Signature Story Men (2009) Eau de Toilette

Signature Story Men (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham
Bottle Design: Lutz Herrmann
Signature Story Men (Eau de Toilette) (David Beckham)
Signature Story Men (Eau de Toilette) (David Beckham)

Signature Story Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by David Beckham for men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-floral. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Basil, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Orange blossom, Rosemary
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Frankincense, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.11.2016

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Not bad for a celebrity scent
When I went to visit my boyfriend recently, one of the first things I noticed on his bedside table was a new bottle of Signature Story for Him. His regular gym scent used to be Signature for Him and once that was gone, (since I expressed my dislike of it), I assumed that there would be no more Beckham fragrances in his collection.

I was not familiar with this fragrance, and in some ways I was intrigued. Now since testing it, I can sort of see why he bought it as a replacement for the original Signature for Him.

Signature Story for Him is a pleasantly masculine and fresh scent, which is thankfully rather soft in terms of sillage. It's not complex, however it smells interesting with sour pineapple complimenting earthy and herbaceous notes like lavender and patchouli.

Lavender smells fabulous on my boyfriend's skin, so this fragrance works wonders. He's a relatively buff kind of a guy, so having a gym scent that can withstand strenuous workouts while keeping him smelling 'fresh' is a must. I like this fragrance for that reason, but I must admit that I suggest he wears other fragrances if we are planning to cuddle at home or go out to dinner.

Supposedly there's incense in this composition. I don't smell it, but I do detect a good dose of patchouli, lavender and rosemary. The scent pyramid may look unique, but trust me, this is a very likable and universally pleasing scent. I wouldn't go so far to say generic, but it does fit into that 'celebuscent' category.

Due to Signature Story for Him's freshness, I would recommend this fragrance for both Autumn and Spring. It's a nice 'pick me up' in the morning, and wears well casually, however it's nothing that spectacular. It's still quite expensive in stores, but can be found online rather cheaply. I personally still prefer Intense Instinct and Intimately Beckham for Men, however I am willing to accept this new addition to my boyfriend's perfume collection, and in time I hope to become accustomed to it.

by Michael
by Michael

Popular David Beckham

Instinct (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Intimately Men (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Intimately Women by David Beckham Classic (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Homme (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham The Essence (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Classic Blue (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Signature Men (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Intimately Yours Women by David Beckham Intimately Yours Men by David Beckham Beyond (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Instinct Sport by David Beckham Intimately Night Women by David Beckham Signature Women by David Beckham Intimately Night Men by David Beckham Signature Story Men (Eau de Toilette) by David Beckham Intense Instinct by David Beckham Signature Story Women by David Beckham Respect by David Beckham Instinct Gold Edition by David Beckham