Cuir de R'Eve 2014

Cuir de R'Eve by David Jourquin
Cuir de R'Eve is a popular perfume by David Jourquin for women and was released in 2014. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Clove
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Orris butter, Red fruits
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Leather, Vanilla

Submitted by Mefunx, last update on 19.11.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
Leather in the powder cloud
Hmm... leather scents...
I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of leather scents, I don't know why. Sometimes I have the feeling that I would just smell a skin... on the other hand I wouldn't mind sniffing at the tender skin of you ladies... HOLD! This will definitely come across wrong again,... argh... okay, again from the top...

Yeah... I don't like leather scents anyways. Every now and then they smell nice, but I don't necessarily have to feel like a walking couch or leather armchair, or something like that, but softer leather, like suede or suede, smells pretty good from time to time in perfumes, depending on what they're mixed with.

All right, let's get to Cuir de R'Eve. My French may be rusty, but doesn't the name of the fragrance mean "The leather of Eva?"? What kind of leather? Skin? Or a kind of comfortable armchair from this Eva, which is red in my imagination and resembles a little the leather dress of the flacon here? I don't know, but if I think about it further, and about this Eva, then I get quite different ideas,... which I prefer to keep to myself :D

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with quite sweet notes, which are soft and soft. There's pink pepper and vanilla. And for me it smells like Iris, and Make Up, something in between, which reminds a little of the opening of Dior Homme. Anyway, it is a beautiful scent, and if the pepper were not spicy, the sweet notes would be even stronger. Somehow it seems as if Eva is sitting in front of me at one of those gigantic cosmetic mirrors (with those light bulbs around it) to put on makeup. There is also a gigantic powder cloud in the room and I see pink and red colors everywhere. For some reason, I see Eva in one of those showgirl corset outfits, smiling at me and painting her lips with red lipstick and getting ready for her performance... well, that comes to mind when I smell the top note! D
Then it goes on and I smell beside all the described notes a light tobacco note, which can also be the patchouli with its earthy scent. And of course the leather starts to smell a little bit, which smells like real leather, but is not pungently bitter, but rather a little more gentle.
With time, the fragrance, despite its still slightly spicy orientation, smells softer, and of course still sweet and make-up-like. Leather and vanilla become more and more intense and become the main scents, but the pepper also radiates intensively. However, the pepper will soon also become milder, so that the fragrance will continue to soften from the base. And although the leather should not smell as soft as suede, it is now mild and "feels" great.
Towards the end the leather scent gets a bit weaker, but still smellable, and so you can smell the iris better again. And so the scent stays, too, so generally soft with light leather notes. A very nice scent.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is quite strong at the beginning, you are enveloped by a big scent cloud, which gets smaller with time, but stays big enough to be perceived well by one for a longer time. The shelf life is extremely good, because the next morning you can still feel a slightly sweet-smooth scent on your skin.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and has a red leather casing with an oval window cutout through which you can see the inside of the bottle. The lid is rectangular, made of wood and brown. As an accessory, the bottle carries a black rose, which looks quite nice. A successful bottle.

So, I think this fragrance here is quite okay, and that, although I wrote that leather fragrances are not quite my thing. This one smells soft, which I like better. Its beautiful, powdery make-up-like scent reminds me of the scent of women... and again it sounds so wrong when I describe it this way... :DD
You know what I mean... at least I hope so :)

In any case, the fragrance is worth a try. Because apart from his beautiful fragrance he also has a good durability, a nice Sillage, comes over quite sexy and is therefore especially suitable for a great evening. Especially in autumn and winter.

However, I have to get rid of a small point of criticism, namely that you can get such a fragrant fragrance with a little patience and search for far less than 230 Euro. Well... otherwise, as I said, a quite tasty fragrance! Even those who don't otherwise like leather can try the fragrance, because the leather in the later base radiates even weaker than it already does and the fragrance, as described above, has a mostly gentle charisma.

And with that I close for today and wish you a nice evening :)

by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer
Eve und unheilige Paradeiser
by KatharinaG
by Sofiaolga
by Sofiaolga

Popular David Jourquin

Cuir Tabac by David Jourquin Cuir Mandarine by David Jourquin Cuir Altesse by David Jourquin Cuir Caraïbes by David Jourquin Cuir Vénitien by David Jourquin Cuir Solaire by David Jourquin