Intimately Men (2006) Eau de Toilette

Intimately Men (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham
Bottle Design: Lutz Herrmann

Intimately Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by David Beckham for men and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmeg, Star anise, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.07.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Leporello
The thinking person changes his mind ...
or why we sometimes have to settle for less. Beckham and Nietzsche that can't go together and ever honor a commentary on a drugstore smell with concentrated German philosophy, if that's not too much of a good thing. I am really not a proven friend of drugstore scents, most of them are miasmatic births from another galaxy, at the most suitable for covering up prepubertal sweat scent with chemical warfare agents. Now enough of the agitation, let's address ourselves to the question why I'm so keen on the celebrity scent of an English football player who probably wants nothing more than a nobilitation into the truly British upper class.

Now I will and must probably break another sacrilege when I report that I will use Intimately Men, inevitably, as the best possible substitute for my personal Holy Grail in matters of men's fragrance from now on. In short, I didn't love and love any fragrance as much as Gucci Pour Homme from 2003. For many years I wore this masterpiece whenever the temperature allowed and of course I had the complete series with it. Because besides the fragrance, shower gel, aftershave and deodorant stick were also simply terrific. No fragrance has and will inspire me as much as Gucci Pour Homme, for me the epitome of a men's fragrance and my warming shield at fresh temperatures. It came as it had to come, the fragrance has long since been discontinued, my large supplies are gone (I had stashed four bottles of 50 milliliters and various "vast quantities" of shower gel, deodorant and aftershave in store when the setting announced itself) and I had actually given up finding another fragrance that comes somewhat close to Gucci Pour Homme. Actually, the situation seemed like a joke to me when a colleague at work (he always wore Gucci Pour Homme, too) said the other day that there was probably a Beckham scent that came quite close to Gucci. I thought it was a latrine rumor and wanted to ask him about alcohol abuse. During the lunch break I went to the next DM (also due to the brutal heat) to buy some urgently needed "refreshment utensils". En passant I passed the shelf with the scents of Beckham and took a bottle with me, also because of the extremely low price (seems to be sold out).

Now that the last days were a bit fresher, especially in the evening, I dared to make a comparison test. Logically, Intimately can't keep up with Gucci's masterpiece in all respects, yet I was and am positively surprised that I can perceive more than clear borrowings (I'd like to think one has copied from the masterpiece). First, I'd like to say that Intimately is a "watered down version" of the Gucci classic. Nevertheless, the prelude can and could convince me, it is just like with Gucci Pour Homme only a little bit lighter and for a short time rather emphasized on the citric notes, before it becomes clearly more woody and also the basil note of the original emerges. After about twenty minutes it gets even more woody and spicy, Gucci pour Homme always reminded me of the smell of an old monastery library, old books, wood mixed with incense and somewhere in front of my inner eye a monk squeezed lemons out. This is exactly what Intimately does, but clearly "foggier" or more blurred, as if a "filter" had been placed over the Gucci fragrance. Also the incense looks more damped, weaker or "diluted" but at least it is there. The shelf life is not so bad at all, on my skin there are a good six hours before the fragrance, similar to Gucci, ends mildly spicy and minimally amber-sweetened with light powderiness. Strangely enough, the "alleged" official scent twins of Gucci Pour Homme didn't inspire me as much, and yes, they couldn't get close to the original, as this little "snobbish" of mine declassified as a celebrity scent, scent it can.

By the way, I don't think the opening of the bottle is bad at all, it looks chic and heavy, but if you shouldn't use such a cheap sticker, you'd have to improve it here, you could certainly make the fragrance appear more "valuable". The sprayer and the processing of the bottle are not bad at all. Freely after Nietzsche I changed my mind as a thinking person and now try at least with Intimately a little bit to reactivate the grandiose time with Gucci pour Homme
7.0 5.0 6.0 7.0/10

Darkbeat
A sweet perfume, as strange as addictive.
Incredible perfume that I would never have expected to find in this price range. The truth is that, if this is signed by any other prestigious house, this would have cost 10 times more. A perfume that I liked a lot.

The output is acid-sweet mixture as strange as original, the cardamom brings the acidity, accompanied, also, of citrus and fresh, but cushioned by the sweetness of the violet with a touch of anise, I like it, a warm aroma, sweet , but at the same time it has a delicious, fine and very modern floral acid touch. Then, little by little, the violet is made with the aroma, resting on a background of very spicy sandalwood (residual anise and cardamom, and nutmeg on the rise) This part of the perfume is the one that feels the most sweet and spicy, floral-woody fragrance like a spicy balsam, here you can already feel the first throes of amber. The drying on my skin is an ambered sandalwood where nuances of very subtle violets rest. A fine and sweet perfume, of carefree and avant-garde execution.

The duration, if we look at its price is more than good, I have much more expensive perfumes that last the same or even less, so, the performance is moderate in both cases, longevity and wake, not exceeding 6 hours in skin with a wake moderate

Very versatile perfume, warm and temperate climates, and to use both day and night. As for versatility, it does not have any, but in my humble opinion, it could be used even in winter for its warmth.

If you are a lover of warm and sweet perfumes, this is a highly recommended perfume, with a great quality / price ratio.

Sorry for my bad english.
9.0 5.0 3.0 7.0/10

Just try it
Alright... got the 75ml bottle (or cube) for $12! Really love the bottle/cube, classy. The sent is warm with amber and cinnamon (although the later isn’t really listed as a note). I’m starting to think that this one is so inexpensive because you need to overspray so much!
If you thought D&G the One or YSL LNDL had performance issues... then you should try this. But the scent is lovely and comforting, just as The One and LNDL.
5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Affordable spicy masculine
I was always curious as to how this would smell. In fact I am somewhat impressed.

Intimately Beckham for Men is mostly a spicy and woodsy scent. Not overly complex but not bland and boring either.

The opening, while sharp and sudden, is strangely likable with its sour grapefruit and earthy and herbaceous cardamom. The drydown only becomes increasingly spicy and warm possibly because of the patchouli making its presence known.

I love that this fragrance is subtle and 'intimate' it truly is. The softness is very sexy and mysterious.

Dinomafia 14 months ago
I don't recommend it. I struggle to find any good in this fragrance. Its harsh when first sprayed and does not get better. Oriental woodsy+2
Darkbeat 17 months ago
A sweet and spicy delight, worth more than it costs. A magnificent perfume to consider.+3
5.0

by Michael
by Ironheart
by Ironheart

Popular David Beckham

Instinct (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Intimately Men (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Intimately Women by David Beckham Classic (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Homme (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham The Essence (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Classic Blue (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Signature Men (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Intimately Yours Women by David Beckham Beyond (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Intimately Yours Men by David Beckham Instinct Sport by David Beckham Beyond Forever by David Beckham Intimately Night Women by David Beckham Intimately Night Men by David Beckham Respect by David Beckham Signature Story Men (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Signature Women by David Beckham Intense Instinct by David Beckham Signature Story Women by David Beckham