Hot Water 2009Eau de Toilette

Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAbsinth, Basil
Heart Notes Heart NotesPaprika, Patchouli, Pimento
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Styrax

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.08.2020.

Warm Christmas
In the Christmas shopping hustle and bustle my husband asked me what I had in store for our forester Mani?

An audio book, because I know that he appreciates audio books on his long car journeys.

But the husband makes big eyes: No smell ? It sounds really reproachful
He thinks that our friend is not only a lover of literature - but also of fragrances.
When he's right, he's right
He takes matters into his own hands and dives into men's fragrances.

After some time, it reappears, accompanied by a pleasant warm spicy aura, which goes a little into the powdery.
Very special and attractive at the same time.
Hot water.

Luckily I don't find this Davidoff hot - but flatteringly warm - very compatible with the warm-heartedness of my friend.

The fragrance also radiates peace - which fits perfectly with the audio book in which the Dalai Lama talks about peace.

I also like to notice hot water in the husband - but he only accepts scents in shower gels
But you can always rely on his nose - he has chosen well once again.

Composition for the senses
Tested for the first time and pleasantly surprised, the herb of basil with grassy absinthe breath, spicy pure in the head about 15 minutes then jump to the Fixateur balsamic Storax smoke long adhering with a super Sillage.... My sensation male
Summer resort... And the bottle Red and Hot
Extreme paprika only unfortunately not to be felt heartily for long, but Patschouly slips into the base... Final extrem Hot!!
Great expectations - unfortunately disappointed
I am a big fan of Cool Water and of course I had high expectations of Hot Water. Probably too high. It was an instant rejection on my part. Sorry, but he's not working for me!

Rouge Red Water
Davidoff Hot Water it's a bit unique and not in line with the general opinion people have about Davidoff fragrances. Some people are going to like it and some others will hate it.
TOP NOTES - The opening reveals a bitter, green, peppery, spicy but somewhat sweet scent. You are surprised by initial harmony coming from the initial notes - Wormwood and Basil. They do not shock you because you are used to find it out of perfumery. Mexican food and Martini are good examples. Young people and infants will certainly not like it.
HEART NOTES - After 15 minutes you start to smell a very heavy Paprika but well tamed by Patchouli. You don't get a HOT Paprika... you get a somewhat sweet Paprika that I consider very agreeable, probably the best part of the fragrance evolution. I would describe the main note as recently cooked Spanish-style "Pimientos de Padrón"- Paprika anyway. Probably the first time user may expect to find a scent that would fit a hot badly behaved rebel James Dean type, and you get a humorous but strong and firm middle aged elegant Sean Connery.
BASE NOTES - The final evolution gives you a mild sweet resinous Stirax blended with strong benzoin. You end up with an average sillage, average longevity, a sweet/elegant/agreeable but inoffensive dry down.

SUMMARY - It is masculine fragrance but some people may judge unisex. Its pretty unique but you may get some vibes from other scents like the unisex fragrance Hermessence Paprika Brasil from Hermès in my opinion; others may have a totally different opinion. I recommend you to use it during Autumn, Spring and Summer nights.
I do not think it is a clubbing fragrance, but it would certainly fit elegant people playing Jim Rummy or Bridge.
It does remember me La Nuit de L'Homme. Am I the only one?

My rates
Quality: 7.5
Presentaion: 7.5
Price: 9.0
Overall rating: 7.57/10.00
I like this fragrance (but I do not love it). I may buy it again... or maybe not.
2.5

Spicy and light
Worth it's price, but do not expect anything outstanding.

An okay spicy fragrance with a good pimento note and some benzoin.

Sillage and lasting power are good (around 6 hours).

Updated January 2014

Warm water
Not bad, not bad at all. Although Cool Water still reigns supreme in my eyes, Hot Water is a nice follow-up.

I get spicy, but not a strong, bold spiciness. I'd say it's a subtle hint of spice more than anything else. Warm and inviting are two words that suit this fragrance well.

Honestly I don't think this fragrance will send many women into a spin however it will certainly smell seductive on a man.

The lasting strength is not great, which is a pity. I must say that I was hoping for more depth to this fragrance. I wanted wild and sexy rather than romantic. Even so, I do still enjoy this fragrance and have no doubt in my mind that it will sell well, partly because of Cool Water's affiliation with it.

Hot Twin ?!?
I like Hot Water very much; of course it has to accept comparisons to it´s big brother "Cool Water", simply because of it´s name, which for sure is quite a challenge.
However, I like the oriental character Hot Water which is decent enough to provide compatibility for every day use. It starts with some spicy citrus notes (maybe it is the absinth?) and some more darker fruit, which I cannot identify. Besides there are some pleasent herbs and spices, which then start to prevail. Then there is a freshness, which is not at all unlike some aspects of Cool Water, but is wrapped into all the seasoning. All this really brings up an associaton of oriental hot water, although I cannot really explain how this would smell.

HugoderricaHugoderrica 109 days ago
3.5
This scent is a mess. Don't reccomend at all.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
It's masculine fragrance although some people may judge it unisex. It's unique but you may get a vibe from scents like Hermessence Paprika.

by Bnd007
by Helge
by Arioch
by Arioch

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff