Cool Water Night Dive (2014) Eau de Toilette

Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt
Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) (Davidoff)

Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesHorse mint, Mastic resin, Pistachio wood, Fruits, Marine accord
Heart Notes Heart NotesSage, Cashmeran, Tobacco, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Suede, Woody notes

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.10.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Nostalgic trash
First of all: I treat every perfume to a really nice tear, I think that is simply part of artistic freedom. And CWND doesn't get very little of it. Despite the numerous classics (e.g. Vetiverbomben, Chypre- as well as Patchoulikracher), which I call meanwhile my own, Night Dive did not really lose its initial attraction on me. Sounds weird? But it is! It was one of my first fragrances, along with my big brother CW, James Bond and Tabac Man. I think that nostalgia plays a big role here. Adventurous when trying out new perfumes, first date with a girlfriend, beginning of summer. It's a great time. Despite the sweetness, I never felt it overcharged or annoying and always found that it complemented the original well. The CW DNA is weak, but still recognizable. Light freshness and spice with lots of fruit, some mint and amber. Synthetic, undeniable. Compared to the original probably also quite trashy somehow. Something that you could theoretically get blown around the nose in clubs or large discos. Although that's not likely to happen very often. It is almost too elegant for that, considering all the proll stuff that is thrown on the market today. For me he is and will remain a good one.
Trashy, for all I care. I don't mind annoying. Torn for all I care. I can understand that. No problem. That's how I feel about other synthetic perfumes. I bet they got their nostalgia fans, too. Nobody can take away my nostalgia for CWND. And that's a good thing. Even if I'm the only one.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.5/10
There is a time and place for this...
Have this for almost a year and still it's still three quarters full.

If you take a hint from the name, this is suited for nighttime. The scent is fruity and sweet. Some say that this has similarities to the original CW(I also have this as of this time), but I disagree. I don't even think that this is an aquatic.

Standout notes for me are the juicy fruits(reminds me of grapes and blueberries), then the cashmeran and some pepper at the heart then some woods at the end until it fades away.

Longevity is average. Maybe 4-6 hours or more if it's not terribly hot and humid in your location.

An average fragrance but the bottle looks cool.

by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
by Powershot
by Powershot

Popular Davidoff

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Woman by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Champion (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff The Game (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence by Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Champion Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Echo (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff