Davidoff 1984Eau de Toilette

Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 1984. The scent is spicy-green. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Lime, Basil, Mugwort, Fruity notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Iris, Carnation, Thyme, Rose, Cedarwood, Hay
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Leather, Ambergris, Moss, Frankincense, Castoreum, Vetiver

Submitted by Nw1990, last update on 17.10.2020.

Gentlemen par excellence
I have about 10 ml of this scent left. On the one hand it makes me proud to still have something from him, on the other hand it makes me sad, because they are the last drops I have and for affordable money replacement is hard to find, especially since one runs the risk of not getting "The" original. My dream would be to get a barrel of it in which I would fall, like Obelix in the potion and then smell it all my life, with my nasal mucous membranes not adapting, so that I could smell it again and again. I would even be in favour of a petition that would be presented to the relevant companies in order to bring the fragrance back to life and thus onto the shelves of the perfumeries. The time of the well dressed and educated gentleman is unfortunately over, unfortunately, thus also their smells die. But I'm not giving up hope that sometime this classic will be available again and then at an affordable price. But to put it briefly, the scent is madness!
Rene72
Most masculine Davidoff of all time
I could get another bottle of that great '80s men's fragrance. And to be on the safe side, I will use it sparingly, because I want to have something from him as long as possible.
Davidoff, who manages without a more or less inspiring nickname, is a tribute to the man over 40. Younger will avoid him.
It starts fresh, but with a certain spice. I haven't smelled mugwort in a perfume yet, but I know the smell from the garden when you try to get rid of this mugwort as weed, a special green freshness. By the way, I'm still waiting for the first perfumer to put fresh Giersch in a perfume, I could deliver endlessly.
And then you stay in the garden with Davidoff in the further course of the fragrance. Flower fragrance that develops pleasantly and unobtrusively. No sweet, not feminine course, obviously hay and wood notes always provide a balance. One could think that the scent of blossoms after a rain shower is next to freshly cut wood, even then it is weakened and never overloaded.
However, what remains characteristic for hours are soft leather and beaver horny. The Davidoff now becomes demanding, makes announcements and still has something soft, a warming charisma. I also think I can smell something smoky, maybe it's the more reserved incense.
For me it is one of the successful Bibergeil creations. Because Bibergeil accompanies me in some for me newly discovered men scents of the 70's and 80's already quite a while.
The ladies react differently, from irritated to bewitched. But it hasn't been unpleasant for any of the test subjects. There may also be hardly any men left who would and could wear it self-confidently. Because as I said at the beginning: The Davidoff is an announcement and probably the most male of his name of all times.
Beavers in Armani pour Homme
In many collections represented here Duefte from past times can be found. They may have found their way there for many different reasons. Often it is the slightly melancholic attempt to capture the memory of particularly beautiful moments or periods of life by adjusting such a fragrance. I did that with Macassar of Rochas and Jil Sander Man Pure. And, of course, Davidoff. All three Duefte I connect with the 80s, with the study time and carefree life (which it was not at all in an honest and emotionless retrospect).

Davidoff starts fresh, but only very briefly yellow-citric. Very fast we green this citrus freshness, no grassy, but rather Mediterranean garden green. At the same time a restrained sharpness develops, slightly shrill without hurting. It gives the impression of spicy soapiness. Many duds from the 80s have this soapiness, which can go from slightly sweaty to urinoes depending on intensity. This is not the case with Davidoff. The soapiness does not superimpose the green freshness but remains trapped in it.

Little by little Davidoff's green orientation fades and leather comes out. The soapiness is still there, but gets a slightly animal touch, which is probably caused by the beaver horny. Thanks to its economical dosage, however, there is no impression of stable smell or animal cages.

In its fresh Mediterranean orientation, Davidoff reminds me of Armani pour Homme. Both date from 1984 and have many scents in common. Unfortunately I haven't had Armani pour Homme under my nose for many, many years and maybe my memory plays a trick on me; but it seems to me that Davidoff is a distant relative of ApH, who has been given a saeuerlich-animalic twist by the addition of Bibergeil
As a child of his time, Davidoff has great stamina and is anything but shy. While I disappeared in the Davidoff Nebula in the 80s, today caution is appropriate with the dosage.

Drseid
Welcome To One Of The Finest Of The Powerhouse 80s...
Davidoff opens with a strong lime note, mixed with just a hint of lemon. This lemon-lime tandem immediately mingles with a very strong oak moss rising all the way from the base, giving the open a very mossy-citric vibe. The oakmoss remains into the heart, now joined by an emerging leather accord that takes a co-starring role with the oakmoss supported by a slightly herb-laced floral tandem consisting of carnation and rose. As Davidoff enters the dry-down stage, it presents primarily as a powdery mossy castoreum-laced leather. Projection and longevity are both excellent.

Davidoff is a fine scent that represents what the best powerhouse scents of the 80s are all about. It must have a tremendous amount of oakmoss in it, as when you spray it on skin you immediately get a blast of that mossy base that you can no longer find in current releases due to ingredient restrictions. The lemon-lime citric mossy green open is quite unique despite many others attempting to emulate it over the years, leading to the fabulous leathery finish. If I have any gripe with Davidoff, it would have to be the scent turns a bit more powdery than I like in the dry-down, but with that said, the overall scent from top to bottom is pretty amazing. As an aside, it is a shame Davidoff is discontinued, but knowing how restricted the oakmoss in it is nowadays, I regrettably have to agree with the decision, as it would not smell anything like it used to if still available today. My advice is to seek out a discontinued bottle as quickly as you can, as they are becoming very scarce and quite pricey on places like eBay. The excellent smelling original Davidoff earns 4 stars out of 5.

by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
Davidoff - Davidoff (1984)
by Morpheus1
Davidoff - Davidoff (1984)
Davidoff - Davidoff (1984) | Grünes Frühlingserwachen
by Inse
by Inse
CEO Vintageduft für den Mann Besser geht es kaum

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff