Cool Water 1988 Eau de Toilette

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt
Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 1988. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Étoiles Silver

OakmossOakmoss
MuskMusk
TobaccoTobacco
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.10.2021.

Currently actor Scott Eastwood is the face of the advertising campaign. Previously actors Josh Holloway and Paul Walker (†) were faces of the campaign as well.

Boring everyday fragrance
You can not go wrong with the fragrance, but that's the problem, to me the fragrance comes across numb and cold, legedlich for the office or other activities where you have to come across very discreet, the fragrance seems to be suitable. To go out an absolute NoGo, say: Stay with this fragrance rather at home
Together through Monday
It's Monday. The alarm's going off. Ok, 10 more minutes... No, not yet... get up.

Coffee, brush teeth, exercise. Then take a shower. Ok, the early day is getting better.

But now: Which fragrance should it be on Monday? In any case, not too sweet, in no way intrusive. Fresh and invigorating, yes it should be at this time.

Cool Water, yes it meets those criteria. The does not annoy me this morning and my colleagues in the office. No quite the opposite: the freshness of this fragrance helps on Mondays, not only me, but also my environment. At least I am firmly convinced that this is so.

So a freshness kick to start the day well and at this price... Can definitely do. In addition, a classic, comes in my experience in all age groups well received.

Yes yes, I like him, the green notes, the mint...

I go through every Monday with this... especially in the summer

Cool water not cool
I recently purchased a lancaster bottle of Davidoff Cool Water expecting great things and the scent is amazing but longevity is poor. 4hrs MAX! Shoulda known better than to expect anything more because it's an aquatic and those types of fragrances don't last long no matter who makes it or when it's launched. Not quite sure why this is but it's definitely a fact. If it's in your future to purchase this item be preparex
Thoughts
My Outlook recently showed me your birthday. I was already on the verge of sending off the greetings, just like every year.

Even though I've known the distinctive, for me rather deep green than blue scent of Davidoff Cool Water for much longer: I've actually only associated it with you for about 15 years now. Whenever you were in the house, you could always smell Cool Water everywhere. In the hallways, you could always smell the intense cloud of green notes, lots of spices and a rich base of musk, oakmoss, amber and a touch of woodiness. Her signature. Over so many years. Since I liked the fragrance very much and also you as a person were an absolutely pleasant contemporary for me, the overdose never actually bothered me with you. Rather with your colleagues with their niche fragrances, which had changed so much after you retired.

While most probably think of their own youth, wild parties or first love when they think of this 1988 classic, I think of one of the most important mentors of my career when I think of this deep, refreshing and, to my nose, absolutely masculine scent. I think of a manager who had his heart in the right place and who intuitively got a lot of the things that some companies are accused of today in terms of management style right back then. I associate Davidoff Cool Water with you just as much as I do your Swabian dialect, which always made you so likeable in a city where it is no longer appropriate for one or two residents to speak Swabian these days.

A true fragrance classic for a great leader and a very special person who I miss dearly.

Oldish Goldish
don't need to blind buy it cuz already you smell it in everywhere :) first note is so different from middle when you spray it in first 5 minutes maybe you disappointed of the smell but after that magic begins but maybe your nose use to it after a while
My youth scent
As a teenager, I essentially wore the first 007 scent and Cool Water, paired with other "Cheapies" I'd been given here and there. After years of my father wearing the famous Davidoff classic (and I still associate the scent with him), it eventually found its way onto my shelf as well. I can't remember at all how many times I repurchased the bottle. I primarily associate the scent of Cool Water with a nostalgic feeling and a fragrance that I never questioned. Until I recently started my "perfumo journey", I must also confess to having worn Cool Water to the office every day. Now that I haven't worn the scent in quite a while, and I've since tried and worn my way through quite a few scents that are among the "good" ones in the community, I'd like to give Cool Water another fair review for what the scent is:

The scent still blows me away when I spray it in the room (probably the nostalgia and familiarity...). The longevity is really more than okay for this type of scent - I could often still detect it myself hours later, and it just made me feel clean and fresh at work. Especially for the price, Cool Water is still a great first perfume for teenagers.

Less is more !!!!!
Beautifull fragrance !!! Reminds me of my childhood when there was more light in this world. Whenever I’m invited to a dinner or Just with friends who are also into fragrances and everybody does his best to smell Great... i overspray cool Water all over my body & nobody can guess the smell ...but everybody says i smell heavenly!

Serres74
Here I am in his apartment...
...and open the mirror cabinet in the bathroom. Immediately the blue bottle catches my eye...a smile flits across my face. No matter what perfumes I've given to him over the years...Cool Water has always been his. I unscrew the top and this fresh aquatic scent, aromatic from the rosemary and mint, catapults me back to 1989. For his twentieth birthday, I wanted to get him something special, so I diligently saved my allowance and bought him this scent. Back then, Cool Water was what Aventus is to men today.

I sit on the edge of the bathtub and wet my sweater with this scent...I breathe it in deeply. When the top notes dissipate, the lush oak moss takes the stage...paired with the musk and woods, the scent takes on depth and has a calming effect on me...somehow. I sigh. Star Wars probably would have completely passed me by if it hadn't gotten me excited about it. I can still remember him coming home after going to the movies (Return of the Jedi Knights 1983) and him telling me about it. He also had a talent for imitating sounds like the laser cannons or the TIE fighters, which made it all that much more vivid and comforted me over the disappointment of not being allowed into the cinema at the time. Star Trek with Captain Jean Luc Picard we both liked to watch as well. Ben Hur on the other hand I would never have watched but he said that you have to see this great movie at least once...and he was right, the movie is great. I discovered my love of movie tunes through him...I would have otherwise mistaken Morricone for an ice cream flavor...in general, I learned a lot from him...riding a bike without training wheels, painting, drawing, playing the piano (but I was never as good as he was) and he always took the time to take me to the traffic practice area when I was about to get my driver's license.
As I'm reminiscing I have to laugh out loud...my daughter appears around the corner and looks at me questioningly... "oh nothing honey, I was just thinking about how your uncle greeted my first boyfriend with the words "if you break my little sister's heart I'll make it look like an accident". My daughter grins... "he said the same thing to my boyfriend"...we both laugh... "well"...I say and shrug my shoulders... "and who's going to protect us now?"... "oh mom"...my child sits down next to me and takes me in her arms... "I'm sure he has a much better view of us from up there"...

R.I.P big brother...I miss you very much...
DieEineWelle
The king under the waters
Young people today can hardly imagine what was going on back in the 90s when this men's perfume was launched. People always talk about the Aqua Di Gio hype. I was there and it was nothing compared to Davidoff's Cool Water. CK One hype? Also just a lukewarm breeze against the comet impact Davidoff put down with Cool Water. I'm 45 now and I can say that no men's fragrance ever made such an impact in my perception as this fragrance did. No Aventus, no sweet Le Male plürre, nothing. And completely deservedly so.
Everything, but everything about this fragrance meshes perfectly. This fragrance is the Sweet Child o' Mine of men's perfumes. He is perfect!
The scent matches the name, like vice versa, the deep ocean blue bottle, matches both. The advertising was hard to beat for perfect accuracy. Similar to Heaven by Chopard.
The bottle is handy, looks damn good, the lettering is the icing on the cake of perfection.
Or rather, front to back: A masterpiece.
When the fragrance came out, everyone bought it. And I mean everybody had Davidoff Cool Water. And the best thing was, nobody gave a shit. The stuff was so good, you just had to smell it. Cool Water was so good that various shower gel, deodorant and soap companies, immediately brought out a product, which smelled like this fragrance milestone. ...Unfortunately
There is something special about smelling this fragrance. This perfume smells so unique and good, hardly anything beats it. Of course, the scent is now overbroken. It's nothing individual, or new anymore. The scent doesn't blow anyone away anymore, how could it after a whole generation has worn it ad nauseum. ...But still: Once a year I take out this masterpiece and spray myself full of it. Especially in winter, when it's freezing cold, Cool Water really hits the nose. That clear, fresh mint and lavender and cool, sweet aquatic men's scent cloud that surrounds you is just divine. When I wear this scent, I know I smell good. Especially in the winter, I notice the scent on myself in swarms all the time. Something I appreciate in a good scent. There is nothing worse than not noticing your own scent after 5 minutes. This is one of those scents that I wish no one had ever smelled, and then I spray it on myself and start the fucking hype
5.5
NightyPbjm
You can have it, but you don't have to.
Davidoff CW - a fragrance that is probably also very polarizing like some other perfumes. Since my childhood I have not found the advertising appealing (and still feel the same at 35). That's probably because I've always associated Davidoff with cigarettes. I always wondered how cigarettes went with perfume. A fallacy par excellence. What the hell... Let's continue. Basically, I can keep it short: I don't like anything about Davidoff CW.
That starts with the Flacon, which has nothing for me what makes him extraordinary. Then it continues with the fragrance itself, this also does not really convince me. He seems almost like already smelled (which is probably so) and stamped for 0-8-15.
As I mentioned before, I'm just not attracted to anything about this perfume. Even the H/S is to be located in the lower average - applied in the morning, was already to the early noon nothing more of it to perceive.
Well okay, a more positive point I have yet: I have already smelled much worse fragrances.

And now I had to write my first comment, because a statement has too few characters. xD

JMWeedJMWeed 11 days ago
Freshly cut grass, not too overpowering to me, which is how I prefer this type of fragrance. Decent value, just too soapy on the dry down.
RamonkuRamonku 2 months ago
It´s a mix of green, flowers and herbs too strong. If you are not keen to fougere fragrances run away
WinandVWinandV 4 months ago
Victim of its own success, but still a solid fragrance I enjoy wearing. I don’t get the aquatic brand image as this is all green & fresh!
StamatiosStamatios 4 months ago
Iconic Davidoff scent fresh,aquatic,green,summery,manlly,classic,but weaker after reformulation.A bit dated but basic.Perfect for beginners.
Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
It explodes on the nose, aquatic and chemical, minty and salty.
TOPTOP 5 months ago
Cool - I remember her boyfriend on a date, nice memories
StaticStatic 6 months ago
One of the best fragrances out there!!
Arman038Arman038 10 months ago
Everyone has smelled it. Lovely aquatic-green scent. Propper fragrance.
TorkeTorke 12 months ago
A classic.
Fresh, but very played out. Killed by it's own success.
Lavender heavy with a marine touch
VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 1 year ago
Clean fresh perfect dumb reach for summer

by Zora
by Zora
by Eigemann
by Eigemann
Zwei zeitlose Klassiker..
by Fraenky
Eine Homage an meine Lieblingsfarbe ... und den Duft natürlich :)
by Fresh21
by Taw8
by Taw8
by Mustang69
by Mustang69
Ein cooles Rosmarin-Lavendel-Bad ....
by Lavendel18
by Thizhy
by Thizhy
by R0din
by R0din
Ich hatte noch nie Cool Water. ;) Bin zufrieden. ;)
by TomDuft
by Bnd007
by Chilly55
by Chilly55

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Cool Water Parfum by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff