Cool Water (1988)Eau de Toilette

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 1988. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by Coty.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Coriander, Lavender, Mint, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Neroli, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Tobacco, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.06.2020.

Currently actor Scott Eastwood is the face of the advertising campaign. Previously actors Josh Holloway and Paul Walker (†) were faces of the campaign as well.

Icebucket-Challenge with ivy water
Another one of those scents that has already been said all about. But because I like his DNA, because he is cheap to get and last but not least - because he has not been diluted to death, I like to add some mustard.
The way CW smells, I don't want to step on it. Icebucket-Challenge with ivy water is probably a good idea.
Cool Water is the epitome of a maritime fragrance, the surf around the rock, the algemarine among perfumes. I hardly know of a fresher fragrance that is so versatile to wear, that lasts so long and doesn't annoy despite its presence. At the same time, its recognition value is a problem for some people. The theme of the tingling ocean breeze is cheerfully taken up by room fragrances, wonder trees, shoe deodorants, detergents and dishwashing liquids, all the way to toilet stones. Today, the fragrance has a wide range of associations, not to mention its "You smell like daddy", which was widely spread in the 90s. But since I am one myself, I'll take that as a compliment.
And then there is of course a wide range of perfumes that also make use of the theme, but more on that later. Because those who can live with it and switch off the memory of scents will be rewarded with the finest ocean head cinema, and in the warm season, both in the office and in leisure time, they will be scented in the best possible way. CW is not really natural; nothing in the sea smells like cool water, but cool water definitely smells like sea to me This brings us to the unique selling point compared to the well-known fragrance twins, above all "Green Irish Tweed" from the same perfumer. In the fleetingly perceived Duftaura still quite similar, GIT clearly goes the green way, delicately sweetly powdered with violet, whereby CW remains coarse and broad-legged on the ozone-aquatic highway. Again and again interesting, how similar, and at the same time different the two are. If I want to wear GIT, I feel compelled to dress a little more serious, whereas CW somehow allows to wear practically everything, from casual to smart. A little design trick beams me out of Poseidon's realm to Kerrygold and Persil.
L'Aventure Knight" also shares this fresh green detergent note. The inexpensive fragrance twin from Al Haramain plays just as confidently and persistently, but with a much less filigree definition. From Cool Water, it is separated by the ozone-sea quality anyway.

If you want a cheaper price, you can go to "Étoiles Silver" from the same company. Also this one is more oriented to GIT, but comes closer to CW. In terms of quality, however, you shouldn't expect any jumps here; after an hour, the fragrance sinks into a more indefinable, scratchy, ozonic spicy aura. Here you get exactly what you pay for.

For me the most interesting alternative is "Tres Nuit (Eau de Toilette)". Here one builds on the Cool Water / GIT DNA, but takes out the green (GIT), or aquatic (CW) sharpness, and creates a universally wearable, independent fresh scent with a powdery lavender violet note.

By the way, "Cool Water Intense" has nothing to do with the OG; it's rather a heavy sweet with a hint of coconut, which doesn't even remotely address the topic of ocean freshness.

The fragrance twins mostly go in the green direction. So if you want Cool Water because of the water association, you have to buy Cool Water, too, but given the fair price and the still high quality, this should not be a problem.
MTS
In the footsteps of winners
Cool Water is a scent my aspiring father used to wear. It is also the same scent that an elderly gentleman on the bus next door uses to underline his person. The bottle that the boss carries from his office on the day of the pension.

A classic with which I definitely associate combative, fair and successful men with charisma. Someone who scores with his personality. Self-confident and aware of his environment. With winning character, never arrogant.
One could describe the fragrance in this way or similarly, steadfast but not stale, knows about its value in the scene, does not have to prove itself. Just an icon.

Although I am convinced that Cool Water can be worn all year round, it shows off better on warmer days. It brings out this green freshness more wonderfully than I have ever experienced from any other fragrance before.
During the day in the office he is discreetly in the background, in the evening in the exit it can be a little bit more so that he is effective.

So I carried him out the other day and was promptly approached by a woman at the bar. She said I kind of smelled like her father. With a smile I told her that he must be a successful nice man. Erataunt about how suitable I judged him, we continued our conversation and danced through the first warm spring night.
Timeless
For a long time I held back to write a comment on "Cool Water", the footprints of the prescribers and the general standing of this fragrance seemed too big to me. There were times when it bored me. There were times when I loved him. In midsummer it was always an indispensable companion of quiet elegance. It unites so much in itself and yet is so simple and plain. As some of you who like to read a comment of mine might know, I am not a fan of aquatic fragrances. Nevertheless, I love this "primal aquatic", because it has an aquatic nature that is considerate and above all reserved. When I think of the Acqua di Gio Profumo, however, my stomach turns over!

For me the Cool Water is also the perfect stopgap, with which you are never wrong. Its crisp coolness and fresh touch appeals to most noses. Mine, too. Also the minimal green and mossy undertone creates the image of a real sea surf without getting too mossy and algal. It also lacks the grassy engraving of a Green Irish Tweed, albeit designed by the same master. Here is the theme of the sea and this has been hit. Not a warm Pacific Ocean, but an icy cold Atlantic Ocean is skilfully staged here. In the course of time this will not change much, just stay as it starts and like it. You can also put it in the fridge to increase the freshness kick.

For me in sum one of the most timeless fragrances I own. When I think about the fact that it is actually from 1988, I am amazed that it is not noticeable. In 2020 it is just as modern as when it was created and that's great. Few fragrances can make this claim. Funnily enough, I don't have any room in my perfume cabinet either, it's just in the bathroom, in the fridge or sometimes at my parents' house. It's an ideal walking flacon just in case. Of course, it is also suitable for this purpose, as it simply doesn't cost much and can be distributed everywhere in mini sizes without any problems.

With me it is also a real power scent. It lasts really well, which in numbers is about 8 hours. Besides, especially in summer you can perceive it excellently. It pulsates beautifully when you start to sweat and thus literally recharges itself. I think I will always want to own it. At the moment I'm waiting for a new bottle and I'll be glad when it comes back. Especially today in the bright sunshine I would have liked to welcome it on my neck!
In this sense one can only take one's hat off to this timeless beauty.
Off to the Atlantic!
Cngz95
Aquamen makes his six-pack dance
If I had to put this fragrance in a category, it would be "summer scents for men". It comes fresh, aquatic, sassy and is probably one of the fragrances for the beach holiday.

Cool water is also proof that smelling good does not have to be expensive. Especially those who like aftershave fragrances will be very pleased. I have also been told that many women are attracted by the scent, which does not surprise me at all.

Due to its age, it is of course well known and therefore Cool Water is probably no longer an insider tip for a long time. So if you value individuality, you could make yourself a little less interesting with this fragrance, but if you don't care, you can still have a lot of fun with Cool Water today.

A good all-rounder for men up to middle age, who need an always-on fragrance for the summer!

FvSpee
CoViD comments, tenth piece: Aquatic deconstruction.
First of all, many thanks to all those who have followed me here for the tenth day. I'm glad if I could really entertain you all these days and that you stay true to this little series. The number of my subscribers usually only grows when I'm on dive station for 6 to 8 weeks, so I always feel a bit like a street musician who gets paid to shut up. This time it was different, which I find really nice.

Apart from the "plague" of Camus, which was the subject of discussion the day before yesterday, another classic epidemic is the Decamerone of Bocaccio. The Italian was a contemporary witness and survivor of the great plague of 1348/1349, which depopulated large parts of Europe. At the end of these two years, many estates and countries had only half or a third of the population as before. So things are still getting worse. The story is that ten young high-society guys from Florence, three boys and seven girls, during the plague after the service (!) say to each other, actually starkly, that there are less here every Sunday, not because they all left the church, but because they left life. Therefore (this corresponds roughly to the attitude of the super rich in New York and California to winter the plague on yachts off the coast) they retire to a chic remote country house, with servants of course, and have a good time there. Because this is to be done "within the bounds of propriety," ahem, they tell each other stories for ten days, always one per day, each of the ten, a hundred altogether. So the book consists of a hundred funny stories (mostly about sex; apparently the good ones had to verbally work off their backlog of urges, which had formed because they would have liked to do something other than telling stories) and a little plague story. By the way, I forgot if and how it was justified that they broke up after ten days and returned to the plague hole Florence. The plague will hardly have been over. No more stories in stock and too boring without? I read the book many, many years ago and found it a bit dusty. It seemed to me as if the style and content of the stories doesn't mean that much to us today, unless we are interested in cultural history or something similar. But maybe you would see it differently, so: reading suggestion for the curfew ?

I've already told my ten stories now, if you look at it that way. Would any of you like to take over the next ten? Like a virtual perfume country house? I'm taking a break tomorrow and the day after. If no one is found in that time (threat!), then I'll continue with ten more comments from Tuesday until Maundy Thursday. From Good Friday on I have to take a break for eight days anyway, and then we'll see if the air is a bit cleaner out there...

Today we're going to talk about a fragrance that you all know. And if not, then somehow that's your fault, because Cool Water belongs to European popular culture like Asterix and Pizza. So please go and test it as soon as possible (Shit, I can't, so order something from the souk or whatever). And if you don't know Pizza and Asterix yet, order that too. For Asterix I personally recommend "Asterix at the Swiss" and for the pizza the Napoli with anchovies, capers and olives. Vegetarians who have never eaten pizza before and need a tip without anchovies, please write me a PN. So I skip the station of the scent description here. I will start right away with the fact that there are two fundamental obstacles in the way of any "objective" occupation with this scent:

First. We have been used to the advertising messages for generations: colour BLUE. Muscle-men. Who jump in the water. Name (for the name 10 points as recognition for the marketing coup) COOL WATER. Name of the fragrance in any book or blog as prototypical AQUATIC. What else should one think but that this fragrance smells "like water" and is THE typical men's summer sports fragrance?

Secondly, for us men in our mid-thirties and fifties, who are probably a strong cohort here among the regular perfume writers (and even more so among the Cool Water commentators), this fragrance is always associated with biographical memories. Pimples. Pimples. Girls. Wanting to belong. Eighties memories. Or something. That's what a lot of nice comments are about here
But what would be, if you tried to free yourself from all this (as good as possible). To put yourself in the position of a person who neither knows all the advertising nor has any biographical memories associated with it. Let's say a 25-year-old Afghan from Herat, who is presented with the stuff in a neutral test tube with the inscription "Scent number 16c". If this person could express himself in a sufficiently differentiated way, how would he describe this scent? If you feel like it, try the experiment itself, it is very informative!
If it's not a spoiler, as I felt it was: I thought it was a damn sweet smell. Sea water doesn't smell like that (I recommend Un Air de Bretagne by Artisan Parfumeur), it's rather fresh water, if not sugar water! Then I find Cool Water actually very green (I fully agree with Yatagan). Apart from the fact that many languages of the world do not know the difference between green and blue, it is perceived as one colour with several shades: It's actually a green scent, and the whole blue is a huge advertising fake. If I say so now, it proves the opposite. I'm gonna smell a lot of flowers. And after all that, it's not really a very masculine scent to me. On the contrary. Actually, it's a girl's scent. It should be called Pink Sugar Water with Green Thing in it. So! Yes! Eat it! But nobody listens to me!
Instead, if you look at the chart here: With 658 votes, 100% for "male", 0% for female. Out of 1320 users, 97.5% suckers, 2.5% cupcakes. I say: Mass hysteria, advertising-induced, I say!
I still like to spray the scent from time to time. I just have the courage to wear girl's stuff sometimes (so less with clothes now).

Keep well!
It's always..
It is always said that the scent is so sucked out because almost everyone wears it. Well, I almost never smell it strangely on others, although I am on the road every day and have a lot to do with people, so much for that. The perfume is old, the DNA used by many companies, the price is low and and and and...
So what? Take sauvage edt, 1 million, aventus etc... are just as common and still good for one or the other.

For me, cool Water is the innovation for a very pleasing, good scent that is extremely well received by the masses. Cool Water was the innovation for many other good scents of other houses, and until today cool Water is simply still modern and good smelling, after so many years......
Cool Water has done a really good job, and will do the same in the future.

So much for that.
The fragrance itself is very aquatic-fresh and slightly sweetish. It smells like a deep blue ocean that is constantly in motion, but this is subtle and always illuminated by the sun.
Means only day, no night. The scent is so bright and fresh, I can't detect any darkness.

The durability as well as projection is amazingly high. With me it lasts gladly times 8 hours and more... Top!

For me, the fragrance is clearly a fragrance for the daytime. It's never wrong and always right when it simply goes somewhere and wants to smell good without thinking about it for a long time.

It is also a good scent to simply rotate. With my Amouage, Roja, Creed etc. Fragrances you also need a cheap alternative to be able to enjoy the high priced perfumes in their full glory again, if you have applied something completely different before, which is not so complex.
An important point for me :-)
As you can see, cool water is also important for me and will always have a place with me

In that sense, all the best and nice cool water hours :-)
Ocean on trial
Halloes all together ^_^

Today Ick was once again at my perfumery around the corner and I had a taste of both the Cool Water Original and the INTENSE, but I took the INTENSE (more about this soon on the INTENSE Blog).

I still have the scent strip from the original here and try to describe it (I'm not Jeremy ^^) I smell a slight elegance paired with fresh (like freshly showered), at the beginning it looks very obtrusive after mousse, and develops into the freshness as just mentioned, the lavender you can already smell I find, but not as strong as you might think
The price-performance ratio is top, you really can not complain, at my perfumery cost 75 ML around 43 € and I will certainly buy it in the future for cheap money or if times are offers
For me a perfect men's fragrance between 25 - 40 I would estimate roughly, I would wear it for all seasons, and it is also perfect if you want to smell fresh and clean, as if you just got out of the shower.

Thanks for reading :)
Cool follower scent from the 90s
Cool water.
I put it on again today for nostalgic reasons. This brings back memories!
That was my teenage scent in the '90s. At that time one was almost untouchable with it. Manly, tart, irresistible. Whoever had it, had something or had to have something ;-) A fragrance for winning types. Cool as a sailor on the Atlantic. At least as we as 10th graders with Ralph Lauren shirt imagined a cool sailor on the Atlantic Ocean. And the girls liked him, too. Somehow there's something missing, though. #Mature maybe? One could not get along with it so ri(e)chtig, but who was interested in it even then? All that mattered was coolness and getting girls All right, let's get to the sails and get aft.
The Everyday Killer
"Other perfumeries also have nice scents!
...but I don't want... I want Cool Water!

Cool Water is probably the most important fragrance in my repertoire. The shelf life lasts as long as the morning visit to the toilet, after one has courageously put Sambal Oelek on his baked duck the evening before with the Asian.......... I forgive him for that, though!

This is the ideal fragrance to go to the bakery or to go shopping. I use it to feel even fresher after taking a shower while exercising. Then I leave the gym in a good mood and I am surrounded by this perfect mix of neroli and sandalwood.

For the everyday needs you don't need the 100€ perfume, you only need 12 splashes of Cool Water (as the durability is not the bringer ;) ) and you are always well dressed.

He's my everyday killer .... No scent for special moments, but my hero for everyday stuff!
That's all I can do! May the girls also
A cold breeze at stormy tides in Westerheversand, a mild breeze at the harbour of Calla Ratjada, a cozy evening at the beach bar at the Steinhuder Meer - COOL Water really brings the right seafarer flair to the inclined friend of maritime fragrances for every occasion.

I'll only rock him! The durability is unfortunately medium to not at all pronounced, but with 7 splashes in star shape distributed on the upper body, up to 37 minutes can be achieved. All newer variants of the fragrance are also ok but nothing for
Me - I want ONLY the original!! A real Everyday Killer, two splashes and I feel unbridled freshness and desire for life. I want to get out, run and feel the wind in my hair. I see a short, hot affair, a chase with a speedboat and finally a jump from the cliffs from unexpected height into the cold and crystal clear water - COOOOL WATER!!

P.S. When you date girls in their twenties, Cool Water always smells like Daddy and security to them

Dan81Dan81 21 days ago
Fresh cut lawn&lavender; no water association for me.
Still fresh at current standards? Yes
Still modern? No, it is dated but still good
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 57 days ago
Classic MASCULINE shower gel type scent.
Noticable in the first hours.
For daytime, outdoors and warmer weather. Not for high heat.
KLewisKLewis 140 days ago
For me, there is a freshness that is reminiscent of Creed Green Irish Tweed, but with a soapiness that makes me think of Prada L’Homme
AithanAithan 160 days ago
Fresh & Soapy
Perform well abt 4 hrs , then become skin scent
Smell I got from Mom, when 12 yrs old me hug her after she had her shower.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 11 months ago
BLUE inside and outside: fresh and deep at the same time, with an unmistakable aromatic accord, it's perfect mainly in the good season
Carlitos01Carlitos01 14 months ago
Watery accords, lavender and mint notes to give you one of the best fresh openings in the perfume industry. A must have!
KingPinKingPin 16 months ago
If you like things never changing this might be for you. It’s nice, but after all this time I’m bored to death by it.
AttlasAttlas 23 months ago
A very strong (confident) opening. Don't overspray. The opening can be overwhelming indoors. Longevity was disapointing. Still, no regrets!!
BrightstarBrightstar 2 years ago
Fresh and a bit breezy scent. Daily use is recommended, especially on day. One of the signature fragrance for men.

by Zora
by Zora
Es ist unmöglich, zweimal in denselben Fluss zu springen. Auch wenn wir in dieselben Flüsse steigen, fließt immer neues Wasser herbei. (Heraklit)
by Santalwalti
Besteht nicht die Kunst gerade darin, mit den Regentropfen zu hüpfen und seine Kreise zu ziehen, anstatt auf die Sonne zu warten?
by Eigemann
by Eigemann
Zwei zeitlose Klassiker..
by Fraenky
Eine Homage an meine Lieblingsfarbe ... und den Duft natürlich :)
by Fresh21
Warum ich gerne Schilf mag, weiß ich nicht. Vielleicht liegt es an den Geräuschen, wenn der Wind hindurchgleitet, vielleicht liegt es an den wogenden Bewegungen, die von den Halmen ausgehen – es entstehen dabei wunderbare Dinge
by Taw8
by Taw8
Jubiläumsgruß aus dem Multiversum !
by Fresh21
by Thizhy
by R0din
by R0din
by MadameLegras
Ich hatte noch nie Cool Water. ;) Bin zufrieden. ;)
by TomDuft
by Bnd007
by Chilly55
by Chilly55

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff