Cool Water Woman (1996)

Cool Water Woman by Davidoff
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt

Cool Water Woman is a perfume by Davidoff for women and was released in 1996. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Bergamot, Lotus, Melon, Quince, Blackcurrant, Waterlily, Citric notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoney, Jasmine, Lotus, Lily-of-the-valley, May rose, Water lily, Hawthorn
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Blackberry, Raspberry, Musk, Peach, Sandalwood, Iris, Vanilla, Violet root, Vetiver

Submitted by Sani, last update on 16.09.2019

10.0 5.0 5.0 5.5/10

JetonToni
A clean fresh flowery powdery classic with smears!
I have been in constant contact with Cool Water Women since its appearance. At that time there were also many dupes around this fragrance. Yes, Cool Water Women was really hyped. Who could not afford the fragrance, bought the dupes to this fragrance.

What I will never understand until today, why this fragrance is associated with the element water. It does not smell aquatic, but flowery, clean and powdery.
It smells like these textile fresheners in the variety: Flowery fresh (with some synthetic echo).

With water, I associate fruity green notes (lime, watery notes) with a distinct freshness kick!
Cool Water Women means to me: to be cared for and not water and a sea breeze (or surf).

Cool Water Women starts fresh synthetic and intense (at the beginning). After some time floral notes come to bear with a tiny honey touch. The honey is however very discreet, gives a certain calmness and balance, without ever being domimant. Later the fragrance becomes even more powdery, a little bitter. Unfortunately, this synthetic is to be noticed in the whole course of fragrance. Sometimes stronger sometimes weaker.

I'm afraid it's this note that spoils my fragrance. In the vintage version the fragrance was much stronger and a bit more noble than the current one. I also mean that in the fragrance pyramid is no longer everything inside what was once inside.
Since I know the scent since its appearance and my mother often used the scent, I can say with great certainty that here some is missing, some also in endurance!

The price was higher then, the fragrance was more noble and lasted for a long time (up to 12 hours). Especially on tropical summer days the fragrance was a relief due to its clean powdery note.

But still, with water I can't imagine this smell. The older brother (Cool Water Man), on the other hand, smells of sea, water and summer!
6.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Katjuscha
Let him make other girls happy or the smell of the ex-girlfriend...
Yes, I was. Tender 16 I was and completely inexperienced. I had a crush on a young man. The age difference back then was already significant and I just wasn't there yet. What true love means I didn't know for a long time and he wasn't looking for a real relationship. So I let him move on. He should make other girls happy and complete his "collection" with them.

I can only guess his name... was it Kay or Markus? What did he look like again? I think he had a big sports car... But I know he liked to smell Cool Water Woman from Davidoff on his companion.
And because I didn't have any money for such luxury things as perfumes when I was 16, I ran into the perfumery every time we met and dieselled myself with it. (I confess!)
And like so many things that only become clear when you grow up, I had to learn that this guy wasn't the great love, of course, and I can assume that his ex always used this perfume. That I am also not the lover of aquatic smells had itself out-crystallized meanwhile
Years later I actually bought myself a bottle of Cool Water Woman. Well, I had experience and money. After the first spray the memories of this time came immediately again. I was so glad that I remembered my good upbringing at the decisive moment and let him go. Nevertheless I like to remember the time and although Cool Water Woman is an aquatic scent, I like it very much.

At some point I used the scent only for sports and when the bottle was empty, it ended up in my bottle "collection". It never became true love, but it was a great time with him. Now it's in my collection and I'm ready for something festive.

For lovers of aquatic and fresh fragrances, Cool Water Woman is definitely a classic and I like it when it gets in my nose from time to time.

Let him make other girls happy!
7.5 2.5 2.0/10

Flash Flood
I purchased a new mini so it must be the reformulated version. I've read great reviews elsewhere on the original so thought I'd give it a try.

This opened with a sharp, sour citrus making me think of grapefruit and some spices. It pretty much stayed that way until fading into nothingness after a half hour, thankfully. Sillage was stron for the first few minutes then faded into a skin scent. Other than the cute bottle this one just isnt for me.
5.0 2.5 5.0 5.0/10

Sink or Swim
This Doesn't last on my skin unfortunuly
but i love the ingredients from this
perfume lotus melon citruses fruits
quince lily of the vally
the con is it make my nose burn
but the pros to this is the color
the name that represents a great perfume
for the beach it brings out the vibe
of the deep ocean.Swmining with the fishes.
5.0 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

Watery horror
This perfume tops my 'most hated scents' list. Such a disappointment when I loved the male version so much.

This was a horrid blast of sourness and nose burning acidity. It beats me as to how people can wear this. When the horrible top notes mellow all I get is a boring, predictable water scent.

Nothing exciting about this what-so-ever.

Danielle 9 months ago
Exciting - spectacular+1
10.0
Jazzy76 18 months ago
I had it and I wore it only in summer. Its bouquet results pleasant in the hottest days, but I can't appreciate it in the other seasons+1
5.0
5.0
Bcars10 2 years ago
Aptly named, this is very cool and watery. It is also very sweet and a bit headache-inducing. Meh.+2
3.0
3.0
Lexa 3 years ago
Now times are different.But we used to love Cool Water,was simply summer in a bottle,fresh and gentle,perfect for sunny hot days.Remember?+1
10.0

by JPhx
by Nanara
by Nanara

Popular Davidoff

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Woman by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Champion (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff The Game (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence by Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Run Wild by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Champion Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff