Hot Water Night (2012)

Hot Water Night by Davidoff

Hot Water Night is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesJuniper berry, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absolute, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesOud, Ambergris

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.10.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Farneon
As if Tarantino had made a love story! ;-)
I swapped this fragrance in the souk for "Dylan Blue" by Versace (thanks to @Berkantist). Some may ask why, but I want to get a little more clarity into my collection. To the effect that there are fragrances like DB that I like (should like), but which have a note that makes them practically unwearable for me. Fortunately, this is not the case with "Hot Water Night", although the exchange of course entailed a certain risk. But you know: No risk, no fun! ;-)

Like many others here, I'm a big fan of old Davidoff cars from "Cool Water" to "Relax" to "Good Life", of which only the former has survived the decades. Later, I hardly found anything interesting for me, similar to Jil Sander, Gucci, Calvin Klein or YSL. But just because of the scents mentioned HWN made me curious, of all people I'm not a real oud fan, who rarely gets along without citrus notes and likes vetiver scents the best.

In this respect HWN really stands out from the crowd without stinging the nose again ;-) Oud is clearly perceptible from the beginning, but does not possess this oriental heaviness like other representatives of this fragrance genus. The top note is probably surprisingly fresh thanks to the pepper, which I would not have guessed at all. But only with a lot of imagination I manage to smell something smoky and single like some of the previous speakers. This may be because I have something like my incense-pathouli-phase and other candidates are working much harder! ;-)

From the head to the base, HWN is encased in a rose - a note I don't like very much stand-alone, but which gives this fragrance a certain playfulness and grace. All in all HWN is for me a successful litter from Davidoff and for me not as wintery as it is classified here. A clear recommendation for perfumers like me who don't like oriental fragrances very much, but still appreciate the variety and originality on the perfume shelf. A bit like Pearl Jam recorded a jazz record or Tarantino made a love story! ;-)

by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Karli
by Karli
by Scentist
by Scentist

Popular Davidoff

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Woman by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Champion (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff The Game (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence by Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Run Wild by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Champion Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff