Cool Water Intense 2019

Cool Water Intense by Davidoff
Cool Water Intense is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesGreen mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut water
Base Notes Base NotesAmber

Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 13.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Christian Hogue.

5.5
Roadrunner
One of those blind buys...
..which I almost regretted if my father hadn't liked him so much.
Actually hard to believe that only 3 ingredients should be in here. That makes it honestly not easier for me but much more difficult to filter out what bothers me so much about the fragrance.

I ordered it blindly because I totally love the original and thought that the Intense version must go at least in the same direction, but far from it. The comrade here has absolutely nothing more to do with the original and in every conceivable way. Alright, I can see that. The bottle is the same except for the color. The Intense bottle is held a little darker.

However, that's about it. You could have taken the opportunity here and market it under a different name, but then not so many people like me would have come to buy the fragrance because they loved the original so.

I can honestly contribute little to the fragrance, as it is far too intense for me and actually just annoys me all day and scratches my nose from the inside. Hard to believe that here is no Ambroxan in it, because otherwise that is the culprit that drives me crazy. My father, however, liked the scent immediately and was more than surprised by the durability. The colleague makes his name namely all honor. The fragrance holds and holds and holds ...

In some comments I read something about Tropical Island ect. Maybe he was made exactly for that? You spray yourself with it, fly off on holiday, the plane crashes and you land on a desert island. Except for the clothes on your body and the scent around your neck, everything is submerged in the sea. Depending on how fast the rescuers find you... oh all we that. Joking aside :)

For the money, if you like the scent, you get a super lasting scent that a lot of people will like and should be worth every penny. I have long thought about whether I should write such a negative comment at all, but if you always only comment on the fragrances that you like super and only love hymns written, the whole picture here on Parfumo would be represented quite distorted. Then you could also read through the mostly wonderful product descriptions on the manufacturers' hompages. :)

In this olfactory sense.
- Roadrunner
Smells very different from Cool Water
I thought it was the stubborn version of the eau de toilette but instead it's a completely different perfume On the skin, I noticed that it is very fruity and reminds me a bit of Casharels Amour Amour, and the fresh note of Mandarin feels and reminds me a bit of the versace Red Dreamer.
Price Performance Top Landstopping also top
Soe
If Cool Water was a Pokemon...

it would have evolved into Cool Water Intense after a long training period. I loved the old Cool Water and really held on to it for a long time. As it often is, the manufacturers came up with the hip idea to reformulate the old Cool Water In short, even I couldn't hold on to it anymore. The DNA was old and musty and somehow it smelled like the stupid ex-girlfriend's dad.

Unnoticed by me, however, Davidoff has achieved a stroke of genius. You take the Cool Water DNA, trim it to 2019 and grow it so high that you can write Intense on it. You add a little coconut and hope that the old fans will bite.

I took the bait and I wasn't disappointed. It smells of a new cool water, of sea, beach and good mood. The durability on my skin is incredible. But you have to be careful not to spray too much. For me a successful comeback and level UP!

DPArtist
Decent, modern and versatile but no landmark release this time.
It's been a while since my last review and for some reason I've decided to write about a fragrance which didn't really move me too much (indeed not enough to keep hold of my bottle) but at the same time I still think it's a solid release by Davidoff.

I don't 'really' want to get into the whole 'it's just not Cool Water is it?' debate as I can see both sides of the argument, but I shall do just briefly! Cool Water Intense could be seen as a re-imagining, a versatile masculine scent modernised for today's perfumery styles (and tastes), or it could be looked at as an error of judgement by the brand when it should really have been given a standalone release. Well, I've got to say, I can understand why the brand chose to stick with the ever popular, numerous flanker spawning CW, which is almost a brand unto itself as this move guaranteed them a lot of interest. Seeing as they didn't give it another flanker name (as with Wave, Deep, Night Dive, Summer and so on) I believe they wanted it to be like a modern interpretation of CW, a popular men's designer scent to appeal to a large new audience, a new generation. They were surely not trying to reinvent men's perfumery here but simply put out a new Cool Water to appeal to fans of the modern so-called 'blue fragrances' as well as the sweeter accents in masculine scents these days.

Well, having owned and experienced CWI I think the brand succeeded in their mission, despite some fans of the original EDT being left scratching their heads somewhat and frankly disappointed. This is a solid fragrance which really doesn't do the Cool Water name a disservice, just that it is a completely different scent which surely won't leave such an impressive legacy as it's grandaddy did in the 1980s.

I really liked the first instants of the opening blast, a sunny, citric brightness which alas almost immediately vanishes just as an extremely familiar (over-familiar?) sweet fruitiness comes into play. I didn't smell any coconut but as some folk have pointed out, it's the coconut water which is listed as a note here and that no doubt gives this a different spin on things. There are surely more than the three listed notes but at the same time CWI does come across as a remarkably simple fragrance, it is a nice one though! A very appealing fruity, amber concoction, extremely likeable with both a freshness and warmth to it. Only after wearing it for a day I realised it reminded quite a lot of the fairly recent L'Homme Rochas, though to my nose that one has a brighter citrus opening and more prominent cardamom, they do dry down to be quite similar.

I would've probably kept this had I bought it a year ago but I'm being very strict with myself these days, only keeping hold of scents which either immediately win me over or I feel might grow on me more. As decent as CWI is, it just didn't wow me and kind of lacked originality (being very subjective here!). I also think it has a lot of competition for the type of scent it is but I recommend trying it out for sure. This could be a solid pick for those just starting out in this hobby or someone seeking a simple, fairly sweet, modern, versatile, people pleaser (no harsh citrus or aquatic touches here!) with good longevity.

Scent (subjective rating) 6.75
Scent (objective rating) 7.5

Razvanyke
Well done Annick - cheers, Davidoff !
Dear perfume lovers,

what a surprise this perfume it is ! I saw a good offer for it and started to check what it is about. Luckily, Douglas sent me a sample of it with one of my orders and I gave it a slight spray yesterday evening around 22.00.

I got a strong Eros + Sauvage EdT opening and a smile on my face, like .. what is this magical liquid? Then, I see people saying that it is long lasting .. well, it is! After one very light spray from the tester yesterday at 10PM, now at 11.00 AM it is a skin scent but it is noticeable .. wow.

I ordered a 75ML bottle to add to the collection from Amazon with a discount, it is too good and I am really happy that I discovered it. So sporty and youthful like a Sauvage + Eros but not so annoying like the Dior to my nose, maybe from the pepper.

I do not see much similarity with the Cool Water EdT and I do not mind, this can be a good scent for someone without a huge budget for perfumes but really picky with the quality.

Annick Ménardo knows her craft!
Harrock
Tropical Island in a bottle..
One more thing : Cool Water intense has not much to do with the original Cool Water !
You could have called it Coconut Water but more about that later .
The Original Cool Water is a classic and smells like a fresh sea breeze.
Intense is completely different ... it has a touch of the Cool Water DNA in it but is trumped by a lot of coconut ... A sweet coconut note that never goes away and never changes throughout the day ...
if you say "no way" I can understand that but try not to see it as an intensified version of Cool Water but rather as something of your own To me, Intense smells like a tropical island. White beach, blue water and a Pina Colada... i think it's clear that this was never meant to be Cool Water intense but something new but they decided to market it under the name of Cool Water...
Who can ignore all this and is on a sweet tropical coconut scent gets what offered
The durability and projection is outstanding ! This thing is really "intense" ! It lasts the whole day and projects pretty extreme so better spray less on it and test it first .
You can fill a whole room without any problems ! And that even several hours after spraying!

Best Release mid 2020
This fragrance does not get its due recognition and that is so not fair. It is so cool and fresh, a bit like sitting in an airconditioned room on a hot day. Do not listen to the naysayers go ahead and get it and you wont regret. I am sincerely not a fan of the original though i love Green Irish Tweed but this is fantastic. Coming from a Dior Sauvage lover.
The fragrance from paradise
Davidoff Cool Water Intense Eau de Parfum (EdP) lets you discover the seductive freshness of the sea. Davidoff Intense has the freshness of Cool Water and extends the irresistible scent with the green tangerine. The sensual scent unfolds with summery notes of coconut water and the sensuality of the amber accord to create an addictive Eau de Parfum Intense. The ultimate call for freshness, hedonism and seduction gives you the perfect summer feeling wherever you are. The leap into the cool, fragrant citrus fruit and light coconut scent on your skin gives you the pure beach feeling.
The fragrance also lasts an incredible 9-12h and is really well received.
Finally a strong, long-lasting and yet not intrusive summer scent!!
MichaNase
No cool water, no coconut Fresh fruity and seductive sweetness!
Introduction 1: The inclined reader of these lines may first allow me an introduction to the coconut. This tropical fruit from the coconut palm (cocos nucifera) is processed, among other things, into two completely different food products: Coconut milk and coconut water. A whipped coconut that you drink has coconut water in it (oh, I would love to go on a holiday to Thailand again...). A refreshing, slightly salty tasting liquid that has almost no similarity with the other coconut products. Coconut milk is a liquid pureed from water and coconut pulp, which is then strained and has a fat content of about 15% and is mainly used for cooking. The pulp contains the coconut aroma that some people like and others hate.

Introduction 2: Many commentators complain that the Cool Water Intense is not a strong version of Cool Water. Which then led to disappointments and low ratings. So: Please do not assume that it is a typical Cool Water. By the way, it is not an untypical Cool Water, but an independent scent, which is also rated by me in this case.

So, now further in the text:
The fragrances are said to be green tangerine, coconut water and amber. TLTG from YouTube says it directly: "the three notes do not make a lot sense to me". Not for me either. I would not know what a green tangerine smells like. A lot of reviewers are talking something about... "yes, the coconut rounds off the fragrance", although I don't know if this is just my imagination and people would have even noticed the smell of coconut without the hint of coconut water, especially since we are talking about coconut water that only smells very, very mildly of coconut, as shown above. I compared CWI directly with Le Beau in the Turquoise. In contrast, Le Beau is a sweet bomber, which directly conjures up a Pina Colada with pineapple and coconut.
Some also compared CWI to Eros. Two different scents, but both of them appear fresh-sweet, have extreme projection and durability and actually aim in the same direction, but then end up somewhere else.

Cool Water Intense looks more mature and above all it has a different sweetness in the Drydown, which stands out from the other Sillage monsters. The sweetness is seductive and pleasant and blew me away immediately, I stuck with this scent during the whole testing. I also like to smell CWI on myself and the good thing about it is that it causes little odour blindness. With its strength, it is also suitable for parties or evenings and is not worn by many people. During the day he always goes with his summery mood. If the fragrance had its own name and good advertisers, it would have many more fans. So it stays... MY SCHAAATZ!

TLDR: independent scent, also for coconut hater, which has an independent sexy sweetness in the keynote compared to the other Sillagebombers
Caribbean Cool Water
Actually, I had ordered a bottle as a gift, but now I prefer to keep it myself and give away Montblanc Explorer instead, which is a bit less suited to me.

The first experience with Cool Water Intense, the first spray, was intense and left me a little speechless at first: Does it smell good or not? I vacillated between "wow" and "yuck / too crass".
The scent pyramid is quite simple, but it is coherent: When sprayed, it smells intense, slightly sweet, juicy and room filling like tangerine. When the top note settles, really fresh coconut water is added (without bringing additional sweetness). I think it also smells slightly of ripe cantaloupe melon, but maybe this is just a random nuance of tangerine.
A very unusual and courageous combination, in which the classic Cool Water DNA with its aquatic character also swings along quite discreetly. Fortunately, the amber ensures that the fragrance brings something round and gentle and at the same time a little depth. And that for an incredibly long time!

Wow or yuck? I've made up my mind: WOW!
I think Davidoff has made a great success here, and the fragrance will certainly find many friends.
He is not necessarily super masculine, but sufficiently mature to wear him without unwanted reactions not only in a white suit on a Caribbean beach, but also in a sunny German city. Probably some ladies could also wear it well.

Above-average potency and durability (skin approx. 10-12 hours, textile 1-2 days), a (initially) very strong projection and a good silage make the fragrance a real recommendation in terms of price!

DPArtistDPArtist 3 months ago
1st thoughts- I'm not a big fan of this so doubt I'll be keeping my bottle,I can see how many would like this though. A simple orange-amber.
SavaSava 1 year ago
Horribly synthetic..similar to one Axe body spray can't remember which one.Performance is good

by Micha1984
by Mörfi
by Gumschel
by Gumschel

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff