Cool Water Intense 2019

Cool Water Intense by Davidoff
Cool Water Intense is a new perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesGreen mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut water
Base Notes Base NotesAmber

Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 28.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Christian Hogue.

Razvanyke
Well done Annick - cheers, Davidoff !
Dear perfume lovers,

what a surprise this perfume it is ! I saw a good offer for it and started to check what it is about. Luckily, Douglas sent me a sample of it with one of my orders and I gave it a slight spray yesterday evening around 22.00.

I got a strong Eros + Sauvage EdT opening and a smile on my face, like .. what is this magical liquid? Then, I see people saying that it is long lasting .. well, it is! After one very light spray from the tester yesterday at 10PM, now at 11.00 AM it is a skin scent but it is noticeable .. wow.

I ordered a 75ML bottle to add to the collection from Amazon with a discount, it is too good and I am really happy that I discovered it. So sporty and youthful like a Sauvage + Eros but not so annoying like the Dior to my nose, maybe from the pepper.

I do not see much similarity with the Cool Water EdT and I do not mind, this can be a good scent for someone without a huge budget for perfumes but really picky with the quality.

Annick Ménardo knows her craft!
Harrock
Tropical Island in a bottle..
One more thing : Cool Water intense has not much to do with the original Cool Water !
You could have called it Coconut Water but more about that later .
The Original Cool Water is a classic and smells like a fresh sea breeze.
Intense is completely different ... it has a touch of the Cool Water DNA in it but is trumped by a lot of coconut ... A sweet coconut note that never goes away and never changes throughout the day ...
if you say "no way" I can understand that but try not to see it as an intensified version of Cool Water but rather as something of your own To me, Intense smells like a tropical island. White beach, blue water and a Pina Colada... i think it's clear that this was never meant to be Cool Water intense but something new but they decided to market it under the name of Cool Water...
Who can ignore all this and is on a sweet tropical coconut scent gets what offered
The durability and projection is outstanding ! This thing is really "intense" ! It lasts the whole day and projects pretty extreme so better spray less on it and test it first .
You can fill a whole room without any problems ! And that even several hours after spraying!

Best Release mid 2020
This fragrance does not get its due recognition and that is so not fair. It is so cool and fresh, a bit like sitting in an airconditioned room on a hot day. Do not listen to the naysayers go ahead and get it and you wont regret. I am sincerely not a fan of the original though i love Green Irish Tweed but this is fantastic. Coming from a Dior Sauvage lover.
The fragrance from paradise
Davidoff Cool Water Intense Eau de Parfum (EdP) lets you discover the seductive freshness of the sea. Davidoff Intense has the freshness of Cool Water and extends the irresistible scent with the green tangerine. The sensual scent unfolds with summery notes of coconut water and the sensuality of the amber accord to create an addictive Eau de Parfum Intense. The ultimate call for freshness, hedonism and seduction gives you the perfect summer feeling wherever you are. The leap into the cool, fragrant citrus fruit and light coconut scent on your skin gives you the pure beach feeling.
The fragrance also lasts an incredible 9-12h and is really well received.
Finally a strong, long-lasting and yet not intrusive summer scent!!
MichaNase
No cool water, no coconut Fresh fruity and seductive sweetness!
Introduction 1: The inclined reader of these lines may first allow me an introduction to the coconut. This tropical fruit from the coconut palm (cocos nucifera) is processed, among other things, into two completely different food products: Coconut milk and coconut water. A whipped coconut that you drink has coconut water in it (oh, I would love to go on a holiday to Thailand again...). A refreshing, slightly salty tasting liquid that has almost no similarity with the other coconut products. Coconut milk is a liquid pureed from water and coconut pulp, which is then strained and has a fat content of about 15% and is mainly used for cooking. The pulp contains the coconut aroma that some people like and others hate.

Introduction 2: Many commentators complain that the Cool Water Intense is not a strong version of Cool Water. Which then led to disappointments and low ratings. So: Please do not assume that it is a typical Cool Water. By the way, it is not an untypical Cool Water, but an independent scent, which is also rated by me in this case.

So, now further in the text:
The fragrances are said to be green tangerine, coconut water and amber. TLTG from YouTube says it directly: "the three notes do not make a lot sense to me". Not for me either. I would not know what a green tangerine smells like. A lot of reviewers are talking something about... "yes, the coconut rounds off the fragrance", although I don't know if this is just my imagination and people would have even noticed the smell of coconut without the hint of coconut water, especially since we are talking about coconut water that only smells very, very mildly of coconut, as shown above. I compared CWI directly with Le Beau in the Turquoise. In contrast, Le Beau is a sweet bomber, which directly conjures up a Pina Colada with pineapple and coconut.
Some also compared CWI to Eros. Two different scents, but both of them appear fresh-sweet, have extreme projection and durability and actually aim in the same direction, but then end up somewhere else.

Cool Water Intense looks more mature and above all it has a different sweetness in the Drydown, which stands out from the other Sillage monsters. The sweetness is seductive and pleasant and blew me away immediately, I stuck with this scent during the whole testing. I also like to smell CWI on myself and the good thing about it is that it causes little odour blindness. With its strength, it is also suitable for parties or evenings and is not worn by many people. During the day he always goes with his summery mood. If the fragrance had its own name and good advertisers, it would have many more fans. So it stays... MY SCHAAATZ!

TLDR: independent scent, also for coconut hater, which has an independent sexy sweetness in the keynote compared to the other Sillagebombers
Caribbean Cool Water
Actually, I had ordered a bottle as a gift, but now I prefer to keep it myself and give away Montblanc Explorer instead, which is a bit less suited to me.

The first experience with Cool Water Intense, the first spray, was intense and left me a little speechless at first: Does it smell good or not? I vacillated between "wow" and "yuck / too crass".
The scent pyramid is quite simple, but it is coherent: When sprayed, it smells intense, slightly sweet, juicy and room filling like tangerine. When the top note settles, really fresh coconut water is added (without bringing additional sweetness). I think it also smells slightly of ripe cantaloupe melon, but maybe this is just a random nuance of tangerine.
A very unusual and courageous combination, in which the classic Cool Water DNA with its aquatic character also swings along quite discreetly. Fortunately, the amber ensures that the fragrance brings something round and gentle and at the same time a little depth. And that for an incredibly long time!

Wow or yuck? I've made up my mind: WOW!
I think Davidoff has made a great success here, and the fragrance will certainly find many friends.
He is not necessarily super masculine, but sufficiently mature to wear him without unwanted reactions not only in a white suit on a Caribbean beach, but also in a sunny German city. Probably some ladies could also wear it well.

Above-average potency and durability (skin approx. 10-12 hours, textile 1-2 days), a (initially) very strong projection and a good silage make the fragrance a real recommendation in terms of price!

Kirgo61
Great scent with the very dissappointing performance.
You all know that novadays it's very hard to find a great scent with good performance that is not niche. I bought this after reading all the reviewes saying that this is one of the best performing releases of 2019. Well first impression was very good, opening is citrusy and very strong, but after a 5 minutes citruses are gone and you get sweet, warm and creamy version of Versace Eros which I adore. It's not a very creative scent but mass appealing and it could be a complement getter but nobody ever smelled this from me because after half to one hour it become a skin scent. I asked a lot of people if they can smell this frag from me and everybody said no. Many people complain about poor performance in Zara fragnances but scents like Gourmand Leather or Rich Warm Addictive are beasts compared to this one. There is only two explanations of that. There is some batch inconstanties or it has been already reformulated. I'm dissapointed. (Batch from 2020).

tl;dr Great scent with very very bad performance.
For the next generation
It was not long ago, when I was with my girlfriend again in the city with the aim to buy clothes. It was a beautiful summer day in July and we walked from shop to shop to buy some more nice clothes for the Croatia holiday. In the course of the shopping tour we passed the miller and I saw in the shop window a poster of Davidoff advertising the new Cool Water Intense. Curious as I am, of course I had to find out immediately what it was all about. So we went inside and went to the shelf where it was standing. I had no great expectations and was firmly convinced that it was a more intense version of the original. So I put it on the test strip and took a full nose. The first thing that came to my mind was holiday, sun, sea and umbrella drink on the beach. After that followed a short goose bump, which I only have with scents that flash and appeal to me 100%. This one is so horny I thought and passed it on to my girlfriend. She smelled and said at the same time, you had to get it, it smells prono! So first the 40ml grabbed and off to the checkout and paid. When we arrived at home I had to test it of course. My girlfriend told me that the whole flat smells of me. Wicked...and that with only 2 sprayers! I am still totally thrilled how potent and radiant this scent is. The durability 12h+ and the Sillage are for a fragrance that costs just 20€ just intense. There are scents that cost three or four times that and don't last even a fraction of the time like this. This is already impressively done, and for me the best price-performance ratio in the perfume world at the moment. The fragrance itself starts citric fresh, with a slight sweetness that is not at all obtrusive. After a short time, coconut and amber join in, giving the fragrance a slightly sweet creamy texture. This has nothing to do with the original, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I think that this Cool Water is meant for the new generation and it was not The goal was to establish an Intense version of a worn-out classic. Here, only the name and the design was taken over to save costs... Anyway, this fragrance is more than successful and I count it among my absolute favorites.
Cool Water Wave
The Cool Water wave is grabbing me so gradually :-). Not only the perfume, but also shower gel and deodorant are in my possession. It is simply a nice overall package, which you will find in vain with many Nichen brands.
Just great.....
Also still relevant to mention is this mostly natural freshness without the synthetics taking the upper hand like Sauvage etc....

Let's get to the scent

It opens a huge explosion of orange/mandarinas that is extremely fresh and fruity. It smells so real that you could bite into it mentally. After 10-30 minutes more and more coconut joins in, but not sweet coconut, but fresh and watery, simply delicious. This remains the same, only that in the end the amber of synthetic origin comes more to the fore. But all in all a very successful composition and the harmony is also on a very high level.

Picture: Big mighty ocean, deep blue, on the beach coconuts and oranges are consumed, this mixes then in the ocean.
In the end, it becomes darker and calmer, the ocean is calmly guided by the starry sky.

Unlike his older brother, I can see a certain darkness and depth in the end.

The fragrance is perfect for spring and summer, as its effervescence and freshness can put you in a good mood and make you feel like you're on holiday. Due to its strong presence and durability it is also suitable for autumn. For the winter but too fresh.

Just like his older colleague, he is very versatile, as this scent DNA is simply very pleasing. Top, Top, Top

The durability, the naturalness, the pleasantness for the price is simply amazingly good.

Not to be despised is the recognition value. It's high....

Cool Water is gradually becoming more popular and more pleasing to wear for me.

Where others wear Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel and Co, I wear COOL WATER. :-)))

Leporello
This damn shareholder value...
This will be a very difficult comment as I am not at all sure whether I should demonize this fragrance or wear it with pleasure. Whatever Zino Davidoff SA may have thought of during one of its last "department head" talks in the perfume division, to put a "young" brother at the side of the great classic, it must have been related to the greed for money. Now it came as it should, you take the name, myth and reputation of a classic fragrance, you don't even change the design, and you get a fragrance out of it, well, it's extremely difficult to grasp. Cool Water is and remains a great fragrance, a classic for good reason and certainly the "cash cow" at Davidoff. Some resourceful guy must have thought "let's make a New Testament and jump on the Intense-Hype" and the idea was born. I believe that Davidoff consciously uses the nimbus of the classic here and tries to appeal to curiosity (mine too). It worked! So it happened that I recently discovered Cool Water Intense while strolling through the city (the first path always leads to my regular perfumery). Testing? You bet! In the end, curiosity always wins out and our noses are tested and can withstand many an odeur. So put it on the back of your hand and collect impressions. Impressions? What impressions? Looking at the fragrance pyramid today, it is clear to me why and how the impression (one cannot speak of impressions at all) remained rather one-dimensional. But this is where the "Casus Belli" comes in. It's not supposed to be, but the "stuff" smells damn good on my skin and not even that chemical. Have I arrived mentally and olfactorically in the mainstream? I, who love to play Bach, Chopin and Liszt on my concert grand piano? It can't be!

Now enough of self-doubt. What's Davidoff doing banging our noses around here? Well, I would say a great, if one-dimensional cocktail, and quite naturally. Cool Water Intense opens with a wonderfully sweet and tangy freshness, with the impression of a canonade of all kinds of orange and mandarin notes (I also find slight hints of Arancia di Capri from Acqua di Parma). At the same time, after about ten minutes, a very successful coconut note is added, not a bounty effect or a sweet girl shower gel nightmare, but the feeling of freshly whipped coconuts. But it also means that the coconut note is not exuberant, but really rather fresh and watery, just like the coconut water from the same nut. Skilfully done by Mrs Menardo. Coconut and men is always one thing. This is a backfire, personally it happened to me with Virgin Island Water from Creed (I still get cavities thinking about it today). Here at Cool Water Intense it's really just a very light note, which after a little more than an hour with the amber notes goes around the whole thing, leaving a one-dimensional and very durable fragrance impression. Essentially to the point with the words fresh and warm orange notes meet freshly opened coconut on warm sand. Nevertheless, I like the scent very much on me, because fortunately it is not penetrating and I like to smell it on me. For the spring, it's certainly a great option when things get casual, when instead of Bach and Liszt there's more desire for Eric Clapton, The Beatles or good humour pop.

DPArtistDPArtist 5 hours ago
1st thoughts- I'm not a big fan of this so doubt I'll be keeping my bottle,I can see how many would like this though. A simple orange-amber.
NuuNuu 48 days ago
not the best Opening, very synthetic
later in the drydown its a nice scent with a great longevity and sillage.
for the price, a good one
SavaSava 10 months ago
Horribly synthetic..similar to one Axe body spray can't remember which one.Performance is good

Der wird von vielen in die Ecke gequatscht...:-)
by Micha1984
by Mörfi
by Gumschel
by Gumschel

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff