Cool Water Woman 1996

Cool Water Woman by Davidoff
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt
Cool Water Woman is a perfume by Davidoff for women and was released in 1996. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Pierre Bourdon

Citrus notesCitrus notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneyHoney
JasmineJasmine
LotusLotus
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
May roseMay rose
IrisIris
VanillaVanilla
Violet rootViolet root
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Sani, last update on 17.09.2021.

5.5
Sequoia
Sometimes memories should just stay memories
Actually, I didn't want to write another review on this just living in the past...

But some fragrances just define a time and it's hard to judge them without a dose of nostalgia. Of course Cool Water Woman was part of my 90s too. So were Eurodance, pacifier chains and video tapes. Some things have survived, some things you just don't want back at all.

Today, on a whim, I tested Cool Water Woman for the first time in years. Of course I recognized it. And of course, memories came up.

But that's where it remains, because today I would find the fragrance unwearable for me. Today it is a mystery to me how I could perceive Cool Water earlier as aquatic. The freshness is rather fruity-fresh with a floral-woody base after all. I find it very synthetic - and that's what bothers me so much about it today that I wouldn't use it anymore. Yet it is still quite uncomplicated, discreet and pleasing - a fragrance out of fashion for U30er.

For me, Cool Water will not make a comeback. I would also not come back to the idea to put on Buffalos. But it was nice to sniff it again.
Mayflower96
He can definitely keep up!
Like probably many of you, I have seen as a child on TV the great Cool Water commercials and was completely blown away. That was still in a time in which I have not even thought of wearing perfume.
A few weeks ago I sniffed myself a little through the Müller and stopped excitedly in front of the shelf with the label Davidoff. "I finally have to test this one, then I can also die in peace," I thought to myself and applied the fragrance. Unfortunately, what beat the scent to the punch was the cheap bottle, not necessarily the bottle, but the grisly plastic lid. I'd rather pay 5 euros more, but have a higher quality bottle and sprayer, with which it is also fun to spray.

But now to the fragrance.
Wow, I was glad not to have read the reviews here before, because I was really excited. More southern than I expected, but with pleasant fresh florals. As the only, from the felt infinite fragrance pyramid, I can but only smell out water lily and melon- that's all, but also enough. The sweetness can be imagined as that of a ripe honeydew melon. Beautiful? Reminds me a little of a stroll through an old Italian town in the summer, when you pass the market hall where a variety of fruits are sold. Not too far away is the beach.
And the durability on the skin is really insane. Over 10 hours and it is still perceptible. Unbeatable for the price.
Honestly, I would repurchase it again and again, because it can keep up just as with expensive fragrances. You get something solid, not insanely exciting, but who wants that in the summer, when you just want to dangle the soul?
But please...please...still working on the flacon ?
5.5
Pleasant
I had bought the Cool Water Men gift set and Cool Water Woman in addition, simply in the hope, if Cool Water Men is too stuffy, but still have something pleasant. Perfumes for women are usually 'lighter', so my thought.

And yes I was right, even if this is not the fragrance I'm looking for. But Cool Water Woman I like better than Cool Water Men, because here the heavy substances are missing, which usually let me feel and smell like unwashed in men's perfume.

I think who anyway tends to a heavy / more pongy body odor (despite washing yes, Vielschwitzer) and has a good olfactory organ, like me, for the worthwhile (if at all?) Perfumes aimed at the female gender.

Cool Water Woman is not penetrating, does not smell of 'old', is light - probably for outsiders totally unimpressive. I smell the fragrance easily even after several hours and have further nothing to complain about it, except that Cool Water Woman can be a little cheaper and vegan. But what perfume is already vegan...

Again I would buy the fragrance despite that he liked me not. Cool Water Woman remains in my memory, however, as an unobtrusive companion in heavy / sweaty hours. My heartfelt thanks for it, even if you have not reached Athena.
Childhood memories after a holiday at Lake Balaton
The scent evokes all my holiday memories. I associate it with holidays with my relatives in Hungary. I don't even know who was wearing it, but this scent is so present in my nose as if it was only yesterday!
The fragrance is aquatic, fresh and perfect for the summer. The fragrance composition is wonderful. I love the scent. The flower-fruit combination makes the fragrance summery fresh, so it is best to wear it on the beach. Even at >35 degrees the scent is wearable and not intrusive but rather refreshing.

But now unfortunately to the points of criticism:
The scent smells fantastic - but unfortunately only felt for 2-3 hours, after that it is gone again. So the shelf life is unfortunately underground. The Sillage is ok, but nothing special.

For the price on offer, it's okay to spray it a few times. Still, I am a fan of it when fragrances last rather long on the skin and do not disappear immediately.

Pity.
Nevertheless, I like to reach for it on beach days. Because you go into the water right away anyway, you have a lot of fun with the scent for a short time and after that it's not so wild anymore when the scent is gone. :)
Youth
Not one with oneself, the hormones on wrong paths and the moods in the constant alternating bath of feelings.
Cool and exuberant, false laughter and real tears, the first love and the first heartache, the first time and the experiences afterwards.
Terror at school, loneliness at home and happy moments in my spare time.

I keep it so close because the memories hurt me and still hope that maybe one or two of you will understand what I am trying to express.
He ...and yes, this was mostly, with very few exceptions, not beautiful. Many traumas that I still try to overcome today are connected to him...and yet I cannot part with him because he is a part of me that I want to hide but not let go of
Katjuscha
Let him make other girls happy or the smell of the ex-girlfriend...
Yes, I was. Tender 16 I was and completely inexperienced. I had a crush on a young man. The age difference back then was already significant and I just wasn't there yet. What true love means I didn't know for a long time and he wasn't looking for a real relationship. So I let him move on. He should make other girls happy and complete his "collection" with them.

I can only guess his name... was it Kay or Markus? What did he look like again? I think he had a big sports car... But I know he liked to smell Cool Water Woman from Davidoff on his companion.
And because I didn't have any money for such luxury things as perfumes when I was 16, I ran into the perfumery every time we met and dieselled myself with it. (I confess!)
And like so many things that only become clear when you grow up, I had to learn that this guy wasn't the great love, of course, and I can assume that his ex always used this perfume. That I am also not the lover of aquatic smells had itself out-crystallized meanwhile
Years later I actually bought myself a bottle of Cool Water Woman. Well, I had experience and money. After the first spray the memories of this time came immediately again. I was so glad that I remembered my good upbringing at the decisive moment and let him go. Nevertheless I like to remember the time and although Cool Water Woman is an aquatic scent, I like it very much.

At some point I used the scent only for sports and when the bottle was empty, it ended up in my bottle "collection". It never became true love, but it was a great time with him. Now it's in my collection and I'm ready for something festive.

For lovers of aquatic and fresh fragrances, Cool Water Woman is definitely a classic and I like it when it gets in my nose from time to time.

Let him make other girls happy!
2.5

Flash Flood
I purchased a new mini so it must be the reformulated version. I've read great reviews elsewhere on the original so thought I'd give it a try.

This opened with a sharp, sour citrus making me think of grapefruit and some spices. It pretty much stayed that way until fading into nothingness after a half hour, thankfully. Sillage was stron for the first few minutes then faded into a skin scent. Other than the cute bottle this one just isnt for me.
2.5

Sink or Swim
This Doesn't last on my skin unfortunuly
but i love the ingredients from this
perfume lotus melon citruses fruits
quince lily of the vally
the con is it make my nose burn
but the pros to this is the color
the name that represents a great perfume
for the beach it brings out the vibe
of the deep ocean.Swmining with the fishes.

Watery horror
This perfume tops my 'most hated scents' list. Such a disappointment when I loved the male version so much.

This was a horrid blast of sourness and nose burning acidity. It beats me as to how people can wear this. When the horrible top notes mellow all I get is a boring, predictable water scent.

Nothing exciting about this what-so-ever.

DanielleDanielle 3 years ago
Exciting - spectacular
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
I had it and I wore it only in summer. Its bouquet results pleasant in the hottest days, but I can't appreciate it in the other seasons
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Aptly named, this is very cool and watery. It is also very sweet and a bit headache-inducing. Meh.

by Rosaviola
by Nanara
by UnterZwang
by UnterZwang

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff Cool Water Parfum by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff