Cool Water 1988 Eau de Toilette

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt
Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 1988. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Étoiles Silver

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Coriander, Lavender, Mint, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Neroli, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Tobacco, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.04.2021.

Currently actor Scott Eastwood is the face of the advertising campaign. Previously actors Josh Holloway and Paul Walker (†) were faces of the campaign as well.

Serres74
Here I am in his apartment...
...and open the mirror cabinet in the bathroom. Immediately the blue bottle catches my eye...a smile flits across my face. No matter what perfumes I've given to him over the years...Cool Water has always been his. I unscrew the top and this fresh aquatic scent, aromatic from the rosemary and mint, catapults me back to 1989. For his twentieth birthday, I wanted to get him something special, so I diligently saved my allowance and bought him this scent. Back then, Cool Water was what Aventus is to men today.

I sit on the edge of the bathtub and wet my sweater with this scent...I breathe it in deeply. When the top notes dissipate, the lush oak moss takes the stage...paired with the musk and woods, the scent takes on depth and has a calming effect on me...somehow. I sigh. Star Wars probably would have completely passed me by if it hadn't gotten me excited about it. I can still remember him coming home after going to the movies (Return of the Jedi Knights 1983) and him telling me about it. He also had a talent for imitating sounds like the laser cannons or the TIE fighters, which made it all that much more vivid and comforted me over the disappointment of not being allowed into the cinema at the time. Star Trek with Captain Jean Luc Picard we both liked to watch as well. Ben Hur on the other hand I would never have watched but he said that you have to see this great movie at least once...and he was right, the movie is great. I discovered my love of movie tunes through him...I would have otherwise mistaken Morricone for an ice cream flavor...in general, I learned a lot from him...riding a bike without training wheels, painting, drawing, playing the piano (but I was never as good as he was) and he always took the time to take me to the traffic practice area when I was about to get my driver's license.
As I'm reminiscing I have to laugh out loud...my daughter appears around the corner and looks at me questioningly... "oh nothing honey, I was just thinking about how your uncle greeted my first boyfriend with the words "if you break my little sister's heart I'll make it look like an accident". My daughter grins... "he said the same thing to my boyfriend"...we both laugh... "well"...I say and shrug my shoulders... "and who's going to protect us now?"... "oh mom"...my child sits down next to me and takes me in her arms... "I'm sure he has a much better view of us from up there"...

R.I.P big brother...I miss you very much...
DieEineWelle
The king under the waters
Young people today can hardly imagine what was going on back in the 90s when this men's perfume was launched. People always talk about the Aqua Di Gio hype. I was there and it was nothing compared to Davidoff's Cool Water. CK One hype? Also just a lukewarm breeze against the comet impact Davidoff put down with Cool Water. I'm 45 now and I can say that no men's fragrance ever made such an impact in my perception as this fragrance did. No Aventus, no sweet Le Male plürre, nothing. And completely deservedly so.
Everything, but everything about this fragrance meshes perfectly. This fragrance is the Sweet Child o' Mine of men's perfumes. He is perfect!
The scent matches the name, like vice versa, the deep ocean blue bottle, matches both. The advertising was hard to beat for perfect accuracy. Similar to Heaven by Chopard.
The bottle is handy, looks damn good, the lettering is the icing on the cake of perfection.
Or rather, front to back: A masterpiece.
When the fragrance came out, everyone bought it. And I mean everybody had Davidoff Cool Water. And the best thing was, nobody gave a shit. The stuff was so good, you just had to smell it. Cool Water was so good that various shower gel, deodorant and soap companies, immediately brought out a product, which smelled like this fragrance milestone. ...Unfortunately
There is something special about smelling this fragrance. This perfume smells so unique and good, hardly anything beats it. Of course, the scent is now overbroken. It's nothing individual, or new anymore. The scent doesn't blow anyone away anymore, how could it after a whole generation has worn it ad nauseum. ...But still: Once a year I take out this masterpiece and spray myself full of it. Especially in winter, when it's freezing cold, Cool Water really hits the nose. That clear, fresh mint and lavender and cool, sweet aquatic men's scent cloud that surrounds you is just divine. When I wear this scent, I know I smell good. Especially in the winter, I notice the scent on myself in swarms all the time. Something I appreciate in a good scent. There is nothing worse than not noticing your own scent after 5 minutes. This is one of those scents that I wish no one had ever smelled, and then I spray it on myself and start the fucking hype
NightyPbjm
You can have it, but you don't have to.
Davidoff CW - a fragrance that is probably also very polarizing like some other perfumes. Since my childhood I have not found the advertising appealing (and still feel the same at 35). That's probably because I've always associated Davidoff with cigarettes. I always wondered how cigarettes went with perfume. A fallacy par excellence. What the hell... Let's continue. Basically, I can keep it short: I don't like anything about Davidoff CW.
That starts with the Flacon, which has nothing for me what makes him extraordinary. Then it continues with the fragrance itself, this also does not really convince me. He seems almost like already smelled (which is probably so) and stamped for 0-8-15.
As I mentioned before, I'm just not attracted to anything about this perfume. Even the H/S is to be located in the lower average - applied in the morning, was already to the early noon nothing more of it to perceive.
Well okay, a more positive point I have yet: I have already smelled much worse fragrances.

And now I had to write my first comment, because a statement has too few characters. xD
Like father like son
Probably the first fragrance I came into contact with in the arms of Dad. Yes, just as old and timeless is probably this Cool water DNA. But still today the fragrance is for me one of the freshest and cleanest fragrances there is. Fresh, clean, showery, masculine. I think these words describe the word pretty well. Unfortunately, the scent doesn't last too long on me. At the price is a re-spray but no problem.
I use it even often after showering simply as a fresh scent for everyday life. In the office or in T shirt in summer days, he is also always a "cool" alternative. I personally do not know anyone who finds this fragrance annoying.
A fresh masculine fragrance that is suitable for any age category, cheap and timeless with an average shelf life
My expensive bad buy
I had gotten the gift set with the perfume and all-in-one shower gel inside.
Apparently, it's aimed at mice... small is still understated. The only big thing is the price, which reflects the performance as the advertising to Cool Water propagates but not realistic.

When using then another blow: the fragrance is in and of itself a 'better' Axe shower gel, related to its lightness. The toilet smells at me after some time then but too animalistic and somehow 'old' and unwashed. One notices it is for men...

Even individually without shower gel, I would say: Cool Water is an expensive jump into older men's lightly sweaty waters (ie definitively not what the advertising promises) which delivered me in any case not the desired result.
I'm also annoyed that it's not even vegan. So I have forfeited twice: money and ethics.

Davidoff Cool Water EDT
The opening is still lush even if it is over 30 years old. The spearmint, rosemary and lavender is a breath of fresh air. And spearmint is my favourite mint. And with the base of amber, tobacco and cedarwood. Its defined what a great Masculine scent was in the 90s. The only thing is that you have smelt it a million times. But it is still a pleasant smell to me. If someone asks me what a great mint scent this is always the first and only one I think of. Its a great easy chuck on and go. When you don't want to Caine your premium perfumes. It's a timeless classic. Even if your dad did wear it too.
Scent 8/10 Sillage 8/10 longevity 7/10

Is it still good?
Davidoff's cool water. A true classic. Even though it came out in 1988, let me introduce you to this fragrance.

It has a lot of notes in the note breakdown. I'm going to keep it simple. The scent is green-aquatic, mostly green to my nose. It's not that strong. It's fresh, as if you walk on a football pitch on a saturday morning. Even though this fragrance exists for over 30 years, you won't smell dated. It's a timeless fragrance.

I'm young, so I haven't got a clue how strong CW was before the reformulations. My 2020 bottle performs good for a fresh fragrance, especially for that price. I get for about 5 to 6 hours of performance with 1.5 hours of decent projection.

Now we've come to the main question: is CW still good enough?
Yes, I think you could still rock CW. Back in the days everyone was wearing it, but guess what? I wasn't born back then. Nowadays there aren't many guys in their twenties owning CW, at least not where I live. I'm not saying that you're smelling unique when you're wearing CW, but the average man in their twenties in 2021 wears Dior sauvage, Bleu de Chanel, or some other blue fragrance.

I don't think that you're boring if you wear CW. It's a mass pleasing and versitale fragrance. Nowadays you can get it for a really low price.

Davidoff's cool water is still good enough and it will be good enough for another 30 years.

Manix
Good & Cheap (but not cheap!)
Cool Water was one of the first perfumes that I bought myself, still way too overpriced in the all-knowing perfumery chain.
It was summer and I had this one scent in my head (more like in my nose) that was supposed to be THE spring/summer perfume for me. I just didn't know which one. Without much idea what I'm actually looking for, I sniffed through everything possible and first got the wrong one. One from Hugo Boss, whose top note I liked in the store, but the rest not, classic rookie mistake.... But I could remember the Davidoff I also sprayed on my arm, that it was exactly what I was looking for, especially in the heart and base notes. So quickly back and exchanged, for this great praise to Douglas!

The opening smells like pure summer, maybe a bit of sunscreen with some citrus, the heart note goes seamlessly into a green-aquatic note bishin to the aforementioned oak moss, which was just exactly the fragrance I was looking for, without knowing what it is exactly.
The H/S is very good contrary to the other assessment. The oakmoss remains seehr long, even if close to the skin, even after showering I can still easily perceive them. The sillage is quite strong in the first 2 hours, one pulls in any case im a fresh-aquatic fragrance cloud behind him (take 5 spray puffs).
By the way, my father has never used this perfume, so I have no associations in this direction ;).
In short, who likes Aquaten and wants to have a lot of fragrance for extremely little money, should definitely access!
At the price I also use it as a room spray...
Oldschool
Since I am full of hope for the reopening of the gyms waiting thought I ordered me times a soap scent.after a few searches I came across Davidoff Cool Water.convinced me the price of 25 € for 200ml since I go 5 times a week to the gym it is worth it and you have longer what of it.

Then he arrived full of anticipation I unpacked the beautiful bottle and sprayed me what on the wrist and my first impression Wtf I know yet :D I think it is completely impossible for a not to know and yes what can I say he is fresh soapy what I wanted to have.The H+S is ok one takes him was and for the gym he is I think perfect and at such a price you can really do nothing wrong with the fragrance but privately to a date or for the office I would not wear.
Daniel1323
Fresh laundry at a good price
To this classic can not really say anything that has not already been said at some point.
Elegant bottle conveys exactly the aquatic freshness, which also owns the fragrance. Sillage and durability are amximal average, which does not bother here but also further. The fragrance is good at what it does and that shows in its success over the last 30 years. Personally, this smell of detergent is just not good enough for me to get more out of it than an additional freshness kick during sports or after showering. Who this is enough, however, finds that right here at an incredibly good price of 12-15 € per 100 ml.

Arman038Arman038 4 months ago
Everyone has smelled it. Lovely aquatic-green scent. Propper fragrance.
TorkeTorke 6 months ago
A classic.
Fresh, but very played out. Killed by it's own success.
Lavender heavy with a marine touch
VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 7 months ago
Clean fresh perfect dumb reach for summer
TsoTso 7 months ago
Easy grab, every day office fragrance. Easy to like, hard to dislike. No wonder it has been a top seller for decades. Nothing WOW! though.
HugoderricaHugoderrica 9 months ago
5.5
Easy to wear, cheap and simple fragrance. Not mind blowing, you definitely smelt it before, but it always works
Dan81Dan81 11 months ago
Fresh cut lawn&lavender; no water association for me.
Still fresh at current standards? Yes
Still modern? No, it is dated but still good
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 1 year ago
Classic MASCULINE shower gel type scent.
Noticable in the first hours.
For daytime, outdoors and warmer weather. Not for high heat.
KLewisKLewis 1 year ago
For me, there is a freshness that is reminiscent of Creed Green Irish Tweed, but with a soapiness that makes me think of Prada L’Homme
AithanAithan 1 year ago
Fresh & Soapy
Perform well abt 4 hrs , then become skin scent
Smell I got from Mom, when 12 yrs old me hug her after she had her shower.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
BLUE inside and outside: fresh and deep at the same time, with an unmistakable aromatic accord, it's perfect mainly in the good season

by Zora
by Zora
by Eigemann
by Eigemann
Zwei zeitlose Klassiker..
by Fraenky
Eine Homage an meine Lieblingsfarbe ... und den Duft natürlich :)
by Fresh21
by Taw8
by Taw8
by Mustang69
by Mustang69
Ein cooles Rosmarin-Lavendel-Bad ....
by Lavendel18
by Thizhy
by Thizhy
by R0din
by R0din
Ich hatte noch nie Cool Water. ;) Bin zufrieden. ;)
by TomDuft
by Bnd007
by Chilly55
by Chilly55

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff