Adventure (2008)Eau de Toilette

Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Bottle Design Alnoor Design

Adventure (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Perfumers

Antoine Lie, Givaudan

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green tea, Mandarin, Black pepper, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPimento, Sesame
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.06.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign photographed by Steven Klein is the Scottish actor and singer Ewan McGregor. The commercial for the fragrance was shot by director Seb Edwards.

Swagger91
The adventure of my life:D
My good evaluation is of course of a subjective nature! My first fragrance I bought in my younger years from my hard pocket money. I won't go too much into the individual scents, because I think other people can do that much better;)
However, the fragrance makes me revel in my youth memories again and again and think for today under 35 EUR for 100 ml one can not complain. But there is a drawback that the fragrance does not last too long and is already synthetic when applied. By the sweet notes and pigment not quite generic but at too hot temperatures but annoying and too sweet then. I will definitely treat myself to it again sometime. But now is not a Must Have of all Time!
Condorpilot1
For an adventure you have to take your time
Come to think of it, my Davidoff Adventure bottle has actually been on my shelf for about 7 years, it was one of the first perfumes I actively bought. But this long time should not be meant in a derogatory way and give the impression that I do not use the perfume because I do not like it. For a long time I have worn perfumes rather rarely. Although I guess I was too young for this scent DNA, I was still enthusiastic and felt more mature.

I still remember the TV commercial with Evan McGregor - dry nature, Evan McGregor on a motorcycle, roaming through various landscapes, leather jacket, alone, adventurous atmosphere. And yes, when I look at this bottle, I get this feeling that the fragrance fits into a warm, dry environment. Nevada or Arizona, anywhere in the middle of nowhere in the USA where nothing grows, a ranch, a lumberjack shirt, a dirt bike and a trip into the distance. Maybe a trip with the motorcycle or an old Ford Mustang. But the road trip takes time and therefore I need a long lasting companion through the day, which always triggers this feeling in me. That would be my dream image of how this scent would fit into the setup.

Well then? I can't say more than that I like him and appreciate him as he is basically created. Light wood and even more wood, with a hint of pink pepper in between Dried grass, warmth and light sweetness, heat shimmer. But: why so fast a skin-scent? You could do so much more, Davidoff Adventure! Where is the long lasting day companion I desire? I don't want to have to spray perfume all the time on my road trip because it is hardly noticeable... The potential is absolutely there but the punch is missing. Something that resonates with this perfume and conveys confidence. Something that embodies the man on his road trip through the vastness of dry Arizona and Co.

I wish I was Obi-Wan
Ewan McGregor as a testimonial was able to inspire me for this fragrance from the very beginning. The wilderness, the freshness, the sun - all this exudes this fragrance. Unfortunately only for 12 minutes (with 6 splashes on ears and neck), then the scent collapses and is no longer perceptible for anyone. For me it belongs nevertheless in the standard repertoire, because also for activities, which last only 12 minutes, one (n) should smell appropriately. Dispose of garbage, refuel, hang up laundry - anyone who can do all this for 12 minutes is on the safe side with this fragrance. Otherwise, hands off!
Minigolf
Crumbled and sanded all over the place
Here I have a funny-seltsame idea when I smell "Adventure":
Someone stops his car on a dusty road in Arizona to eat a dry roll. He drinks lukewarm mineral water from a "Gallon-bottle" to swallow the crumbs. He loses a lot of dusty lumps, which are then carried everywhere by the wind.
The sand crunches under his sandals, and he curses quietly to himself, "If only I were already at home. To enjoy my Milly's delicious food!!"
And he smells of his aftershave of the morning.
And this mixture makes it possible to describe the scent to some extent.
Dry, dusty heat that tickles like pepper in the nose. In addition a light, green-dry fruitiness.
The pimento then adds a scoop. Like the hot burning noon sun of the Wild West.
Only after longer wearing time the smell becomes a little bit milder, later even "cool", like nights in the desert, if the temperature drops strongly A cedary-harsh hint and an aroma of earthy grass.
I don't want to tear up a scent "in the air" here, but this is my very personal impression, although "Adventure" is still an olfactory work of art.
On my skin it is just a bit too "sharp" for me like grains of sand that are blown at me by the wind.
And a little too dry - hot, as just so strangely described.
The heat creates a "water on the road flicker", even though there is only sand....

Brightstar
Good Performance for an Adventurer (7.625/10)
It is a fresh scent. Suit with it's name Adventure. Citrus scents bring a sparkle on the top and middle notes.

The longevity of the fragrance is okay.
For non 4-seasons countries, it is suitable on day time. The longevity can hold around 5-6 hours.
Surprisingly, if involve in an active activity, the longevity would be better, that may last to 6-7 hours.
For the 4-seasons countries, the longevity may can long-last to 5-6 hours.

Performance
The performance is okay. The top notes may hold longer than middle and base notes. The scent is in better performance if involve to an active activity.

The sillage is okay too. Not overrated or underrated, just on the par.

Uniqueness
Not so much uniqueness for the Davidoff Adventure. A scent that will not give a trademark or attract surrounding people.

Bottle Design
The bottle design is ordinary. Easy to use but ordinary.
2.5
2.5

Could be better...
Good cologne with interesting mid notes, but then dries down to a weak cedar base.

The notes in the piramid should work great, but it's not this case.

Lasting power is below average (2 hours maximum) and also projection is weak.

Updated January 2014

ElysiumElysium 15 months ago
A blast of citrus green tea and a touch of freshly crunched peppercorn on a woody base. I was surprised it wasn't as strong as I thought.
BrightstarBrightstar 3 years ago

by Helge
by deluxe
by deluxe

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff