Run Wild (2019)

Run Wild by Davidoff

Run Wild is a new perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2019. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesMadagascar cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmerican lavender
Base Notes Base NotesFir balsam

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.11.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Danish model Tobias Sorensen.

6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Melon scent // nose deceived me :D
I found it in the DIAMOND PARFUMERIE and the scent reminded me of melon immediately, I found it so extraordinary that I bought it immediately, but a few days ago I noticed that it was not a melon I had smelled there, but GRANATAPFEL, thick, fat LOL :D but no matter I find the scent so pleasant and horny smelling that I recently bought myself 2x the shower gel of it, and I am mega satisfied with it ....

I know Davidoff from COOL WATER, and in my youth (soon to be 33) I remembered him as an old man scent, which is why I always avoided DAVIDOFF, but RUN WILD convinced me :)
7.0 7.0 6.0 5.0/10

Azarro Wanted the Second
Very briefly and concisely - history repeats itself !!!
Just like some time ago - when I was looking for something new in the perfumery of my confidence and just at this time the Wanted by Azarro came on the market, which I bought spontaneously because of real liking, but then after a relatively short time because of acute no longer liking to my son passed - I was a few weeks ago with the Run Wild.
I had already tried some scents that day, some sorted out, others "saved" I got the new Eau de Toilette from Davidoff in front of my nose from the nice saleswoman. Immediately the thought came to me: "You know this, DER is guaranteed not new!!! " but the lady convinced me that this was a very "fresh" fragrance. As spontaneously as at that time with the game I forgot all the stored Will I have smells and struck with the purchase.
For hours I thought afterwards, at which brother in the (smell) spirit I remembered the little water, again and again I tried to imagine the view of the appropriate bottle, unfortunately for a long time in vain. Suddenly, like most of the time, when you don't think about anything anymore, there was a flash of thought, and I knew it - Wild of Azarro, the bottle with the imaginary
"Revolver drum."
But just as suddenly as it occurred to me, just as fast it became quite clear to me that there would be no lifelong blood brotherhood this time, but that the white man would send his green brother as fast as possible to the eternal hunting grounds - either by passing it on again to a younger fellow tribe member, or by regular and generous use on the "hunt", even if other "redskins" unfortunately have to under it. The main thing is to get away again quickly - even if such an announcement sounds brutal - but if the first enthusiasm turns so quickly (again) into disappointment about an actually ill-considered wrong purchase, then you should hurry with the consumption of this after a certain period of use insignificantly smelling flatmate.
I did not go into detail about the fragrance, its components and its development after spraying on, that's all pure theory and objective feeling, I just wanted to give advice to the well-intentioned ones from my own experience, that you will probably save yourself a disappointment, if you get a sample or a bottling from the fragrances I mentioned here, or from the same niche, also to test a resonance after repeated application with yourself and other fellow human beings.
6.0 7.0 6.0 3.5/10

I ran against the wall!
The new Davidoff "Run Wild". Hardly tested yet, rarely commented, from the expectations fragrance pyramid associations in the direction of the legend "Relax". For 66€ the 100ml shine on me. He has to go to Cyprus! Nothing can go wrong, can it?! Even if it should only be mediocre, the few alternatives at the Düsseldorf Duty Free area can never keep up with it?!?!... Think! Because then the top note comes and the shock is written all over my face. A terrible scent that would have stayed there even for 20€. Despite rather bad Davidoff fragrances in the last years I had not expected DAS... "Run Wild" reminds me astonishingly of another new release from the last years, I just can't think which boy perfume it was. But he must have received a miserable criticism from me as well. Maybe some Invictus or one of Diesel's fists. Either way, Run Wild doesn't smell good. To describe it emotionlessly. Which is hard because the disappointment is deep.

"Run Wild is a chemically stinging lavender monster. Unnatural, pushy, annoying. Just not a pleasant composition. Also no creative or interesting. Simply a bewildering mix - as if Cola, Fanta, Sprite and red wine were tipped equally into a glass of plastic and stirred well. Horrible and nothing half and nothing whole. That's when "Relax" turns in the grave. In between there are no worlds but universes. "Run Wild is neither agile nor fresh, neither masculine nor modern. It's a tough cream scent with no recognizability. Floating and chewing gum-like. That's currently the order of the day, but in the end he also gets more grip - but all in all it's a testimony of poverty. I'm afraid so. Davidoff needs a U-turn almost more than the SPD...

Flacon: simple but quite valuable... measured at least by content.
Sillage: in its stabbing synthetics already something heavy
Shelf life: 7 hours would be solid... if the scent would fit.

Conclusion: a new low for Davidoff. At least as far as "new" fragrances and names are concerned. But even with the many miserable flankers it becomes difficult to find anything worse. Not wild, not a good run. "Run Wild" is a GAU. Artificial, ugly, cheap and boring on top. Like a spat bubblegum stuck in the street. A lavender disaster that hopefully doesn't suggest the upcoming "Cool Water Intense"..
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Liebesengel
Let the blonde have her say!
My comments are always simple. When I see images in my head that appeal and inspire me, I say yes to the fragrance, regardless of what the others mean. This comment is very long guessed... Sorry.

Yeah, I'm blonde. Natural blonde hair with golden shimmer. Blue eyes, full of innocence. Sweet laugh dimples I like to show. Lovely voice. Cliché fulfilled! But behind the blonde naivety is an adventurous spirit that makes my life happy.

I stood at Debenhams in the perfumery department and sniffed intensively at the Wild Run bottle. I rarely use paper strips. Put a sprayer on your wrist and take another deep breath. At that moment, someone was knocking on the shop window behind me. I turned around... There he stood, my wild gravel, waving to him. Athletically built, green eyes, dark brown hair with red stitch, three days beard. "Are you tasting my Run Wild again?" he smiled. "Are you ready for the tour, my angel?"

The next day our adventure started. The first rays of sun touched the sleepy horizon timidly. The old converted truck, black jeep, was already starving for the long distance. We started in Beaulieu, New Forest. Flower-white cows came together slowly. Small foals of wild horses cavorted among the bushes of yellow gorse. The dark clouds came out of nowhere. Thunderstorms, short rain showers. But the sun could not be stopped and shone in its splendour. The air was filled with wonderful aromas! The yellow flowers of gorse cried with their sweetness for sunshine. Wachholder spread a slightly balsamic note. And the grass under the hooves of wild horses provided the freshness. We drove towards the Highlands to Loch Oich. A mighty rainbow appeared in front of us and I had the feeling that I smelled every single colour in it.

Highlands - a revelation of wild nature. Then my heart rises and perceives all colours and smells. Do you know what that wild creepy clover smells like? Unobtrusive after hazelnut. Or the heather sticks just before sunset? They smell woody, earthy with a hint of smoke.

Loch Oich is a mystical lake surrounded by a fairytale forest. That's where we rest and stay the night. Nowhere else did I feel the magic of nature so close up. The water is crystal clear and the wind has a salty note. Ancient mossed trees, full of green-yellow lichen, stand silently close to each other. Woody oak bark sings melodically in my nose. Long strands of Icelandic moss hang down like the hair of a gray forest fairy. Do you know what this moss smells like on a full moon? This is absolutely weird - it smells of violets.

The night at Loch Oich is breathtaking. Shining stars look you in the eyes. Full moon dips everything in living silver light. There is absolute silence, saturated with unusual aromas. I could draw this air with my hand and lead it directly to my mouth... drink it, full of thirst, one sip after the other...

And it's very damp in the morning. The dew drops transform inconspicuous flowers of water mint into nectaroases for wild bumblebees. It smells like honey...

I love Run Wild because it makes me want adventure. Because what's in this light green bottle - I experienced it myself! Because this fragrance gives me my wild Scotsman, whom I have unfortunately not met live yet... but I know in my heart that it exists... somewhere in Highlands...

Sometimes ingenuity is simple and hidden in inconspicuous things...

On my skin this scent vibrates already in the first moment! At first very exciting, lively, fresh, but with a warm undertone. After 5 hours comes slowly soft balsamic note with a clear swing of spice and a little smoke. Finally a sweet aromatic veil remains...
6.0 3.0 4.0 3.0/10

Run Wild - but backwards and in a circle
Here again one finds an absolutely wrong staging of a product, which almost borders on excessive audacity.

Of all the fragrances mentioned, lavender is palpable with all love and a little imagination... albeit subliminal and rather weak.

What remains is a musty, spicy-sweet "experience" that is far away from wild freshness. Here you can find a synthetic scent, which you have already smelled and cursed everywhere.

Uninspired and only designed for unsuspecting buyers, this fragrance comes along.

Tastes are different, but please. Get your hands off me!
7.0 4.0 5.0 5.0/10

Olfakto
Not fresh, not wild, only extremely boring
Is that consumer deception already? Nothing of the scents is recognizable and the name suggests energy and something extraordinary. Instead a synthetic sweet-fruity mix comes along, which cannot be surpassed in arbitrariness.

The fragrance is not bad per se, but the best thing about it is the bottle - and we all know how much this contributes to the fragrance. I do not understand the decision makers behind this publication. But I strongly doubt their professionalism. To expect that an absolutely boring synthetic smell arrives, with which the buyer smells a few hours after a completely 0815 shower gel, is not comprehensible for me
When I meet someone with this scent, I just think they don't know anything about perfume. I'll be the one running away from Run Wild then
I then took the trouble to mix in the three fragrances. Of course I don't know the undeclared notes and the mixing ratio. But I wanted to know in which direction the scent would go, if the empathy really lies on the indicated scents.

And what a "surprise", it came out so completely different fragrance, without any coincidence. Nothing of the cinnamon can be felt in the original. The freshness of lavender is also not present, the light soapiness of Run Wild appears after a while, but is unlikely to come from lavender, because this occurs a little later and relatively weakly in lavender.

I search in vain for the fir balm in Run Wild, because the fragrance drifts from Ambroxan / Benzyl Mix to Calone in the heart phase and the fir balm, if at all in the fragrance, is completely overdriven. The sweetness in the fragrance comes from something else, no idea of what.

Funnily enough, Run Wild turns into a musty-sweet weakling, despite all the chemistry.
Tastes are different, so Run Wild is sure to find a few buyers. However, I would strongly recommend them not to buy the fragrance at the release price, but to wait a few months until it is offered at a discount price.
7.0 4.5/10

Benlives
Nobody runs here. And it's not gonna get wild at all...
You secretly hope for a miracle. Another firecracker, one that goes through the ceiling. Yeah, okay, it's illusory. Then something solid, well crafted with a difference. You don't? Oh, yeah. ok but what's halfway sensible is a brand like Davidoff will probably come into being again, right???
Think so. The name "Run Wild" alone is the worst mockery. What's so wild about that? Who runs amok with the uninspired plastic stuff, except maybe the perfumer, out of remorse? Whereby one also finds the meaning "neglect" under "run wild". Okay, that kind of fits. Olfactory neglect. Plastic - hazardous waste dump in the forest. It's really got notes with refractive potential in it. At least that's how I feel. A strange synthetic stuffness. With a perfume that should actually spray a certain freshness (from the "claim" to the fragrance, if you can really call it a claim...). Even the new "The Man" series by Otto Kern (Becky Lynch-Edition?) can convince me more. Au wei.

I can't judge durability and Sillage, I have given him sometime no more attention on the arm.

This could really be a new Low Light from Davidoff. Sad at the "competition" on the market.
7.0 6.0 6.0 4.0/10

Konsalik
You notice the intention and you're out of tune
A green bottle by Davidoff: This does, of course, convey associations with the first, the large, the primeval green Davidoff. Especially since his green is much richer on the illuminated shelf of the local miller than on the Parfumo search photo. The reduced pyramid (quickly looked up) also sounds interesting in theory if one were not accustomed to seeing it as part of the marketing strategy rather than as an actual indication of the scent character. The adjective and localization overkill is also being introduced here: What makes "Madagascar cinnamon" and "American lavender" so special that their origin must be explicitly mentioned? One inevitably feels reminded of advertising icons such as the "Byzantine king nut", "original Kabua cocoa" or the immortal "Piedmont cherry".

Between tender hope and sober skepticism the first nose on the back of the hand:

Coked chewing gum like Invictus and the like. Oh, great! Is that the cinnamon?! You're trying to... All right, okay, next sniff. And where's my lavender? Ah, there it is, but it doesn't come up against the penetrating chewing gum note and even bites itself with it; I suspect here the cause for the plastic fire smell, which I could already determine with some modern Candy smells with listed lavender. After an hour, the cute One Million caramel joins the chewing gum and together the two bumper cars really don't let anything get through what was lined up in the pyramid in such a cardboard-cuddly manner. Durability and Sillage are not worth mentioning, thank God.

In my profile I declare the army of smoke thrower scents to be my scent nemesis. This one's part of it: He blurs and glues everything that could make him interesting to a random Pampe and thus behaves to a real perfume marrying his ingredients with each other, like a fresh salad to a "green" smoothie: Here "food" instead of food, there "project" instead of fragrance. So it fits well into our time - which would also be a makeshift answer to the question of "why"; for it is indeed not quite clear why a brand like Davidoff is still betting in 2019 on this horse that has been shamefully ridden for years.

My 50th comment was supposed to be something special, now it became a spontaneous tear. The hundredth will be more pleasant, I promise.

by Dkay31
by Dkay31
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios

Popular Davidoff

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Woman by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Champion (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff The Game (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence by Davidoff Run Wild by Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Champion Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff