Ambre Tabac

Ambre Tabac by Daniel Josier
Top 25 in Men's Perfume
Ambre Tabac is a popular perfume by Daniel Josier for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Atelier del Perfume.

Daniel Josier

Top Notes Top NotesFrankincense, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tobacco, Vanilla

Submitted by PontNeuf, last update on 14.06.2021.

Tabac Original with a dash of Fireball
Actually, I wanted to write no review after only once test. But what the hell - YOLO

The bottle and the box in which this is packed, are already very beautiful and high quality design. After opening the bottle is presented to one in front of a golden background.
The fragrance starts with cinnamon. Although it is not listed, but the opening reminds me totally of the liqueur "Fireball". It floats also still something dried fruit with. Most likely apricot. Once the cinnamon is gone, the amber comes through and the so-called tobacco. It reminds me of the then classic "Tabac Original".
I'm really a fan of the fragrance tobacco but as a passionate cigar and now and then pipe smoker, I can never actually detect real tobacco smell. This one is somewhat reminiscent of a flavored pipe tobacco.
The dried fruit remains all the time.

The fragrance is perceptible all the time, does not seem intrusive and also does not slay one. The durability is quite good.
All in one a pleasant and pleasing men's fragrance for autumn and winter
The Last Odyssey
My name is Lucius Weasley III, called Eight. And I suffer greatly from the incompetence of the commander of NGC 891, Bob Frugge, called BLOB, at least by me. He doesn't know why I'm called Eight and it drives him crazy, which is why I don't tell him, of course. Just so you know, prolonged exposure to lower gravity and radiation can cause slight changes in genetic makeup, such as affecting the number of toes.

The other day the fat little cretin nearly sent us flying into an asteroid, just because he was on his power trip again. Of course I had to save us, of course. I could forgive him a lot of things, that he is character-wise unsuitable for the job, an intellectual zero and also that he almost doesn't fit through the doors. But not his perfume. Always overdosed to the max, sweet incense ad nauseam. That just goes too far in a closed system like a spaceship, despite air treatment!

Anyway, that was the moment a plan took shape. The solution to the BLOB problem is the other hate figure on board, ElVI. Of course, you can't convince an artificial intelligence of your plans, but you can reprogram it. So down to the computational core and fresh to work. I don't know much about computers, but it can't be that hard.

First of all, get access to memory bank AE35... not that hard.
> Good morning, Lucius.
Huh, why English? Well, it doesn't matter, it can happen, we all know that much English. Let's go on.. > I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.
Yeah sure, once BLOB can't give commands anymore, you'll be a great help. Oops, something splashed, but seems ok.
> Look Lucius, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.
Hmm, that might even be a good idea, but I'm so close...

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Lucius. Lucius, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid.
Oh well, an AI has no fear and no sense of smell either, which is sometimes an advantage. Because it smells suspiciously like Christmas cookies - almonds, vanilla and marzipan. And some sandalwood, but that could also be from the laminate here. But the rest is clear: BLOB! It comes...
> I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do
The scent is getting closer, getting penetratingly sweet. I can already hear BLOB puffing with his sugar water breath. Just one more short line of programming, and I'm done.
"What are you doing Eight? Stop that, that's an order!"
Well, it figures, him again, corrupted to the core by his supposed power. Short, fat people are prone to this sort of thing, I once read. Just press ENTER...
> This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
I hear a hiss of escaping air. A sudden breeze blows away the sweet smell of BLOB, but that's the only positive thing about an airlock opening in space.
"Um, ElVI, could you please close the airlock again? Be really nice!"

"I'm sorry, Lucius. I'm afraid I can't do that.
The breeze becomes a hurricane, sweeping everything with it. BLOB is still stuck in the bulkhead, but surely not for long.
"I always do everything you say too, just close the door!"
> I'm afraid I can't do that, Lucius.
> ...
> Cabin pressure: zero.
> No life forms detected.
> Closing bay door.

...

--------------------

To say one thing up front, the Ambre Tabac is not a bad scent. It just arrives in my nose so sweet that it just doesn't want to give me any real pleasure.
He starts already very sweet and reminds me from the beginning of pastries. There also changes the short appearance of the bergamot nothing. The incense is quite nice and the sandalwood is also fine, slightly creamy, a good preparation for the vanilla tobacco. I also smell something slightly fruity here, but can't put my finger on it. It reminds me quite strongly of Christmas cookies, which is quite a nice association. At the end, some amber is added, making the scent a bit warmer, but not bringing any additional sweetness. That would be me at this point but also already care.
Sweet fragrances are always a tightrope walk with me, sometimes they come across extremely as here, but sometimes more subtle, like the Miel d'Arabie. Who can handle sweetness in fragrances better and even like them, which gets with Ambre Tabac a beautiful fragrance, with very good durability and silage.
On the NGC 891 would be anyhow a job free, computer knowledge desired, applications please by PN.

Thanks to the Schalkerin!
Dandrobe
One of the best of its kind!
Ambre Tabac is one of the easiest and roundest to wear tobacco compositions.
I could now test the fragrance extensively and come to the conclusion that it is the most natural tobacco fragrance I own.
Here Daniel Josier has masterfully put two of my favorite notes, tobacco - here a bit dry and slightly sour on my skin - and sweet vanilla, delicious, almost creamy in the scene.
This scent is beautiful and "cozy" and I can definitely see similarities to Oajan, which incidentally I've come to love just as much in the cold season.
However, as far as durability goes, Ambre Tabac is worlds superior to Oajan!
This fragrance lasts and lasts and lasts..... and lasts :)

My conclusion:
Although this fragrance is relatively linear, for me it is one of the masterpieces in the world of fragrances.
Tobacco, vanilla, cinnamon, some incense and bergamot create a very long lasting warm atmosphere of pleasure here.

Caution: Addiction potential !!!

Emorandeira
His name is the BEST description
This perfume is just what his name says: ambre and tabac. The quality of the ingredients seems just gorgeous. I have tried only one perfume more by Daniel josier, quetzaly, and the incense at the opening is very similar in both giving to them some similar vibe. The developement between this two perfumes is very different. Ambre tabac goes into a very nice & sweet amber, brighter than in other fragances, and a very natural tobacco note, with a smell like the habanos and a vibe which remember me a bit to tobacco vanille by Tom Ford (only the tobacco).
The performance is good, about 8 hours on skin with moderate projection. Ambre tabaco is very subtle, although is sweet It is delicate at the same time so It is very suitable for daytime use. Simple but Well done!

Scent: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 8
Versatility: 8
Originality: 7
Global: 9
New Love

Long time no dared, now it's time :-)
My first comment on this great platform. Because this wonderful perfume is worth it !!!
First of all I have to say that I am not the greatest olfactory analyst who smells every single ingredient and takes it apart down to the smallest detail and can assign it to each individual phase of the olfactory process :D Apart from that, I can't see a great process in ambre Tabac, because it is more linear (but more on that in a moment)
I'm just a guy who loves perfume and recently started to do some great things
To collect scented water. So here we go .

To the ambre Tabac I came like the virgin to the child :-( I wanted to buy the Oud Noir intense for a good buddy for his birthday, then I got a call from a nice service employee of an online shop, that the delivery is delayed for several weeks (are probably very unreliable the French) :-( I thought, what are you going to do now? There came the friendly tip of the employee that he can recommend the Ambre Tabac of Daniel Josier very much, because this also goes in this direction. I must confess that I have never heard of this Daniel Josier. Out of frustration and some desperation I ordered it then, two times (once for me with of course :D ). I was very very excited and was not disappointed, on the contrary! When I opened the package, a very beautiful packaging appeared with a massive, noble bottle. Make it look good, now only the content has to be right. And I tell you, it's true! I was really flashed what a (unobtrusive) power came out of the great atomizer. At first he reminded me of Oajan, but after about 10 minutes he went in a slightly different direction. I smell beautiful balsamic tobacco (most likely pipe tobacco), incense, ambergris and not too sweet vanilla. Simply a dream of this perfume. It smells qualitatively so incomprehensibly good, no synthetic is to be smelled! Created for rainy and cool days as soul balm.
On the same day I caught myself running past my perfume cabinet six or seven times by chance to smell the atomizer! The next day he was immediately applied at 5:15 am to work with 4 sprays and even in the late evening I noticed him clearly, but not obtrusively intrusive. This, in my opinion, is he at no time . Durability is Beastmode, Sillage depending upon dosage also violently! He also paid me three compliments at work, this as a small side note ;)

Ambre Tabac is simply a wonderful, warm/sweet, even if not a super complex perfume :-) but it gives me a lot of pleasure and perfume should do that! Price/performance is also good with almost 75€/50 ml

For me personally he will replace Oud Wood as my signature, my new love !

Thanks for reading :-)
Phönizien
Feel-good atmosphere
Daniel Josier's creation creates a new, exquisite and exotic fragrance and creates a feel-good atmosphere.

Tobacco and amber appear in a completely new guise, far removed from current regulations and directives. Although these two oriental notes are perceived as warm, deep and appealing - when combined and staged in an outstanding way, such a combination can unfortunately only be found sparsely compared to Rose-Oud combinations that have flooded the market.

Tobacco is the dominant element and can be perceived as a distinct note within the overall composition. The amber mutes the intense scent of the dry tobacco leaves and adds sugar-sweet, honey-like components to it. Consequently, ideas and associations of tobacco leaves soaked in honey are awakened.

The remaining notes remain submissive in the background and support the two main actors in their olfactory development.

Those who like to sit in front of the fireplace on cold winter evenings with a hot cup of tea and read a book should wear Ambre Tabac. It creates an atmosphere of well-being. Durability and Sillage are exceptionally good.

FvSpee
Une peche Melba et un paquet de Craven A, s'il vous plait!
Oops, 90 reviews and no comment yet? If I hadn't expected that. All right, I'll have to go first. A reference comment will not, but perhaps at least an icebreaker for better ones who follow:

The one of the two fragrances that our candidate has in his name, Amber, I can't feel as a single note, except for a very slight, typical ambry tingling (which occurs already at the beginning). Neither, to graces, keep the frankincense, though it is printed bold, and though I quite appreciate frankincense.

It seems to me to be one of those fragrances whose backbone consists of this specific dual of fresh, still moist, light Virginia tobacco and juicy fruit notes, which seems to be in fashion at the moment (perhaps this has something to do with new chemical developments). In "Veleno Dore", where I was allowed to smell this completely new consonance for the first time (this was a very nice experience), I perceived the tobacco scent surrounded by deep dark red, rich sour cherry notes; here, on the other hand, as a companion to the tobacco, I encounter a lighter, bright orange-golden melange that I would dare to describe with mandarin peach apricot (or rather a sweet plum). In the fragrance pyramid there's nothing to read about it, so I take that on my cap as my purely subjective and perhaps not analytically underpinnable impression.

Ambre Tabac is a friendly and cheerful fragrance; warm and bright, without being sultry or garish; quite strong, but not heavy; gently spicy, of moderate sweetness - more reminiscent of almonds and marzipan than vanilla, but no pronounced gourmand fragrance. A certain artificiality is added, but not unpleasant. That's less plastic, no, not at all, that's perhaps more the rubberized back of an old-style stamp (they could be quite delicious).

In the further course (which lasts a good 12 hours) the fruity sweetness loses itself and the spiciness remains: Ambre Tabac becomes drier, harsher, more serious. It remains a really beautiful, simple, matt polished foundation. If there's vanilla in the base, it's not sweet.

In my baggage scheme (and in my cupboard) there is currently no place for this fragrance, but I can recommend it without reservation to test it with a clear conscience.

Rsi
Ambre Narguille best competitor!
It goes along the same lines of Ambre Narguille, Oajan, and 1 million prive my comparisons of the 3 would be that.

AN is the most novelty of the 3 in terms of that apple cinnamon pie sorta vibe if thats what you are looking for. And if we were to think of the fragrance as a color if you will I imagine a sorta crystalized color.
Oajan is the roughest,harshest, most vibe version of them all.
1 million prive is the cherry tobacco, bubble gum, with buttery tonka bean dry down. Although as well the weakest performing of the 4...
Compared to those id say that Ambre Tabac is sorta like a slightly harsher, rougher version of 1 million prive. In that it has a very strong fruity tobacco note through out. Strong enough cherry that it almost makes me think of a cherry bubble gumish flavor. The tobacco also reminds me of tobacognac if anyone has smelled that fragrance. As it is transitioning I do get some aspects that remind me of even say CK shock, however this never gets that chocolate or cordial smell. And I even get some hints of herod, or light my fire.
There is just a pinch of honey in the tobacco to this one as well thats specs shine a bit brighter in the very dry down. Speaking of the dry down the amber does have that sorta slight rubber,plastic, powder kinda amber mix that some fragrances have. But its pretty light and generally its just a nice vanilla, fruity cherry sorta tobacco with some honey specs...
Overall the apple cinnamon pie novelty if you will does nothing for me, so AN is the big "loser" for me. Id say I probably like Ambre tabac the best offhand. I think overall its the best throughout. For the most part this fragrance is very thick fruity tobacco scent. That leans for the first duration more cherry, and then as it dries down the vanilla gets stronger, with some slight honey specs shining, and a bit of amber.

Performance is fine.

Blako11Blako11 25 days ago
Un tabaco dulce muy "Llevable" en temperaturas moderadas. Muy buena relación calidad precio.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
A rather linear, slightly boozy, yet powdery/sweet oriental earthy-resinous Fall fragrance, balanced by a gentle spicy-smoky opening.
CnFCnF 7 months ago
I don't understand the good reviews. The scent is good. But the performance is very poor.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
This is just what the name says: ambre & tabac. Simple but very Well done. Gorgeous smell with a delicate amber and a very natural tobacco
HajuvanaHajuvana 5 years ago
The label says it. Spatially speaking, I dunno who's on top, as tobacco and amber go together a bit like salt and sugar. Good and simple!

... hier wärmt nicht nur die Sonne die Szenerie - - auch im Duft steckt der tiefe warme Süden - mit all seinen Köstlichkeiten ... :))
by IrisNobile
by MarianoNoHe
by BoBoChamp
by BoBoChamp

Popular Daniel Josier

Green Leather by Daniel Josier Mystery Oud by Daniel Josier Vetiver / Golden Vetiver by Daniel Josier Magnolia by Daniel Josier Quetzaly by Daniel Josier Kaleidoscope by Daniel Josier Le Musk by Daniel Josier Interdit Absente by Daniel Josier Bois d'Iris by Daniel Josier Josune by Daniel Josier Tuberose / Golden Tuberose by Daniel Josier Orquidea by Daniel Josier 1929 by Daniel Josier Vanille et Coco by Daniel Josier Cuero de la Toscana by Daniel Josier Casanova by Daniel Josier