Relax (1990)Eau de Toilette

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 1990. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Tarragon, Spearmint, Lavender, Tagetes, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAniseed, Carnation, Geranium, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Laurel, Patchouli, Rosemary, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Leather, Moss, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by MartinGE, last update on 02.08.2020.

Story of a journey
So here it is, the jelly pans, the green zino.

I got to know him at the tender age of 14/15, when my mother made me an Advent calendar full of different scent samples and miniatures, some of which were already discontinued at that time. A large part of it I used up, thanks to my then ignorant nose, or passed it on to my father. Only one managed to stay with me since then: The miniature of the Davidoff Relax
I liked the green stone already then, the smell unique, I could not imagine it on me but a father/grandfather who smells like this, that's it! So the little bottle has accompanied me over the years, always unused and full, only opened from time to time for sniffing.
A few years later, I must have been 18/19 and my perfume cabinet had grown noticeably, the first attempt to get it - shit, discontinued! At that time in the bay for slim 100€ to get, for my trainee salary but too much, so I stayed with the "Codes" and "Allures"...

From about 25 on, the perfume cabinet tripled in the meantime and I found my line, I looked for him regularly. Meanwhile, until today, he moves - if at all still to get - at 200+€. Well, you could afford it but somehow every offer came at the wrong time or I was too cheap to pay this amount for a "Davidoff"! So I stayed with the "Afganos" and "Aventussen"...

Well, the 03.04.20, I now 31, the "Relax" always on the wish list and still regularly sought but never bought, I have a crazy woman (here: NiSa) who is looking for it, finds it, and my now 16 years of travel thus brings to the destination:
A full, unused 75ml bottle in the original carton! That's him, the divine Jell-O, the green legend, heavy, angular, the pan on the back (connoisseurs know the story), the touch of woodruff so beloved by me, the note "Zino" in the relaxed sublimity of his self!

I'm at my destination (at least this trip) and I can only recommend to everybody to get this piece of perfume art as long as there are still copies available. Yes, the prices are astronomical but there is no one like him, this is niche level today and there the circle of the price closes, here it is no longer high but justified.

Thank you my NiSa and on the next journey!
The Otherness of the Same
Basically, the story is quickly told and hopefully quickly understood. As a 16 year old youth without the urge to be different, without extroverted style, without excessive taste in music, you were like everyone else in the country apart from the colourful skateboard. In the disco you looked like everyone else was drinking what everyone else was drinking and doing what everyone else was doing. To feel yourself a rebel perhaps a little more reckless, blue-eyed, curious and excessive than others...but at the end of the night you went home like everyone else. But then there was RELAX. No pushy crypt perfume, no athletic what I know what, no Joop, no Kenzo, no Nightflight...No it was RELAX. Relax smelled so strong in the beginning that my mother doubted that I went to the DIsko. But I did. And even if it is difficult to understand from today's point of view and perhaps as a city child: I was relaxing. Not Joop, not 1881, not Lagerfeld Photo, not Fahrenheit, not Kenzo. In the hazy fog of the disco I was Relax. And no one else. Really no one else. The inhabitants per km² helped me of course but no matter. Hach what am I glad about writing these petty lines. Because after 1 YEAR Relax I was again Photo, Joop, 1881, Kenzo or Fahrenheit or Uomo Roma and Le Male

Im Augustinerzelt.
Etwas Buntes braucht der Mensch
by Gandix
Ein kleines Extra für Fresh:Relax Fresh, die Zeit der Blumen geht auch wieder vorbei
by Gandix
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster
by jakdelind
Auf geht´s zur Wiesn: Der Augustiner Außenbereich.
by ErhanSaceros
by Taurus1967
by Couchlock
by Couchlock

Popular Davidoff

Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff