David Yurman (2008)

David Yurman by David Yurman
Bottle Design: David Lipman

David Yurman is a perfume by David Yurman for women and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-floral. It is still in production.

Harry Frémont

Woods, Currant leaf, Currant blossom, Mandarin, Musk, Patchouli, Peony, Rose, Waterlily

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.11.2016

Typical rose oud
Oud/rose compositions are that vast enough to classify them by period and type. The first type is those based on dry oud and watery rose. There's no sign of farmyard animality, no sign of odd gourmand patchouli, nor punchy smoky Taif rose. The elementary level is such simple juicy oud/rosewater aroma that is unfit to reality of orient. David Yurman's debut is in this area.

David Yurman Fragrance is a plain duet of dusty wet rose and snob oud accord which in the core is subdued by patchouli. A plate of flowers is used to rather intensify the wet rose vibe. No matter how soprano the opening is, the musky accord occupies the composition in the base.
6/10
10.0 10.0 5.0/10

Bling, Not Gold
Floral chypre is currently my favorite fragrance category. I absolutely adore Hermès 24 FAUBOURG, and La Perla LA PERLA was also a favorite before it was reformulated--it's still good, but not as good as it was...

David Yurman's eponymous perfume (and it is a perfume, not an eau de parfum!) aspires to soar to the heights of such masterpieces but somehow misses the mark. I cannot pinpoint why exactly, but what I find in wearing this perfume is that it reminds me of the equally excessive La Prairie LIFE THREADS series, the only one of which I really like is PLATINUM (the floral chypre, coincidentally (-;).

DAVID YURMAN is loud in a somewhat blaring way, which contrasts with what I interpret in 24 FAUBOURG to be glorious opulence. All of the pieces fit together harmonically in the Hermès in a way in which they do not quite fit here. There is a lack of balance, I'd say.

I do not think that this perfume is bad, but I also do not think that it is great.
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

A bit too rich
David Yurman is a classy scent in various ways, however, unfortunately this fragrance doesn't blend too well with my chemistry.

From the sample, prior to application, David Yurman reminds me of Guerlain's Jicky. It was promisingly spicy and rich. The first spray was quite bold with black currant and spicy, earthy patchouli. I was nodding in agreement for at least the first few minutes.

Unfortunately the patchouli doesn't stick around for long, as the scent transcends into a sourish orange and soap blend. It's not unpleasant but it puts me off because it reminds me of those soap dispensers in public bathrooms.

Although a supposed chypre, David Yurman isn't particularly animalic or mossy. Occasionally I sniff my wrist and smile, but a majority of the time I find this fragrance too strong and dizzying.

The price is a little bit ridiculous, especially seeing that this fragrance isn't as majestic as it appears to be. It does last for the price and the sillage is a monster, however I see that as being its downfall rather than a plus.

It's nice for those that like a strong soapy smell that is more dirty than clean, however for me, David Yurman hasn't managed to win me over.

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul

Popular David Yurman

David Yurman by David Yurman Delicate Essence by David Yurman David Yurman Limited Edition by David Yurman Exotic Essence by David Yurman Fresh Essence by David Yurman Summer Essence by David Yurman