Green Leather (2016)

Green Leather by Daniel Josier

Green Leather is a popular perfume by Daniel Josier for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is leathery-floral. It is still in production.

Daniel Josier

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Raspberry, Thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Night-blooming jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Suede, Woody notes, Amber

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.08.2019

9.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

3lbows
Sweet, you gotta like it...
...because it's not really classic green. But one thing at a time. Fixed by an add-on bottle, a bottling had to be done here at all costs. Thanks at this point to Duftboy1966 for the supernette handling.
The small drop in the sample pruvette first smelled like gummy bears with a raspberry taste, which corresponds to the heart note of the actual perfume or my bottling. But then there's something else, scratchy green. Hard to describe, but anyone who has ever bitten a ripe banana with its shell knows what I mean. In the top note, fresh on the skin, Green Leather then has something peppery that freshens up the fruit sweetness together with a citrus-fruity note and protects the fragrance from drugstore banality. This scratchiness is well embedded in the overall concept, perhaps a little too well. This character trait of the fragrance could come across even more aggressively to me. In the drydown, this initially alcoholic peppery aspect of the fragrance changes into something leathery, but remains embedded in this gummy bear sweetness, which dominates the entire course of the fragrance. It's a special one, this Josier, a friendly, uncomplicated candidate with recognition value. Somewhat simple and certainly nothing for perfume maristocrats, but handcrafted great, also in terms of endurance and projection. You are clearly perceptible and you get a "Whiff" from time to time without really being annoying, because you're not as gimmicky as the usual suspects (Paco, Viktor, Wolfgang and what they're all called). As I said, skilfully tuned, but just wonderfully sweet. Because I don't perceive here the gladly taken woodenness, or another as typically male associated basis, the target group is not quite clear to me. He's already suitable for the office, but he lacks this business seriousness, because he's too playful. I would therefore rather place it in the leisure segment, perhaps even a fragrance just for oneself, for play children who stand for quality, for dreamers, perfumers who, when perceived by the environment, want to make a statement: "Yes, I like perfumes, even sweet ones, and that's a good thing. Look how interesting those can be, too."
9.0 8.0 7.0 9.5/10

Strandpirat
It's a pity that you can't experience and test something so awesome in everyday perfumery chains
like a virgin to a child or something. (labour pains were definitely not in play) :-))
In this context I must once again mention the very competent and likeable Parfumo
"Greeni07", which made me aware of this fragrance in the first place. Thank you so much for this scent sample.
I was totally surprised that although the fragrance was only launched in 2016, it is not so easy to get on the Internet. Daniel Josier didn't say anything to me as a perfumer either, but that doesn't mean anything, because firstly I'm not the mega-expert and secondly I have to admit that this generally presented mainstream mishmash has also made me a bit comfortable when it comes to fragrance.
But now for the fragrance:
When it comes to leather fragrances, I'm always cautious about my person, because in the past it happened that I smelled like a rancid briefcase. For me it is also important that leather does not totally cover and dominate the other nuances and that especially when leather is involved, the fragrance undergoes a beautiful development.
Green Leather fulfills all these requirements. The leather doesn't kill you but is present, harmonizes and levels with the other notes.
Especially the incense and Amber did this to me.
Who knows my evaluations, knows that I never analytically describe the smell, and almost every second record, which note is perceptible when, but always judge according to my subjective feeling from the gut out.
I own the fragrance only recently, so I have worn it only 2 to 3 times.
I like the fragrance very much in all 4 categories mentioned above. Durability köööööö could be a bit better and for my taste - hears - the leather could get through a bit more in the further course of wearing but I think this is due to the unisex existence. But that's a very high level of whining. For those who are generally fond of leather fragrances without being beaten to death by a "leather case", Green Leather will definitely be something

Popular Daniel Josier

Ambre Tabac by Daniel Josier Green Leather by Daniel Josier Mystery Oud by Daniel Josier Vetiver / Golden Vetiver by Daniel Josier Interdit Absente by Daniel Josier Bois d'Iris by Daniel Josier Kaleidoscope by Daniel Josier Magnolia by Daniel Josier Josune by Daniel Josier Le Musk by Daniel Josier Cuero de la Toscana by Daniel Josier Orquídea Negra by Daniel Josier Tuberose / Golden Tuberose by Daniel Josier 1929 by Daniel Josier Vanille et Coco by Daniel Josier Casanova by Daniel Josier