Run Wild 2019

Run Wild by Davidoff
Run Wild is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2019. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesAmerican lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesMadagascan cinnamonMadagascan cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesFir balsamFir balsam

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 05.01.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is Danish model Tobias Sorensen.

Fruity chemical bomb
With Davidoff Run wild you get a lot of heaviness and sweetness for little money. This is not a blue or green fragrance that goes in the direction of Cool Water or the unfortunately no longer available Relax. This is a chemical blast at its finest. Run wild smells like a cross between Montblanc Legend Spirit and Paco Rabbane One Million. However, these are fruitier and more iconic. Run wild has a very slight touch of freshness, but this fades very quickly. The ingredients lavender, cinnamon and fir balsam are not at all to smell out m.E.n., it smells simply artificial.

Why do I still give the fragrance 3.5 stars: Discreetly used it is on cold days outside and also indoors (not in the office or during sports!) Quite useful and uncomplicated. But beware: if you overdo it, you get a headache! For little money, you get brutal durability and sillage. Target group teenagers and young adults
Run Wild
For my taste, the Run Wild is a very pleasant perfume. I wear it especially like, because of the sweetish end note which occurs only after about 3 hours. Then it is but unfortunately again quickly over...

...the durability is borderline, because the fragrance is not really longer than 2-3 hours audible.
I like it somehow anyway

DPArtist
Not so wild but quite pleasant
I've only owned this for a short time but with three full wears I've come to the conclusion I learned all I need to know about this one, because, just as with the other fairly recent Davidoff release 'Cool Water Intense' this is quite a simple fragrance and that's not always a bad thing, even if I'd had hoped for a little more from Run Wild.

First things first I feel this has been kind of unfairly trashed but then again I do understand some of the criticism I suppose. Make no mistake, as with CWI Run Wild is aimed at the more youthful segment of the market. This fragrance is most definitely of the 'now' or (relatively) recent trends in men's perfumery. I've heard people mention a similarity with V&R Spicebomb Nightvision, I don't really remember that one as I only smelled it once but really to me, Run Wild is like a lighter, less sweet/cloying 'Invictus type' scent but with a slight green hue. I think that maybe Clavin Klein's Truth for Men was an inspiration here for that green touch but RW also makes me think of some fruity boiled sweets I've had in the past, but this is definitely not a sugary gourmand fragrance,, it's more like when you smell someone not far away sucking on a green boiled sweet, there's not much to evoke evergreen forests here despite the listed fir note.

I was hoping for a bit more bite with this one, a bit more personality, it's not very memorable but it's at least far from horrible. It's still usually winter weather where I live but the last few days have been strangely spring-like and Run Wild was very pleasant to wear, pretty strong at first but quickly pulls in closer to the skin, longevity seems OK though, especially for a light scent. Strangely on the later dry-down I get a slight vanillic note, kind of like the one in Armani Stronger with You (of course much lighter here!).

Run Wild is far from another classic for me but it's also far from being a complete dud, worth a try for a simple, pleasant, modern/youthful everyday scent on those days when you don't want an invasive fragrance. Honestly I would've been disappointed had I paid full retail but for around 20 euros for 100ml I don't feel too hard done by with this stuff. Nice bottle and cap too.
Horrible.
I got this little tester from Parfumdreams. Was one of those little testers that just lie there for free when you buy a fragrance with them..

What can I say, creepy ... What does it smell like, what notes? Honestly, for the life of me, I can't tell... I don't smell any of the notes... This "fragrance" smells to me like cheap aftershave for men over 70 from the discounter... Sharp, edgy and just super unpleasant... One of those " fragrances" that flows directly up the nose and hurts to the last brain cells.... Creepy..
Invictus DNA in bad.
How Invictus smells, you probably don't need to explain in detail to anyone here. Run Wild is quasi Invictus, which is a bit rounder and thus loses its complete relevance. For 15 year olds still okay, otherwise unacceptable. Neither fresh, nor aromatically sweet but simply a bubblegum lavender disaster. Invictus is just as unwearable in everyday life, but because of this unbelievable sweetness it can at least be used for partying in the club and thus draws many more compliments than a Run Wild, which takes away the only strength of Invictus and wants to present an everyday scent that simply cannot exist with this DNA. I don't see any situation where this fragrance does well. If you want to save another 20 Euro get the current Zara w/end till 8pm fragrance. Same game, same DNA, smells minimally fruity due to tangerine. Unfortunately neither of them are great scents. Invictus remains the winner.
GucciBratan
INVICTUS 2.0 ? Or did you do it on your own?
I received a sample of DAVIDOFF RUN WILD after I bought a new perfume.
As I had made quite good experiences with Davidoff Intense, I was happy to try it out and must say that I was pleasantly surprised.

The opening really reminds very much of PR's Invictus, but with a not too penetrating sweetness, but a bit fresher and more adult. Nevertheless, a clear chewing gum scent is also in the foreground here. I can't smell the "Madagascar cinnamon" that's listed here.

After about 10 minutes the lavender note comes through and I perceive tonka bean, even if it is not mentioned here either. All in all for me the more interesting scent course than Invictus.

Those who know Invictus know that this fragrance really lasts a long time once you have applied it. It's the same with Run Wild. The durability is very good !

But while Invictus quickly becomes annoying, as the sweetness simply becomes too much effort, Davidoff Run Wild doesn't manage to cross this narrow ridge. The sweetness is still in the range of reasonable and does not annoy.

Nevertheless, Davidoff Run Wild is also just a fragrance that you should wear to the club or in your free time in the evening. In the office or in everyday life I consider it to be out of place, because the similarities to Invictus are too strong and because for me sweet fragrances should generally be worn in my free time and not in the office (but of course this is only my opinion)

Conclusion: nice name, a bit boring bottle and a good alternative to Invictus, as it is not quite as overly sweet as its role model and has a more exciting fragrance.

So if you are looking for an alternative to Invictus, you should definitely try Run Wild by Davidoff
Melon scent // nose deceived me :D
I found it in the DIAMOND PARFUMERIE and the scent reminded me of melon immediately, I found it so extraordinary that I bought it immediately, but a few days ago I noticed that it was not a melon I had smelled there, but GRANATAPFEL, thick, fat LOL :D but no matter I find the scent so pleasant and horny smelling that I recently bought myself 2x the shower gel of it, and I am mega satisfied with it ....

I know Davidoff from COOL WATER, and in my youth (soon to be 33) I remembered him as an old man scent, which is why I always avoided DAVIDOFF, but RUN WILD convinced me :)
Azarro Wanted the Second
Very briefly and concisely - history repeats itself !!!
Just like some time ago - when I was looking for something new in the perfumery of my confidence and just at this time the Wanted by Azarro came on the market, which I bought spontaneously because of real liking, but then after a relatively short time because of acute no longer liking to my son passed - I was a few weeks ago with the Run Wild.
I had already tried some scents that day, some sorted out, others "saved" I got the new Eau de Toilette from Davidoff in front of my nose from the nice saleswoman. Immediately the thought came to me: "You know this, DER is guaranteed not new!!! " but the lady convinced me that this was a very "fresh" fragrance. As spontaneously as at that time with the game I forgot all the stored Will I have smells and struck with the purchase.
For hours I thought afterwards, at which brother in the (smell) spirit I remembered the little water, again and again I tried to imagine the view of the appropriate bottle, unfortunately for a long time in vain. Suddenly, like most of the time, when you don't think about anything anymore, there was a flash of thought, and I knew it - Wild of Azarro, the bottle with the imaginary
"Revolver drum."
But just as suddenly as it occurred to me, just as fast it became quite clear to me that there would be no lifelong blood brotherhood this time, but that the white man would send his green brother as fast as possible to the eternal hunting grounds - either by passing it on again to a younger fellow tribe member, or by regular and generous use on the "hunt", even if other "redskins" unfortunately have to under it. The main thing is to get away again quickly - even if such an announcement sounds brutal - but if the first enthusiasm turns so quickly (again) into disappointment about an actually ill-considered wrong purchase, then you should hurry with the consumption of this after a certain period of use insignificantly smelling flatmate.
I did not go into detail about the fragrance, its components and its development after spraying on, that's all pure theory and objective feeling, I just wanted to give advice to the well-intentioned ones from my own experience, that you will probably save yourself a disappointment, if you get a sample or a bottling from the fragrances I mentioned here, or from the same niche, also to test a resonance after repeated application with yourself and other fellow human beings.
3.5
I ran against the wall!
The new Davidoff "Run Wild". Hardly tested yet, rarely commented, from the expectations fragrance pyramid associations in the direction of the legend "Relax". For 66€ the 100ml shine on me. He has to go to Cyprus! Nothing can go wrong, can it?! Even if it should only be mediocre, the few alternatives at the Düsseldorf Duty Free area can never keep up with it?!?!... Think! Because then the top note comes and the shock is written all over my face. A terrible scent that would have stayed there even for 20€. Despite rather bad Davidoff fragrances in the last years I had not expected DAS... "Run Wild" reminds me astonishingly of another new release from the last years, I just can't think which boy perfume it was. But he must have received a miserable criticism from me as well. Maybe some Invictus or one of Diesel's fists. Either way, Run Wild doesn't smell good. To describe it emotionlessly. Which is hard because the disappointment is deep.

"Run Wild is a chemically stinging lavender monster. Unnatural, pushy, annoying. Just not a pleasant composition. Also no creative or interesting. Simply a bewildering mix - as if Cola, Fanta, Sprite and red wine were tipped equally into a glass of plastic and stirred well. Horrible and nothing half and nothing whole. That's when "Relax" turns in the grave. In between there are no worlds but universes. "Run Wild is neither agile nor fresh, neither masculine nor modern. It's a tough cream scent with no recognizability. Floating and chewing gum-like. That's currently the order of the day, but in the end he also gets more grip - but all in all it's a testimony of poverty. I'm afraid so. Davidoff needs a U-turn almost more than the SPD...

Flacon: simple but quite valuable... measured at least by content.
Sillage: in its stabbing synthetics already something heavy
Shelf life: 7 hours would be solid... if the scent would fit.

Conclusion: a new low for Davidoff. At least as far as "new" fragrances and names are concerned. But even with the many miserable flankers it becomes difficult to find anything worse. Not wild, not a good run. "Run Wild" is a GAU. Artificial, ugly, cheap and boring on top. Like a spat bubblegum stuck in the street. A lavender disaster that hopefully doesn't suggest the upcoming "Cool Water Intense"..
Run Wild - but backwards and in a circle
Here again one finds an absolutely wrong staging of a product, which almost borders on excessive audacity.

Of all the fragrances mentioned, lavender is palpable with all love and a little imagination... albeit subliminal and rather weak.

What remains is a musty, spicy-sweet "experience" that is far away from wild freshness. Here you can find a synthetic scent, which you have already smelled and cursed everywhere.

Uninspired and only designed for unsuspecting buyers, this fragrance comes along.

Tastes are different, but please. Get your hands off me!

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 20 days ago
More Azzaro Wanted than Invictus, bubble gum sweet nevertheless. Quite pleasant, youthful freshie. Nothing to go wrong here.
DPArtistDPArtist 11 months ago
A simple, uplifting & youthful scent, definitely in the style of 'Invictus' et al but possibly not as cloying or sweet. It's OK, nice bottle

Ich bin damit ganz wild gerannt!
by Floyd
Meine Laufschuhe heute früh!
by Floyd
by Juzi
by Juzi
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Cool Water Parfum by Davidoff Wood Blend by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff