Silver Shadow 2005Eau de Toilette

Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2005. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Cedar leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesSaffron, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2020.

The Balanced

I have possessed this fragrance since it was first released and I have always enjoyed wearing it. What I particularly like about this perfume by master perfumer Francis Kurkdjian is its well-balanced blend of fruit, sweetness, spice and wood. This happens very rarely. Usually one or two fragrances are rather dominant, here it is not so. The sweetness of Davidoff's Silver Shadow is never heavy, but light and fruity. In the course of time a woody spiciness predominates before the fragrance (somewhat boring) fades away amber-vanilla.

I cannot understand comparisons to Terre d'Hermes, because Silver Shadow is much rounder, softer and sweeter than that one. The comparison drawn here with Boss Bottled is already more comprehensible. If one would exchange apple and orange, they would already be close. I still notice some similarity to Dolce and Gabbana's The One. Especially the interaction of orange and amber here and there.

The ideal time to wear this perfume is, I think, late summer and early autumn. For the summer it is too spicy and sweet and for the winter it has too little punch. But when it starts to get a bit harsh, but you still carry summer in your heart, when it is sometimes already a bit chilly and you long for comforting warmth, then it is just the right fragrance!
TheDNL
Cotton candy with orange jam
Yes, even the wooden stick of cotton candy can be smelled! It should be mentioned that it is carved from cedar and was soaked in patchouli before.
Unfortunately, my ability to put this treat in the right light fails, so ixh can also
It remains a scent to bite into

An economic jewel
I love this perfume, it smells like caramelized oranges or candied oranges, it is a delight to take it and a true generator of compliments.

It is a very masculine, elegant and sensual fragrance, very versatile, that can be worn at any date or time.

The duration is broad, reaching up to 8 hours. His wake is moderate, it is rather like an aura that surrounds you, you feel in the vicinity, but if there is something fresh, you feel it everywhere.

Recommended perfume if you like sweet, daring and sexy perfumes, and that are not invasive or cloying.

Sorry for my bad english.

Davidoff's brightness with Silver Shadow
It took me a long time to buy this fragrance.
I allways thought that with this notes and the nose of Francis Kurkdjian, I could not go wrong. But I was just trying to avoid another blind buy. I ended up blind buying it this week, and I am glad I did it.
It opens with a very nice deep orange note. It's not a fresh zesty teenager orange. It's a classy orange as if it had been blended in a Terre d'Herm├ęs flanker. You also feel a hint of cedar that grows in the heart notes. The spices you detect in the heart notes are just right there. Yes I can notice the saffron but I could swear that there is some red pepper in it as well. This stage defines this fragrance as a very well blended Oriental EDT and that impression only becomes stronger with the bottom notes.
Both the cedar wood and the saffron notes endure till the bottom notes. I experienced a magnifig amber that seemed to embrace all the other notes. The dry down is quite pleasant and consists mainly of sweet woody amber and a well behaved patchouli.
As far as the perfermance is concerned I can only say that is average for this type of notes. Presentation is discrete but nice.
My expectations for this fragrance were clearly exceded. The pleasure I get from this scent is quite above average. It's a VERY GOOD fragrance indeed. The low price (I paid 17 Euros for it and it's not a tester) may contribute to the (under) rating that is usually associated to this fragrance. I do enjoy wearing it as much as some fragrances costing 5 times more. I heavilly recommend it.
My wife noticed imediatly that I was wearing a new fragrance (great - it's different from any mainstream scent) and just gave me a big compliment. I must also say that she only makes any type of remark regarding any perfume of mine one time out of ten.
My daughter came out of her room and just asked: "Who's smelling so well around here?"
Not bad for the first 5 minutes wearing Silver Shadow.

I would rate this fragrance with a global 8.0/10.0
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;

Opinion: a very good blending Citrus and Wood for a very low price. An all around fragrance for multiple uses.

Music: Dire Straits - "Walk Of Life"

Underrated gem
WHAT a great addition by Davidoff, this is very good fragrance, it's not beast mode factor yet it's very well pronounced and people like it.

The notes i get according to my nose: Orange, Saffron, Sandalwood & Amber and the later is very dominant in the base notes.

Basically this is a niche perfume with a great great price, under 20$ I guess. Won't disappoint you at all

Also this is very versatile perfume, could be worn on so many occasions.

Suave under appreciated gem
When I bought this, blind as always, I really didn't have a collection of perfumes. Just a handful really, and that too mostly the really popular aquatics. This was probably my first brave step into a different, totally unknown, to me, world. The first time was completely off-putting. Just something I didn't understand at all. Quite obvious coming from my background (of aquatics). But after a few other scents took me off my aquatic spell, I came back to this one. And honestly I haven't left this 'spicy-woody' genre ever since.

Silver Shadow opens with a very spicy, balmy, in-your-face type of bitter-orange accord. But as soon as the opening blast settles this scent gets magical. You can immediately smell this cloud of beautiful black pepper, saffron and benzoin. Very warm and enveloping, but not in a bit overpowering or strong. Just natural and grounded. As the hours go by this scent gets slightly sweeter, ambery-vannilic. I can get whiffs of cloves & cinnamon too at times. And all this is supported by a very thin layer of musky patchouli. All the while it stays subtle and restrained. It's more of a skin scent if used normally, so I go generous on the trigger. And it's worth it. It's very suave and sophisticated. Very mature, understated and totally inoffensive, so a perfect office scent in a way. I don't know if it's a crowdpleaser, since the sillage is average or below, really - but the people who get close like it. It always smells warm and pleasant. It's not ground-breaking or super creative in anyway. But it is a very good and a proper scent made by the great Francis Kurkdijan.

8/10

The black sheep from Davidoff
I didn't expect much from Silver Shadow. I thought since it's discontinued in most countries and is becoming harder and harder to find, that it would be nothing special. Well, I was wrong.

Silver Shadow is a delicious interpretation of orange and woods. It's nicely subtle with an addictive drydown of amber and resins.

Silver Shadow is what I envision a ruggedly masculine man to smell like. The scent comes across as being natural and soothing, as well as incredibly sensual. It's like a 'come hither' without the gesture from the man himself.

I have no idea how I happened to stumble upon this fragrance nor why I felt compelled to try it, all I know is that I'm glad that I did.

In regards to longevity, it's certainly not as lasting as some fragrances on the market, however the lasting power is decent, at least in my opinion. It's an intimate scent, romantic in a sense as the fragrance hasn't a strong projection.

I'm not surprised to see Francis Kurkdjian as the man behind this composition. I find him to be a very talented perfumer, one that I greatly admire and respect.

As the fragrance develops, it does have a somewhat powdery edge, however I wouldn't call it feminine, although I don't shy from classifying it in my own terms as a unisex fragrance. I think Silver Shadow is a real head-turner with a lot of admirable qualities.

ElysiumElysium 8 months ago
I wouldn't even call this generic. Although it has a very delightful sweetness that can remind you of something familiar. Very Good frag!
EkkieEkkie 8 months ago
Very fresh and fruity with a nice amber base which adds some warmth. Smells better in the air than up close. Great for the price.
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
The top three from the house of Davidoff. The other two, of course, Cool Water and Zino. Just in my opinion.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
It opens with a deep orange note. Not a fresh zesty orange but a classy mature one as if it had been blended like a Terre d'Hermes flanker.

by Andreas09
by BlackbirdHH
by Michael
by Michael

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Cool Water Wave for Men by Davidoff