Delicate Essence (2011)

Delicate Essence by David Yurman

Delicate Essence is a perfume by David Yurman for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Harry Frémont

Top Notes Top NotesLotus, Orange blossom, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.09.2018

3 L'Impératrice little sister
It's always fascinating for me when you buy blind because of the scent pyramid, because you imagine how it could smell and in the end you're surprised again what actually gets in your nose. So it is here at David Yurman's Delicate Essence. The scent of the lotus blossom should be familiar to most of you from the Elisabeth Arden "Green Tea" series. So it is not surprising that the dominant fresh, fruity and sour, aqueous prelude comes from the lotus blossom. I find here interesting the impact of the pepper which, contrary to the expectation, does not contribute anything in sharpness or spice, but with the lotus rather a citric melange.
Luckily I can't see the orange blossom with its mostly stuffy-fleshy note.
The citrusy floral opening is quickly joined by a delicately sweet rose note, which clearly supports the top note through the tangy fresh parts of the peony.
This fresh arrangement lasts approx. 2h until it slowly drifts into the creamy soft ambry base where it ends after approx. 4h.
The whole fragrance reminds me somehow of D&G "3 L'Impératrice". Parallels can be found above all in the fruity and sour start. Sisters in spirit. :)
Here and there may flash a bit of synthetics, but that doesn't bother me With "Delicate Essence" David Yurman certainly didn't have a great litter, but he was a pleasant summer companion.
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Another Pink Peony Perfume (--pass)
I've reached the bottom of my generous-sized sample vial of David Yurman DELICATE ESSENCE, so it is time at last to issue a verdict. In fact, to my nose this perfume is a very common peony fragrance which I feel that I've sniffed many times before with only slight variations in the accompanying notes. The pink pepper in this composition is very light, as is the lotus, so really the peony is the star of the show, with a few small rose buds humming softly in the background.

I am not an aficionado of peony perfumes, many of which actually make me sick. So the good news is that DELICATE ESSENCE is wearable by me, while many peony perfumes are not. The bad news is that it's just not very interesting. DELICATE ESSENCE reminds me of the Jil Sanders Style Pastel BLUSH PINK perfume, which also conveys a sort of vague florality, although I prefer the Jil Sanders--probably because the flowers used are more appealing to me.

If you tend to like inoffensive, somewhat generic floral perfumes, this one should suit you just fine. As for me, I'll have to pass.

by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular David Yurman

David Yurman by David Yurman Delicate Essence by David Yurman David Yurman Limited Edition by David Yurman Exotic Essence by David Yurman Fresh Essence by David Yurman Summer Essence by David Yurman