Horizon 2016

Horizon by Davidoff
Horizon is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
SesameSesame
CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesCocoa absoluteCocoa absolute
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 30.06.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Italian model Simone Bredariol.

The better but also weaker Terre de Hermes
The opening is fruity and leathery. Has an old and rancid vibe though. It reminds me of Terre de Hermes, only that here is no orange in it, but grapefruit. It's nowhere near as penetratingly fruity as the Terre orange, though. The Horizon also lacks the patchouli earthiness of Terre.
The silage is good at the beginning

After an hour, it is still fruity, but spicier thereby become. Warscheinlich, because now the ginger comes through. The silage is now but clearly decreases. A fragrance that must definitely be dosed high. In terms of performance, the Terre is there clearly better.
The cocoa note emerges with me, however, only after about 10 hours, when he has already become very close to the skin.

Like Terre de Hermes, Davidoff Horizon is a good change of pace from the aquatic, citrusy and herbaceous "freshis". Because of their fruitiness, however, I see both more at home in late summer and early fall.

Like Terre, Horizon also goes well with yellowish hues. Whereas the Terre has a tendency to brownish.

He is suitable for the gentleman between 20 and 60 years.

I like it, more than Terre de Hermes anyway! One of the few fruity fragrances that I like, because the fruit note is not annoyingly penetrating.
So there is still a Davidoff fragrance that I like
After the last Davidoff flop, the head note fader THE BRILLIANT GAME, I had actually already given up on it This one was on sale at Rossmann a few weeks ago, so I just gave it a try The smell begins pleasantly fresh / spicy ... simply great ... BUT CAUTION I thought only so with me, one does not want to fall again on a head note blinder.
This fresh and spicy top note is joined after a short time by woody notes and a light but unobtrusive sweetness It is a VERY cosy feel-good fragrance for men Ü30 .
The Sillage is very reserved, but always present. The badly rated durability here I can not understand, on my skin it is even after 7 hours still perceptible On the whole a slightly fresh, woody/spicy/sweet fragrance.
WARNING out the scent "Davidoff Horizon EXTREME", which is not a stronger version of this scent here, but a completely different scent that smells really bad on my skin

Elysium
Davidoff Horizon is such a good performer!
I've read a lot of reviews, and several people have had issues when speaking about Horizon by Davidoff. Honestly, I do not understand why almost everyone disagree with that. Ain't no woof; rather, it is so damn beautiful!
Further, this jewel is on par with Terre d'Hermés, which has been my favorite signature scent, and to my skin and nose, they are two scents apart.

Let's get into the scent. Right after the initial sprinkles DH opens with a blend of citruses and ginger notes, balanced by the aromatic and green rosemary. That mixture is marvelous, unique I would dare, and far far away from the bitterness of TdH's orange, and it lingers around for roughly 10-15 minutes.
What I appreciate most in this scent is the sillage, meaning that I'm used to spraying a couple of droplets behind my neck, and I can detect the beautifulness every time I turn my head.

Smoothly, that prelude moves over to a creamy and woody cedar, which well combines with the earthy vetiver. The sillage calms down a bit, though it stays around your arms, not a skin scent yet. That is the heart, which seems to last forever, definitely quite a few hours.

And then comes the soul, a pleasant and relaxing bitter cocoa like the pure one you can meet in the finest dark chocolate, which gives a gourmand vibe to the earthiness of the vetiver.

Come on, men, it is nearly 3 pm, and after 7 hours, the elegant aura is still around me, in all its boldness. I have barely 250 more scents in my wardrobe and ain't no one similar to this. The more I smell it, the more I fall in love with it, I can't take my nose off of it.

My two cents: DH is an excellent performer, ideal for a business day as well as leisure time, I would dare even for early evening. I am wearing it today, which is the middle of March, and the calm wind of this early spring melts well with it. I would recommend it for late winter and spring as well as for late summer and fall when the temperature stays between 15°C and 20°C degrees. Not sure about its performance in the hot summer, I will have a chance to give it a try.
About the bottle, I adore the design of the metal cap. The glass is cut and frosted on the two laterals and transparent on the back and front sides. The juice's color is similar to a blonde bier, which is good.

-Elysium

Tinctureall
Delicious citrus ginger with a superb base
This is how I like men to smell. Fresh, clean and aromatic. Without the awful trend of suffocating, dominant, amber chemicals. Slightly spicy and woodsy with many delicious neck snuggling nuances.

One of the nicest new releases for a while to my nose. There is a fresh grapefruit, masculine vibe with a delicious play on ginger and warm woods. Enriched by a seam of cocoa that warms without sweetening. There is enough cleanliness to feel like a newly bathed body in a really classy soap. A peppery tingly skin feel with rich patchouli, vetiver and cedar cleanliness.

If they made a soap of this then I would buy it tomorrow. I need to smell this again as it's still lingering in a spicy, woodsy way on the test strip six days later. Scrummy.

Classic and yet modern. A difficult mix that Davidoff has pulled off very well.

FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 3 years ago
I like the smell of this scent, It open with a little hint of ginger then it dry down and smell like cocoa .
Good for using in any season.
Rmf1112Rmf1112 5 years ago
4.5
Nothing exciting or interesting, the faint smell of a Mall for like an hour.
ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
Fresh, green, and zesty in the head, creamy and woody in the heart, and earthy and gourmand in the soul. That's Davidoff Horizon, what else?

by Elysium
by Elysium
by Helge
by Helge

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Cool Water Parfum by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff