleasant. That's less plastic, no, not at all, that's perhaps more the rubberized back of an old-style stamp (they could be quite delicious).

In the further course (which lasts a good 12 hours) the fruity sweetness loses itself and the spiciness remains: Ambre Tabac becomes drier, harsher, more serious. It remains a really beautiful, simple, matt polished foundation. If there's vanilla in the base, it's not sweet.

In my baggage scheme (and in my cupboard) there is currently no place for this fragrance, but I can recommend it without reservation to test it with a clear conscience.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Rsi
Ambre Narguille best competitor!
It goes along the same lines of Ambre Narguille, Oajan, and 1 million prive my comparisons of the 3 would be that.

AN is the most novelty of the 3 in terms of that apple cinnamon pie sorta vibe if thats what you are looking for. And if we were to think of the fragrance as a color if you will I imagine a sorta crystalized color.
Oajan is the roughest,harshest, most vibe version of them all.
1 million prive is the cherry tobacco, bubble gum, with buttery tonka bean dry down. Although as well the weakest performing of the 4...
Compared to those id say that Ambre Tabac is sorta like a slightly harsher, rougher version of 1 million prive. In that it has a very strong fruity tobacco note through out. Strong enough cherry that it almost makes me think of a cherry bubble gumish flavor. The tobacco also reminds me of tobacognac if anyone has smelled that fragrance. As it is transitioning I do get some aspects that remind me of even say CK shock, however this never gets that chocolate or cordial smell. And I even get some hints of herod, or light my fire.
There is just a pinch of honey in the tobacco to this one as well thats specs shine a bit brighter in the very dry down. Speaking of the dry down the amber does have that sorta slight rubber,plastic, powder kinda amber mix that some fragrances have. But its pretty light and generally its just a nice vanilla, fruity cherry sorta tobacco with some honey specs...
Overall the apple cinnamon pie novelty if you will does nothing for me, so AN is the big "loser" for me. Id say I probably like Ambre tabac the best offhand. I think overall its the best throughout. For the most part this fragrance is very thick fruity tobacco scent. That leans for the first duration more cherry, and then as it dries down the vanilla gets stronger, with some slight honey specs shining, and a bit of amber.

Performance is fine.

Hajuvana 3 years ago
The label says it. Spatially speaking, I dunno who's on top, as tobacco and amber go together a bit like salt and sugar. Good and simple!+2
9.0

by Blaustern
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Daniel Josier

Ambre Tabac by Daniel Josier Green Leather by Daniel Josier Mystery Oud by Daniel Josier Kaleidoscope by Daniel Josier Vetiver / Golden Vetiver by Daniel Josier Interdit Absente by Daniel Josier Bois d'Iris by Daniel Josier Magnolia by Daniel Josier Josune by Daniel Josier Orquídea Negra by Daniel Josier Le Musk by Daniel Josier Cuero de la Toscana by Daniel Josier Tuberose / Golden Tuberose by Daniel Josier 1929 by Daniel Josier Vanille et Coco by Daniel Josier Casanova by Daniel Josier