Cool Water Intense 2019

Cool Water Intense by Davidoff
Cool Water Intense is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesGreen mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut water
Base Notes Base NotesAmber

Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 17.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Christian Hogue.

Synthetic coconut broth
This fragrance I had to wash off again, which is really rare for me. As has been described here by others, it has virtually nothing in common with the normal Cool Water. In the opening still quite fresh, the sweetness is still within the framework. After 5 minutes, the freshness decreases significantly and a nauseatingly sweet, extremely synthetic coconut note emerges, like a sugary coconut chewing gum, so to speak. High headache factor. The smell reminds me of Montblanc Legend Spirit (which is supposed to be an imitation of Invictus Aqua, which I've never smelled myself), but even more synthetic and much sweeter. And that's saying something, because the Montblac already smells pretty synthetic.

The original Cool Water I quite like, but the Intense is to run away.
Bigloeffel
The disciples have grown older..
Back in the 90s, I was also one of the many self-confessed Cool Water disciples. For me, this new, fresh, blue aqua fragrance was an absolute sensation. He was therefore of course gladly and often worn by me and there was hardly anyone at that time, whether man or woman, who did not love this fragrance somehow. But as is often the case with popular fragrances, at some point almost everyone smelled it, because of course there was also a Cool Water for the ladies. So I got tired of the fragrance and after emptying several bottles I switched to other fragrance families. Most of the aquatic fragrances that saw the light of day after the legendary Cool Water were either too sweet for me, or had far too weak a performance or durability. When trying out the numerous new releases that hit the market after the Cool-Water era, I always had the feeling that most of the waters of this fragrance family somehow all smelled the same anyway. With Cool-Water Intense, however, I have now finally found an aquatic that can absolutely carry me away again.

The creators of Cool-Water Intense have succeeded in creating an extremely wearable and uncomplicated composition. Without being a mere copy of the original Cool Water, but its origin is still not to be misjudged. One has the feeling that Cool-Water has become more mature and mature by concentrating on only three fragrances, is no longer quite so playful, has evolved and moved with the times, without forgetting its origins. Like a mature person who has grown older, this fragrance has lost some of its former freshness and effervescence, but has become more uncomplicated and distinctive, perhaps also a little more adapted and no longer quite so youthfully cool, but without having lost its carefree lightness. As if one has met an old friend from the youth after quite a few years again, who has grown up, but has retained his sunny disposition over the years.

Cool-Water Intense is an extremely successful, modern development with outstanding performance and durability, which stands out thanks to the reflection on its roots, clearly from the modern blue mishmash. It is simply a pleasure to have this fragrance on you. Every former Cool Water disciple should try this great fragrance in any case.
Smells somehow like vacation
In the search for a new everyday summer fragrance, I became aware of this fragrance through Jeremy. Since I'm not a big fan of the classic Cool Water, I was a little skeptical, but the first spray has convinced me immediately.
The scent is sweet and fruity fresh. Has for me little in common with the original and really lasts a long time. Individual fragrances I can badly describe, he just somehow reminds me of vacation and also comes everywhere well :-D Ideal for everyday use in the summer. And for a super price :-)
It's about time...
...that Davidoff once again throws something "ingenious" on the market. I must say that I use the orginal Cool Water since my 14th year of life regularly, so for 31 years. That the Intenseversion is different, I knew thanks to successful comments on this platform in advance. That it's great for my taste, I now know since today, because Hermes actually managed to deliver it today, laugh. About the scent: the Cool Water DNA is there for me as a lover of the original, which is probably due to the amber. Unfortunately you have to say goodbye to the triumphant aquatic of the original, but here you have the sillage and longevity again that the "original" had in the beginning before the reformulations. This one is sweeter and fruitier. I don't notice much of the coconut water. For me, amber and green manderine tell the tale. The latter also wants to be special according to a note on the packaging listed in 5 languages. I quote: "Davidoff reinterprets for the first time the freshness of Cool Water with an ethically sourced ingredient: green manderine. The citrus fruit was hand-picked by a community in Val de Cai, Brazil, as part of a sustainable sourcing partnership overseen by the perfumer." Well, that's marketing now, but it doesn't change the fact that this fruit gives this "new" Cool Water that certain something. From the coconut water I perceive only marginally something. I dare to say that Davidoff succeeded in topping the original Cool Water in uniqueness, but lost freshness because of the amber. The latter is not to be misunderstood. Cool Water Intense is fresh, but differently fresh, better fresh, for my genetic taste. I'm about to order another 125ml. I must add that I am grateful that I got 125ml for 30 Euros, but I find it a cheek and at the same time a pity that so little attention is paid to such a fragrance creation. Better you can not make "fruity sweet freshness". Thank you Davidoff, Chapeau!
Coco in cold water
Short and crisp,

Do you want to smell like coconut diluted in ice cold water and an unripe tangerine? Just simple but the best "I come out of the shower and smell like sea and beach and clean man" fragrance in the world ☺️
Durability Extremely Good for a Frischen duft, 8 hours about.
Sillgae also very very good.
Price just ridiculous, 30 euros for 125 ml.

Conclusion: it does not have to be a lot of money to smell clean and Beachi.

He is so good that I pack him easily on a level of dolce gabana light blue intense.
If you can not decide for the summer, even have little money, BUY THE BLIND BOY!!! ?

ScentSlave
They should’ve named it “Island Water”
I’m going to agree with those that say this doesn’t quite fit in the “family” of the one it’s flanking... I like the scent, but everyone knows that I like the sweet fragrances.

This one becomes kind of floral as it develops... it reminds my wife and I of a Hawaiian flower named Pua Keni Keni... A very nice, very sweet, and pungent aroma. It does have a “tropical” feeling, especially in the opening. It starts with a softer feeling citrus, and as it develops I can feel the coconut WATER, and it’s a different scent than most expect... as it develops it slides out of the citrus/coconut and into the tropical flowery scent that I’m noticing.

Performance wise, it lives up to the hype it’s getting online. Projection is LOUD (an easy 4+ foot radius), and sillage lingers for a LONG time... it lasts over 8 hours easily, so you get the bang for the bucks you spend. It’s all about if you like the sweeter stuff, and if you don’t mind how different from its “fragrance family” it turns out to be.

For me? It was $40 for 100ml. I’m 100% satisfied.
Davidoff`s Amber Coconut Wedding
Would not have thought that amber and coconut can be merged so well with each other.
Am about it really surprised and at the same time a little excited.
The fragrance is SIMPLE but also times what OTHER! Clearly there are with security better fragrances but these are then also just not affordable for everyone, that should not be disregarded in today's time perhaps.
Conclusion:
Davidoff Cool Water Intense is not at all a more intense version of the original, but still very well done. When applying one immediately perceives the amber note mixed with coconut water. Green mandarin I have never smelled, but think that it is responsible for the fresh part in the fragrance. The scent is quite linear and changes only a little, which is not surprising with the few ingredients and this fragrance does not bother at all, or is a disadvantage. Furthermore, the shelf life is bombastic, you come with a few sprays easily over the day.

You can expect a sweetish, long-lasting perfect everyday fragrance that can be worn all year round. Maybe but nothing for very young men, would say from 30+.
Blind purchase suitable? Sure, at the price you can not go wrong.
5.5
Roadrunner
One of those blind buys...
..which I almost regretted if my father hadn't liked him so much.
Actually hard to believe that only 3 ingredients should be in here. That makes it honestly not easier for me but much more difficult to filter out what bothers me so much about the fragrance.

I ordered it blindly because I totally love the original and thought that the Intense version must go at least in the same direction, but far from it. The comrade here has absolutely nothing more to do with the original and in every conceivable way. Alright, I can see that. The bottle is the same except for the color. The Intense bottle is held a little darker.

However, that's about it. You could have taken the opportunity here and market it under a different name, but then not so many people like me would have come to buy the fragrance because they loved the original so.

I can honestly contribute little to the fragrance, as it is far too intense for me and actually just annoys me all day and scratches my nose from the inside. Hard to believe that here is no Ambroxan in it, because otherwise that is the culprit that drives me crazy. My father, however, liked the scent immediately and was more than surprised by the durability. The colleague makes his name namely all honor. The fragrance holds and holds and holds ...

In some comments I read something about Tropical Island ect. Maybe he was made exactly for that? You spray yourself with it, fly off on holiday, the plane crashes and you land on a desert island. Except for the clothes on your body and the scent around your neck, everything is submerged in the sea. Depending on how fast the rescuers find you... oh all we that. Joking aside :)

For the money, if you like the scent, you get a super lasting scent that a lot of people will like and should be worth every penny. I have long thought about whether I should write such a negative comment at all, but if you always only comment on the fragrances that you like super and only love hymns written, the whole picture here on Parfumo would be represented quite distorted. Then you could also read through the mostly wonderful product descriptions on the manufacturers' hompages. :)

In this olfactory sense.
- Roadrunner
Smells very different from Cool Water
I thought it was the stubborn version of the eau de toilette but instead it's a completely different perfume On the skin, I noticed that it is very fruity and reminds me a bit of Casharels Amour Amour, and the fresh note of Mandarin feels and reminds me a bit of the versace Red Dreamer.
Price Performance Top Landstopping also top
Soe
If Cool Water was a Pokemon...

it would have evolved into Cool Water Intense after a long training period. I loved the old Cool Water and really held on to it for a long time. As it often is, the manufacturers came up with the hip idea to reformulate the old Cool Water In short, even I couldn't hold on to it anymore. The DNA was old and musty and somehow it smelled like the stupid ex-girlfriend's dad.

Unnoticed by me, however, Davidoff has achieved a stroke of genius. You take the Cool Water DNA, trim it to 2019 and grow it so high that you can write Intense on it. You add a little coconut and hope that the old fans will bite.

I took the bait and I wasn't disappointed. It smells of a new cool water, of sea, beach and good mood. The durability on my skin is incredible. But you have to be careful not to spray too much. For me a successful comeback and level UP!

DPArtistDPArtist 7 months ago
1st thoughts- I'm not a big fan of this so doubt I'll be keeping my bottle,I can see how many would like this though. A simple orange-amber.
SavaSava 1 year ago
Horribly synthetic..similar to one Axe body spray can't remember which one.Performance is good

by Micha1984
by Gumschel
by Subflash
by Subflash

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff