Cool Water (1988)Eau de Toilette

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 1988. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by Coty.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Coriander, Lavender, Mint, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Neroli, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Tobacco, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.12.2019.

Currently actor Scott Eastwood is the face of the advertising campaign. Previously actors Josh Holloway and Paul Walker (†) were faces of the campaign as well.

8.0 7.0 6.0 10.0/10

The Everyday Killer
"Other perfumeries also have nice scents!
...but I don't want... I want Cool Water!

Cool Water is probably the most important fragrance in my repertoire. The shelf life lasts as long as the morning visit to the toilet, after one has courageously put Sambal Oelek on his baked duck the evening before with the Asian.......... I forgive him for that, though!

This is the ideal fragrance to go to the bakery or to go shopping. I use it to feel even fresher after taking a shower while exercising. Then I leave the gym in a good mood and I am surrounded by this perfect mix of neroli and sandalwood.

For the everyday needs you don't need the 100€ perfume, you only need 12 splashes of Cool Water (as the durability is not the bringer ;) ) and you are always well dressed.

He's my everyday killer .... No scent for special moments, but my hero for everyday stuff!
10.0 5.0 2.0 10.0/10

That's all I can do! May the girls also
A cold breeze at stormy tides in Westerheversand, a mild breeze at the harbour of Calla Ratjada, a cozy evening at the beach bar at the Steinhuder Meer - COOL Water really brings the right seafarer flair to the inclined friend of maritime fragrances for every occasion.

I'll only rock him! The durability is unfortunately medium to not at all pronounced, but with 7 splashes in star shape distributed on the upper body, up to 37 minutes can be achieved. All newer variants of the fragrance are also ok but nothing for
Me - I want ONLY the original!! A real Everyday Killer, two splashes and I feel unbridled freshness and desire for life. I want to get out, run and feel the wind in my hair. I see a short, hot affair, a chase with a speedboat and finally a jump from the cliffs from unexpected height into the cold and crystal clear water - COOOOL WATER!!

P.S. When you date girls in their twenties, Cool Water always smells like Daddy and security to them
6.0 4.0 5.0 6.5/10

The Cool Waters Zeitgeist
Our dear Mantus has already described the differences between the current and the older version in detail below. I'd like to be brief here, because there were some things that didn't fit into the statement box.

I compared a vintage miniature with the old Davidoff lettering and a sample produced 5 years ago according to the batch code. Well, so it's not really a comparison with the "current" version. But there are still big differences.

The vintage version is much spicier than the current version. Whether it's rosemary or coriander, I don't know. But it looks almost a bit oriental, because it has a certain bitter sweetness and also appears a bit warm. The spicy note makes this all look very distinctive. In addition, there are fresh, tart and green notes, which are, however, rather calmer and give the spice considerably more space.
In comparison, the vintage version also looks much less soap-aquatic. Actually, almost not!
A certain synthetics is also present, but not necessarily too artificial, but rather rough and blurry. I often think I perceive it that way with lavender notes.
After an hour, the spicy notes are slightly dimmed, but still there. More woody tones also appear afterwards. At the latest from the heart note, the vintage version comes only a little closer to the current version. So the DNA is present in both, even if less than expected. In the end it gets a little woodier and warmer. Nevertheless I searched in vain for aquatic tones, because...it's called Cool Water.

The current version, on the other hand, clearly shows aquatic features. But there is no spicy note at all and the green notes are more hidden than in the vintage version. A subtle sweetness cannot be ignored with the current version. While the old version is more striking, the current version seems looser to me. Nevertheless, I find that both versions suit almost all age groups well.
One could almost think when comparing that the new version is a different fragrance, since a soapy note clearly dominates here. The whole thing combined with aquatic notes, but I never had to think about shower gel. Had rather "wet" associations.
The soapy note looks a little dry/woody. Like the soap I used when I was a kid when I thought it was poop.
The synthetic note is also present here. A little stronger, but not disturbing. And then it ends all at once, as if there were no base note.

The current version lasted me about 5 hours, with a very close Sillage. Only up to the second hour one can be perceived a little and afterwards it is quasi a skin smell. (Sill.: 4-5)
The vintage version lasted a little longer: 7-8 hours, although I found the Sillage a little better. (Sill.: 5)

In summary, I can say that the old version for me is a spicy-freshly distinctive fragrance, while the current version is rather soapy-freshly-aquatic.
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

BACK FOR GOOD ... ;)
I realize that this is the 98th comment on COOL WATER and the title may be a bit too bold (clickbait!), but I finally have to pay this fragrance the respect it deserves.

I used to love him hot, but later I ignored him shamefully for many years. And that only because he became probably the most violent mainstreamer of all men's fragrances and thus for me the epitome of the banal and boring. Besides gingerbread and chocolate lice, it was and still is pretty much the first thing that lights up blue from all shop windows.

A few months ago I came across a sample pack from one of the fragrance suppliers I trust, GREEN IRISH TWEED from CREED. After a first short stranger I quickly became very fond of him. Finally a fresh smell that I liked and I neither headaches nor nose itching caused.

Then I realized that the perfumer behind GREEN IRISH TWEED - Pierre Bourdon - had also created COOL WATER. So I decided to give the old mainstreamer another chance, got me recently - after almost 25 years - again one of the actually very simple and tastefully designed flacons and it came how it had to come:
I was thrilled!
The beautiful fresh DNA of GIT is clearly also in CW, only that its raw and pithy character has been trimmed for something more charming and mass compatible.
At the same time, it was like a surprising reunion with an old friend and, in an "olfactory-analytical" way, a whole new acquaintance. What an ingenious perfume has gone and gone year after year for Christmas, Father's Day and other occasions in incredible quantities over the counter ...

I have both of them now and don't want to miss either of them anymore. GIT is great when you need a really persistent freshness for tougher days - CW takes care of the rest in a very unagitated and yet pleasantly invigorating way.

It was a very good decision to bring COOL WATER back into my collection ... there he may now gladly beiben forever.

PS: And if I like it a little more refined, then Molecule 02 is used for layering.
Whoever has the chance: Try it! "Ladies Reactions" pre-programmed ;)
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

My first afterthought fragrance
Until the fall of communism my father gave me Brut 33 or Denim Original. In GDR times already quite neat. And inexpensive. In 1990 I afforded Cool Water. I was on vacation from Erdgastrasse in Russia, visiting my parents in Dresden. With the bags full of money, because you made a lot of money on the track. The first perfumery in Dresden had just opened in what was then the Zentrum department store. And I struck mercilessly. For 49,99 DM each I bought 2 times AS and 2 times EdT and gave a set to my dad for the party. For me, the fragrance is a milestone. It heralded an era of fresh men's fragrances and was copied countless times. I took this fragrance until 1994, when my wife became pregnant and had to vomit every time I applied it. Now 25 years later I met the bottles again in the on-board shop of Aida. 125ml for 19,99 €. So I bought another set of AS and EdT. Since I am still married to the same woman, I hoped that her stomach would not rebel so long after pregnancy. You're lucky. She can take it, and I smell like I'm in my mid-20s again

Great, fresh fragrance
With this perfume classic I associate some beautiful moments and also some people. This classic fragrance was launched on the market in 1988 and has certainly been used by many people ever since. Since I first saw the light of day in the mid-nineties, I cannot comment on the hype in the early nineties. Nevertheless, even at the beginning of the 21st century I was able to sniff the scent more often in everyday life. A very special person wore only this fragrance and therefore this fragrance naturally also stands for this person. My biological father. He didn't have much to do with mush and he is also a tidy person who is very practical. One of those men you would never associate with perfume, at least not with heavy, sweet or oriental scents you might find in southern countries or playboys. Nevertheless, he was enthusiastic about this fresh fragrance, the smell of which would perhaps not be classified directly as perfumed, but as fresh and well-groomed. I still remember exactly how wonderfully fresh and green it smelled in the morning in the house, when the father sprayed 2 splashes of it on his neck after the morning shower. Wow, even as a little boy, this mixture beguiled me. I longingly marvelled at the great blue bottle when my father had already left the house to get to his job. From time to time I also snatch a sprayer from myself and was afraid that someone would notice that I had used this precious water. What a waste of a little boy! I always had the idea that this perfume had to cost a lot, but I gave my father this little luxury. After all, it was his money. It was only later that I learned that Cool Water wasn't that expensive and all the worries I had been worried about were in vain.
The bottle is also a feast for the eyes. Dark blue and simple and the simple imprint "Cool Water" makes the perfume also usable for real guys. Anyway, I collected all the empty bottles from my father and built small towers with them. Or I built little pyramids with them and tried to destroy them with my pea gun. Oh, what wonderful memories are coming up. When I was about fourteen years old, there was a very special present under the Christmas tree. Already on the packaging I could discover a small pendant on which my mother lovingly wrote "Merry Christmas". Oh, the anticipation I felt. Should it really be my dearly beloved Cool Water from Davidoff that was in it? Should this ring in my adult life? I'd only used curd soap before, watched children's movies and never even smoked. I opened the box and couldn't believe my eyes. A dark blue bottle shone at me and put a smile on my face. I just couldn't believe it. I, the 15-year-old boy, had been trusted to wear a real men's perfume. Tears flowed down my face and I struggled for breath. I assured my family that from this Christmas I would behave like an adult and that I would continue to wear Cool Water worthily in this generation of the family. For the next few weeks I already imagined how my classmates would smell me enviously and how women would be bewitched by this scent. And that's how it happened. The Cool Water accompanies me to this day and it is the only fragrance I wear. My signature scent. I know it will seem too old-fashioned to many, but I don't think you can smell it that often anymore. In the beginning you smell a lot of lavender and very fresh. After that, it gets a little woodier, but it stays fresh all the time. You feel freshly showered. My father still uses this scent.
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Babidi
An everyday classic for the man.
Davidoff Cool Water... as a young at heart in my early 30s, it never occurred to me to try this fragrance. Somehow I always associated the name with something old-fashioned. But when I saw this blue bottle standing in my uncle's bathroom some time ago, I immediately remembered its smell. "So that's what Cool Water smells like?!"

The fragrance is fresh and light on the one hand, but on the base it has this woody/spicy, slightly mossy base, which gives it this typical masculinity.
Exactly this combination makes him in my opinion this great all-rounder. Whether young or old, from spring to autumn - for an active man actually always the right thing when it comes to an everyday fragrance.
Also the durability and Sillage play this everyday card for me. Not too little, not too much.

This scent has been perceived subconsciously at one time or another, but in my immediate surroundings I rarely smell it. That's why he found his way into my own collection.

In the end, I am happy to have rediscovered this classic fragrance for myself and I am sure that it will still be used more often after my test week.
7.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

GirlofNow
A great classic that is worth its money!
I've raked this perfume so many times before:) I've always liked it somehow, I especially love this scent in summertime:))))))))) (I think you can wear it all year round but in summertime it is much more interesting for my nose;)) A good friend of mine always wore it especially in summertime, every time we hugged I could smell the scent and I admit I don't get enough of it*-*. However I was today again in the beautiful perfumery and already with the purely going the smell was strongly smellable in the perfumery. The perfumery was also extremely full today, a lot of young men wore it, when I walked by I could smell strong. All were very busy testing:) Then I went to the department of the men fragrances to be able to test the fragrance myself exactly and in peace. Please don't be angry with me if I don't describe the fragrance as well and exactly as you smell or know it. Personally I find it a little bit difficult to describe the fragrance myself because it is already a very special fragrance as I think.

The scent:
The mint notes were very present when I sprayed them on, you could smell them all over the fragrance, which I personally think is mega because they give the fragrance a certain masculinity and a lot of freshness. Jasmine gave the fragrance a certain depth so that you can wear it well in winter. Tobacco was not too strong for my nose but also not too weakly perceptible which I actually find so much more pleasant:)))) The remaining notes were not very perceptible to my nose but unfortunately I don't know exactly what to say but it is a very aquatic scent that has a nice depth. The fragrance is not expensive either, I think it smells better in parts (now that's my opinion!) than the Tom Ford fragrances! I stick to my opinion even if now many here will hate me for it but the fragrance is and remains one of the best men fragrances! There should simply be no men's perfume collection missing;))) I've also often read that many here think that the scent should smell synthetic which I don't find at all! H+S is extremely good partial also better than other expensive fragrances :)
7.0 9.0 8.0 9.5/10

THE BLUE
A new Davidoff. After the slightly overpowering Zino, I was a little skeptical.

Beautiful blue bottle!

A test - that's fresh and fulfils the promise the bottle makes!

It's a little artificial, but portable. Mainly fresh-aquatic, with small additions in other fragrances. The course is very linear, there are no surprises towards the drydown. The scent is very honest. It really has everything that makes a good, fresh and interesting fragrance.

The moon pulled on my wallet, and the tide went out. The next ATM was a bit far away and I didn't want to write an EC check (who still knows it).

It was heading towards autumn and 1984 by Davidoff seemed more portable for that time. So I set priorities and carried the 1984 out of business. But Cool Water was planned for the next visit at the Türkisen and for the next spring.

But a train ride put an end to this.
I shared the compartment with two Cool Water straps. A cloud of scent enveloped the compartment. The conversation between the two was very 'flat' (for interested people who don't know what to do with the term 'Platt'): Loud, obtrusive, primitive language, women were reduced to appearances!). I only had to endure them from Hamburg to Hannover, but at that time that was still 1 ½ hours.

I combined this experience forever with Cool Water.

This fragrance has never found its way home to me.

Cool Water is still on the market today and that is certainly justified.
Unfortunately, he's not only on his way, he's already been sold off.

Too bad for this great scent, which two Heinis in the train have given me.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Beginner
Smells as fresh as his advertising
Davidoff Cool Water, I remember that commercial with Josh Holloway. A hot summer's day, the sun glows from the sky, everyone is looking for cooling. He goes to the coast and jumps over a cliff into the cool sea water. And that's how Cool Water smells
Fresh, aquatic, wet. You can literally feel the freshness. A perfect daily companion for work, leisure and sport. It's also damn cheap to have, so you don't have to save money and you can add more if you want to.

The only thing that disturbs is the strange chemical top note, which disappears after a few minutes, so it is not worth mentioning. The durability and Sillage are appropriate for an EdT. Full recommendation from me!

Flaconesse
The origin of all freshness
For me, Cool Water is the absolute classic, the epitome of the fresh, aquatic men's fragrance, the Fougère monster with which all other newcomers have to compete. The scent of lavender combines with an arctic sea breeze and sweeps over moss-covered hills.

Here a somewhat different comment: a generation-spanning and deeply (auto)biographical characterization of its bearers:

Carrier number one, my grandfather. A handsome, prudent man of his mark civil servant of the city of Frankfurt am Main in the higher service. During the summer holidays I was always allowed to spend a week with my grandparent. They lived in a 60s bungalow with a large garden. I was considered my grandfather's favourite because I seemed to have a calm character similar to his. We often sat in the garden all day playing cards and understanding each other without words. Or we went on the greatest excursions, visited castles and palaces, amusement parks, swimming pools. As long as I can remember, he used Cool Water. The bright blue bottle stood on the shelf next to my grandma's perfume. Sometimes, when I wasn't in a great hurry in the bathroom, I reverently took the flashy blue bottle from the console and inhaled the fragrance deeply. Even then I was fascinated by this deep freshness.

Carrier number two, my first friend. A few years later, I was 14 years old, I met my first boyfriend: pimply 15. We sat on the playground until half past three at night, chatting and feeling so grown-up. There followed kitschy Diddl cards with even more kitschy love vows, endless phone calls, wet kisses. We were incredibly in love. The "relationship" lasted seven weeks. He wore Cool Water to all our meetings. He had certainly stolen the bottle from his father and had not dieselled himself in too close with it. My perfume collection, which had grown to almost 100 miniatures at that time, also housed the small blue bottle and so in all my longing for it I also scented several cuddly toys.

Carrier number 3: The mother of my former best friend. When I was 18, I had a girlfriend who I spent a lot of time with. Since at that time I was moved into a cramped apartment with my other grandparents, I enjoyed all the comforts that their terraced house with garden offered. Her mother, we had a rather two late relationship, because she was afraid that I would secretly seduce her daughter, who could never meet a man and get on the "wrong track", liked to use Cool Water. She worked for a big airline, got out of the house smartly every day, but at home she often couldn't get out of her bed for days, my girlfriend ordered around from there, while the unwashed dishes piled up in the kitchen.

Carrier number 4: My uncle. The free spirit in my family, social worker, musician, polyamor. First of all my mother was in a relationship with my uncle, who liked to have one or the other relationship twice. Much to my mother's displeasure. She fished for his younger brother. He "inherited" his father's perfume. As the years went by, he got tamer, even got married. He still makes music, the brothers got along again.

Whether grandfather, in love youngster, bossy mother, free spirit, I have never found Cool Water unsuitable for anybody. Cuddly toys outside front.

It is like the mossy rock in the surf, although it only appeared in 1988 and is therefore a classic of modern times, it has always been there in my olfactory universe and I am curious to see which carriers I can get to know in the future.

10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Helena1411
It's not only clothes that make people
On my way to university - it's been a few years - my nose picks up the weather. Between all the crowds of people, male and female, and fragrance mixtures, a fragrance has crept into my nose: Davidoff Cool Water. And causes me to follow the fragrance line, to deviate from my straight and busy path to the front door and start zigzagging through the crowd, always tigering the weather in my nose: fresh, cool, aquatic, a bit woody and thoroughly masculine. An olfactory seduction, so to speak.
Meanwhile the way is the goal and I have to make a strange impression on my snake course through the other university aspirants. Shortly before the entrance door the scent increases, makes me look up promisingly...to see a stocky little man in front of me, with a wreath of hair and an accountant's briefcase, stocked feet in beige sandals and a shrew-like face. In short: Not quite my bag scheme with mid 20.
But the scent... I took another deep breath and then turned away to go to my lecture with the thought in mind: it's not only clothes that make people.
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

World class water
Cool Water is in my opinion a fragrance that should not be missing in any collection. A men's collection is not complete if there is no CW from Davidoff in it. In the 90s CW was a mega hit. Like today Aventus or early 2000 Aqua di Gio. At a young age, we used it to diesel ourselves from top to bottom. This stuff is too good. Fresh and minty, paired with a cool, but not so intrusive sweetness. A fragrance with a very good shelf life and Sillage and that at a really very reasonable price. You can wear it all year round and also play it in the club. Young or old, both go. With Davidoff's Cool Water, you stand out. You get noticed when you walk past people. He's also very masculine. It's not a clean man Azzaro Chrome I like very much, but he lacks some masculinity. CW has a bit of an impetuous swell. It is slightly rougher than other fresh fragrances of this kind. It's clean, but very exciting at the same time. Crome for example is clean but not so erotic before the skin does qas with it. Cool Water transports the subliminal masculinity at the same time. I have it on today and smell it myself almost the whole day, which I cannot say about many other scents. I also smell CW very rarely in others, which is a reason for me to put on a scent more often. I don't want to smell like Hans and Franz and even if CW is cheap by now hardly anyone smells like that.
I take the Creed dna, for example, was in town more often than this one. I think Davidoff could also take 120, 00 € for 100 ml and it would just underline the fragrance in its valence bond uniqueness. There's nothing that smells like this, except maybe Aspen for Man which is a copy that lacks some roughness when sniffed more closely, but otherwise a very good dupe. For me Cool Water is a timeless world class fragrance that proves good taste and for which you still get compliments.
The sprayer is good and I find the bottle very beautiful in its presentation. Above all, it lies very well in the hand. I like slim bottles because they're handier. I hope you don't like the comment, then I'll stay one of the few who still wear it ;D
7.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Future, Present & Past
September 2018: My Past I have exactly one single perfume with about 5ml remaining. Never purchasing a perfume myself, but always receiving it as a gift, I set out in search of a new and above all my first 'own' perfume. Naive and unsuspecting I browse through the vastness of the internet to get advice from various YouTube experts and tip sites. Of course, to go to Faul to the local D and to expose yourself to the air, in which 1000 smells are mixed, and to go home again with headaches, one prefers to look at the webstore. You yourself simply want a low-cost Saubermann fragrance. Of course, the bottle must not be too big either, because I like variety and don't always want to be reminded that I have to consume 100ml before I can put something else in the cupboard. So it's all very pragmatic.
While scrolling this "Cool Water" suddenly appears, of which a well-known Jeremy has pointed out to me during my online consultation that this is a cheap alternative to Creed's Green Irish Tweed. But somehow the name looks familiar to me... Mhm, well, a fresh aquatic scent for relatively little money. If I don't like him, I'll send him back. Choose size: 75ml, should do. AGB confirm and off for it. Then everything went pretty fast. After two days, the package was there. Quickly unpacked sniffed at the atomizer and already there get light emotional flashbacks, like an army veteran has them from Vietnam. In contrast to the brave soldiers, my nostalgic feelings are not marked by a post-traumatic stress disorder and the most important thing of all: they are positive! Just one or two sprays on the back of the hand and close your eyes again and inhale the scent.
Zack! An indescribable feeling captures and takes me back about 15 years to my childhood. I can only think of one word to describe that feeling: Nostalgia.
Did my father wear it before? No, he's not really wearing perfume. My already deceased grandfather? He died when elementary school started. I might. Of course, I could also know it from the small lottery shop run by an older couple, where perfumes, after-shaves and tobacco were also available. Whenever my mother was about to buy new cigarettes, I was allowed to fill out a scratch card in the shop. Every Saturday. I have no idea when, where or from whom I smelled that scent. I only know that he is very very familiar to me and gives all those memories when writing this comment.

I can't get enough of this smell. This is not only because I associate it with positive 'memories', but also because I find the fragrance simply fantastic. But now I have a day scent. Don't I also need a night or date scent then? And so it began, my passion for perfume. Four months and nine fragrances (more in my "collection") later I write my first comment on this website, which I used until about two months ago only for purchase advice and Duftwikipedia. I will not go into the fragrance of the perfume in more detail below, as many others have done so before me. I won't advise you to do what I did then. If you are interested in a fragrance, you should have smelled it yourself before purchasing it. With many scents this is often not possible, because they are not in the assortment of the 08/15 dealer. This is not the case. The fragrance is a classic and can be tested in (almost) every perfumery. I spent four months working intensively on the subject and can say that you shouldn't put all the opinions that are expressed here (or at other perfume communities) about many fragrances on the gold scale. I'm certainly not an expert, but you don't have to be to be able to say that you should always trust your own nose and tastes are quite different.

In this sense, I just wanted to share my thoughts, feelings, my fresh entry into the world of perfume and some suggestions. I don't know how many more scents will be added to my collection. There won't be many of them anymore, because I want to keep the overview and use my scents fairly. There are fragrances that are good, but I will not buy them again. Accordingly, my collection will always be in flux. But despite this uncertainty I can say one thing: Davidoff's Cool Water will always be with me and accompany me in my past, present and future collection!
(I would be very happy about comments and remarks to this text)
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Fresh21
Hurray for the reformulation !
Huh? What's that supposed to mean? ...to understand that, we better start at the beginning: If I remember correctly, Cool Water was my very first perfume right after its launch, which i.Ü. proves to be not 21 anymore, as a perfume erroneously concluded from my username ( nevertheless thank you very much for the flowers ;-)

Back then this fragrance was really so different, so hip! Unfortunately, every second person wore it. Anyway, so did I... This stuff had to be simple, I had to have it. And so this was somehow a violent fragrance entrance for a young guy, with a never before seen Aqua-Wummser.

But as great as his severely undercooled, almost piercingly clear BlueGreen VIBE was, I always felt this new fragrance DNA a bit too much for me. That's why I was always torn: On the one hand so super, so clean, so deep and gaaaanz different, but on the other hand also a little too different! ... The years passed, I remained divided, and the desire for other fragrances made me increasingly lose sight of the blue aquatics, which I then no longer bought. Thus Cool Water remained unnoticed for more than two decades ...

But when I created my profile on Parfumo in February of this year and clicked on the earlier fragrances in the Hatte I collection, this cool CW feeling immediately went to my head again, but also the memory: "that was the one with this extraordinary over-the-top note, better leave it alone" ... On the other hand Cool Water had so many beautiful fragrances ... Shit, again this ambivalence, and already I was on my way to the miller. Arriving there I immediately took a long breath in joyful expectation of being able to deepen this CW-boost-like. But what was that? The deep green-blue ocean had obviously ebbed into a turquoise lagoon. Where was the previous "is it too strong, you're too weak" effect?

Gone! -r-e-f-o-r-m-u-l-i-e-r-t- and only mainstream? No doubt about it. But it couldn't have been that, could it?! As I now had to find out, I was probably still a little behind the Ur-Cool Water. Do what, then? To make a long story short: Green Irish Tweed was too expensive for nostalgic fun, and I ended up at Étoiles Silver, a very distinctive twin fragrance(?). When he finally arrived at my place, I immediately noticed: "Yes, there it is again, that mega-fresh, crystal clear aqua note with which Cool Water landed the worldwide surprise hit back then. So I had found in Étoiles Silver a great counterpart that came pretty close to my former favorite.

All's well?

Not quite yet ... because in fact it seemed to become a never ending story with both of us: Already after 1-2 months of Étoiles Silver the effect of that time caught up with me again: Too much of a good thing !

What?

"Rin inne Kartoffeln, rausse Kartoffeln", as they say here, or is this indecision a sign of an unsteady personality? No, no, this is still only about perfume ;-) and then I come to the last act. Because as it is in life, some things return to you again and again, until they finally become right for you ... That's why I finally found out in a new attempt of extensive tests that today's Cool Water is probably exactly as I had always wished, namely with throttled cooling water performance ;-)

Therefore I end here with the nearly unique final sentence, which might have certainly large rarity value, but actually once on a smell applies - at least for me:

Hurray for the reformulation !

Edit for the Ur-Cool-Water fans: see the tip in the side story [my Étoiles Silver Kommis]

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

It grows on you!
At first I loathed Cool Water. Shrug, what kind of chemical broth is that? Quickly get out of the perfumery and find a public toilet to flush the stuff. Somehow smells like cleaning cupboard.

Last year I got a dubious gift - one of these well known Cool Water gift boxes with EdT and shower gel. "Oh, fuck," I thought to myself. Bravely I sprayed a splash on my wrist in the presence of my patron and thanked myself politely as it should be. This time there was no chance to disappear, so I had to wait on my wrist with Mr. Proper in scented water. After 30 minutes, I had almost forgotten the scent in the meantime in the hustle and bustle, I unexpectedly took a pleasant fresh scent was. Which one of my guests smells so good? Oh, wait a minute, that's me! But that could be it? As it turned out, behind the stabbing top note there is indeed a decent perfume. You have to give Cool Water a little time to unfold its true nature, then it turns out to be a fresh, pleasant, sporty scent. I was a little ashamed that I thought so badly about this established classic all these years.

In addition, there is the extremely affordable price, which naturally makes me especially happy as a Swabian.

Cool Water - give him time!
8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

The epitome of freshness
Timeless and the epitome of freshness.
I remember the first commercial spot from the 80s. And I still associate the scent with it today. When it comes to conveying freshness and feeling fresh, Cool Water is always my first choice.

Evergreen
I first came into contact with this fragrance in 1990. I was infected from the beginning and I still wear it today. Although it is a synthetic fragrance, it radiates freedom, adventure, wilderness and nature better than most natural fragrances. I'm not the type to break down and define a perfume by its ingredients. What counts for me is the overall impression and here it is perfect for me. I'm not interested in what you can taste out of a wine, as long as it works and this perfume works. One more, the other less.
6.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Men, it's summertime!
This one is my best friend's favourite fragrance in the hot season. Me too I like it more than the version for women.
It's a well balanced fresh-aromatic-watery fragrance with an unusual flowery heart very kind and pleasant.
You spray it and you feel immediately a sensation of freshness on your skin . The longevity isn't bad for a summer scent and the price isn't too high. I recommend it as daily fragrance in the hot season.

Farneon
Fanta 4 feat. Cool Water ... an almost impossible comparison! ;-)
For years I took what I had bought myself: Ultraviolet Man, Allure Homme Sport, Terre d'Hermès, Xeryus Rouge and Bulgari Pour Homme Extrème. With this station wagon I drove perfectly, carefree ... past her. I guess I flew up a bit, unlied ... until a few things came to an end after all. So I looked around and after a while I registered. Because somehow I thought: There must be more. And in fact I came across highly rated fragrance giants that I didn't know or just heard about, because so far I've been running through this world ... without discovering anything new! Everything that kicked me, of which I never got enough, I (currently) prefer to let it be, because I feel ... two split! ;-)

The Fantastischen Vier found each other in the same year when Cool Water came onto the market: 1988. Now their 30th stage anniversary is coming up and I decided to buy a fragrance that marked a milestone in the perfume world, just as German Hip Hop would hardly be conceivable without Fanta 4. I'm not really into mainstream, but I like to acknowledge musical and olfactory high performance also thanks to more mature synapses! :-) To this day I like both and to this day both "products" have been successful on the market ... for which there are of course excellent reasons!

There would be this extremely high recognition value, just like the sympathy for a phenomenon suitable for the masses, to which one simply cannot be angry that so many contemporaries have survived. I hadn't seen Fanta 4 or Cool Water on screen like that, so the band released a new album and I came across a favourite from times long gone. Free according to the motto "I liked the old things, not the new ones" from the song "Popular"! :-)

And so I, "Oldschool" as I am, land at the end of the 80's, beginning of the 90's, and I realize: "And we will become brothers with the day at the sea!" If I can still hear, I can still smell! Cool Water, you are almost "too horny for this world!" and so I just want to say "Thank you!" at the end ;-)

Jazzy76 158 days ago
BLUE inside and outside: fresh and deep at the same time, with an unmistakable aromatic accord, it's perfect mainly in the good season+1
6.0
Carlitos01 8 months ago
Watery accords, lavender and mint notes to give you one of the best fresh openings in the perfume industry. A must have!+5
KingPin 10 months ago
If you like things never changing this might be for you. It’s nice, but after all this time I’m bored to death by it.
5.0
6.0
Attlas 18 months ago
A very strong (confident) opening. Don't overspray. The opening can be overwhelming indoors. Longevity was disapointing. Still, no regrets!!+1
5.0
Brightstar 22 months ago
Fresh and a bit breezy scent. Daily use is recommended, especially on day. One of the signature fragrance for men.+2
10.0
9.0

by Zora
by Zora
Es ist unmöglich, zweimal in denselben Fluss zu springen. Auch wenn wir in dieselben Flüsse steigen, fließt immer neues Wasser herbei. (Heraklit)
by Santalwalti
Besteht nicht die Kunst gerade darin, mit den Regentropfen zu hüpfen und seine Kreise zu ziehen, anstatt auf die Sonne zu warten?
by Santalwalti
Zwei zeitlose Klassiker..
by Fraenky
Eine Homage an meine Lieblingsfarbe ... und den Duft natürlich :)
by Fresh21
Jubiläumsgruß aus dem Multiversum !
by Fresh21
by Thizhy
by R0din
by R0din
by MadameLegras
Ich hatte noch nie Cool Water. ;) Bin zufrieden. ;)
by TomDuft
by Bnd007
by Chilly55
by Chilly55

Popular Davidoff

Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Woman by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Champion (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff The Game (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Run Wild by Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence by Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Champion Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff