Cool Water Intense 2019

Cool Water Intense by Davidoff
Cool Water Intense is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesGreen mandarin orangeGreen mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut waterCoconut water
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber

Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 18.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Christian Hogue.

GeorgeReid
Intense? Maybe. Different? Definitely!
The original Davidoff Cool Water is a classic fragrance from the 1980s, and one of the first fragrances that I received.

Naturally, I went and tried Cool Water Intense (CW: I).

----

The most important point is that unless someone is familiar with the fragrances involving Annick Mercado (Responsible for CW: I, was part of the Acqua Di Gio team, and the nose behind Dior’s Hypnotic Poison, etc.), and Pierre Bourdon (Responsible for CW: Green Irish Tweed, Montblanc’s Individuel, etc.), the differences between CW and CW: I will come as a surprise.

To be direct, CW and CW: I are VASTLY different as flankers. The only thing similar about them is that both fragrances work best in the summer, and both are affordable for anyone on a budget.

However, I did the homework, and have this recommendation.

If you are looking for a smoky summer fragrance that is light, subtle, and fresh, that gives hints of maturity, I suggest going with the original Cool Water.

However, if you want a summer fragrance that is energetic, sweet, and unapologetic, Cool Water Intense is worth your consideration.

----

For the actual fragrance itself, artisans will be disappointed as there are only three notes in Cool Water Intense. The opening of this fragrance is like an orange, but the heart note of coconut and the base note of amber quickly overtake the fragrance profile quickly. However, despite the lack of complexity and the signs of a synthetic smell, it is a fantastic fragrance that is both sweet and fresh.

While most consider it a masculine fragrance, I believe that Cool Water Intense is more of a unisex fragrance that women can wear reasonably well.

----

Performance-wise, Cool Water Intense is superb. It has above-average sillage and projection. It will not announce your presence as you enter the room like a superstar, but heads will turn as you walk past people.

For longevity, CW: I lasts about 10-12 hours and should get you through most of the day. That is above the expected performance for a warm-weather EdP.

----

Davidoff Cool Water Intense is an excellent fragrance in all social situations. It does okay in the office or at the gym as a scent that will not attract too much negative attention.

However, CW: I truly shines when used as a fragrance for leisure. The fragrance absolutely pairs well with a jeans and a t-shirt vibe, going to the beach and sipping on tropical drinks, going out to dinner with friends, or on a date with a lively lady.

----

Overall, Cool Water Intense holds its own as a fragrance that differs completely from the original Cool Water.

While this aspect will disappoint people looking for a stronger version of Cool Water, Cool Water Intense is a solid change of pace for people looking for a vibrant summer fragrance.
Coconut Water Tangerine
In my eyes, the fragrance is discreetly underestimated, of course, this is not the most natural fragrance in the world, but who expects that at the price is also to blame. It starts with a coconut water-tangerine combination, quite fresh, quite interesting and for me at the time (I bought it at 16) irresistible. Was my signature scent for 2 years, complimented a lot, a few friends wanted to repurchase it, at the store I helped out at the time, 4! Employees wanted to repurchase this fragrance, so for people without extensive perfume knowledge, this is a very solid fragrance. In the back it becomes sweeter and fruity, the sillage and durability are very good on my skin, 7 hours are no problem, thus for me at that time also for evenings and first club experiences the perfect universal tool. My friends I have not told what this is for a perfume, because I think that since everyone should look for what own, because we do not all have to smell the same, would be boring at some point. Since I am older now and my taste is developing in a different direction, I gave this fragrance to my younger brother, who likes it a lot and receives numerous compliments with it. So I would recommend this fragrance mainly to people between 14-20, for me a very good teen and club fragrance, just like Eros, only I like this one a lot more than Eros, we don't even need to talk about Invictus and One Million here, I won't understand how anyone can even consider these fragrances nowadays. The quality is good for the price, the bottle is safe in the hand and the atomizer is better than in some much more expensive fragrances äähm Tom Ford äähm, sure, the lid is made of plastic, but holds solid dran and who expects full metal and glass here, which must now reach deeper into the pocket :)

Bubblegum Coconut
Beautiful summer time fragrance!

Smells like a Mandarin bubblegum that turn into a sweet coconut.

Longevity is 8-10h
Projects for the first 2-3h

a very good bang for your buck and could be a perfect signature scent if you're into sweet and fresh fragrances!

Synthetic coconut broth
This fragrance I had to wash off again, which is really rare for me. As has been described here by others, it has virtually nothing in common with the normal Cool Water. In the opening still quite fresh, the sweetness is still within the framework. After 5 minutes, the freshness decreases significantly and a nauseatingly sweet, extremely synthetic coconut note emerges, like a sugary coconut chewing gum, so to speak. High headache factor. The smell reminds me of Montblanc Legend Spirit (which is supposed to be an imitation of Invictus Aqua, which I've never smelled myself), but even more synthetic and much sweeter. And that's saying something, because the Montblac already smells pretty synthetic.

The original Cool Water I quite like, but the Intense is to run away.
Bigloeffel
The disciples have grown older..
Back in the 90s, I was also one of the many self-confessed Cool Water disciples. For me, this new, fresh, blue aqua fragrance was an absolute sensation. He was therefore of course gladly and often worn by me and there was hardly anyone at that time, whether man or woman, who did not love this fragrance somehow. But as is often the case with popular fragrances, at some point almost everyone smelled it, because of course there was also a Cool Water for the ladies. So I got tired of the fragrance and after emptying several bottles I switched to other fragrance families. Most of the aquatic fragrances that saw the light of day after the legendary Cool Water were either too sweet for me, or had far too weak a performance or durability. When trying out the numerous new releases that hit the market after the Cool-Water era, I always had the feeling that most of the waters of this fragrance family somehow all smelled the same anyway. With Cool-Water Intense, however, I have now finally found an aquatic that can absolutely carry me away again.

The creators of Cool-Water Intense have succeeded in creating an extremely wearable and uncomplicated composition. Without being a mere copy of the original Cool Water, but its origin is still not to be misjudged. One has the feeling that Cool-Water has become more mature and mature by concentrating on only three fragrances, is no longer quite so playful, has evolved and moved with the times, without forgetting its origins. Like a mature person who has grown older, this fragrance has lost some of its former freshness and effervescence, but has become more uncomplicated and distinctive, perhaps also a little more adapted and no longer quite so youthfully cool, but without having lost its carefree lightness. As if one has met an old friend from the youth after quite a few years again, who has grown up, but has retained his sunny disposition over the years.

Cool-Water Intense is an extremely successful, modern development with outstanding performance and durability, which stands out thanks to the reflection on its roots, clearly from the modern blue mishmash. It is simply a pleasure to have this fragrance on you. Every former Cool Water disciple should try this great fragrance in any case.
Smells somehow like vacation
In the search for a new everyday summer fragrance, I became aware of this fragrance through Jeremy. Since I'm not a big fan of the classic Cool Water, I was a little skeptical, but the first spray has convinced me immediately.
The scent is sweet and fruity fresh. Has for me little in common with the original and really lasts a long time. Individual fragrances I can badly describe, he just somehow reminds me of vacation and also comes everywhere well :-D Ideal for everyday use in the summer. And for a super price :-)
It's about time...
...that Davidoff once again throws something "ingenious" on the market. I must say that I use the orginal Cool Water since my 14th year of life regularly, so for 31 years. That the Intenseversion is different, I knew thanks to successful comments on this platform in advance. That it's great for my taste, I now know since today, because Hermes actually managed to deliver it today, laugh. About the scent: the Cool Water DNA is there for me as a lover of the original, which is probably due to the amber. Unfortunately you have to say goodbye to the triumphant aquatic of the original, but here you have the sillage and longevity again that the "original" had in the beginning before the reformulations. This one is sweeter and fruitier. I don't notice much of the coconut water. For me, amber and green manderine tell the tale. The latter also wants to be special according to a note on the packaging listed in 5 languages. I quote: "Davidoff reinterprets for the first time the freshness of Cool Water with an ethically sourced ingredient: green manderine. The citrus fruit was hand-picked by a community in Val de Cai, Brazil, as part of a sustainable sourcing partnership overseen by the perfumer." Well, that's marketing now, but it doesn't change the fact that this fruit gives this "new" Cool Water that certain something. From the coconut water I perceive only marginally something. I dare to say that Davidoff succeeded in topping the original Cool Water in uniqueness, but lost freshness because of the amber. The latter is not to be misunderstood. Cool Water Intense is fresh, but differently fresh, better fresh, for my genetic taste. I'm about to order another 125ml. I must add that I am grateful that I got 125ml for 30 Euros, but I find it a cheek and at the same time a pity that so little attention is paid to such a fragrance creation. Better you can not make "fruity sweet freshness". Thank you Davidoff, Chapeau!
Coco in cold water
Short and crisp,

Do you want to smell like coconut diluted in ice cold water and an unripe tangerine? Just simple but the best "I come out of the shower and smell like sea and beach and clean man" fragrance in the world ☺️
Durability Extremely Good for a Frischen duft, 8 hours about.
Sillgae also very very good.
Price just ridiculous, 30 euros for 125 ml.

Conclusion: it does not have to be a lot of money to smell clean and Beachi.

He is so good that I pack him easily on a level of dolce gabana light blue intense.
If you can not decide for the summer, even have little money, BUY THE BLIND BOY!!! ?

ScentSlave
They should’ve named it “Island Water”
I’m going to agree with those that say this doesn’t quite fit in the “family” of the one it’s flanking... I like the scent, but everyone knows that I like the sweet fragrances.

This one becomes kind of floral as it develops... it reminds my wife and I of a Hawaiian flower named Pua Keni Keni... A very nice, very sweet, and pungent aroma. It does have a “tropical” feeling, especially in the opening. It starts with a softer feeling citrus, and as it develops I can feel the coconut WATER, and it’s a different scent than most expect... as it develops it slides out of the citrus/coconut and into the tropical flowery scent that I’m noticing.

Performance wise, it lives up to the hype it’s getting online. Projection is LOUD (an easy 4+ foot radius), and sillage lingers for a LONG time... it lasts over 8 hours easily, so you get the bang for the bucks you spend. It’s all about if you like the sweeter stuff, and if you don’t mind how different from its “fragrance family” it turns out to be.

For me? It was $40 for 100ml. I’m 100% satisfied.
Davidoff`s Amber Coconut Wedding
Would not have thought that amber and coconut can be merged so well with each other.
Am about it really surprised and at the same time a little excited.
The fragrance is SIMPLE but also times what OTHER! Clearly there are with security better fragrances but these are then also just not affordable for everyone, that should not be disregarded in today's time perhaps.
Conclusion:
Davidoff Cool Water Intense is not at all a more intense version of the original, but still very well done. When applying one immediately perceives the amber note mixed with coconut water. Green mandarin I have never smelled, but think that it is responsible for the fresh part in the fragrance. The scent is quite linear and changes only a little, which is not surprising with the few ingredients and this fragrance does not bother at all, or is a disadvantage. Furthermore, the shelf life is bombastic, you come with a few sprays easily over the day.

You can expect a sweetish, long-lasting perfect everyday fragrance that can be worn all year round. Maybe but nothing for very young men, would say from 30+.
Blind purchase suitable? Sure, at the price you can not go wrong.

AkuninAkunin 1 month ago
Great chipie , beast mode , imho You cant go wrong with this one .
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 months ago
Blue with a creamy coconut vibe. Good longevity fantastic for the money.
RobbieXRobbieX 2 months ago
A pleasant mandarin with coconut and some vanilla. I like this
GeorgeReidGeorgeReid 3 months ago
Don't expect a similar smell to the original EDT.
That said, it smells fruity and fresh, and does extremely well in the summer.
VinScentVinScent 4 months ago
Very little coconut. Lots of ambroxan gives it a surprising Versace Eros vibe. Stays on clothes but does not project long. Disappointing!
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
coconutty orange with sweet ambroxan. Somewhat screechy, definetly synthetic and annoying. Doesn't work for me
Hoban27Hoban27 9 months ago
smells like axe body spray but in the air maybe it smells different i guess i need some time to like it. I hope so
ElysiumElysium 9 months ago
Fusion d'Issey and Guess 1981 Indigo for Men, that's the vibe. Mineral coconut, neither a flanker nor a spin-off.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
1st thoughts- I'm not a big fan of this so doubt I'll be keeping my bottle,I can see how many would like this though. A simple orange-amber.
SavaSava 2 years ago
Horribly synthetic..similar to one Axe body spray can't remember which one.Performance is good

by Micha1984
by Gumschel
by Subflash
by Subflash

Popular by Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Cool Water Parfum by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Relax (After Shave) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Intense for Her by Davidoff