Davidoff (1984) Eau de Toilette

Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff

Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 1984. The scent is spicy-green. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Lime, Basil, Mugwort, Fruity notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Iris, Carnation, Thyme, Rose, Cedarwood, Hay
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Leather, Ambergris, Moss, Frankincense, Castoreum, Vetiver

Submitted by Nw1990, last update on 23.10.2019

7.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Davidoff - The Second
The second one, standing up there for two reasons

Months ago I had already commented on this Davidoff. There's been some feedback on this commie. I remember one of Fresh21 very well: I would have written a lot, but nothing about the scent.
He was right.
From this arose what I especially appreciate about Parfumo, a very nice exchange.

Maybe a tip to all those who only read here and have no sweetheart (short form of Waltraut). Don't be afraid you don't have to bring Waltraut with you, I don't want to give any impetus to Waltraut being kidnapped.
The term "no trust" is used in my generation as a synonym for "do not dare".
So have a heart! Besides a lot of further information, which only active perfumers have access to, you can help shape this site and meet a lot of nice people.

Now back again.
The second reason for "The Second" is that this fragrance was the second I consciously bought because of the fragrance experience it emanated from. Before only Anteus had fulfilled this claim with me. I also wore other scents, but they were, from today's point of view, only there to "smell like something".

I continue with the sentence that comes to mind again today.
When I hear the word 'Davidoff', I think of this fragrance, the image of the bottle appears in my mind's eye. It was the first fragrance of this house, afterwards 'Davidoff has brought a number of beautiful fragrances on the market, of which, fortunately, a few have survived, but many have left the fragrance stage in the meantime. Today's creations by Davidoff, at least my demands, no longer meet.

When I tested the fragrance for the first time, I had an impression of freshness (When you come from Anteus and the former Aramis fragrances, every fragrance looks fresh.).

He doesn't have a head, heart and base note for me. It opens with its entire fragrance spectrum. Beautiful fresh bergamot; flowers and spices show up immediately. The cedar and the hay are used very nicely, so that the smell does not become exuberant.

Patchouli, Biebergeil, the leather note, the amber (not amber!) and the moss give this fragrance an enormous basic structure, without which it distributes the spices and flowers. Even the freshness of the citrus notes is preserved.
It is enormously spicy, enormously green, enormously fresh and, and, and. Today we paraphrase something like this as "Powerhouse", a term of "lifetime" of this fragrance has not yet been used.

This smell was, as far as it exists at all, perfect or at least close to it.

Wearers who preferred green fragrances wore it as did those who preferred heavy fragrances.
Whether in the spare time or for official occasions, this Davidoff always fit.

The list can now be kept up to date. I come exactly here to the end, because otherwise it ends in further enumerations of enumerations.

The fragrance is currently no longer produced, that it was no longer successfully sold, I can not imagine. at some point there were indications of harmful ingredients ..., maybe.
Those who had it or still have it know what a treasure it is and we can be very happy not to have to talk about reformulations today. After all.

In the end ... still a short excursion to Waltraut - can be found also with 'd' at the end, as well as many other spellings.

9.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

Gentlemen par excellence
I have about 10 ml of this scent left. On the one hand it makes me proud to still have something from him, on the other hand it makes me sad, because they are the last drops I have and for affordable money replacement is hard to find, especially since one runs the risk of not getting "The" original. My dream would be to get a barrel of it in which I would fall, like Obelix in the potion and then smell it all my life, with my nasal mucous membranes not adapting, so that I could smell it again and again. I would even be in favour of a petition that would be presented to the relevant companies in order to bring the fragrance back to life and thus onto the shelves of the perfumeries. The time of the well dressed and educated gentleman is unfortunately over, unfortunately, thus also their smells die. But I'm not giving up hope that sometime this classic will be available again and then at an affordable price. But to put it briefly, the scent is madness!
8.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

Rene72
Most masculine Davidoff of all time
I could get another bottle of that great '80s men's fragrance. And to be on the safe side, I will use it sparingly, because I want to have something from him as long as possible.
Davidoff, who manages without a more or less inspiring nickname, is a tribute to the man over 40. Younger will avoid him.
It starts fresh, but with a certain spice. I haven't smelled mugwort in a perfume yet, but I know the smell from the garden when you try to get rid of this mugwort as weed, a special green freshness. By the way, I'm still waiting for the first perfumer to put fresh Giersch in a perfume, I could deliver endlessly.
And then you stay in the garden with Davidoff in the further course of the fragrance. Flower fragrance that develops pleasantly and unobtrusively. No sweet, not feminine course, obviously hay and wood notes always provide a balance. One could think that the scent of blossoms after a rain shower is next to freshly cut wood, even then it is weakened and never overloaded.
However, what remains characteristic for hours are soft leather and beaver horny. The Davidoff now becomes demanding, makes announcements and still has something soft, a warming charisma. I also think I can smell something smoky, maybe it's the more reserved incense.
For me it is one of the successful Bibergeil creations. Because Bibergeil accompanies me in some for me newly discovered men scents of the 70's and 80's already quite a while.
The ladies react differently, from irritated to bewitched. But it hasn't been unpleasant for any of the test subjects. There may also be hardly any men left who would and could wear it self-confidently. Because as I said at the beginning: The Davidoff is an announcement and probably the most male of his name of all times.
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Beavers in Armani pour Homme
In many collections represented here Duefte from past times can be found. They may have found their way there for many different reasons. Often it is the slightly melancholic attempt to capture the memory of particularly beautiful moments or periods of life by adjusting such a fragrance. I did that with Macassar of Rochas and Jil Sander Man Pure. And, of course, Davidoff. All three Duefte I connect with the 80s, with the study time and carefree life (which it was not at all in an honest and emotionless retrospect).

Davidoff starts fresh, but only very briefly yellow-citric. Very fast we green this citrus freshness, no grassy, but rather Mediterranean garden green. At the same time a restrained sharpness develops, slightly shrill without hurting. It gives the impression of spicy soapiness. Many duds from the 80s have this soapiness, which can go from slightly sweaty to urinoes depending on intensity. This is not the case with Davidoff. The soapiness does not superimpose the green freshness but remains trapped in it.

Little by little Davidoff's green orientation fades and leather comes out. The soapiness is still there, but gets a slightly animal touch, which is probably caused by the beaver horny. Thanks to its economical dosage, however, there is no impression of stable smell or animal cages.

In its fresh Mediterranean orientation, Davidoff reminds me of Armani pour Homme. Both date from 1984 and have many scents in common. Unfortunately I haven't had Armani pour Homme under my nose for many, many years and maybe my memory plays a trick on me; but it seems to me that Davidoff is a distant relative of ApH, who has been given a saeuerlich-animalic twist by the addition of Bibergeil
As a child of his time, Davidoff has great stamina and is anything but shy. While I disappeared in the Davidoff Nebula in the 80s, today caution is appropriate with the dosage.
7.5 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Drseid
Welcome To One Of The Finest Of The Powerhouse 80s...
Davidoff opens with a strong lime note, mixed with just a hint of lemon. This lemon-lime tandem immediately mingles with a very strong oak moss rising all the way from the base, giving the open a very mossy-citric vibe. The oakmoss remains into the heart, now joined by an emerging leather accord that takes a co-starring role with the oakmoss supported by a slightly herb-laced floral tandem consisting of carnation and rose. As Davidoff enters the dry-down stage, it presents primarily as a powdery mossy castoreum-laced leather. Projection and longevity are both excellent.

Davidoff is a fine scent that represents what the best powerhouse scents of the 80s are all about. It must have a tremendous amount of oakmoss in it, as when you spray it on skin you immediately get a blast of that mossy base that you can no longer find in current releases due to ingredient restrictions. The lemon-lime citric mossy green open is quite unique despite many others attempting to emulate it over the years, leading to the fabulous leathery finish. If I have any gripe with Davidoff, it would have to be the scent turns a bit more powdery than I like in the dry-down, but with that said, the overall scent from top to bottom is pretty amazing. As an aside, it is a shame Davidoff is discontinued, but knowing how restricted the oakmoss in it is nowadays, I regrettably have to agree with the decision, as it would not smell anything like it used to if still available today. My advice is to seek out a discontinued bottle as quickly as you can, as they are becoming very scarce and quite pricey on places like eBay. The excellent smelling original Davidoff earns 4 stars out of 5.

by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
Davidoff - Davidoff (1984)
by Morpheus1
Davidoff - Davidoff (1984)
Davidoff - Davidoff (1984) | Grünes Frühlingserwachen
by Inse
by Inse
CEO Vintageduft für den Mann Besser geht es kaum

Popular Davidoff

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Woman by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Champion (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff The Game (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence by Davidoff Run Wild by Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Champion Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff