Ambre Tabac

Ambre Tabac by Daniel Josier
Top 27 in Unisex Perfume
Ambre Tabac is a popular perfume by Daniel Josier for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Atelier del Perfume.

Daniel Josier

Top Notes Top NotesAfrican frankincenseAfrican frankincense BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesTobaccoTobacco VanillaVanilla AmberAmber

Submitted by PontNeuf, last update on 21.05.2022.

Very seductive
A fragrance that has gradually made its way to build a good reputation, it can be said that it is in the line of tobacco and sweet fragrances in this case, I feel more cinnamon than vanilla, well accompanied by other spices, the warmth of amber, African incense and citrus. Very seductive and pleasant to wear, one of those fragrances that in my opinion you have to have

DeVitoHH
Did you just make pancakes with applesauce... ?
Moin moin dear Parfumos,

as you can see in my previous reviews, these are usually written more in a kind of emotional direction or even associated with certain memories.

In this case, I'd like to take you on a more humorous journey for once.

My girlfriend / partner laughs anyway already always half floppy, if times again a new sample package or one or more new fragrances are delivered by our usual DHL driver.

In this case, however, came directly after the first test a reaction with which I did not expect.

Quote: "make you just pancakes with applesauce? That smells so delicious and now I'm hungry... I want to have pancakes now! :-)"

What else could I do... I got out the pan and got to work.

I could hardly hold myself from laughing, just dreamlike!
This shows me once again, as we fragrances umso with certain memories whether now from childhood, holidays or everyday situations of any kind connect. Especially since we end up not all the same from a fragrance herausriechen or even associated with it.

----------------------

To the fragrance:

From my point of view, Ambre Tabac begins very spice-heavy, yes almost in right Christmas market. I personally get at the beginning of a giant cloud of cinnamon in the ears, but also a very subtle freshness / effervescence by the bergamot, which is only very subtly perceptible. Thus opens the fragrance mMn extremely sweet, even sweeter than bspw. Herod, which I would not have expected at all when reading the fragrance pyramid now.

The incense joins in, but keeps by the many spices and the cinnamon a rather subliminal and less dark role as you know it bspw. from various other fragrances. The further course, whether now the patchouli, the sandalwood or especially the tobacco, I perceive unfortunately hardly, neither on my skin nor on the test strip. The fragrance develops more in an amber direction, which is dedicated to vanilla and the amber accord in the base. This actually keeps the fragrance very sweet, which would only make me say from my sensation that this fragrance should rather be worn from 0 degrees and down.

Conclusion:

Who is here looking for a typical and rather dark tobacco fragrance as bspw. should be careful here when buying blind and rather get a sample in advance. However, who likes very sweet fragrances, which go in a more gourmand direction, will be extremely satisfied here.

What surprised me positively in the fragrance or this still (quite) unknown Nichenhaus from Spain, is the presentation. You get a really high-quality bottle, which is delivered in a great box at a really very fair price. The fragrance has in my opinion also a very high quality and is, despite the somewhat mass suitable DNA, relatively independent
On a treasure hunt
The search for the protagonist of the perfume Ambre Tabac by Daniel Josier does not lead us directly to the eponymous fragrance notes of amber and tobacco but first to the incense, which determines the direction of the fragrance from the beginning. It does so with an intense, spicy aroma that leaves little doubt about its current dominance. From the outset, however, this incense is also like a soft, warm and protective cloak that immediately reminds me of the aromatic scent of the Christmas Raachermanneln in front of the fireplace at home. It never resembles the sacral smell of cold church rooms or that of smoke or acrid smoke. This results not least from the sidelined, not independently noticeable fruity-fresh bergamot, which blossoms perfectly in the incense and takes him the dark peaks.

While with other perfumes often their scents in the memory emotions and experiences inspire, it concerns with Ambre Tabac with me rather its Vepackung with content. As children and teenagers we enjoyed unrestricted freedom in playing and roaming around in the countryside, in the adjacent, destroyed and at that time already overgrown air base, the many small woods, gravel pits, ponds and openly accessible garbage dumps. A paradise for explorers, adventurers and treasure hunters. Many times we found our little treasures in the form of cartridge cases, signs, watches, porcelain, tools, spray bottles, cigarette albums, books, photos, flasks, cutlery and much more. Only the "big one" was missing, but we knew exactly how it should look like, inconspicuous on the outside and shining golden on the inside! Our greatest treasure, but we did not know it at the time, was our freedom and light-heartedness to do all this without supervision, without helmets and without control calls!
These times and incidents move my thoughts as I unpacked the perfume Ambre Tabac by Daniel Josier. The dark box of solid cardboard, solid and with some pale gold decorations, makes a rather modest, simple impression! All the brighter a sparkling sun shines, no dazzles the viewer after opening the box. The thick glass bottle fills the box almost completely and glitters together with the huge Golden Nugget lid around the bet, while the bright glow of the golden yellow liquid drives away the last suspicion, it is not a significant treasure!

After the incense has set itself intensely, brightly and with a sweetish freshness well in scene, it is also immediately flanked by tobacco and amber impressively. Although these title fragrance notes should only appear as a base chord, they mix very early in the fragrance of Ambre Tabac with, whereby their tobacco facets come with time more and more to bear, woody, spicy and marzipanig-sweet. In addition, there are very warm, velvety and also earthy aspects, but all perfectly merge in this complex, highly aromatic overall composition. Also a mentioned vanilla note certainly contributes its sweet-spicy aroma without being overt itself. The supporting pillars of incense and the tobacco becoming drier, powderier and more tart towards the back remain until the end.

Ambre Tabac was created with very good Haltbakeit (good 10 hours) and decent sillage as an eau de parfum for men. The very bulky, masculine flacon points directly to it. Daniel Josier as the responsible perfumer designed here certainly his masterpiece. Early in life he was interested in perfumery and after training and studies he quickly received direct employment at various companies and / or worked with many for many years, including Symrise, UniLever, LVMH, Iberchem and Puig L'Oreal. In 2009, he founded his own collection of niche luxury fragrances, L'Atelier del Perfume. In doing so, he likes to draw on the classic-traditional inspirations of his native Spain and its fantastic landscapes, coasts and cities.

Many thanks for the reading companionship!

How can a fragrance...
...with so few ingredients only smell so incredibly good? What must this be for a tobacco that smells warm, cinnamony, honey-like and fruity at the same time? I am really thrilled! The scent is not too sweet at all, it smells delightfully spicy and gets slightly woody in the drydown. The longevity is quite good at around 8 hours. The similarity to the Oajan he can not deny, yet I like this better, although Oajan is also already a board.
Ambre Tabac will soon move in with me, that much is certain!
Over and out!
Nadiiine
Christmas market - here we come!
This great fragrance I have tested with a very good friend together & our first thoughts, which we spoke out directly were the following: "mhh delicious, oh that's good, spices, Christmas, we run through the Christmas market"

And that's exactly how it was. We both agreed that this fragrance was on the shortlist. My friend said to me she saw us strolling through the Christmas market & ever since then I can't get that image out of my mind. Whenever I smell the scent we are at the Christmas market, walking past various stalls where the smell of spices & aniseed sweets comes towards us & drinking warm mulled wine to warm us up. This year, hopefully, we'll make this a reality & you all know what scent I'm wearing to go with it ;)

The scent is declared as a men's scent, don't understand why though, because if this isn't unisex then I don't know what is.

The bergamot at the beginning I personally do not take. Me comes directly a spice mix with lots of cinnamon & anise. Vanilla gives it a great sweetness and incense gives it that extra something. Meanwhile I like tobacco in fragrances super, without it something would be missing. More than successful & P/L are unbeatable
Jusch1995
The name says it all - amber and tobacco in masterly excellence
Ambre Tabac is a little secret weapon that is no longer so secret. With this fragrance, the name stands for itself. It is very sweet and perfectly combines the eponymous notes of amber and tobacco, creating a very balanced and well-rounded image. The scent is very reminiscent of Parfums de Marly's Oajan or Kilian's Angel Share, but has enough originality to not pass for doupe. The even more present alcohol note makes it edgier and more characterful.

Angels Share (Also a great fragrance) works like sien charming brother and will certainly like the masses better but works against Ambre Tabac somewhat flatter and 1-dimensionaler.
Oajan, on the other hand (also a dream of a fragrance) is clearly cinnamon and Christmas and in my opinion only for the deepest winter properly suitable.

Ambre Tabac has just this perfect blend of extraordinary presence and pleasant sweetness that clings to the wearer like a coat. I discovered it by chance through a sample addition, because he was sent to me between many other samples (which I wanted to test for a long time) as a free addition and he was immediately the surprising star of the round. I knew immediately that I must have this fragrance.

The durability and sillage are really top notch. The fragrance is still the next day on the clothes very well perceptible.
It is rounded off by a beautiful, quite classic bottle, which inspires especially with its beautiful ornamented lid.

The fragrance is perfect for a more discreet evening or colder days in autumn.

A fragrance for the modern gentleman. If you are looking for a beautiful character fragrance and like sweet scents, this fragrance is a perfect companion.
Tabac Original with a dash of Fireball
Actually, I wanted to write no review after only once test. But what the hell - YOLO

The bottle and the box in which this is packed, are already very beautiful and high quality design. After opening the bottle is presented to one in front of a golden background.
The fragrance starts with cinnamon. Although it is not listed, but the opening reminds me totally of the liqueur "Fireball". It floats also still something dried fruit with. Most likely apricot. Once the cinnamon is gone, the amber comes through and the so-called tobacco. It reminds me of the then classic "Tabac Original".
I'm really a fan of the fragrance tobacco but as a passionate cigar and now and then pipe smoker, I can never actually detect real tobacco smell. This one is somewhat reminiscent of a flavored pipe tobacco.
The dried fruit remains all the time.

The fragrance is perceptible all the time, does not seem intrusive and also does not slay one. The durability is quite good.
All in one a pleasant and pleasing men's fragrance for autumn and winter

The Last Odyssey
My name is Lucius Weasley III, called Eight. And I suffer greatly from the incompetence of the commander of NGC 891, Bob Frugge, called BLOB, at least by me. He doesn't know why I'm called Eight and it drives him crazy, which is why I don't tell him, of course. Just so you know, prolonged exposure to lower gravity and radiation can cause slight changes in genetic makeup, such as affecting the number of toes.

The other day the fat little cretin nearly sent us flying into an asteroid, just because he was on his power trip again. Of course I had to save us, of course. I could forgive him a lot of things, that he is character-wise unsuitable for the job, an intellectual zero and also that he almost doesn't fit through the doors. But not his perfume. Always overdosed to the max, sweet incense ad nauseam. That just goes too far in a closed system like a spaceship, despite air treatment!

Anyway, that was the moment a plan took shape. The solution to the BLOB problem is the other hate figure on board, ElVI. Of course, you can't convince an artificial intelligence of your plans, but you can reprogram it. So down to the computational core and fresh to work. I don't know much about computers, but it can't be that hard.

First of all, get access to memory bank AE35... not that hard.
> Good morning, Lucius.
Huh, why English? Well, it doesn't matter, it can happen, we all know that much English. Let's go on.. > I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.
Yeah sure, once BLOB can't give commands anymore, you'll be a great help. Oops, something splashed, but seems ok.
> Look Lucius, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.
Hmm, that might even be a good idea, but I'm so close...

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Lucius. Lucius, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid.
Oh well, an AI has no fear and no sense of smell either, which is sometimes an advantage. Because it smells suspiciously like Christmas cookies - almonds, vanilla and marzipan. And some sandalwood, but that could also be from the laminate here. But the rest is clear: BLOB! It comes...
> I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do
The scent is getting closer, getting penetratingly sweet. I can already hear BLOB puffing with his sugar water breath. Just one more short line of programming, and I'm done.
"What are you doing Eight? Stop that, that's an order!"
Well, it figures, him again, corrupted to the core by his supposed power. Short, fat people are prone to this sort of thing, I once read. Just press ENTER...
> This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
I hear a hiss of escaping air. A sudden breeze blows away the sweet smell of BLOB, but that's the only positive thing about an airlock opening in space.
"Um, ElVI, could you please close the airlock again? Be really nice!"

"I'm sorry, Lucius. I'm afraid I can't do that.
The breeze becomes a hurricane, sweeping everything with it. BLOB is still stuck in the bulkhead, but surely not for long.
"I always do everything you say too, just close the door!"
> I'm afraid I can't do that, Lucius.
> ...
> Cabin pressure: zero.
> No life forms detected.
> Closing bay door.

...

--------------------

To say one thing up front, the Ambre Tabac is not a bad scent. It just arrives in my nose so sweet that it just doesn't want to give me any real pleasure.
He starts already very sweet and reminds me from the beginning of pastries. There also changes the short appearance of the bergamot nothing. The incense is quite nice and the sandalwood is also fine, slightly creamy, a good preparation for the vanilla tobacco. I also smell something slightly fruity here, but can't put my finger on it. It reminds me quite strongly of Christmas cookies, which is quite a nice association. At the end, some amber is added, making the scent a bit warmer, but not bringing any additional sweetness. That would be me at this point but also already care.
Sweet fragrances are always a tightrope walk with me, sometimes they come across extremely as here, but sometimes more subtle, like the Miel d'Arabie. Who can handle sweetness in fragrances better and even like them, which gets with Ambre Tabac a beautiful fragrance, with very good durability and silage.
On the NGC 891 would be anyhow a job free, computer knowledge desired, applications please by PN.

Thanks to the Schalkerin!
Dandrobe
One of the best of its kind!
Ambre Tabac is one of the easiest and roundest to wear tobacco compositions.
I could now test the fragrance extensively and come to the conclusion that it is the most natural tobacco fragrance I own.
Here Daniel Josier has masterfully put two of my favorite notes, tobacco - here a bit dry and slightly sour on my skin - and sweet vanilla, delicious, almost creamy in the scene.
This scent is beautiful and "cozy" and I can definitely see similarities to Oajan, which incidentally I've come to love just as much in the cold season.
However, as far as durability goes, Ambre Tabac is worlds superior to Oajan!
This fragrance lasts and lasts and lasts..... and lasts :)

My conclusion:
Although this fragrance is relatively linear, for me it is one of the masterpieces in the world of fragrances.
Tobacco, vanilla, cinnamon, some incense and bergamot create a very long lasting warm atmosphere of pleasure here.

Caution: Addiction potential !!!

Emorandeira
His name is the BEST description
This perfume is just what his name says: ambre and tabac. The quality of the ingredients seems just gorgeous. I have tried only one perfume more by Daniel josier, quetzaly, and the incense at the opening is very similar in both giving to them some similar vibe. The developement between this two perfumes is very different. Ambre tabac goes into a very nice & sweet amber, brighter than in other fragances, and a very natural tobacco note, with a smell like the habanos and a vibe which remember me a bit to tobacco vanille by Tom Ford (only the tobacco).
The performance is good, about 8 hours on skin with moderate projection. Ambre tabaco is very subtle, although is sweet It is delicate at the same time so It is very suitable for daytime use. Simple but Well done!

Scent: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 8
Versatility: 8
Originality: 7
Global: 9

NicSealNicSeal 3 months ago
A lovely cinnamon bun with spice and woods. Unisex leaning masculine with above average performance. Good value considering competition.
AntAguAntAgu 4 months ago
Longa duração muito bom perfume para o custo
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
A quite sweet opening, fruity-like gourmand with cinnamon and a boozy touch. The drydown is softer with a spicy tobacco, smoky and ambery.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 8 months ago
I'm very into tobacco&ambery fragrances, but this to me smells like a sweetened (a lot) plum/cherry juice. Nice but I expected a lot more
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
Un tabaco dulce muy "Llevable" en temperaturas moderadas. Muy buena relación calidad precio.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A rather linear, slightly boozy, yet powdery/sweet oriental earthy-resinous Winter fragrance, balanced by a gentle spicy-smoky opening.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
This is just what the name says: ambre & tabac. Simple but very Well done. Gorgeous smell with a delicate amber and a very natural tobacco
HajuvanaHajuvana 5 years ago
The label says it. Spatially speaking, I dunno who's on top, as tobacco and amber go together a bit like salt and sugar. Good and simple!

... hier wärmt nicht nur die Sonne die Szenerie - - auch im Duft steckt der tiefe warme Süden - mit all seinen Köstlichkeiten ... :))
by IrisNobile
by MarianoNoHe
by Tomalisman
by Tomalisman

Popular by Daniel Josier

Green Leather by Daniel Josier Mystery Oud by Daniel Josier Vetiver / Golden Vetiver by Daniel Josier Kaleidoscope by Daniel Josier Interdit Absente by Daniel Josier Quetzaly by Daniel Josier Magnolia by Daniel Josier Orquidea by Daniel Josier Le Musk by Daniel Josier Under the Figtree by Daniel Josier Bois d'Iris by Daniel Josier Josune by Daniel Josier Tuberose / Golden Tuberose by Daniel Josier 1929 by Daniel Josier Vanille et Coco by Daniel Josier Cuero de la Toscana by Daniel Josier Casanova by Daniel Josier